Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
2015/16 Kits 21:17 - May 15 with 19206 viewsGloucs_R

Just seen the new Spurs kit then found a load more that have been released already for next year. So here they are...(what is with the sash this year?!)

Are Chelsea the New Glasgow Rangers?

How can Celtic have green and green?

Poll: Are we staying up?

2015/16 Kits on 13:15 - Jun 30 with 2263 viewsWeaverQPR

I like it when teams play in the new kit on the last day of the season

@WeavQPR

2015/16 Kits on 13:49 - Jun 30 with 2215 viewsdaveB

2015/16 Kits on 13:13 - Jun 30 by Mvpeter

It's almost like nobody remembers playing in the previous seasons kit with tape over the sponsors, sorry but to me this looks like 'Hey everyone we're only a bit late this year and it might actually look like a QPR kit!'

Wigan released their kit at their stadium like a normal club.

How is that a live streamed event at google+ HQ? Trying to be innovative when we can't get the basics right.

Like the Asian tours (I know the Korean one was cancelled) and the signings of the last several years this is trying to act bigger than we are and trying to run before we can walk. I thought the theme of the summer was being humble, going back to our roots and letting our football do the talking.
[Post edited 30 Jun 2015 13:20]

Wasn't that when Flavio was trying to sell the club so we didn't have a sponsor and wore the previous years kit? Last 2 years the kits have been out a month before the season, We had a kit launch last year as well just after the playoff final. I imagine it's something Nike do with all their clubs. I genuinely don't understand what they are doing wrong. It's only on Google so that fans can see it. It's nothing to do with acting big, the majority of clubs do this nowadays.
2015/16 Kits on 14:14 - Jun 30 with 2174 viewsGetMeRangers

2015/16 Kits on 13:15 - Jun 30 by WeaverQPR

I like it when teams play in the new kit on the last day of the season

Does help if you know which league you will be playing in next season too
2015/16 Kits on 14:14 - Jun 30 with 2174 viewsGloucs_R

2015/16 Kits on 13:00 - Jun 30 by Mvpeter

Who are these loads?

None of the Premier League and a handful of championship sides?

Any of them having a grand kit launch to celebrate the late release?

Ok then.

Don't let facts get in the way of a good story indeed.

Fulham, Reading, Brentford....cant be arsed naming the others

2015/16 Kits on 15:10 - Jun 30 with 2127 viewsMvpeter

2015/16 Kits on 13:49 - Jun 30 by daveB

Wasn't that when Flavio was trying to sell the club so we didn't have a sponsor and wore the previous years kit? Last 2 years the kits have been out a month before the season, We had a kit launch last year as well just after the playoff final. I imagine it's something Nike do with all their clubs. I genuinely don't understand what they are doing wrong. It's only on Google so that fans can see it. It's nothing to do with acting big, the majority of clubs do this nowadays.

I believe that was during Tony's second season as well due to selling his stake in Malaysian Airlines.

Why does it matter how far away the season is? It's the start of the preseason that it needs to be ready for and leaving it to the last minute has bitten us in the bum twice in the last 5 years.

I'm not opposed to releasing it today, it didn't need to be any earlier than this. What I'm opposed to is finally at the fourth attempt they've both released it before it needed to be used and (hopefully) it looks like it should rather than just getting our heads down and getting on with it we have to grandly brag with this ultra modern marketing release. We've seen this bragging over routine things before such as 'We now have a list of players to target'

Can you imagine if the kit is as bad as some of the things they've put out after teasing and promoting to this degree? People won't be pleased.

'I imagine it's something Nike do with all their clubs.' Exactly. What the hell does Google+ have to do with anything? It's only on Google because it's at Google's HQ. This is not a Nike event. That would make sense. I can see no other clubs like us behaving in this way which is (hopefully was) a constant theme with the clubs actions that have directly led to our downfall. This is that exact same ideology, and that's where I take issue, where we think we'll do things our way despite not even understanding the basic way.

This sort of thing is fine for clubs that are successful and well run, not those accused of being a circus for four years and promising to humbly change our ways. Get the kit right first and then do this.

Just stop the constant spin and do the business at least for one year.

Poll: Who should be our left back?

2015/16 Kits on 15:14 - Jun 30 with 2124 viewsGloucs_R

WTF?

2015/16 Kits on 15:16 - Jun 30 with 2121 viewsdaveB

I agree kit launches in this way are crazy but it's not as if we are the only ones doing it, seems like it is standard now for most clubs in the top 2 divisions, as i say even Wigan in league one did it last week. A few fans invited along to meet the players and stream it on the internet is no big deal. It seems an odd thing to get worked up about
2015/16 Kits on 15:24 - Jun 30 with 2094 viewsGetMeRangers

2015/16 Kits on 15:16 - Jun 30 by daveB

I agree kit launches in this way are crazy but it's not as if we are the only ones doing it, seems like it is standard now for most clubs in the top 2 divisions, as i say even Wigan in league one did it last week. A few fans invited along to meet the players and stream it on the internet is no big deal. It seems an odd thing to get worked up about

Personally I am looking forward to this, especially given the strip it is replacing. I am not alone... though he is 20 years my junior...

Login to get fewer ads

2015/16 Kits on 15:25 - Jun 30 with 2095 viewsMvpeter

2015/16 Kits on 15:16 - Jun 30 by daveB

That's just it mate, it's not that.

Everyone else goes somewhere there kit sponsor says and poses for a few photos and basically fulfill their contractual obligations for a bag of cash.

We've gone to Google, not Nike, Google.

I think the reason this annoys me, and I recognise it's fairly minor, is that it reminds me very much of this interview with David McIntyre.

'Fernandes’ factually-ropey narrative of the last few years is that he was taken for a ride by certain people, mainly agents, and that he has learned lessons. But with a director of football with no experience of the area of the transfer market that Rangers will need to deal in, doesn’t that mean they are again at risk of being steered by agents?

No, Fernandes insists. When I asked him about this potential issue some time ago, he gleefully pointed out that the club has a list of players in the Championship and League One they might pursue.

Herein lies the major problem. The chairman doesn’t understand football and is far too easily swayed by things he finds impressive. Everyone at all levels of the game has a long list of players. Everyone. It means nothing.'

Replace 'long list of players' with 'kit that people want' and you might see my point.

2015/16 Kits on 15:28 - Jun 30 with 2083 viewsGloucs_R

Arent we just doing it at google because they own You Tube and their building is pretty funky?

2015/16 Kits on 15:30 - Jun 30 with 2078 viewsdaveB

How do you know Nike haven't asked them to go to google? it's only a kit launch
2015/16 Kits on 15:32 - Jun 30 with 2070 viewsGloucs_R

2015/16 Kits on 15:30 - Jun 30 by daveB

2015/16 Kits on 15:48 - Jun 30 with 2033 viewsMvpeter

2015/16 Kits on 15:30 - Jun 30 by daveB

Tbf I don't but that makes no marketing sense. You'd have the event at somewhere featuring your own branding wouldn't you?

That's what everyone else seems to be doing. It's what we did last year.

2015/16 Kits on 16:03 - Jun 30 with 1977 viewsdaveB

I'm sure it will have loads of Nike branding. We probably have a partnership with google as well as we seem to do these google hang out things with players and fans a lot
2015/16 Kits on 16:25 - Jun 30 with 1921 viewsAntti_Heinola

2015/16 Kits on 15:25 - Jun 30 by Mvpeter

That's just it mate, it's not that.

Everyone else goes somewhere there kit sponsor says and poses for a few photos and basically fulfill their contractual obligations for a bag of cash.

We've gone to Google, not Nike, Google.

I think the reason this annoys me, and I recognise it's fairly minor, is that it reminds me very much of this interview with David McIntyre.

'Fernandes’ factually-ropey narrative of the last few years is that he was taken for a ride by certain people, mainly agents, and that he has learned lessons. But with a director of football with no experience of the area of the transfer market that Rangers will need to deal in, doesn’t that mean they are again at risk of being steered by agents?

No, Fernandes insists. When I asked him about this potential issue some time ago, he gleefully pointed out that the club has a list of players in the Championship and League One they might pursue.

Herein lies the major problem. The chairman doesn’t understand football and is far too easily swayed by things he finds impressive. Everyone at all levels of the game has a long list of players. Everyone. It means nothing.'

Replace 'long list of players' with 'kit that people want' and you might see my point.

Don't you get bored of being so upset about everything all the time? It's just a kit launch, get over it. If anything, I wish they'd gone bigger because your outrage is just so funny.

Just to answer your question about the DoF - they brought in Lee Hoos to help with that didn't they?

Bare bones.

2015/16 Kits on 16:26 - Jun 30 with 1917 viewshopphoops

all these kits are preparing me for another let-down. most of them are gash. and what's with company names these days? most of these are just noises (veho wtf?) or bad ideas (just eat, visit malaysia, invest in africa) and Swansea and Arsenal away are obviously printer fùck ups.

not like i'm showing my age or anything... i like Celtic's though, proper sponsor too.
[Post edited 30 Jun 2015 16:30]

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

2015/16 Kits on 16:34 - Jun 30 with 1888 viewshopphoops

2015/16 Kits on 16:26 - Jun 30 by hopphoops

all these kits are preparing me for another let-down. most of them are gash. and what's with company names these days? most of these are just noises (veho wtf?) or bad ideas (just eat, visit malaysia, invest in africa) and Swansea and Arsenal away are obviously printer fùck ups.

not like i'm showing my age or anything... i like Celtic's though, proper sponsor too.
[Post edited 30 Jun 2015 16:30]

i rest my case...

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.

2015/16 Kits on 16:53 - Jun 30 with 1841 viewsGloucs_R

2015/16 Kits on 16:34 - Jun 30 by hopphoops

i rest my case...

Would have been a great sponsor for Brighton.

2015/16 Kits on 17:00 - Jun 30 with 1817 viewshopphoops

2015/16 Kits on 16:53 - Jun 30 by Gloucs_R

Would have been a great sponsor for Brighton.

marginally off topic, the woman on the left has a disturbingly massive erection
[Post edited 30 Jun 2015 17:01]

2015/16 Kits on 17:03 - Jun 30 with 1805 viewsMvpeter

2015/16 Kits on 16:25 - Jun 30 by Antti_Heinola

Don't you get bored of being so upset about everything all the time? It's just a kit launch, get over it. If anything, I wish they'd gone bigger because your outrage is just so funny.

Just to answer your question about the DoF - they brought in Lee Hoos to help with that didn't they?

''Fernandes’ factually-ropey narrative of the last few years is that he was taken for a ride by certain people, mainly agents, and that he has learned lessons. But with a director of football with no experience of the area of the transfer market that Rangers will need to deal in, doesn’t that mean they are again at risk of being steered by agents?

No, Fernandes insists. When I asked him about this potential issue some time ago, he gleefully pointed out that the club has a list of players in the Championship and League One they might pursue. '

The part above is a quote from an article FYI so it wasn't my question and I'm not concerned about that.

Does any of my post appear upset or outraged? Or is it a perfectly rationally presented argument that in this instance is critical?

Don't you get annoyed watching continual failure? This is the same ideology that has led to that IMO.

Put it this way, does this launch seem more in line with Tony's failed twittering global tour big names ideology or Les' back to basics hard work and substance over flash philosophy? Which do you want to win?
[Post edited 30 Jun 2015 17:12]

2015/16 Kits on 17:07 - Jun 30 with 1792 viewsGloucs_R

2015/16 Kits on 17:03 - Jun 30 by Mvpeter

''Fernandes’ factually-ropey narrative of the last few years is that he was taken for a ride by certain people, mainly agents, and that he has learned lessons. But with a director of football with no experience of the area of the transfer market that Rangers will need to deal in, doesn’t that mean they are again at risk of being steered by agents?

No, Fernandes insists. When I asked him about this potential issue some time ago, he gleefully pointed out that the club has a list of players in the Championship and League One they might pursue. '

The part above is a quote from an article FYI so it wasn't my question and I'm not concerned about that.

Does any of my post appear upset or outraged? Or is it a perfectly rationally presented argument that in this instance is critical?

Don't you get annoyed watching continual failure? This is the same ideology that has led to that IMO.

Put it this way, does this launch seem more in line with Tony's failed twittering global tour big names ideology or Les' back to basics hard work and substance over flash philosophy? Which do you want to win?
[Post edited 30 Jun 2015 17:12]

Dont you ever get bored Scott?

2015/16 Kits on 17:09 - Jun 30 with 1783 viewsexiled_dictator

2015/16 Kits on 17:00 - Jun 30 by hopphoops

marginally off topic, the woman on the left has a disturbingly massive erection
[Post edited 30 Jun 2015 17:01]

no, i think you'll find that it's the girl on the right's hand.
and why is a man in a women's team, anyway?
can they not see?

It's not what you've got; it's where you stick it.
Poll: Climate Change

2015/16 Kits on 17:18 - Jun 30 with 1751 viewsbosh67

2015/16 Kits on 17:09 - Jun 30 by exiled_dictator

no, i think you'll find that it's the girl on the right's hand.
and why is a man in a women's team, anyway?
can they not see?

Even more disturbingly the numbers look like they have been written by someone attempting numbers for the first time.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

2015/16 Kits on 17:28 - Jun 30 with 1717 viewsNorthernr

Have we decided who we're lynching yet, or have I washed and ironed my lynching gloves for no reason?
2015/16 Kits on 17:49 - Jun 30 with 1664 viewshopphoops

2015/16 Kits on 17:18 - Jun 30 by bosh67

Even more disturbingly the numbers look like they have been written by someone attempting numbers for the first time.

i think the shirts are on upside down.

Also, its the guys in suits with wandering hands.

Curiouser and curiouser. Anyway, off to google hq i go (well youtube anyway), pitchfork at the ready.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024