Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mutch. Palace. Permanent. Confirmed. 13:42 - Jan 29 with 17252 viewsichbinnaughty

M'vila or Diarra incoming??
Mutch. Palace. Permanent. Confirmed. on 15:38 - Jan 29 with 2435 viewsGloucs_R

Move Fer into the centre and bring in a left winger.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Mutch. Palace. Permanent. Confirmed. on 15:42 - Jan 29 with 2422 viewsRangersw12

Mutch. Palace. Permanent. Confirmed. on 15:33 - Jan 29 by JonDoeman

This reminded me of the Stoke chairman on hiring Hughes. And same as Hughes, I can't get too upset about Mutch leaving either!

Maybe the fans should be asking why it didn't work for Hughes & Mutch with us eh ?
Mutch. Palace. Permanent. Confirmed. on 15:44 - Jan 29 with 2408 viewsToast_R

The way I see it, if he’s had a slow start to his QPR career or not, you don’t sell someone within the first few months of signing them with hardly a game to their name. It’s an unwritten rule. Redknapp put his eggs into a single 3-5-2 basket and ditched it after a couple of games. The Club is in the relegation zone having not won a solitary point away from home all season, not even close to doing so really and that certainly won’t change any time soon. Not only has he been shown up to be tactically inept, he’s actually now become inept at the one thing he was known for being pretty good at, shrewd business in the transfer windows. At no other club would the manager survive this amount of incompetence.
Mutch. Palace. Permanent. Confirmed. on 15:45 - Jan 29 with 2411 viewsLoft1979

Mutch. Palace. Permanent. Confirmed. on 14:06 - Jan 29 by daveB

I'd use the money to go and hijack Swansea's move for Jack Cork

YES!!!!!
Mutch. Palace. Permanent. Confirmed. on 15:48 - Jan 29 with 2380 viewsdaveB

Mutch. Palace. Permanent. Confirmed. on 15:42 - Jan 29 by Rangersw12

Maybe the fans should be asking why it didn't work for Hughes & Mutch with us eh ?

Didn't work out with Hughes as he did a poor job
Mutch. Palace. Permanent. Confirmed. on 15:49 - Jan 29 with 2367 viewsBasingstokeR

Mutch. Palace. Permanent. Confirmed. on 15:05 - Jan 29 by daveB

Others have said it better than me but he was signed as someone to break forward from midfield when playing 3-5-2 and we then scrapped that so he was a bit in limbo, he then got injured and everytime he's played since either in a 4-4-2 or a 4-2-3-1 he has looked woeful.

"Woeful"? So you'd've given him straight 1 or 2/10 ratings in all 10 odd appearances?

And in the games that Mutch did play this season - do you think the rest of the team bar maybe Charlie Austin and a select few others played well or any better?
Mutch. Palace. Permanent. Confirmed. on 15:49 - Jan 29 with 2365 viewswhittocksRs

Mutch. Palace. Permanent. Confirmed. on 14:15 - Jan 29 by robith

[Post edited 29 Jan 2015 14:18]

This so fcking perfectly sums up the management of Queens Park Rangers at the moment.
Mutch. Palace. Permanent. Confirmed. on 15:54 - Jan 29 with 2344 viewsdaveB

Mutch. Palace. Permanent. Confirmed. on 15:49 - Jan 29 by BasingstokeR

"Woeful"? So you'd've given him straight 1 or 2/10 ratings in all 10 odd appearances?

And in the games that Mutch did play this season - do you think the rest of the team bar maybe Charlie Austin and a select few others played well or any better?

I think his best performance has been no more than a 5/10, every other player in his position has played better than Mutch this season, for me he has been poor to woeful in every game he's played for us. I still wouldn't have sold him as I think he'll get better but would be ridiculous to pretend he's played well for us.
Login to get fewer ads

Mutch. Palace. Permanent. Confirmed. on 15:54 - Jan 29 with 2343 viewsLoft1979

Mutch. Palace. Permanent. Confirmed. on 15:38 - Jan 29 by Gloucs_R

Move Fer into the centre and bring in a left winger.

My opinion:
We signed/resigned a BUNCH of midfielders with nowhere to put them. Mutch was like 7th on the depth chart. He was literally abused on this forum for being a poor tackler, unfit and not being able to pass. I hope we use the oppurtunity to find a better fit.
-we have 18 games left, a target of 18 points. hardly insurmountable.

I also love the suggestion of Jack Cork. But more I hope we have strikers in mind.
Mutch. Palace. Permanent. Confirmed. on 15:56 - Jan 29 with 2327 viewskropotkin41

I'll give it a month before Mutch appears in the Premier League team of the week.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Mutch. Palace. Permanent. Confirmed. on 16:06 - Jan 29 with 2290 viewsBasingstokeR

Ouch - that "environment" line from Pardew...

below the belt, but completely true.
Mutch. Palace. Permanent. Confirmed. on 16:14 - Jan 29 with 2250 viewsjohncharles

Mutch. Palace. Permanent. Confirmed. on 15:18 - Jan 29 by BostonR

Answer my question. Is Mutch a better premier player over the last 2/3 seasons than Barton?

You answer the question "Why did we buy him then ? "

Strong and stable my arse.

Mutch. Palace. Permanent. Confirmed. on 16:14 - Jan 29 with 2252 viewsCamberleyR

Mutch. Palace. Permanent. Confirmed. on 15:48 - Jan 29 by daveB

Didn't work out with Hughes as he did a poor job

Yes, but you have to ask why are we really the only blot on his copy book (much as it pains me to say 'cos I don't like and never have liked the bloke. Also I wouldn't count Man C as he was given a job far too big for him). Why do managers fail and a large number of players who come with decent reputations fail here?

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Mutch. Palace. Permanent. Confirmed. on 16:17 - Jan 29 with 2232 viewsbaz_qpr

I just dont see what Mutch brought to the party, not a defensive midfielder, or a playmaker, or a tip of a diamond or a 10, he reminded me very much of Rowan Vine half decent footballer, one paced and championship level. In all honesty I think we've done well to shift him on, no doubt he has gained another big pay day what with a pay off and signing on fees.

Very lucrative for some players to keep moving clubs
Mutch. Palace. Permanent. Confirmed. on 16:18 - Jan 29 with 2227 viewsDANRANGER

Mutch. Palace. Permanent. Confirmed. on 15:18 - Jan 29 by BostonR

Answer my question. Is Mutch a better premier player over the last 2/3 seasons than Barton?

I'm not sure it matters who has been better in the last 2/3 seasons more who is a better option for us in the next 2/3 seasons and the answer would be have been Mutch. I don't necessarily dislike Barton but I'll be happy when he's gone. For the role he plays he doesn't do enough. Henry sits and tidies up and keeps possession and Barton doesn't really offer much more than a bit of energy and the odd decent corner or free kick.

It's still an area of the pitch we haven't sorted out and it is key to how we should play. If everyone is fit then Sandro and Henry for me but clearly that won't happen so if M'Vila comes in, its in place of Barton for me.
Mutch. Palace. Permanent. Confirmed. on 16:26 - Jan 29 with 2196 viewsdaveB

Mutch. Palace. Permanent. Confirmed. on 16:14 - Jan 29 by CamberleyR

Yes, but you have to ask why are we really the only blot on his copy book (much as it pains me to say 'cos I don't like and never have liked the bloke. Also I wouldn't count Man C as he was given a job far too big for him). Why do managers fail and a large number of players who come with decent reputations fail here?

We don't manage our managers. Hughes was kept under tight control at Fulham, Blackburn and Stoke, all of them were established prem sides when he came in so he continued the work already done and looks good.

With us he had freedom to do as he pleased, sign who he wanted and if they didn't work sign someone else and he made a pigs ear of it. he also had to start with us from scratch and build from next to nothing, not an easy job and one he couldn't do.

That fault of the club not managing our managers has continued with Redknapp who has always been good when kept under control at other clubs.
[Post edited 29 Jan 2015 16:28]
Mutch. Palace. Permanent. Confirmed. on 16:27 - Jan 29 with 2195 viewsdaveB

We don't manage our managers. Hughes was kept under tight control at Fulham, Blackburn and Stoke, all of them were established prem sides when he came in so he continued the work already done and looks good.

With us he had freedom to do as he pleased, sign who he wanted and if they didn't work sign someone else and he made a pigs ear of it. he also had to start with us from scratch and build from next to nothing, not an easy job and one he couldn't do.

That fault of the club not managing our managers has continued with Redknapp who has always been good when kept under control at other clubs.
Mutch. Palace. Permanent. Confirmed. on 16:31 - Jan 29 with 2178 viewswhittocksRs

There's clearly something very toxic behind the scenes at QPR.

Hughes fails miserably with us but succeeds in similar circumstances at Blackburn and Fulham. He also performs well with a more settled PL team after us. Redknapp bumbles around playing games with the board and media every week, but he's a sympton rather than a cause.

Mbia and Samba come to us with excellent reputations and last months before moving on. Mbia is now proving an excellent player in Spain. Puncheon can't wait to get out weeks after joining and is now a key player at Palace, which I'm sure Mutch will also prove to be.

Hoilett, Philips and Mutch all join on the backs of excellent seasons and fail dismally. Even internationals such as Caulker, Vargas, Fer and Isla come to us and find it very tough going.

We claim we're building a training ground. We are not, and the project is slowly descaled. Chances are the only major difference between Harlington and Warren Farm will be Fernandes owns the latter. Ditto the academy. Youth has no chance at QPR at the moment, meaning talent such as Laurent moves down the road to Brentford. Maybe Ferdinand and Ramsey can have some affect here, but I'm skeptical.

We claim we'll build a new ground after Boris suggests he likes the idea. He won't be mayor when this particular decision is made, so the opinion of him and his mates is irrelevant. Instead, a QPR-supporting business owner makes his own plans and we're at gridlock. QPR play the PR game and claim everything is going their way. No hard evidence for that.

I don't know what the answer is, but the cause is Fernandes and his mob. It'd be nice to go back to being 1992/93 QPR but that's not going to happen now, is it? We'll be existing day-to-day for years thanks to our debts and mismanagement.
[Post edited 29 Jan 2015 16:34]
Mutch. Palace. Permanent. Confirmed. on 16:40 - Jan 29 with 2128 viewsstevec

A masterstroke.

Why sign players in when you can sabotage the opposition? Palace been on a good run but when Mutch spreads his own brand of lethargy they'll be back in that bottom 3.

Just needs Hoilett to Hull and Traore to Leicester and Harry's work is done.
Mutch. Palace. Permanent. Confirmed. on 16:50 - Jan 29 with 2079 viewsWeaverQPR

Looked poor in the games he played, would he of got better given a run who knows. Not really fussed. Lets see what Harry Redknapp Day brings.

@WeavQPR

Mutch. Palace. Permanent. Confirmed. on 16:55 - Jan 29 with 2069 viewsspencer

Mutch. Palace. Permanent. Confirmed. on 16:40 - Jan 29 by stevec

A masterstroke.

Why sign players in when you can sabotage the opposition? Palace been on a good run but when Mutch spreads his own brand of lethargy they'll be back in that bottom 3.

Just needs Hoilett to Hull and Traore to Leicester and Harry's work is done.

Exactly - we should have let them have Puncheon and Delaney...both were shi.t for us and would never ever perform for another premiership club. Championship players at best.

I thought Mutch was a good signing for us....but wasn't at Burnley...but from what I have seen this season, he has been not the player I thought he would be.

I also don't think Fer is a left winger, and I think Vargas looks better playing of front player....but what the f..k do we know...Thought Paul Furlong was crap...Les couldn't head the ball etc etc.

It's a gamble on some " promising" lower league - championship ex Premiership plates from related teams etc. Injuries , played out of position etc hasn't helped.

If you have told me that Henry would have outplayed Mutch this season I would have laughed all the way to the bank.

This has then hallmarks of him becoming a great success at Selhurst Park - but for some reason, it didn't work out for us.

Hopefully, we have a replacement in the wings....but I fear an old crock will turn up at 22.59 hrs 31/1/2015
Mutch. Palace. Permanent. Confirmed. on 16:59 - Jan 29 with 2060 viewsCiderwithRsie

F*ckity f*ckity f*ck.

Confirmation that Redknapp is right up there in the 10 worst managers of our club
Mutch. Palace. Permanent. Confirmed. on 17:04 - Jan 29 with 2046 views1BobbyHazell

Mutch. Palace. Permanent. Confirmed. on 14:06 - Jan 29 by daveB

I'd use the money to go and hijack Swansea's move for Jack Cork

Oh Dave! The only way we could persuade Jack Cork to choose us over Swansea is if we actually hijacked him...balaclavas, sorn offs, the f**k**g lot.

Now that we are (apparently) not handing out silly money any more there is NO WAY a decent young footballer coming from a wonderfully well run club with a strong coaching ethos and distinctive and modern playing style would want to come to us instead of another wonderfully well run club with a strong coaching ..........you get the idea.

And as for those of you writing off a young player who started 6 ( six ffs) games whilst trying to deal with an injury and playing in a team that constantly changes formation and personnel with players being played out of position and a management/coaching team that can best be described as 'not quite up to date with the modern game' (or, if we're foregoing politeness, f**king clueless), well, you have a special place in my loathing of what's wrong with football these days.
Mutch. Palace. Permanent. Confirmed. on 17:16 - Jan 29 with 2008 viewsFDC

Mutch. Palace. Permanent. Confirmed. on 17:04 - Jan 29 by 1BobbyHazell

Oh Dave! The only way we could persuade Jack Cork to choose us over Swansea is if we actually hijacked him...balaclavas, sorn offs, the f**k**g lot.

Now that we are (apparently) not handing out silly money any more there is NO WAY a decent young footballer coming from a wonderfully well run club with a strong coaching ethos and distinctive and modern playing style would want to come to us instead of another wonderfully well run club with a strong coaching ..........you get the idea.

And as for those of you writing off a young player who started 6 ( six ffs) games whilst trying to deal with an injury and playing in a team that constantly changes formation and personnel with players being played out of position and a management/coaching team that can best be described as 'not quite up to date with the modern game' (or, if we're foregoing politeness, f**king clueless), well, you have a special place in my loathing of what's wrong with football these days.

I just logged in to like this post.
Mutch. Palace. Permanent. Confirmed. on 17:18 - Jan 29 with 1999 viewsjoolsyp

Mutch. Palace. Permanent. Confirmed. on 15:54 - Jan 29 by daveB

I think his best performance has been no more than a 5/10, every other player in his position has played better than Mutch this season, for me he has been poor to woeful in every game he's played for us. I still wouldn't have sold him as I think he'll get better but would be ridiculous to pretend he's played well for us.

Spot on Dave. I really liked the look of him for Cardiff last year and was really excited when he joined. But he's been terrible for us in the games I've seen (Hull excepted). If we bring in someone like Gestede, Rhodes or Deeney then this could be a good bit of business even if in an ideal world I'd like to have kept him and have a different coaching team develop him. It worries me who, if anyone, we'll bring in with the 5m however.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024