Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
OT : Your Favourite Christmas Tipple(s). 10:08 - Dec 19 with 2700 viewsToast_R

Right lets have yer. What’s your usual Christmas poison?

I’ll start..

On Xmas Eve, it’s usually beer. Nothing fancy just a cold few bottled lagers, Peroni, Becks, Carlsberg Export, nothing that’s going to leave me in a world of hurt the next day. If the wife and I go down the pub, might have a quick livener before, just to take the edge of the local riffraff who’ve been in there since lunch time and on their 10th drink already, aka the people we’ve gone to meet up with. Usually a Pina Colada (dark rum of course).

On Christmas Day, I like to get proceedings going from around 12pm. A Desperado with a wedge of lime leading up to the onslaught colon irritating vegetables. With the dinner, it’s whatever bottle is on the table, sparkling, white, rose, pass it over.

By the evening the old Chianti comes out to compliment that cheeseboard (The only Red I drink really). Then I’m knackered.
OT : Your Favourite Christmas Tipple(s). on 23:02 - Dec 19 with 603 viewsA40Bosh

10am: 2x Sinutab:

12pm: Not any of my favourite lager beers which feckin kill every sinus cavity in my head worse every year since I had chronic Bells Palsy as an 8 year old, so no Peroni, 1664, Carlsberg Eccy or Paul Weller. Probably loss like Corona or Coors.

2pm: 2 x Sinutab, share a bottle of fizzy with herself and others, more weak tasteless beer.

Dinner: bottle of white something or other, maybe a bit more.

6pm: 2 x Sinutab, More unfulfilling beer bottles

8pm: move on to a nice red to accompany the Snowdonia Cheese truckles.

10pm: 2x Sinutab in the vain hope that it might dull the post red wine impending agony. 2x 2lt bottles of sparkling water in the vain hope..........

11pm: Grand Marnier or Courvosier or Hennessey.

1am: Steam inhalation with Olbas Oil.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

OT : Your Favourite Christmas Tipple(s). on 23:05 - Dec 19 with 600 viewsDoughnut

Christmas day....well it has to be red...the pudding went down with her Maj..God bless err...and so into the Xmas afternoon with a glass of Rioja or Chiraz.... and the odd tipple of port..sailing merrily intoBoxing Day!!!!
OT : Your Favourite Christmas Tipple(s). on 00:04 - Dec 20 with 567 viewsBrianMcCarthy

OT : Your Favourite Christmas Tipple(s). on 23:02 - Dec 19 by A40Bosh

10am: 2x Sinutab:

12pm: Not any of my favourite lager beers which feckin kill every sinus cavity in my head worse every year since I had chronic Bells Palsy as an 8 year old, so no Peroni, 1664, Carlsberg Eccy or Paul Weller. Probably loss like Corona or Coors.

2pm: 2 x Sinutab, share a bottle of fizzy with herself and others, more weak tasteless beer.

Dinner: bottle of white something or other, maybe a bit more.

6pm: 2 x Sinutab, More unfulfilling beer bottles

8pm: move on to a nice red to accompany the Snowdonia Cheese truckles.

10pm: 2x Sinutab in the vain hope that it might dull the post red wine impending agony. 2x 2lt bottles of sparkling water in the vain hope..........

11pm: Grand Marnier or Courvosier or Hennessey.

1am: Steam inhalation with Olbas Oil.

There's no way you're being allowed into Cork!
[Post edited 20 Dec 2014 0:04]

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

OT : Your Favourite Christmas Tipple(s). on 00:29 - Dec 20 with 545 viewsA40Bosh

It's old age Brian. I've turned into a wuss.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

OT : Your Favourite Christmas Tipple(s). on 02:35 - Dec 20 with 523 viewskarl

Whine, whine and whine. Sorry thought this was the boxing day thread!

Actually will be Rioja or similar all day but unfortunately work a long day on boxing day now so my traditional bottle of Creme de Menthe (frappe of course) has been off the menu for the last few years and has been relegated to an inadequate 27th or such like, just isnt right!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024