Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Give Ramsey the job 15:31 - Apr 12 with 26623 viewsGetMeRangers

After todays performance he deserves it
Give Ramsey the job on 20:04 - Apr 12 with 1847 viewsCamberleyR

Give Ramsey the job on 15:49 - Apr 12 by Nov77

We've just lost 6 home games in a row, hardly doing 'bloody well'. No manager in our history has done that before.

We've lost six on the bounce at home but the first one was Redkunt's last home game.
[Post edited 12 Apr 2015 20:06]

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Give Ramsey the job on 20:07 - Apr 12 with 1830 viewsTHEBUSH

I don't know if CR should be given the managers job, but i think he's done well so far, with no luck what-so-ever.

Obviously we're all gonna have to wait and see what happens and if he did manage to keep us up, he should probably be given the job.
Give Ramsey the job on 20:09 - Apr 12 with 1814 viewsRangersw12

Give Ramsey the job on 20:03 - Apr 12 by RangersAreBack

Only on this message board can we witness fans who expected nothing from the last 10 games yet still believe we can go to Man City and get a result. Utter madness.

If Ramsey keeps us up he deserves a shot. If he doesn't his record does not warrant the job.

As for Holloway, he was and is an average manager. Just ask Millwall fans.
[Post edited 12 Apr 2015 20:07]

What are you on about ??

You were whinging about our home form yet out of those 6 home defeats (bar Everton) all have gone to form and against teams in the top 6
Give Ramsey the job on 20:09 - Apr 12 with 1800 viewsSpiritofGregory

Give Ramsey the job on 20:07 - Apr 12 by THEBUSH

I don't know if CR should be given the managers job, but i think he's done well so far, with no luck what-so-ever.

Obviously we're all gonna have to wait and see what happens and if he did manage to keep us up, he should probably be given the job.

If he keeps us up then yes he should have the job but if we go down he should return to his coaching job.
Give Ramsey the job on 20:18 - Apr 12 with 1769 viewsHunterhoop

I'd given Ramsey the job for next year as a minimum.

Lots of reasons for that view. But I can't be arsed to run through them now. Ultimately, it comes back to input over output. In the long run we'll be successful under him.

Oh, PP, you're being a tad out of order there, mate. The OP is entitled to his opinion.
[Post edited 12 Apr 2015 20:20]
Give Ramsey the job on 20:24 - Apr 12 with 1735 viewsPunteR

Give Ramsey the job on 17:44 - Apr 12 by SpiritofGregory

Unbelievable isn't it, the guy has lost 70% of the matches he has managed and fans are falling over themselves to offer him a contract. Only at QPR.

When you say 70% of games do you actually mean he's managed 8 games.
8 GAMES!!
Sorry but i was proud of that performance today .
He's getting the best out of our team.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Give Ramsey the job on 20:29 - Apr 12 with 1716 viewsSpiritofGregory

Give Ramsey the job on 20:24 - Apr 12 by PunteR

8 GAMES!!

10 games.
Give Ramsey the job on 20:34 - Apr 12 with 1711 viewsbosh67

Give Ramsey the job on 16:24 - Apr 12 by SpiritofGregory

I get the feeling that some think that It will be a case of giving him the job, regrouping and going for it. Be prepared for a summer of media stories regarding FFP.

FFP will be negotiated to around £25m. We'll be able to cope with that if we go down. We won't drop out the football league or anything.

Out of interest you seem determined to see Ramsey removed so who do you think should come in?

Is Warburton the answer? Financially he may be given his background.

Personally I can't really see what your beef is with Ramsey but it is relentless. He has little experience at this level but he hasn't disgraced himself. Quite the opposite.

The last few minutes of games are costing us dear but then again the guy has had what is realistically half a decent squad to work with. Yes the team are not really quite good enough but that isn't down to Ramsey. With the exception of Palace they have been in every game. They are generally better than they were under Redknapp, under whom they were very very poor. Redknapp takes no responsibility but his bonus game policy at this level was suicidal and we wonder why Ramsey turned out to be the only option, because no one else looking at was left of the squad after the window was prepared to step in.

If we stay up then it will be a miracle but there has to be a revolution at this club to make it more sustainable. If we go down, then we will pay a FPP fine but we will live with it (If Sterling gets sold that almost takes care of that issue) and my personal feeling is that okay, we may be in the Championship for a while, but with someone like Ramsey on board and for once some clever scouting and trading, we may just get a decent team together next season that is attacking and sustainable.

Not having a go at you, we have to stick together, but kicking Ramsey in the teeth each time isn't the issue here. The fact that we are still in this with a slim chance is actually down to his coaching.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Login to get fewer ads

Give Ramsey the job on 20:35 - Apr 12 with 1708 viewsGetMeRangers

8 GAMES!!

Actually 10 games but he has been ravaged by injuries, with a dispirited team and amongst those 10 games has played 4 of the top seven and the team came very close in those games... esp Spurs game where we were denied by a ref who should have gone to Specsavers.

The team are playing with belief that they can win and putting in many great performances.

He has introduced youngsters who have put in credible performances when the previous incumbent felt there was no room for them.

He has all the feel of having QPRs interests close to heart and I genuinely believe he should be given the opportunity to build this clubs future in a way that many of us wish it should be.

It has little to do with us going down or staying up, having inherited a rather poisoned chalice. The performances (and I dont mean results) give me great hope of CR having a bright future for our club
Give Ramsey the job on 20:38 - Apr 12 with 1698 viewscarlh5266

Give Ramsey the job on 17:23 - Apr 12 by WestonsuperR

I found the substitutions of Niko and Hoilett offensive two the worst performing players in the squad. As usual Hoilett did nothing, surely must be other options.

And Richard Dunne in the 92nd minute, maybe to run the clock down?
Give Ramsey the job on 20:39 - Apr 12 with 1694 viewsRangersAreBack

8 GAMES!!

Clearly not getting the best out of the team because he's managed 10 games, losing 7. There have been some good performances in patches but also some poor ones. Palace away was shambolic and 1st half against Villa was poor.
Give Ramsey the job on 20:43 - Apr 12 with 1682 viewsterryb

I like Chris Ramsey.

I don't know whether he would be the right manager for us next season though. That depends on what the board determines as a long term strategy.

Yes, I know we normally only plan six weeks in advance, but come the summer that has to change.

When Harry's knees "collasped" on him, I stated that I wanted the club to take their time in naming a permament replacment & look at all candidates properly before making their choice. I still think this to be the best option.

However, whether CR is with us next season or not, he has given us back some pride & shown an integrity that has been missing for at least a decade. Whatever happens, thank you Chris for that.
Give Ramsey the job on 20:44 - Apr 12 with 1681 viewsnightwish

No way would I give Ramsey the job
Give Ramsey the job on 20:44 - Apr 12 with 1678 viewsRangersw12

Give Ramsey the job on 20:39 - Apr 12 by RangersAreBack

Clearly not getting the best out of the team because he's managed 10 games, losing 7. There have been some good performances in patches but also some poor ones. Palace away was shambolic and 1st half against Villa was poor.

Who do you think would of done a better job with resources he has to play with ?
Give Ramsey the job on 20:50 - Apr 12 with 1659 viewsPunteR

Give Ramsey the job on 20:29 - Apr 12 by SpiritofGregory

10 games.

10 games then. Out of how many a season? 38?
So he's been given about a quarter of the season(25% in sog terms),no transfer budget, and inherited someone else's team.
And you judge him on that?
Ive had my concerns and felt he was out of his depth on occasions but that performance today and the last 2 games has got me on his side. He may not be our manager next season but i hope he's still at our club,unlike cretins like you who only crawl out after a loss picking out easy targets to spew up negative opinions on our club.
Just to add SOG(Rangersareback?)youve been calling our team weak minded for the last couple of weeks. Despite the result,i didnt see that today.
[Post edited 13 Apr 2015 2:36]

Give Ramsey the job on 21:00 - Apr 12 with 1643 viewskropotkin41

I want Ramsey to get the job. Seen enough. Seen the guy take over a sinking ship from a charlatan who left us right in the lurch. Seen the team take disappointment and defeat and get back up and fight on. Seen them go toe-to-toe with Chelsea's All-Stars and our bloody injury list is devastating.

Who would have done a better job and who is a better more realistic candidate? Chris Ramsey is ALREADY is very widely respected coach who has enjoyed success and HE WANTS the job.

I hope he stays and gets the chance he deserves. I'm fairly sure that long term thinking for once would pay off for us.
[Post edited 12 Apr 2015 21:10]

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Give Ramsey the job on 21:11 - Apr 12 with 1609 viewsPunteR

Give Ramsey the job on 20:39 - Apr 12 by RangersAreBack

Clearly has. Did you watch the game? Do you want Redknapp back then?

Give Ramsey the job on 21:15 - Apr 12 with 1607 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

The other option to to find someone else, which means dragging the club through another shitstorm and media hype and 10,000 further posts on here about Warburton, Pulis, Sherwood, or whoever the latest darling is. We are going to churn up someone's career, might as well make it his seeing as he's already in.

Stability please.
Give Ramsey the job on 21:21 - Apr 12 with 1586 viewsPunteR

Give Ramsey the job on 21:15 - Apr 12 by BazzaInTheLoft

The other option to to find someone else, which means dragging the club through another shitstorm and media hype and 10,000 further posts on here about Warburton, Pulis, Sherwood, or whoever the latest darling is. We are going to churn up someone's career, might as well make it his seeing as he's already in.

Stability please.

I'm still not getting the Warburton thing. No way could he do any better then Ramsey . What is it based on.?

Give Ramsey the job on 21:31 - Apr 12 with 1575 viewskropotkin41

Give Ramsey the job on 21:15 - Apr 12 by BazzaInTheLoft

Stability please.

+1

Let's just keep someone who is clearly a talented coach and a man of integrity shall we? See where sticking with someone decent gets us.

Give Ramsey the job on 21:35 - Apr 12 with 1567 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Give Ramsey the job on 21:21 - Apr 12 by PunteR

I'm still not getting the Warburton thing. No way could he do any better then Ramsey . What is it based on.?

Zackley.

A couple of decent seasons doesn't a Guardiola make.
[Post edited 12 Apr 2015 21:49]
Give Ramsey the job on 21:38 - Apr 12 with 1561 viewsGloucs_R

I think it depends on the players we bring in. That depends on our budget. Championship players aren't cheap so God knows what we are going to do next year. I dont see too much difference between Warburton and Ramsey. Both coaches, both inexperienced and both would give youth a chance.

Les is going to be the most important person this club has this summer.
[Post edited 12 Apr 2015 21:59]

Poll: Are we staying up?

Give Ramsey the job on 21:46 - Apr 12 with 1547 viewsrsonist

If the plumber has a noble but unsuccessful effort at fixing your blocked bog you don't hire him to do your rewiring after.
Give Ramsey the job on 21:51 - Apr 12 with 1529 viewskropotkin41

Give Ramsey the job on 21:46 - Apr 12 by rsonist

If the plumber has a noble but unsuccessful effort at fixing your blocked bog you don't hire him to do your rewiring after.

You hire a plumber when the toilet's been blocked for four years and he might expect you to show a little grace and have a little patience in the face of his frankly amazing efforts to save you from having sh*t overflowing all over your house.

Give Ramsey the job on 21:52 - Apr 12 with 1523 viewsHunterhoop

Give Ramsey the job on 21:46 - Apr 12 by rsonist

But we're not talking about a plumber. We're talking about a manager.

If a manager/leader, in any business, says and does the right thing, and gets improved performances from his troops, but doesn't quite get the results in the short term, YOU DO give him more time. Unless you're a bit short sighted. Input over output. He's doing the right things, improving the team, not complaining, creating a culture of accountability....in short behaving like a manager and leader.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024