Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just what does the new QPR manager think of Raheem Sterling? Presser 09:39 - May 22 with 4906 viewsNorthernr

Prolonged discussion on Liverpool, Sterling, Rodgers, agents, whether Jamie Carragher is a knob, and occasional mentions of QPR from 9.45....

Here comes your new manager. Entering to that music from Rocky. Darmesththshthsh Shethshthshth is the Sky wnker on duty.

So far lots of good feedback, pleased with how people have reacted. Big job ahead, I have the stomach for the fight. Everybody needs to pull together to make sure we consolidate and get back to where we need to be.

Biggest challenge is putting a long term plan in place and the club gets on a steady footing before we start launching an attack to getg back to the Premier League.

I would expect the owners want us back in the Premier League within that tenure (three year contract). There is going to be a period of consolidation, if we end up back in the Premier League in that time then fantastic, but we need to put this club on a stable footing.

We have no fear of the Championship but we have to respect it and make sure we don't slide. The ultimate goal is to be back in the Premier League.

I would urge patience and the fans to realise it's a transitional period and we have to make sure we have a club here on a stable footing, either in the Premier League or pushing to get back into it.

I do love it when a manager feels he has to plead for patience in his first presser in the job.

Charlie, with his work rate and attitude, was destined to get his opportunity with an England squad. I hope he gets on the field and achieves his dream.

Roy has shown he's not adverse to thinking outside the box, he picks players in form. Everybody knows what Charlie can do, playing in the Championship wouldn't prejudice his chances, I'm pleased with what he's achieved.

It will be difficult to hold onto him.

It would be naive of me to say for sure he's going to be here.

He wouldn’t go with my blessing. Everybody has ambitions to fulfill and he’ll consider that when making a decision.

We've got a game left and we don't want that to be a farce (be a nice change). I've been pleased with the way the players attitudes haven't manifested themselves in results.

There's a list that has to be handed in in next ten days. Short close season. Our recruitment drive has to start immediately. If we wait around we won't have a squad for pre-season. In my head there is always a wish list, you look at players and think this may do a job or he may be better off going elsewhere. It's out of your hands sometimes, you have to consider what the contracts are and who's out of contract.

I wouldn't want to tell you before I name the team for Sunday!

You will have people who have bought tickets and are travelling to the game, they're getting up early in the morning to go to the game, you want to make sure you put your best foot forward for those people. I'm sure there will be youth on show on Sunday for both sides, Leicester have achieved a fantastic feat.

Says Garry Monk is the manager of the year. Done it quietly, competed efficiently, played a style of football that's brave, conducts himself well, good club, he's done well. That;'s Sky's wnk off question.

People's champion Wally Downes

Are you going to Barbados now you've got the job? Only in economy.

Getting together with Les and the scouts to decide who's being retained and released in the next few days.

The hard work will continue now, it's important the staff get away and recharge so we can work efficiently, I don't think we'll be having much time off.

Not sure what Joey is doing. He's been fantastic in the time I've been here. Worked hard, good around the place, top professional. Agents will always try and negotiate the best deal for their clients.

With the concussion rules, we'll be leaving Rob out of the game. We have to take every precaution to make sure he's ok.

I don't know what Rob's agents are negotiating with other people, hope he doesn't leave.

Stephen Caulker has been playing with a broken hand, touch and go whether he should be on the pitch, wanted to play when he shouldn't have, shown a lot of bravery and professionalism. People don't see when people are playing with injuries and they get the same criticism as if they were fully fit. Can only play players available to you, Stephen was willing to do a shift. He's been advised to rest it now, he won't be playing.

It's difficult, nobody wants to get relegated, if you watch training, some of the performances bar Man City and 20 mins v Palace, you would never believe we are in that position. It's grated me most and made me most disappointed. Man City can do that to any team. The way the players have conducted themselves, the belief in the room, the way the older pros have galvanized the younger ones have been fantastic.

What's this? It's a woman with a wild and dangerous opinion of her own...

The priority is getting the retained list sorted. Then trying to recruit the right players who want to be here, put the effort in to get us on a stable footing and try to get us back to the Premier League. Try to get staff around the club to work off one page, all going in the same direction. Try to build on what we've tried to build in the last few months here.

We haven't got a wealth of talent. Some players involved in the squad are not ready. They need polishing to be able to be considered for the squad next year. I'm not on a crusade to put youth in the team for my own benefit. Whoever goes on the field has to be worthy of putting the shirt on and carrying out a task for the club. Hoping we can build a pyramid below of players who can come into the squad and be assets for the club.

The players need to respect the shirt and put a shift in. I'm hoping there are going to be some youngsters involved. Play for pride, we don't want to finish bottom. The extra money comes in hgandy if we move up a place and it would be good for the fans.

Realistically I think it will be difficult for Steve v Man Utd but miraculous things happen. Newcastle have a good man in charge who's doing his best. Both managers have worked very hard, if my neck was on the line I think Hull have the harder task.

And now, for the final time (please dear God let it be the final time) pray silence please for Kevin Bondy Bond...

This post has been edited by an administrator
Just what does the new QPR manager think of Raheem Sterling? Presser on 10:03 - May 22 with 3583 viewsGetMeRangers

Given all the appointments this week, how refreshing it would be to hear those discussed
Just what does the new QPR manager think of Raheem Sterling? Presser on 10:09 - May 22 with 3555 viewsDiscodroids

cant wait !!im going to go in some kind of trancendal state , an altered state, if you will.. as i wait for the shepherds bush maharishi to impart enlightenment to his flock of nobbys nuts acolytes.

just hang on Mien ramfukker liege, while i push two chairs together aka 'our man flint' where i can pluck your shamanic sawtooth configurations from the ether as to why greyfriars has a longer shelf life than catherine deneuve's vampire in 'the hunger' and the abdication of all repsonsibility by yourself and the players at man city was due to scorpio rising being in conflict with saturn and your patrick moore xylophone sticks being used as chopstick by suk yun.

[Post edited 22 May 2015 10:14]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Just what does the new QPR manager think of Raheem Sterling? Presser on 10:19 - May 22 with 3505 viewsdavman

Just what does the new QPR manager think of Raheem Sterling? Presser on 10:09 - May 22 by Discodroids

cant wait !!im going to go in some kind of trancendal state , an altered state, if you will.. as i wait for the shepherds bush maharishi to impart enlightenment to his flock of nobbys nuts acolytes.

just hang on Mien ramfukker liege, while i push two chairs together aka 'our man flint' where i can pluck your shamanic sawtooth configurations from the ether as to why greyfriars has a longer shelf life than catherine deneuve's vampire in 'the hunger' and the abdication of all repsonsibility by yourself and the players at man city was due to scorpio rising being in conflict with saturn and your patrick moore xylophone sticks being used as chopstick by suk yun.

[Post edited 22 May 2015 10:14]

Coburn as "Our Man Flint"...

Droid, you bring up memories with every one of your picture files - keep 'em coming!

...also, was Patrick Moore, Boris Johnson's father by any chance?

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Just what does the new QPR manager think of Raheem Sterling? Presser on 10:26 - May 22 with 3459 viewsDiscodroids

Just what does the new QPR manager think of Raheem Sterling? Presser on 10:19 - May 22 by davman

Droid, you bring up memories with every one of your picture files - keep 'em coming!

Hehehe...i forgot to take my meds this morning and im a bit overexcited, what with it being bank holiday an 'all and just one more game of QPR being casually overwhelmed by a team playing at 60%.

love derek flint !.

"Repeat after me: I am not a pleasure unit."

defo a bit of patrick in boris , well spotted dav !

"yes i see it now !! by stopping my heart beat and lowering my internal algorithm suspended between two louis XIV chairs , a left wing of clint hill and karl henry at home to west ham is our salvation"
[Post edited 22 May 2015 10:32]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Just what does the new QPR manager think of Raheem Sterling? Presser on 10:28 - May 22 with 3453 viewsfakekerby

I love how we supposedly have a 'culture of excellence' and Barton is our shining beacon as a 'top professional'...

Was ever so professional how he lumped a Hull player in the nads on a 18 year old kid's debut, ever so professional how he has called out a Rangers legend...

I bet within 5 minutes of leaving Barton will be all over twitter saying how Mickey Mouse the club is, arguing with players, fans, the lot.
Just what does the new QPR manager think of Raheem Sterling? Presser on 10:31 - May 22 with 3415 viewsNorthernr

Just what does the new QPR manager think of Raheem Sterling? Presser on 10:28 - May 22 by fakekerby

I love how we supposedly have a 'culture of excellence' and Barton is our shining beacon as a 'top professional'...

Was ever so professional how he lumped a Hull player in the nads on a 18 year old kid's debut, ever so professional how he has called out a Rangers legend...

I bet within 5 minutes of leaving Barton will be all over twitter saying how Mickey Mouse the club is, arguing with players, fans, the lot.

Why even wait to leave? He never has done before.
Just what does the new QPR manager think of Raheem Sterling? Presser on 10:34 - May 22 with 3393 viewsPommyhoop

Just what does the new QPR manager think of Raheem Sterling? Presser on 10:19 - May 22 by davman

Coburn was my hero ever since he escaped from them nasty Krauts by nicking a bike.
And he made a mockery of Sean Connery's famous' bring a knife to a gunfight' speech in Magnificent 7.

James was one cool cat.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Just what does the new QPR manager think of Raheem Sterling? Presser on 10:36 - May 22 with 3382 viewsjohnhoop

Love the music choice you ended it with Clive, not because I'm a big fan of Oasis, but just that the sentiments expressed in the title are uncannily appropriate.
I find it very hard not to look back in anger over the clusterf-ck of the last four years and the way we've squandered three chances to make a go of it in the Premier League. But there really isn't anything to be gained from getting wound up about it and all you can do is move on.
Login to get fewer ads

Just what does the new QPR manager think of Raheem Sterling? Presser on 10:40 - May 22 with 3350 viewsPinnerPaul

Just what does the new QPR manager think of Raheem Sterling? Presser on 10:34 - May 22 by Pommyhoop

Coburn was my hero ever since he escaped from them nasty Krauts by nicking a bike.
And he made a mockery of Sean Connery's famous' bring a knife to a gunfight' speech in Magnificent 7.

James was one cool cat.

We've got a game left and we don't want that to be a farce (be a nice change)

Very good Clive - that made me smile!
Just what does the new QPR manager think of Raheem Sterling? Presser on 10:43 - May 22 with 3341 viewsGetMeRangers

Seems a very short period to make decisions about retained players. When exactly does the pre-season start if season KO is on 8th August?
Just what does the new QPR manager think of Raheem Sterling? Presser on 10:46 - May 22 with 3318 viewsDiscodroids

"bar Man City and 20 mins v Palace, you would never believe we are in that position."

fuking hell..i picked a bad decade to give up chang. how fkn deluded is that!.

Just what does the new QPR manager think of Raheem Sterling? Presser on 11:28 - May 22 with 3202 viewsPinnerPaul

Just what does the new QPR manager think of Raheem Sterling? Presser on 10:43 - May 22 by GetMeRangers

Seems a very short period to make decisions about retained players. When exactly does the pre-season start if season KO is on 8th August?

Yes agree - I don't understand that - loads of transfers will be completed later than 10 days time?

Championship sides will be adding and taking away from squads all summer?
Just what does the new QPR manager think of Raheem Sterling? Presser on 11:31 - May 22 with 3189 viewsNorthernr

Just what does the new QPR manager think of Raheem Sterling? Presser on 11:28 - May 22 by PinnerPaul

Yes agree - I don't understand that - loads of transfers will be completed later than 10 days time?

Championship sides will be adding and taking away from squads all summer?

the ten day thing referred specifically to the retained list, which we have to submit to the league in that time. Players could still be retained after that, happened with jenas I think.
Just what does the new QPR manager think of Raheem Sterling? Presser on 12:00 - May 22 with 3119 viewsfakekerby

Just what does the new QPR manager think of Raheem Sterling? Presser on 10:46 - May 22 by Discodroids

"bar Man City and 20 mins v Palace, you would never believe we are in that position."

fuking hell..i picked a bad decade to give up chang. how fkn deluded is that!.

On my biggest issues with Ramsey is that he first showed up speaking the truth, and I loved him for it. But now he just comes out with the same old Bull that Harry used to. I don't know why managers continue to patronise football fans like they can't see what's happened with their own eyes.

Even now, with SWP and possibly Barton, ever so close to the exit door FINALLY, he still chooses to take the time to PRAISE THEM.
Just what does the new QPR manager think of Raheem Sterling? Presser on 12:15 - May 22 with 3083 viewsQPunkR

Just what does the new QPR manager think of Raheem Sterling? Presser on 10:28 - May 22 by fakekerby

Please God this fúcker wánker gets let go. Though no doubt Tone'll bung him more rather than less money and keep him on as Club captain, legend, brand ambassador

QPR - "shit but local"

Just what does the new QPR manager think of Raheem Sterling? Presser on 12:18 - May 22 with 3075 viewsdanehoop

probably not the time to call them what you really think with a game to go and a possibility that you might actually need to retain some of those who might leave.

Given too Bagpusses inability to shut up and blurt out nonsense alienating and disrepecting players (I know that seems like an oxymoron) I was happy with his reserve and considered responses.

Ultimately he can only repond to the questions asked and do his best to avoid making rash or stupid statements. He seems to do that quite well.

Never knowingly understood

Just what does the new QPR manager think of Raheem Sterling? Presser on 12:20 - May 22 with 3065 viewsDiscodroids

Just what does the new QPR manager think of Raheem Sterling? Presser on 12:00 - May 22 by fakekerby

On my biggest issues with Ramsey is that he first showed up speaking the truth, and I loved him for it. But now he just comes out with the same old Bull that Harry used to. I don't know why managers continue to patronise football fans like they can't see what's happened with their own eyes.

Even now, with SWP and possibly Barton, ever so close to the exit door FINALLY, he still chooses to take the time to PRAISE THEM.

that was the only thing i liked about the ramfukker, his open , frank ability to speak truthfully, it seems that even this remedial capability is now left by the w12 skip with joe jordans catheter .

watching alice the 7ft eagle pulling of kraftwerk moves with the palace players at half time has befuddled my mind as to the quality 70 mins we put in that day.must have missed it.

again , i must have been so ripped to the tits on ground nutmeg and morning glory seeds that i missed the dutch'1974 revue put on by our players at home to everton and west ham.

the defeats at hull, arsenal, spurs, liverpool and chelsea didnt have me checking the jeux sans frontier fixture list for next season. damn unlucky in all five.

oh well, i suppose ive lived a fruitful and productive lifewith no excess bar 20 minutes of my 47 years.

righto chris!
[Post edited 22 May 2015 12:23]

Just what does the new QPR manager think of Raheem Sterling? Presser on 12:22 - May 22 with 3053 viewsPinnerPaul

Just what does the new QPR manager think of Raheem Sterling? Presser on 11:31 - May 22 by Northernr

the ten day thing referred specifically to the retained list, which we have to submit to the league in that time. Players could still be retained after that, happened with jenas I think.

Ah that makes sense.

Guess you have to have a list of registered players as at 1st June , then you can buy/sell from that list.

At least you won't have to field questions about the "25" this summer!
Just what does the new QPR manager think of Raheem Sterling? Presser on 12:25 - May 22 with 3030 viewsdanehoop

Just what does the new QPR manager think of Raheem Sterling? Presser on 12:22 - May 22 by PinnerPaul

Ah that makes sense.

Guess you have to have a list of registered players as at 1st June , then you can buy/sell from that list.

At least you won't have to field questions about the "25" this summer!

Is it different in the Chumpionship? I think we need a refresher on the rules which apply there.

Never knowingly understood

Just what does the new QPR manager think of Raheem Sterling? Presser on 12:35 - May 22 with 3006 viewsNorthernr

Just what does the new QPR manager think of Raheem Sterling? Presser on 12:00 - May 22 by fakekerby

To us, we see Barton acting up on Twitter and letting us down in big matches, giving the ball away, hollywood passes, poorly behaved all ego etc. We also see SWP as a mercenary, claiming his money, never playing, refusing loan deals etc. That's all we see.

Everybody at the club says they're the two best trainers. Did interviews with Sutherland, RGC and Furlong and all three of them said straight away that barton and SWP were the first to help them, first to get them settled in the dressing room, first with advice, biggest help and influence in training, always encouraging them.

Ramsey is clearly placing a lot of emphasis on coming into training every day and doing it in a professional manner, which obviously a lot of our players - Taarabt, Traore, Zarate, Vargas, Isla - don't.

He's praising those two because, around Harlington at least, they're setting a standard he wants others to match. I hate the pair of them, but I don't see anything wrong in Ramsey doing that to deliberately highlight that this is what he expects every day at training.
Just what does the new QPR manager think of Raheem Sterling? Presser on 12:45 - May 22 with 2960 viewsAntti_Heinola

Stop being so reasonable Clive, both need to be publicly flogged with electrified wires on their bare gonads. But enough about Disco's fantasies. Thanks for these Presser thingies - very enjoyable indeed all season.

Bare bones.

Just what does the new QPR manager think of Raheem Sterling? Presser on 13:11 - May 22 with 2894 viewsderbyhoop

Barton is a competitive b**tard from the wrong side of the tracks. That's obvious from the effort he puts in game after game. But it comes with a tendency to see the red mist far too often. He's also a keen student of the game and, when calm, a helpful influence on the other players. Without the explosive moments, we'd probably see him as a decent midtable to lower Premiership player. With, he's a regular liability.

I'm sure SWP is a great trainer and puts in loads of effort. The trouble is he came to us on a ridiculously inflated and over long contract because he had a reputation as a quick wide midfielder. He hasn't been quick for most of the time he's been with us and he needs to train well because he's bloody useless at every other aspect of being a professional footballer.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Just what does the new QPR manager think of Raheem Sterling? Presser on 13:12 - May 22 with 2893 viewsQPunkR

Just what does the new QPR manager think of Raheem Sterling? Presser on 12:35 - May 22 by Northernr

To us, we see Barton acting up on Twitter and letting us down in big matches, giving the ball away, hollywood passes, poorly behaved all ego etc. We also see SWP as a mercenary, claiming his money, never playing, refusing loan deals etc. That's all we see.

Everybody at the club says they're the two best trainers. Did interviews with Sutherland, RGC and Furlong and all three of them said straight away that barton and SWP were the first to help them, first to get them settled in the dressing room, first with advice, biggest help and influence in training, always encouraging them.

Ramsey is clearly placing a lot of emphasis on coming into training every day and doing it in a professional manner, which obviously a lot of our players - Taarabt, Traore, Zarate, Vargas, Isla - don't.

He's praising those two because, around Harlington at least, they're setting a standard he wants others to match. I hate the pair of them, but I don't see anything wrong in Ramsey doing that to deliberately highlight that this is what he expects every day at training.

Just as long as we don't give either of 'em a new bloody contract!!

QPR - "shit but local"

Just what does the new QPR manager think of Raheem Sterling? Presser on 13:15 - May 22 with 2879 viewsSimonJames

Just what does the new QPR manager think of Raheem Sterling? Presser on 12:15 - May 22 by QPunkR

Please God this fúcker wánker gets let go. Though no doubt Tone'll bung him more rather than less money and keep him on as Club captain, legend, brand ambassador

I suspect God will not be hearing your plea.

100% of people who drink water will die.

Just what does the new QPR manager think of Raheem Sterling? Presser on 13:22 - May 22 with 2859 viewsQPunkR

Just what does the new QPR manager think of Raheem Sterling? Presser on 13:15 - May 22 by SimonJames

I suspect God will not be hearing your plea.

I know

QPR - "shit but local"

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024