Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sterling / Austin 13:55 - Jul 8 with 4900 viewsfakekerby

Any idea if the club will change it's strategy regarding Austin, Philips, Fer, if Sterling does leave Liverpool for £35+ million as is looking increasingly likely?

Will we try and hold onto one of these guys if Sterling moves?

Is Austin so desperate to leave that if we were in the top six in January he wouldn't agree to sign a new deal? Risky strategy maybe but we've got to do all we can to keep this guy. Are Newcastle, Bournemouth, West Ham really much better alternatives?
Sterling / Austin on 14:01 - Jul 8 with 4057 viewsdaveB

Any Premier League club is a better alternative for his career and he'll move to one in the next month. Clubs are obviously going to try and get these players on the cheap but will end up paying closer to what we want.
Sterling / Austin on 14:31 - Jul 8 with 3918 viewsadhoc_qpr

Austin will want to stay in the prem to try and keep himself in England reckoning ahead of the Euros.

He's already below Rooney, Sturridge, Kane, Welbeck and even Vardy. Then you have eCarroll and Lambert who might come good with new clubs/managers.

In the Championship, he'll never get picked but move to Chelsea or Spurs and he'll be in every squad!!
Sterling / Austin on 15:23 - Jul 8 with 3779 viewsQPR_John

Sterling / Austin on 14:31 - Jul 8 by adhoc_qpr

Austin will want to stay in the prem to try and keep himself in England reckoning ahead of the Euros.

He's already below Rooney, Sturridge, Kane, Welbeck and even Vardy. Then you have eCarroll and Lambert who might come good with new clubs/managers.

In the Championship, he'll never get picked but move to Chelsea or Spurs and he'll be in every squad!!

I agree he is behind those five so being in the Championship will make little difference to his chances of playing for England unless of course he becomes a bench warmer for one of the top four.
Sterling / Austin on 15:46 - Jul 8 with 3700 viewsBklynRanger

Wasn't Steve Bull playing in the Second Division during most or all of his England caps?

Of course times have changed and that's probably utterly meaningless now.

No point getting our hopes up about Austin. I've found myself wondering how he'd look alongside that big German fella, but the most I should be hoping for is a proper fee and him not going to the scum.
Sterling / Austin on 15:59 - Jul 8 with 3655 viewsLimerickR

Rumours of Austin to Palace. I see Cabaye's on his way there too. Cracking signing.
Could see them lining up something like this:

Austin
Bolasie-Puncheon-Zaha
Ledley/Jedinak-Cabaye

Looks very decent and Pardew has gotten them playing good football. I can see a top 10 finish for them next season, a bit jealous to be honest.
[Post edited 8 Jul 2015 16:01]
Sterling / Austin on 16:13 - Jul 8 with 3597 viewsadhoc_qpr

Sterling / Austin on 15:23 - Jul 8 by QPR_John

I agree he is behind those five so being in the Championship will make little difference to his chances of playing for England unless of course he becomes a bench warmer for one of the top four.

No guarantees Vardy will keep his form though or Kane won't go off the boil, so all it takes is an injury to one of the others (Sturridge or Welbeck most likely).

Agree that Austin bench warming for a big club will guarantee him a spot.
Sterling / Austin on 16:19 - Jul 8 with 3576 viewssimmo

I really think Charlie should go this summer. Don't get me wrong, I love him and in different circumstances I would want him as a QPR player for many a year, but he should be sold. It's the last year we can get any money for him (close to £15m is MASSIVE for a club like QPR) but more than anything else, he's too good for QPR and this league. He did his time, got us promoted and did his best to keep us up. He's proven himself at a higher level and he deserves to stay there - I just hope it's to a club that actually need him, will play him reguarly and to his strengths.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Sterling / Austin on 18:37 - Jul 8 with 3380 viewsDorse

I don't want him to go but I think it's about the right time. We'll never get any more for him than we'd get now and the last time we were in the Championship we lost him to injury at a critical time. We relied too heavily on him over the last couple of years and if we can bring in a couple of new signings instead, it might actually be a good thing. I'd still like him here but if we have to sell, now is the time.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Login to get fewer ads

Sterling / Austin on 18:52 - Jul 8 with 3342 viewsW5R

Sterling / Austin on 18:37 - Jul 8 by Dorse

I don't want him to go but I think it's about the right time. We'll never get any more for him than we'd get now and the last time we were in the Championship we lost him to injury at a critical time. We relied too heavily on him over the last couple of years and if we can bring in a couple of new signings instead, it might actually be a good thing. I'd still like him here but if we have to sell, now is the time.

A player is only worth what someone is willing to pay for him.

Sometimes it's ridiculously cheap, sometimes it's fair, sometimes it's ridiculously expensive.

Currently people, clearly, aren't willing to pay what we think he is worth.

For our sake and his (thinking about his career) it's best he goes asap else he'll go for jack in a few months or risk getting injured and never stepping up.

If anyone is offering 10 mil with some realistic add ons I think we should take it. Longer we leave it the longer we are missing out on spending that money on a replacement. The clock is ticking and we don't want to be left short again.

As clearly, as the squad stands we need at least one more striker, if he goes we need 2. tick tock
[Post edited 8 Jul 2015 18:53]
Sterling / Austin on 19:33 - Jul 8 with 3238 viewsdanehoop

Sterling / Austin on 18:52 - Jul 8 by W5R

Sometimes it's ridiculously cheap, sometimes it's fair, sometimes it's ridiculously expensive.

For our sake and his (thinking about his career) it's best he goes asap else he'll go for jack in a few months or risk getting injured and never stepping up.

If anyone is offering 10 mil with some realistic add ons I think we should take it. Longer we leave it the longer we are missing out on spending that money on a replacement. The clock is ticking and we don't want to be left short again.

As clearly, as the squad stands we need at least one more striker, if he goes we need 2. tick tock

Seriously you felt the need to post that? Thanks for your erudite views.

Pencil Necked Scrote.

Never knowingly understood

Sterling / Austin on 19:40 - Jul 8 with 3234 viewsjohncharles

So, the first bid was £10 mil, £12 mil, now it's £15 million from Newcastle. These are all rumoured figures but then so are yours.
You're saying we should have taken the initial £10 million ?

Strong and stable my arse.

Sterling / Austin on 20:18 - Jul 8 with 3173 viewsGetMeRangers

What Charlie is worth works both ways. as an extreme example, if we could only get 1 million for him, it would clearly be in the club's interest to keep him. The 15 million tag, is not just what we hope to get for him because we believe that is what he is worth to other clubs, but also what we are prepared to 'sacrifice' to keep him for another season.

It is all too easy to say take the cash and get a replacement. Proven goal scorers dont come cheap and even harder to attract to QPR in recent years. I am sure the board, CR and Les are aware of that too

While resigned to losing him, I ma not convinced that he has to go for his own good. If he stays he will get a massive signing on fee next summer with someone and if he continues to score goals and isnt injured, there will be premiership strugglers looking for a striker. He will have value then, albeit not at 15 million
Sterling / Austin on 20:23 - Jul 8 with 3153 viewsbosh67

I am surprised that we aren't suggesting something like £12m for Charlie with £3m adds on for X appearances in the Premiership and £1m if he gains Y full caps for England. Or, at 26, £12m plus 20% of any future transfer on, as with Sterling. Either way we would still get the £15m.

On the other hand we may well see a £15m offer over the next week and then it is up to him.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Sterling / Austin on 20:38 - Jul 8 with 3111 viewsBrazilNutR

I don;t really want him to leave... but I kind of worry that if he stays, he may not live up to expectation, and will not ever have the sell on value.. or worse still pick up an injury and be out for the season and not playing anyway... has QPR written all over that scenario unfortunately
Sterling / Austin on 20:39 - Jul 8 with 3108 viewsW5R

Sterling / Austin on 20:23 - Jul 8 by bosh67

I am surprised that we aren't suggesting something like £12m for Charlie with £3m adds on for X appearances in the Premiership and £1m if he gains Y full caps for England. Or, at 26, £12m plus 20% of any future transfer on, as with Sterling. Either way we would still get the £15m.

On the other hand we may well see a £15m offer over the next week and then it is up to him.

Exactly Bosh, exactly
Sterling / Austin on 20:41 - Jul 8 with 3096 viewsW5R

Sterling / Austin on 19:33 - Jul 8 by danehoop

Seriously you felt the need to post that? Thanks for your erudite views.

Pencil Necked Scrote.

You should research ASD and its triggers as your attitude may not be helping at home.
Sterling / Austin on 22:31 - Jul 8 with 2941 viewsdanehoop

Sterling / Austin on 20:41 - Jul 8 by W5R

You should research ASD and its triggers as your attitude may not be helping at home.

Ah, the Pencil Necked Scrote references ASD. With two sons on the spectrum I know a little bit about it.

There again I also remember one Scott Jones taking the piss out of ambulatory disabled supporters provision at QPR. One of the myriad of reasons that I despise you for the grade A piece of distended dogs womb that you are.

Others may have short memories or little knowledge of your history and abhorrent views Scrote, but some of us don't.

Never knowingly understood

Sterling / Austin on 08:46 - Jul 9 with 2765 viewsW5R

Sterling / Austin on 22:31 - Jul 8 by danehoop

Ah, the Pencil Necked Scrote references ASD. With two sons on the spectrum I know a little bit about it.

There again I also remember one Scott Jones taking the piss out of ambulatory disabled supporters provision at QPR. One of the myriad of reasons that I despise you for the grade A piece of distended dogs womb that you are.

Others may have short memories or little knowledge of your history and abhorrent views Scrote, but some of us don't.

I never took the pish.

Was just when discussions were being had with the club when we had REAL issues. Things came up such as someone who had difficulty walking wanting a free ticket for their "career". The said person was hardly someone who needed any aid with getting around let alone a free ticket for their mate to sit next to them.

These were the same discussions that included water pressure in the ladies loos.

Anyways, back to the OP. The squad is announced later, am presuming that Austin will be off on pre season training?
Sterling / Austin on 10:01 - Jul 9 with 2682 viewsdaveB

I don't think the club should be trying to come to a compromise with anyone so he is sold cheaper, we've seta price either clubs pay it and he goes or they don't pay it and we say to Austin no one trust you but we do and give him a new contract.

Someone will pay it in the end as he's still cheap at that price. All this talk of injuries etc is just coming from clubs trying to save a bit of money
Sterling / Austin on 10:27 - Jul 9 with 2647 viewsW5R

They could be wrong and I've said this before.

Several people I know connected to the club in various ways are saying that people are "worried that he'll get found out". Now, I think that's BS but that is the word in the industry as such. Has been quite some time I suppose since an English striker moving up the ranks/leagues has actually fulfilled the hype around them.

Also, and this is just my thoughts, is it that other clubs think we're a bit shafted financially and what with FFP and all that are just holding out as they think we're desperate? We have gone from throwing money around and anyone and everything and being a cash cow for agents and players to publicly saying over and over that money is tight and all that? Has that honesty backfired somewhat?
Sterling / Austin on 11:27 - Jul 9 with 2597 viewsJonDoeman

Just sell the little cnt & give us our money.

It Is What It Is !!

Sterling / Austin on 11:36 - Jul 9 with 2575 viewsJamie

Sterling / Austin on 22:31 - Jul 8 by danehoop

+1 on his disgraceful comments in the past re: the disabled.

Having been banned several times before, struggle to see why he's now allowed under a different username.
Sterling / Austin on 11:50 - Jul 9 with 2539 viewssimmo

'Several people I know connected to the club in various ways'

I love people who pretend to have knowledge about stuff so that people like them - although it's odd for anybody over the age of 12

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Sterling / Austin on 11:51 - Jul 9 with 2529 viewsMvpeter

We have four of them as it stands. That's usually enough.

I do think he needs to be sold ASAP if he's going though that's always the case.

Poll: Who should be our left back?

Sterling / Austin on 11:52 - Jul 9 with 2514 viewsFDC

Sterling / Austin on 11:50 - Jul 9 by simmo

'Several people I know connected to the club in various ways'

I love people who pretend to have knowledge about stuff so that people like them - although it's odd for anybody over the age of 12

It's like he never went away
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024