Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
First job Monday morning........ 16:37 - Sep 27 with 9948 viewsDeano19766

....if you were Tony F has surely to be pulling HR in and giving him his marching orders. Don't like the Premiershite and won't go and watch any games while we're in it so not bothered by relegation personally (although don't like to see Rangers lose any matches of course), but surely Tony F and his pals must be worried again now? Redknapp fluked us back up, and now 'organises' the dross we have produced so far this season. He's as shot as a manager as Rio is a defender.
[Post edited 27 Sep 2014 16:45]
First job Monday morning........ on 18:18 - Sep 27 with 1902 viewsSpiritofGregory

First job Monday morning........ on 18:03 - Sep 27 by kropotkin41

I agree with you on that. It was a tragedy for us when he went off to Derby I thought. He'd have made an ideal successor for Harry at the end of last season.

We need someone who can deal with our lazy players and keep us up and that's Pulis. It's easy to motivate young players, Steve won't have what it takes, he is too much of a pussy.

Pulis is a Premier League version of Warnock.
First job Monday morning........ on 18:20 - Sep 27 with 1893 viewsVancouverHoop

If TF isn't doing a search right now – actually it should have been going on since the summer, at least – for a Director of Football Operations then he truly is deluded. The right person could be hired now, stay in the background until 'Arry's contract expires, learn about the club, it's players, supporters etc. so they'd be ready to begin building next Summer, irrespective of which division we'll be in.

This should have happened when Fernandes took over, it didn't. It should have happened when it was obvious Hughes had lost the plot, it didn't. It should have happened this past Summer, it didn't. If it doesn't happen now, then we'll continue blundering around until our chairman listens to his head rather than his heart, or sells up and moves on.
First job Monday morning........ on 18:22 - Sep 27 with 1879 viewsClive_Anderson

First job Monday morning........ on 18:18 - Sep 27 by SpiritofGregory

We need someone who can deal with our lazy players and keep us up and that's Pulis. It's easy to motivate young players, Steve won't have what it takes, he is too much of a pussy.

Judging by Palace's results Warnock is a Premier League version of Warnock.
First job Monday morning........ on 18:23 - Sep 27 with 1869 viewsCHUBBS

First job Monday morning........ on 18:18 - Sep 27 by SpiritofGregory

Yeah that Warnocks never premiere league,winning at Everton and now beating Man utds conquerors.
I'm pretty sure you were cheering for MH when he was our manager and your wish came true.
I would take NW back all day long.
First job Monday morning........ on 18:27 - Sep 27 with 1856 viewsNW5Hoop

First job Monday morning........ on 17:42 - Sep 27 by SpiritofGregory

Tony Pulis.

There was a very good post about Pulis by The Secret Footballer the other week, with some stuff that's worth bearing in mind:

"For Pulis’ part, he is known in the game as a control freak. He always has been, from the top down — the players, the chef, the fitness coach, the chief executive and the physio.

"Nobody is immune to the way that Pulis thinks their job should be done, despite having a fraction of the knowledge of the people that hold those positions.

"And that causes friction.

"There were no shortage of stories emerging from the Britannia Stadium of arguments and punch-ups during Pulis’ reign as Stoke manager.

"One accusation even led to a full internal inquiry, when it was alleged that the Welshman threw a head-butt at his talismanic front man, James Beattie, after a dispute in the Emirates Stadium changing-room about the length of time off the players were allowed for their Christmas party.

"I was told that the players were initially told to report on Tuesday only for Pulis to change his mind, after the defeat to Arsenal, and call the players in on the Monday.

"Pulis kept his job thanks to an incredibly close relationship with the national and local Press but his reputation in the game among the players who knew what had really taken place was shot to pieces.

"And it is perhaps on that point that we can uncover the real reason that so many of Pulis’ transfer targets turned down the opportunity to join him at Palace.

"Most footballers will simply do an about turn wherever allegations persist of attacking players and hanging them out to dry in the Press."
First job Monday morning........ on 18:29 - Sep 27 with 1853 viewsRuislipHoop

First job Monday morning........ on 17:17 - Sep 27 by kropotkin41

Took my youngest to watch Carmarthen Town this afternoon. £10 with a programme; chips, tea and a soft drink for a couple of quid more. A good game of football and Carmarthen won 3-1.

The afternoon went sour of course when, upon arriving in a cafe afterwards they had Final Score on. I walked through the doors on 66 minutes (2.30 ko in WPL see) and we equalised.......... by the time I'd gone to the gents and come back for my coffee we were behind again.

Tell me though, were we any better this afternoon? Any better at all? I suppose we must have been given that the scoreline doesn't suggest a demolition........... or did Green have a great game?

youre not allowed to say that on this site for fear of being branded a traitor to the cause.We are all supposed to turn up home and away every week watching the same ol shite and not complain.EVer heard of the emperors new clothes,well there are people on this site who actually believe all the shite they read.
First job Monday morning........ on 18:30 - Sep 27 with 1836 viewsTheBlob

Poll: So how was the season for you?

First job Monday morning........ on 18:30 - Sep 27 with 1831 viewsjoolsyp

First job Monday morning........ on 18:01 - Sep 27 by VancouverHoop

We were better than our first two away matches (but that's a bar set high as a blade of grass on the eighteenth green.) Green made some excellent saves in the first half, that – and Mané's inability to stay onside – flattered us.

Second half was better. Austin's goal was brilliant, as was it's build up. Krancjar almost repeated last week's heroics – but not quite. However we were always one breakaway from disaster.

The defence is a mess, and we've now four starting midfielders injured. Ferdinand is a blind man trying to find his way in a dust-storm, and suddenly Karl Henry is one of our a key players.

There aren't many reasons for optimism. But – on the "Devil You Know" principle – I still think firing Redknapp now would be a mistake. In spite of what each of us may believe, there's no guarantee anyone else would do any better. Our next manager simply can't be another panic hiring, like the last two. It has to a carefully considered appointment, with the long-term growth of the club as its primary goal. Unfortunately though Tony Fernandes the businessman seems to understand that, Little Tone the Fan gets the better of him in the debate.

We have such a soft underbelly in midfield - I actually thought Saints were pretty ordinary compared to previous performances but one thing they did really well was close down really quickly in midfield and win the second ball. We were simply not quick or tenacious or athletic enough in midfield (yes I know we have injuries). Fer was very disappointing first half, improved slightly in the second. We only really looked a threat going forward when Hoilett came on and Phillips was absolutely woeful. He looked League 1 standard to me.

The bottom line is that Rednapp will relegate us again this season with this group of players. If you're ok with that then fine and actually I'm ok with it as long as we get in the right long-term replacement that will consolidate us in the Championship for a couple more seasons. Redknapp and his entire management team are a product of a particular era in the Premier League which has now passed.

Would bringing in Pulis change things? Possibly, possibly not. What he would do is give us fans a bit of a lift because at least he'd be out on the touchline encouraging and barking orders at players.

One last thing - I love Greeno to death and he made some good saves in the first half. But he doesn't command his area at all and I think that encourages us to sit even deeper away from home than we do with Rio at the back. If McCarthy is the future then why not give him a few games?
Login to get fewer ads

First job Monday morning........ on 18:40 - Sep 27 with 1771 viewsGloucs_R

Dinosaurs are extinct for a reason....its called evolution. You evolve our you die.

Poll: Are we staying up?

First job Monday morning........ on 18:43 - Sep 27 with 1764 viewsTheBlob

First job Monday morning........ on 18:40 - Sep 27 by Gloucs_R

Dinosaurs are extinct for a reason....its called evolution. You evolve our you die.

Or get hit by a lump of rock.

First job Monday morning........ on 18:44 - Sep 27 with 1754 viewskropotkin41

First job Monday morning........ on 18:43 - Sep 27 by TheBlob

Or a few thousand programmes getting thrown on the pitch by irate fans!!

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

First job Monday morning........ on 18:45 - Sep 27 with 1749 viewsGloucs_R

First job Monday morning........ on 18:43 - Sep 27 by TheBlob

From blackpool?

First job Monday morning........ on 18:48 - Sep 27 with 1735 viewsTheBlob

First job Monday morning........ on 18:45 - Sep 27 by Gloucs_R

From blackpool?

Dinosaurs were wiped out by meteorite impact not evolution.Dodo and Great Auk better analogies,they didn't adapt to their situations.

But anyway,keep going......

First job Monday morning........ on 18:50 - Sep 27 with 1723 viewsGloucs_R

First job Monday morning........ on 18:48 - Sep 27 by TheBlob

Dinosaurs were wiped out by meteorite impact not evolution.Dodo and Great Auk better analogies,they didn't adapt to their situations.

Other living matters from that time period survived by evolving....

First job Monday morning........ on 19:11 - Sep 27 with 1673 viewskropotkin41

First job Monday morning........ on 18:50 - Sep 27 by Gloucs_R

Other living matters from that time period survived by evolving....

Whilst I am almost always up for a discussion of Darwinism and natural history, I think this may be confusing the issue somewhat................. could we stick to getting rid of our aged surrender monkey and leave the discussion of extinctions and evolution for another day?

First job Monday morning........ on 19:19 - Sep 27 with 1639 viewsNW5Hoop

First job Monday morning........ on 18:48 - Sep 27 by TheBlob

Dodos and great guks weren't rendered extinct by evolution. They were both hunted to extinction — it took only 64 years from the first sighting of a dodo to the last sighting. Being killed by people with guns isn't really "failing to adapt to your situation".
First job Monday morning........ on 19:21 - Sep 27 with 1623 viewsGloucs_R

First job Monday morning........ on 19:11 - Sep 27 by kropotkin41

Whilst I am almost always up for a discussion of Darwinism and natural history, I think this may be confusing the issue somewhat................. could we stick to getting rid of our aged surrender monkey and leave the discussion of extinctions and evolution for another day?

First job Monday morning........ on 19:24 - Sep 27 with 1612 viewskropotkin41

First job Monday morning........ on 19:21 - Sep 27 by Gloucs_R

Well, having him eaten by a T Rex might be one way to get rid of him.

First job Monday morning........ on 19:46 - Sep 27 with 1563 viewsTheBlob

First job Monday morning........ on 19:19 - Sep 27 by NW5Hoop

Dodos and great guks weren't rendered extinct by evolution. They were both hunted to extinction — it took only 64 years from the first sighting of a dodo to the last sighting. Being killed by people with guns isn't really "failing to adapt to your situation".

Well they could have flown off.The evolution of the birds was they weren't used to human contact - and they were so damned delicious.Not adapting to your predator situation is a kind of evolution,nature always wins,as Harry will no doubt find out
[Post edited 27 Sep 2014 19:48]

First job Monday morning........ on 19:57 - Sep 27 with 1539 viewswood_hoop

First job Monday morning........ on 18:01 - Sep 27 by VancouverHoop

We were better than our first two away matches (but that's a bar set high as a blade of grass on the eighteenth green.) Green made some excellent saves in the first half, that – and Mané's inability to stay onside – flattered us.

Second half was better. Austin's goal was brilliant, as was it's build up. Krancjar almost repeated last week's heroics – but not quite. However we were always one breakaway from disaster.

The defence is a mess, and we've now four starting midfielders injured. Ferdinand is a blind man trying to find his way in a dust-storm, and suddenly Karl Henry is one of our a key players.

There aren't many reasons for optimism. But – on the "Devil You Know" principle – I still think firing Redknapp now would be a mistake. In spite of what each of us may believe, there's no guarantee anyone else would do any better. Our next manager simply can't be another panic hiring, like the last two. It has to a carefully considered appointment, with the long-term growth of the club as its primary goal. Unfortunately though Tony Fernandes the businessman seems to understand that, Little Tone the Fan gets the better of him in the debate.

'Our next manager simply can't be another panic hiring, like the last two'

Then that negates any critisism of Huges & Rednapp, the blame falls 99.99% at the feet of Fernandes, if Rednapp was merely a stopgap why has he been given a wad of cash to sign players, struggled throughtout his tenure( my opinion) and rumour of a extension being offered.

Has TF always had in mind another plan to bring in a 'maestro' that at some point will lead us to the 'nirvana' of a club that maybe not quite Chumps Leage contenders,but the new Far Eastern treasure chest at least, if Rednapp was really just a 'fill in' until the next Mourino was employed then we are in bigger sh** with this man in control than even I think.

I am not one who wants or needs instant success, I strongly believe in continuity, especially in managers, Rednapp was a very poor choice from day one, could have got a local Sunday pub team manager with more know how and bollox to set up a team that at leasts resembles one that may show a modicum of knowing what to do on a matchday.

TF must wonder just what he has to do to get his 'dream' at least a few rungs up the ladder, succesful in all areas but QPR,(promotion via playoffs does not count in my eyes) maybe he has no choice but to leave HR in place, pray to every god that exisists and just re-think totally a stratergy that does not include trying to bankroll a side to success without longevity at the fore front of his thinking, maybe that was the original plan, if so a complete failure and he is where the buck really stops.
First job Monday morning........ on 20:03 - Sep 27 with 1515 viewsTheBlob

First job Monday morning........ on 19:24 - Sep 27 by kropotkin41

Well, having him eaten by a T Rex might be one way to get rid of him.

T Rex were rubbish as well.

First job Monday morning........ on 20:10 - Sep 27 with 1492 viewsDiscodroids

"youre the book that i have opened ", harold..and the pages are bare, without shape or form, an expanse, a void for the premiership in the year of our lord 2014.

please shuffle off into the desert and tarry awhile, and send in the apostle kenny jacket.

for your sins are many , and unholy to thine eyes.

NOW FU CK OFF!

Discodroid 3:14.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

First job Monday morning........ on 20:29 - Sep 27 with 1435 viewsDoughnut

I think he has to go for no other reason than I can't stand watching this Sh*te any longer. And he and his bloated entourage are the sole cause of it!! I am now of the opinion that his heart has never been in this job and Uncle Tone has had his pants pulled off and thrown away by this lot. HR couldn't give a sh*t about this club, every weekend...thats obvious by the drivel we pay to see. He's still working out his team and has tried every other tactic bar the only one that is left.....Have a F***ing Go!!
But he wont do that in a million years. Get shut and lets try our arm with anyone bar Hughes.
First job Monday morning........ on 20:36 - Sep 27 with 1421 viewsAntti_Heinola

First job Monday morning........ on 17:43 - Sep 27 by Jamie

Would rather see Arrys reputation go down the drain with us, same as Hughes' should've.

Still no relegation on Hughes' CV...

Equally don't fancy paying HR even more millions to leave.
[Post edited 27 Sep 2014 17:44]

Spot on Jamie.
He absolutely should not be sacked until the moment we're relegated - if indeed we are. He has, however much i dislike him, earned the right to have a season here, just as Warnock did, and we ended that too soon.
He should stay and stick this out, and if he fails, he fails - he can't have a single excuse for failing, he's been backed better than any other manager in our entire history in terms of funds and wages. There really is no hiding place. So either he sorts this out and keeps us up, or he does't, we shake hands, and he ends his football career with a relegation.
Bit like Clough, only without all the glory before it.

Bare bones.

First job Monday morning........ on 20:39 - Sep 27 with 1408 viewsVancouverHoop

First job Monday morning........ on 19:57 - Sep 27 by wood_hoop

'Our next manager simply can't be another panic hiring, like the last two'

Then that negates any critisism of Huges & Rednapp, the blame falls 99.99% at the feet of Fernandes, if Rednapp was merely a stopgap why has he been given a wad of cash to sign players, struggled throughtout his tenure( my opinion) and rumour of a extension being offered.

Has TF always had in mind another plan to bring in a 'maestro' that at some point will lead us to the 'nirvana' of a club that maybe not quite Chumps Leage contenders,but the new Far Eastern treasure chest at least, if Rednapp was really just a 'fill in' until the next Mourino was employed then we are in bigger sh** with this man in control than even I think.

I am not one who wants or needs instant success, I strongly believe in continuity, especially in managers, Rednapp was a very poor choice from day one, could have got a local Sunday pub team manager with more know how and bollox to set up a team that at leasts resembles one that may show a modicum of knowing what to do on a matchday.

TF must wonder just what he has to do to get his 'dream' at least a few rungs up the ladder, succesful in all areas but QPR,(promotion via playoffs does not count in my eyes) maybe he has no choice but to leave HR in place, pray to every god that exisists and just re-think totally a stratergy that does not include trying to bankroll a side to success without longevity at the fore front of his thinking, maybe that was the original plan, if so a complete failure and he is where the buck really stops.

I agree the buck does – as is always the case – stop at the top.

It was fair to forgive TF for naivete, and bad luck, a couple of years ago. But after the Hughes debacle, he really should have begun planning farther ahead. It was fair enough to bring in "Arry as a short term hire in an attempt to keep us up, but he should also have been looking to build a lasting team culture. You don't do that with someone who's pushing 70.

I don't agree that others, particularly Hughes, are blameless. He spent wads of cash on superannuated players with no evident plan in mind, taking full advantage of Fernandes's guileless enthusiasm. 'Arry, OTOH is just past his sell by date. But, by his own lights is probably doing his best. He may yet be with us when/if we stay up, but it'll likely be in spite of his management rather than because of it.

I hope if someone is brought in to head run the footballing side of the club they aren't seen as a Maestro or Supremo. We need people who understand both football and organisational planning. It's not about getting The Right Man, it's about assembling a group of individuals with compatible skills who can agree on, and fulfill, long-term objectives. It sounds boring but, over time, it's more likely to work than bringing another unemployed ex-team boss who happens to flavour of the month.
[Post edited 27 Sep 2014 20:41]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024