Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cycling Stasi 11:33 - Jun 19 with 29936 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I agree with quite a lot of this.

I'm the latter normal A-B type she talks about. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3130690/SARAH-VINE-says-real-menaces-roa

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Cycling Stasi on 17:55 - Jun 22 with 2366 viewsR_from_afar

Cycling Stasi on 13:29 - Jun 22 by TheBlob

As a pedestrian I've never broken any speeding laws(I wish),never tailgated a fellow walker,have never headbutted a motor and never suffered Pavement Rage.We are the most put upon souls in society.If God had meant us to thrash about the place clad in hideous garb with glazed expressions He would have equipped us with wheels.I was born with feet and the only times i consider utilising rubber is to repair shoes or put on the end of my knob.

I bet you've walked on the cracks in the pavement though, Blob. Come on, own up, you know very well that that's a criminal offence .

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Cycling Stasi on 18:00 - Jun 22 with 2363 viewsR_from_afar

Cycling Stasi on 16:06 - Jun 22 by NW5Hoop

There are pedestrians who acts like tits. There are cyclists who act like tits. There are drivers who act like tits.

The duty of care is always owed from the less vulnerable to the most vulnerable. So drivers should look out or cyclists - even the ones who are behaving like tits. And drivers and cyclists should look out for pedestrians - even the ones who are behaving like tits. Simple, really.

Those are dangerously enlightened views! Careful now or you are really going to light the blue touchpaper!

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Cycling Stasi on 18:04 - Jun 22 with 2361 viewsTheBlob

Cycling Stasi on 17:55 - Jun 22 by R_from_afar

I bet you've walked on the cracks in the pavement though, Blob. Come on, own up, you know very well that that's a criminal offence .

RFA

I never walk on the cracks in the pavement because my old mum said it would instantly turn me into a Scum supporter.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Cycling Stasi on 18:43 - Jun 22 with 2326 viewsthemodfather

i saw today, a cyclist riding along TEXTING, wish i had filmed it....
cyclists now slow down traffic and buses, as they have give room
to my knowledge cyclists pay no road tax, insurance, mot...many have no lights (front or rear) few wear hi-vis or helmets YET
want me to pay for dedicated lanes, routes and their safety
ok..start a licence fee and put funds to all this, have all bikes insured and a yearly "mot" and the monies go to the new lanes etc
fine any cyclist going thru a red traffic light or on pavements and the money goes to their dedicated lanes, simples....will it happen? no.
Cycling Stasi on 21:16 - Jun 22 with 2275 viewswillis1980

Cycling Stasi on 18:43 - Jun 22 by themodfather

to my knowledge cyclists pay no road tax, insurance, mot...many have no lights (front or rear) few wear hi-vis or helmets YET
ok..start a licence fee and put funds to all this, have all bikes insured and a yearly "mot" and the monies go to the new lanes etc
fine any cyclist going thru a red traffic light or on pavements and the money goes to their dedicated lanes, simples....will it happen? no.

Introduce a zero alcohol limit for all drivers, ban them for a number of years and fine them a grand. Society gains endlessly and the monies gathered in fines can go towards the facilities you feel agrieved paying for. Although my taxes go towards paying for loads of stuff I'm not particularly happy about.
Cycling Stasi on 21:22 - Jun 22 with 2271 viewsMaggsinho

No one pays road tax, it was abolished in 1937.
Cycling Stasi on 22:29 - Jun 22 with 2239 viewswombat

Cycling Stasi on 21:22 - Jun 22 by Maggsinho

No one pays road tax, it was abolished in 1937.

Do you happen to know what day of the week out of interest ?

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Cycling Stasi on 23:43 - Jun 22 with 2219 viewsOakR

Well we can all site things we have seen. I cycled in today.

On my way in I witnessed generally good driving and good manners all round from all road users - a bit of consideration all round works wonders. I let a bus in, motorcyclist let me in, it's really not that hard...

One the way back I noticed:

1) A significant minority of cyclists and 1 car going through a red light.
2) Numerous cars speeding
3) One car slowing down to 5mph on a high street for no apparent reason, 2 cyclists going to overtake on the outside, and the motorist suddenly turning right into one of them, without indicating or looking in his mirrors or even out of his window. Thankfully the slowspeed averted anything bad although he did actually go into one cyclist. He apologised and everyone moved on, though he did get a volley of abuse off one cyclist.
4) Pedestrians stepping out into the road or in between traffic without looking.

Ultimately my post above proves nothing about cyclists, motorists, pedestrians or anyone else. I've made my points in my other post on this.

Poll: Will we stay up?

Login to get fewer ads

Cycling Stasi on 23:48 - Jun 22 with 2208 viewsPunteR

Cycling Stasi on 23:43 - Jun 22 by OakR

Well we can all site things we have seen. I cycled in today.

On my way in I witnessed generally good driving and good manners all round from all road users - a bit of consideration all round works wonders. I let a bus in, motorcyclist let me in, it's really not that hard...

One the way back I noticed:

1) A significant minority of cyclists and 1 car going through a red light.
2) Numerous cars speeding
3) One car slowing down to 5mph on a high street for no apparent reason, 2 cyclists going to overtake on the outside, and the motorist suddenly turning right into one of them, without indicating or looking in his mirrors or even out of his window. Thankfully the slowspeed averted anything bad although he did actually go into one cyclist. He apologised and everyone moved on, though he did get a volley of abuse off one cyclist.
4) Pedestrians stepping out into the road or in between traffic without looking.

Ultimately my post above proves nothing about cyclists, motorists, pedestrians or anyone else. I've made my points in my other post on this.

I don't believe you..show me the video.

I am joking of course.
I was stuck behind a cyclist today,no big deal, overtook when clear and gave him loads of room. He even gave me a thumbs up.
[Post edited 23 Jun 2015 0:04]

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Cycling Stasi on 00:17 - Jun 23 with 2203 viewsOakR

Cycling Stasi on 23:48 - Jun 22 by PunteR

I don't believe you..show me the video.

I am joking of course.
I was stuck behind a cyclist today,no big deal, overtook when clear and gave him loads of room. He even gave me a thumbs up.
[Post edited 23 Jun 2015 0:04]

A bit worried how many memory cards I'm going to need for this camera, and think I might near to hire out a server farm somewhere to store and process it all

Poll: Will we stay up?

Cycling Stasi on 08:24 - Jun 23 with 2143 viewsKonk

http://road.cc/content/news/154913-nearly-3-4-lorries-stopped-police-london-dont

The only consolation is that other road users and pedestrians aren't vulnerable when it comes to cement mixers, tipper trucks etc. Doesn't make an already problematic situation any better does it?

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Cycling Stasi on 08:33 - Jun 23 with 2136 viewswillis1980

Cycling Stasi on 08:24 - Jun 23 by Konk

http://road.cc/content/news/154913-nearly-3-4-lorries-stopped-police-london-dont

The only consolation is that other road users and pedestrians aren't vulnerable when it comes to cement mixers, tipper trucks etc. Doesn't make an already problematic situation any better does it?

Although I'm not really surprised by those figures they're still worrying.
Cycling Stasi on 09:23 - Jun 23 with 2116 viewsQPunkR

Cycling Stasi on 16:10 - Jun 22 by wombat

agreed does that give cyclists the ok to smack anyone who they deem not fit to use the same road as the cyclist ?

PunkR u have mail buy the way !!!

I read it. It contained correct spelling too.

QPR - "shit but local"

Cycling Stasi on 09:44 - Jun 23 with 2105 viewsTheBlob

What's wrong with banning HGVs during the day?

Cycling Stasi on 11:01 - Jun 23 with 2080 viewswombat

Cycling Stasi on 09:44 - Jun 23 by TheBlob

What's wrong with banning HGVs during the day?

Cost , simple as that , haulage companies would increase costs due to amount of money thye would have to pay drivers , plus youd need to employ staff to load an unload the trucks at either end , residents would kick off due to noise , building sites same reason plus many are under restrictions asto when they can work , most arent allowed to do anything before 730am and have to finish at 530pm due to neighbours.

heres a question does anyone think the reason there are MORE accidents involving bikes is down to the riders having zero road knowledge and not just bad drivers on the road, never worked out why you are allowed the share the roads with cars vans etc but can have no actual knowledge of road signs rules etc
[Post edited 23 Jun 2015 11:09]

Cycling Stasi on 12:44 - Jun 23 with 2051 viewsdolcelatte

Cycling Stasi on 11:01 - Jun 23 by wombat

Cost , simple as that , haulage companies would increase costs due to amount of money thye would have to pay drivers , plus youd need to employ staff to load an unload the trucks at either end , residents would kick off due to noise , building sites same reason plus many are under restrictions asto when they can work , most arent allowed to do anything before 730am and have to finish at 530pm due to neighbours.

heres a question does anyone think the reason there are MORE accidents involving bikes is down to the riders having zero road knowledge and not just bad drivers on the road, never worked out why you are allowed the share the roads with cars vans etc but can have no actual knowledge of road signs rules etc

I find it unbelievable that you can pass your driving test and then never ever get tested again and you can drive on a foreign licence permanently when your host test may have been very different.

Most drivers wouldn't know what half of the road signs meant (if that many).

Poll: Are you sick of people asking if you are sick of polls?

Cycling Stasi on 13:06 - Jun 23 with 2035 viewssexton

I saw a motorist texting today as she did a right turn. I wagged my finger at her but she didn't notice because her eyes were glued to her phone.
Cycling Stasi on 13:45 - Jun 23 with 2001 viewsQPunkR

Cycling Stasi on 11:01 - Jun 23 by wombat

Here's a question in return. Seeing as almost all motorists are insured, does it stop them breaking the rules of the road? No. So would cyclists having to have insurance stop them doing the same? No.
And the same with having to pass a test - All drivers are supposed to pass a test, and yet still regularly break the rules.

QPR - "shit but local"

Cycling Stasi on 13:52 - Jun 23 with 1995 viewswombat

Cycling Stasi on 13:45 - Jun 23 by QPunkR

Here's a question in return. Seeing as almost all motorists are insured, does it stop them breaking the rules of the road? No. So would cyclists having to have insurance stop them doing the same? No.
And the same with having to pass a test - All drivers are supposed to pass a test, and yet still regularly break the rules.

didnt think the purpose of insurance was to stop them breaking rules ,
its to cover them if they do cause or are involved in an accident be it with a van bike lorry etc cyclist dont have that cover. Horse riders do, Car Drivers do. Cyclists dont seem to feel the need to , if a car damages my mode of transport i can claim as can he , if a horse did the same same again , cyclist misjudges his gap and did stop ( yes i know they dont ) smashed my mirro you might get a sorry mate more likely hes off on his toes

dosnt it seem even to you a tad unfair even when cyclists are so perescuted on britains roads ?

Cycling Stasi on 14:06 - Jun 23 with 1982 viewsdolcelatte

Cycling Stasi on 13:52 - Jun 23 by wombat

didnt think the purpose of insurance was to stop them breaking rules ,
its to cover them if they do cause or are involved in an accident be it with a van bike lorry etc cyclist dont have that cover. Horse riders do, Car Drivers do. Cyclists dont seem to feel the need to , if a car damages my mode of transport i can claim as can he , if a horse did the same same again , cyclist misjudges his gap and did stop ( yes i know they dont ) smashed my mirro you might get a sorry mate more likely hes off on his toes

dosnt it seem even to you a tad unfair even when cyclists are so perescuted on britains roads ?

There's nothing in the highway code that says Horse rider have to have insurance on public roads so where does this come from?

Also it is estimated that there up to 2 million uninsured drivers in the UK - as much as a third of drivers in Greater London amongst other areas..

Poll: Are you sick of people asking if you are sick of polls?

Cycling Stasi on 14:26 - Jun 23 with 1969 viewswombat

Cycling Stasi on 14:06 - Jun 23 by dolcelatte

There's nothing in the highway code that says Horse rider have to have insurance on public roads so where does this come from?

Also it is estimated that there up to 2 million uninsured drivers in the UK - as much as a third of drivers in Greater London amongst other areas..

not in the highway code correct , anyone who rides has liabilty insurance for any accidents they might be involved in (costs about 70 quid a year usually ) , be it there fault or a car or cyclist causing it , trust me you dont want to be behind a horse when it spooks and kicks out , its its your car behind it say good by the bonnet and lights or it goes through your windscreen and onto you which many do your cars a right off and you will end up in hospital, also coveres the rider for any accident caused by said car driver , cyclist , van etc ,

so you hit a horse you can claim for damages
hit a bike or bike hits you sorry its out your pocket mate

Cycling Stasi on 14:28 - Jun 23 with 1962 viewsQPunkR

Cycling Stasi on 14:26 - Jun 23 by wombat

not in the highway code correct , anyone who rides has liabilty insurance for any accidents they might be involved in (costs about 70 quid a year usually ) , be it there fault or a car or cyclist causing it , trust me you dont want to be behind a horse when it spooks and kicks out , its its your car behind it say good by the bonnet and lights or it goes through your windscreen and onto you which many do your cars a right off and you will end up in hospital, also coveres the rider for any accident caused by said car driver , cyclist , van etc ,

so you hit a horse you can claim for damages
hit a bike or bike hits you sorry its out your pocket mate

So your main, overriding problem with cyclists is that individuals don't have to have insurance?

QPR - "shit but local"

Cycling Stasi on 14:31 - Jun 23 with 1957 viewswombat

Cycling Stasi on 14:28 - Jun 23 by QPunkR

So your main, overriding problem with cyclists is that individuals don't have to have insurance?

one of the reasons yes well done take a bow
other reasons is total lack or road sense
accountability
pretty much covers it

Cycling Stasi on 14:35 - Jun 23 with 1949 viewsTheBlob

I used to buy damage/repairables back in the day ,tonce them up for resale.Got a Granada off the salvage firm once,big dent in the front of the bonnet and collapsed front suspension,the docket read"elephant sat on vehicle" - absolutely true,previous owner was following a circus parade.Did very well out of that deal,took a Capri John Player Special in p/x.

Cycling Stasi on 14:39 - Jun 23 with 1944 viewsQPunkR

Cycling Stasi on 14:31 - Jun 23 by wombat

one of the reasons yes well done take a bow
other reasons is total lack or road sense
accountability
pretty much covers it

Total lack of road sense is shared with drivers.
Helluva lot more dangerous to have idiot drivers out there ignoring the rules than idiot cyclists though.

QPR - "shit but local"

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024