Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ched Evans petition 09:28 - Oct 17 with 18959 viewssimmo

Now on over 150,000 signatures. Well done that club.

http://news.sky.com/story/1354775/petition-against-rapist-footballer-grows

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Ched Evans petition on 09:56 - Nov 13 with 2007 viewsgobbles

Ched Evans petition on 08:28 - Nov 13 by johncharles

That's Mike Tyson the convicted rapist.

I don't see how her being a fan of Mike Tyson means that she cannot have views on whether Evans should play for her club.
An important difference is that Evans was an employee of the club when he committed the offence and has thus dragged the club's name through the mud.
Easy to jump up and down and accuse everyone of being a hypocrite. But the way Evans's supporters/family have acted is disgusting, abusing the victim and attacking everyone who who has a legitimate point of view. He was convicted, he then appealed and lost the appeal.
Ched Evans petition on 11:05 - Nov 13 with 1956 viewsTheBlob

Ched Evans petition on 09:56 - Nov 13 by gobbles

I don't see how her being a fan of Mike Tyson means that she cannot have views on whether Evans should play for her club.
An important difference is that Evans was an employee of the club when he committed the offence and has thus dragged the club's name through the mud.
Easy to jump up and down and accuse everyone of being a hypocrite. But the way Evans's supporters/family have acted is disgusting, abusing the victim and attacking everyone who who has a legitimate point of view. He was convicted, he then appealed and lost the appeal.

He didn't lose an appeal,he was denied Leave to Appeal which is entirely different.

But now.....

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2014/oct/18/legal-watchdog-fast-tracks-ched-e

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Ched Evans petition on 12:03 - Nov 13 with 1907 viewsRangersw12

Ched Evans petition on 11:05 - Nov 13 by TheBlob

He didn't lose an appeal,he was denied Leave to Appeal which is entirely different.

But now.....

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2014/oct/18/legal-watchdog-fast-tracks-ched-e

"It would normally take around 18 months for the commission, which has a staff of 90, to examine a claim of miscarriage of justice."

But because he is a footballer he gets preferential treatment

Fingers crossed the wrong un's appeal fails
[Post edited 13 Nov 2014 12:13]
Ched Evans petition on 12:06 - Nov 13 with 1896 viewsdaveB

what happens if he wins the appeal?
Ched Evans petition on 12:12 - Nov 13 with 1870 viewspaulparker

What makes me laugh about all this , is most sheff utd fans actually want this wrong un back in the team , to me its no different from the grooming that happened up the road in Rotherham , have these fans no shame
the girl was drunk as a skunk was taken to a hotel room to be used as meat between Donald and his mates, the girl was 19 that's still a kid to me and wouldn't of had a clue what was happening , Evans knew the score but couldn't help himself , the bloke is a fcuking wrong un and I hope someone breaks his legs in training, if it were my daughter I would have killed him
fair play to this bird from sky sports who is making a stand BTW

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Ched Evans petition on 12:24 - Nov 13 with 1839 viewsRangersw12

Ched Evans petition on 12:12 - Nov 13 by paulparker

What makes me laugh about all this , is most sheff utd fans actually want this wrong un back in the team , to me its no different from the grooming that happened up the road in Rotherham , have these fans no shame
the girl was drunk as a skunk was taken to a hotel room to be used as meat between Donald and his mates, the girl was 19 that's still a kid to me and wouldn't of had a clue what was happening , Evans knew the score but couldn't help himself , the bloke is a fcuking wrong un and I hope someone breaks his legs in training, if it were my daughter I would have killed him
fair play to this bird from sky sports who is making a stand BTW

I can't believe the Sheff United fan's to be honest but then some people would accept anything as long as their team does well
Ched Evans petition on 12:26 - Nov 13 with 1836 viewsTheBlob

Ched Evans petition on 12:06 - Nov 13 by daveB

If he wins the appeal then feasibly anybody who's called him scum and /or hopes someone breaks his legs could be staring down the barrel of a lawsuit.
I don't give a toss,just interested to see what happens.Especially in terms of new evidence not used in original trial and the Jury wanting to get home in time for tea.Smells like a miscarriage.

Ched Evans petition on 12:31 - Nov 13 with 1831 viewsRangersw12

His actions that night are of a wrong un regardless if he wins the appeal
Login to get fewer ads

Ched Evans petition on 12:53 - Nov 13 with 1815 viewsSydneyRs

Ched Evans petition on 12:26 - Nov 13 by TheBlob

If he wins the appeal then feasibly anybody who's called him scum and /or hopes someone breaks his legs could be staring down the barrel of a lawsuit.
I don't give a toss,just interested to see what happens.Especially in terms of new evidence not used in original trial and the Jury wanting to get home in time for tea.Smells like a miscarriage.

I have first hand.experience of.being.a.juror on a case where a verdict was only finally reached because it was Friday afternoon and people wanted to get home and not come back on Monday.

No idea if that was a factor here but it does happen.
Ched Evans petition on 12:55 - Nov 13 with 1802 viewsJamie

A monumental compensation payout.
Ched Evans petition on 13:04 - Nov 13 with 1789 viewsdaveB

Ched Evans petition on 12:31 - Nov 13 by Rangersw12

His actions that night are of a wrong un regardless if he wins the appeal

Not trying to defend him just wondered what would happen if he won the appeal in regards to his career, is it then ok for him to play as as one judge things he is innocent whilst a jury thought he did it. Really grey area this.

I don't think i'd want him playing for us if we were the club involved but other rapists and murderers have come out of jail to play for several years so not sure why this case should be so different.
Ched Evans petition on 14:06 - Nov 13 with 1754 viewsAntti_Heinola

Ched Evans petition on 13:04 - Nov 13 by daveB

Not trying to defend him just wondered what would happen if he won the appeal in regards to his career, is it then ok for him to play as as one judge things he is innocent whilst a jury thought he did it. Really grey area this.

I don't think i'd want him playing for us if we were the club involved but other rapists and murderers have come out of jail to play for several years so not sure why this case should be so different.

which other rapists and murderers?
Lee Hughes was manslaughter - i wouldn't want my club to employ him either. There are others, though?

He shouldn't be banned, but in my opinion any club would be insane to employ evans. Had he shown a shred of contrition i might feel differently.

Bare bones.

Ched Evans petition on 14:15 - Nov 13 with 1741 viewsTheBlob

Ched Evans petition on 14:06 - Nov 13 by Antti_Heinola

Lee Hughes was manslaughter - i wouldn't want my club to employ him either. There are others, though?

He shouldn't be banned, but in my opinion any club would be insane to employ evans. Had he shown a shred of contrition i might feel differently.

But that's the point,if you believe you're innocent(or rather not guilty)and are anticipating appeal,why be contrite?

Ched Evans petition on 14:21 - Nov 13 with 1730 viewsdaveB

Ched Evans petition on 14:06 - Nov 13 by Antti_Heinola

Can't remember his name but a goalkeeper killed a woman and child drink driving a few years back and is back playing now. Marlon king been in jail for sexual assault before as well and sure there are other cases. Our own Joey Barton has been in prison as well and allowed to play on although his offence not on the same scale as Ched Evans
Ched Evans petition on 14:29 - Nov 13 with 1716 viewsjohncharles

Be a few red faces on here.

Strong and stable my arse.

Ched Evans petition on 14:52 - Nov 13 with 1689 viewswombat

Ched Evans petition on 14:21 - Nov 13 by daveB

Can't remember his name but a goalkeeper killed a woman and child drink driving a few years back and is back playing now. Marlon king been in jail for sexual assault before as well and sure there are other cases. Our own Joey Barton has been in prison as well and allowed to play on although his offence not on the same scale as Ched Evans

hes the Plymouth goalkeeper and is back playing for them now , think he was on his way back from a wedding hit a family in a car while over the limit

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Ched Evans petition on 14:53 - Nov 13 with 1693 viewsMaggsinho

Luke McCormick. Was sentenced for causing death by dangerous driving.

Has now been made Captain of Plymouth.
Ched Evans petition on 14:54 - Nov 13 with 1693 viewsMrSheen

You're thinking of Luke McCormick, who is now captain of Plymouth. He was driving home the morning after a teammate's wedding (David Norris), still pissed, and ran into a car. Killed two kids I believe and crippled the father. Norris did a handcuff sign after scoring his first goal aftèrwards and was suspended. Surely worse than Evans, where the victim wasn't aware of a crime ever having been committed.

Cambridge used to have a player called Mick Norbury who served a sentence for the manslaughter of his girlfriend. Some uncomfortable silences in the dressing room on valentines day.
[Post edited 13 Nov 2014 15:57]
Ched Evans petition on 15:43 - Nov 13 with 1666 viewsBluce_Ree

Hang on. Ched Evans is appealing against his conviction? I thought he already had an appeal and failed. How many appeals does this c**t get then?

He needs to f**k off and get a quiet job coaching strikers somewhere. On football, not ethics.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Ched Evans petition on 16:01 - Nov 13 with 1645 viewsNW5Hoop

No one is saying he has no right to earn a living. The issue is whether he should walk straight back into the job he had before he was imprisoned for rape.

My employers wouldn't take me back. Would yours?
Ched Evans petition on 16:06 - Nov 13 with 1637 viewshoof_hearted

Ched Evans petition on 16:01 - Nov 13 by NW5Hoop

No one is saying he has no right to earn a living. The issue is whether he should walk straight back into the job he had before he was imprisoned for rape.

If you were really, really good at your job they would take you back. If you weren't then they'd take the chance to get shot of you.

Why can't the courts sort out justice and the football clubs sort out available players?
Ched Evans petition on 16:13 - Nov 13 with 1623 viewsMrSheen

Ched Evans petition on 16:01 - Nov 13 by NW5Hoop

Was there any internal debate about Chris Huhne, who's obviously no rapist but hardly penitent either? Does Erwin James still write
Ched Evans petition on 16:43 - Nov 13 with 1606 viewswhittocksRs

It's the atttitude of Evans as much as the act that people are upset about, isn't it. Clearly, what he did was fcking despicable and he rightly got time for it. He got a light sentence and should have come out of jail, apologised to the girl and the fans, stopped his idiot family from slandering the girl, and quietly gone about his business. Then people might be more inclined to forgive.

Instead he's a cnt.
Ched Evans petition on 16:58 - Nov 13 with 1587 viewsAntti_Heinola

you said murderers and rapists, dave.

Bare bones.

Ched Evans petition on 17:03 - Nov 13 with 1575 viewsdaveB

Ched Evans petition on 16:58 - Nov 13 by Antti_Heinola

you said murderers and rapists, dave.

well he killed someone, i call him a murderer, I might be wrong but sure some players have been done for rape before and gone onto play but can't think of names off the top of my head.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024