Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cycling Stasi 11:33 - Jun 19 with 29940 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I agree with quite a lot of this.

I'm the latter normal A-B type she talks about. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3130690/SARAH-VINE-says-real-menaces-roa

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Cycling Stasi on 18:26 - Jul 7 with 2965 viewsJuzzie

So, 20 mins ago I walk out of our Kensington building, turn the corner and there's a gym-monkey, wife-beater adorned, tattooed Ross Kemp look alike tearing along the pavement not giving a schit about anyone else.

"It's illegal to cycle on the pavement" I exclaimed.

Clearly not used to someone having a go at him at him he jumps straight off his bike and immediately becomes very aggressive. "What are you going to do about it" he growls.

"Nothing", I reply "I'm just saying it's illegal to cycle on the pavement"

"so, do you want me to cycle the wrong way down a one way street [Holland Road] then?", somehow trying to justify himself.

"no, you follow the one way traffic that takes you around and back to this same point. As I said, it's illegal to cycle on the pavement".

Starts to get aggressive so I just walk off. Half expected him to follow me but thankfully he didn't as he'd wipe the floor with me!

I'll be fked if someone thinks they can intimidate people in this manner. He'll probably be telling all his mates about this prick that had a go at him. Hopefully one of them would say "well, it is illegal" but I'm not holding my breath.

One minute later, another person flies past the Kensington Hilton on the pavement as people are trying to get into the hotel with luggage.

Clearly the issue is with the person(s), but this is why people are getting pi$$ed off with cyclists as far too many think they can just do want they want.

Are the cycling organisations doing anything to stop this type of behaviour?
Cycling Stasi on 19:48 - Jul 7 with 2916 viewswillis1980

Cycling Stasi on 18:26 - Jul 7 by Juzzie

So, 20 mins ago I walk out of our Kensington building, turn the corner and there's a gym-monkey, wife-beater adorned, tattooed Ross Kemp look alike tearing along the pavement not giving a schit about anyone else.

Clearly not used to someone having a go at him at him he jumps straight off his bike and immediately becomes very aggressive. "What are you going to do about it" he growls.

"so, do you want me to cycle the wrong way down a one way street [Holland Road] then?", somehow trying to justify himself.

"no, you follow the one way traffic that takes you around and back to this same point. As I said, it's illegal to cycle on the pavement".

Starts to get aggressive so I just walk off. Half expected him to follow me but thankfully he didn't as he'd wipe the floor with me!

I'll be fked if someone thinks they can intimidate people in this manner. He'll probably be telling all his mates about this prick that had a go at him. Hopefully one of them would say "well, it is illegal" but I'm not holding my breath.

One minute later, another person flies past the Kensington Hilton on the pavement as people are trying to get into the hotel with luggage.

Clearly the issue is with the person(s), but this is why people are getting pi$$ed off with cyclists as far too many think they can just do want they want.

This air of entitlement is exactly what you get from motorists on a daily basis, typical example would be when they're stuck behind a bus and decide to overtake eventhough there is oncoming traffic. Not only inconsiderate but also against the law. The gym monkey isn't to dissimilar to the nerd in a Chelsea tractor giving it the biggun to a cyclist from the comfort of his metal colossus or the numptys that start jumping on the jump before people have got off. People on the whole are increasingly becoming self absorbed t0ssers with little regard for anyone else
Cycling Stasi on 23:22 - Jul 7 with 2823 viewsHanwellHoop

Cycling Stasi on 18:26 - Jul 7 by Juzzie

Why do you feel the need to tell him what he already knows? The reason he's pissed off is because he knows it 'illegal' and dosent need some jobs worth telling him what to do. Did he hurt anyone? No.

Could he kill someone with his reckless behaviour? Probably not.

Let it go Juzzie. Cyclists are just people, like you. Not as small minded, but still people.
Cycling Stasi on 23:32 - Jul 7 with 2817 viewsHantsR

Just cycled back from pub - can't remember if it was road, pavement or psychopath...?

Won £42 in pub quiz so don't care too much
Cycling Stasi on 23:37 - Jul 7 with 2809 viewsHanwellHoop

Cycling Stasi on 23:32 - Jul 7 by HantsR

Just cycled back from pub - can't remember if it was road, pavement or psychopath...?

Won £42 in pub quiz so don't care too much

gis us a tenner
Cycling Stasi on 23:41 - Jul 7 with 2802 viewsHantsR

Cycling Stasi on 23:37 - Jul 7 by HanwellHoop

gis us a tenner

You're my besht frend! I luv u
Cycling Stasi on 23:43 - Jul 7 with 2795 viewsHanwellHoop

Cycling Stasi on 23:41 - Jul 7 by HantsR

You're my besht frend! I luv u

I only wanted the money
Cycling Stasi on 12:48 - Jul 8 with 2701 viewsJuzzie

Cycling Stasi on 23:22 - Jul 7 by HanwellHoop

Why do you feel the need to tell him what he already knows? The reason he's pissed off is because he knows it 'illegal' and dosent need some jobs worth telling him what to do. Did he hurt anyone? No.

Let it go Juzzie. Cyclists are just people, like you. Not as small minded, but still people.

I felt the need because he missed me by inches and it's a busy corner of Kensington High Street. There's a bus stop just around the corner with lots of people and you often get kids hanging around outside the Universal Music offices.

"Did he hurt anyone? No." - Not then but he could have done. I doubt a Court would take a comment from anyone "well, I never hurt anyone" lightly having been clocked at 130+mph on the motorway. By your reckoning it's ok for me to tear-arse around on my motorbike as long as I don't hurt anyone?

If he was pissed off because he knew he was in the wrong, then good... job done.

And no, I won't let it go. That's just what people want so it gives them carte blance to behave how they like. Should we 'let it go' with terrorism?

Also, I take exception to the small minded comment. I've been on first aid courses, a speed awareness course (yes, I get the irony), advance motorbike courses and I've seen pictures of the damage and injuries caused by all sorts of reckless behaviour from a manner of different road uses, cyclists too.

[Post edited 8 Jul 2015 12:53]
Login to get fewer ads

Cycling Stasi on 13:40 - Jul 8 with 2661 viewsPablo_Hoopsta

Cycling Stasi on 23:22 - Jul 7 by HanwellHoop

Same as those cuuunts who film "bad drivers" and send it to the police. Wouldnt be half as much of that if cyclists had some unique identifier that the rest of the civilised world could use whenever they do something illegal such as this.
Cycling Stasi on 15:51 - Jul 8 with 2614 viewsQPunkR

Cycling Stasi on 13:40 - Jul 8 by Pablo_Hoopsta

Same as those cuuunts who film "bad drivers" and send it to the police. Wouldnt be half as much of that if cyclists had some unique identifier that the rest of the civilised world could use whenever they do something illegal such as this.

FFS don't start all this shit again.
Not sure why you put 'bad drivers' in inverted commas like that though, bad driving is bad driving no matter who it's by, or whether it's recorded or not, Shirley?

QPR - "shit but local"

Cycling Stasi on 16:17 - Jul 8 with 2585 viewsWatford_Ranger

Should have just clothselined the cnt.

With a cricket bat.
Cycling Stasi on 16:37 - Jul 8 with 2575 viewsPablo_Hoopsta

Cycling Stasi on 15:51 - Jul 8 by QPunkR

FFS don't start all this shit again.
Not sure why you put 'bad drivers' in inverted commas like that though, bad driving is bad driving no matter who it's by, or whether it's recorded or not, Shirley?

LOL I was actually thinking of you when I wrote it! Its partly me jesting just because its such an emotive topic but also partly serious, if cyclists had a number plate (or whatever) then those "bad cyclists" (See I do it with cyclists too!) would soon be off the roads and we would all be a lot happier.

Cycling Stasi on 16:45 - Jul 8 with 2569 viewsWatford_Ranger

I don't think it would do cyclists or drivers in general any harm to need an additional license for Central London driving. The dangers and requirements are so much greater than anywhere else.

Boris bikes too need some sort of simple cycling proficiency test and a helmet should be mandatory (ooh err).
Cycling Stasi on 09:21 - Jul 9 with 2485 viewsQPunkR

Cycling Stasi on 16:37 - Jul 8 by Pablo_Hoopsta

LOL I was actually thinking of you when I wrote it! Its partly me jesting just because its such an emotive topic but also partly serious, if cyclists had a number plate (or whatever) then those "bad cyclists" (See I do it with cyclists too!) would soon be off the roads and we would all be a lot happier.

Thought you might've been thinking of me at the time!

QPR - "shit but local"

Cycling Stasi on 16:48 - Jul 22 with 2407 viewswillis1980

Cycling Stasi on 11:51 - Feb 3 with 2021 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-nottinghamshire-35472617
Cycling Stasi on 11:57 - Feb 3 with 2009 viewsDeepcutHoop

Cycling Stasi on 11:51 - Feb 3 by BazzaInTheLoft

No grey areas there, that's appalling.

Sickening that someone got away with that, doesn't seem possible that could happen in this case.
Cycling Stasi on 12:05 - Feb 3 with 1986 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Cycling Stasi on 11:57 - Feb 3 by DeepcutHoop

No grey areas there, that's appalling.

Sickening that someone got away with that, doesn't seem possible that could happen in this case.

A dickhead driver can put you in the ground, but a dickhead cyclist will only put you in a bad mood.

© BazzaInTheLoft
[Post edited 3 Feb 2016 12:08]
Cycling Stasi on 12:06 - Feb 3 with 1984 viewsjamois

Cycling Stasi on 11:51 - Feb 3 by BazzaInTheLoft

wow. so now i'm wondering, can you always just not provide driver details if you commit a car related crime? what a joke.

Poll: What's our back 4 for Wembley?

Cycling Stasi on 12:16 - Feb 3 with 1970 viewsR_from_afar

Let me introduce a new dynamic to this thread: I am going to compliment a driver on some courteous and sensible driving. I am both a driver and a cyclist, by the way.

I was cycling through Bracknell very early last Saturday. I normally use cycle paths, where they exist, but it was before 9am and I also don't want to avoid roads to the extent that I develop a morbid fear of using them.

There is a stretch of dual carriageway in the town centre which is reduced to single carriageway, through the use of cones, due to the redevelopment of the town (we are getting sewers and, rumour has it, piped water and electricity too). I reached that section ahead of a car and rather than the car trying to squeeze past - which would've been tricky because the lanes are very narrow - he sat back and waited for the cones to end. I was going as fast as possible because I do anyway and I didn't want to hold him and the other cars up but all the same, I certainly delayed that car and others behind them but they all waited patiently and there was no hooting or other aggro. I offered profuse waves of thanks. Heartwarming.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Cycling Stasi on 12:26 - Feb 3 with 1942 viewsHunterhoop

Cycling Stasi on 12:16 - Feb 3 by R_from_afar

Let me introduce a new dynamic to this thread: I am going to compliment a driver on some courteous and sensible driving. I am both a driver and a cyclist, by the way.

I was cycling through Bracknell very early last Saturday. I normally use cycle paths, where they exist, but it was before 9am and I also don't want to avoid roads to the extent that I develop a morbid fear of using them.

There is a stretch of dual carriageway in the town centre which is reduced to single carriageway, through the use of cones, due to the redevelopment of the town (we are getting sewers and, rumour has it, piped water and electricity too). I reached that section ahead of a car and rather than the car trying to squeeze past - which would've been tricky because the lanes are very narrow - he sat back and waited for the cones to end. I was going as fast as possible because I do anyway and I didn't want to hold him and the other cars up but all the same, I certainly delayed that car and others behind them but they all waited patiently and there was no hooting or other aggro. I offered profuse waves of thanks. Heartwarming.

RFA

a) nice story, RFA.

b) only just noticed your avatar. I'm not, in any way, a rabid tree hugger - there's always grey areas and some balance required - but that's an excellent concise summary of our approach to the planet!
Cycling Stasi on 12:29 - Feb 3 with 1936 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Cycling Stasi on 12:16 - Feb 3 by R_from_afar

RFA

Peace in our time!
Cycling Stasi on 12:52 - Feb 3 with 1903 viewsKonk

Cycling Stasi on 12:29 - Feb 3 by BazzaInTheLoft

Peace in our time!

Well, this di ckhead got 2.5 years for deliberately driving at cyclists and swerving away at the last minute, so hopefully Volvo ar sehole will get something similar:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-35422418

This is why I'm grateful that some folk choose to wear cameras.
[Post edited 3 Feb 2016 13:03]

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Cycling Stasi on 13:22 - Feb 3 with 1855 viewsR_from_afar

Cycling Stasi on 12:26 - Feb 3 by Hunterhoop

a) nice story, RFA.

b) only just noticed your avatar. I'm not, in any way, a rabid tree hugger - there's always grey areas and some balance required - but that's an excellent concise summary of our approach to the planet!

Thank you on both counts, sir. I stumbled across the image online but had to process it a bit to make the text (more or less) legible on my avatar. I'm very passionate about environmental issues. The Blob likes to tease me, to get me to climb out of my pram...

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Cycling Stasi on 13:26 - Feb 3 with 1844 viewsJuzzie

Cycling Stasi on 12:52 - Feb 3 by Konk

Well, this di ckhead got 2.5 years for deliberately driving at cyclists and swerving away at the last minute, so hopefully Volvo ar sehole will get something similar:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-35422418

This is why I'm grateful that some folk choose to wear cameras.
[Post edited 3 Feb 2016 13:03]

This is what helmet cams should be used for.

Not the pathetic w@nker who followed a car that actually had done nothing wrong, hid in the shadows then bravely pounced on a loan female to have a go at her. Told her to apologise (for doing nothing wrong) and he'd delete it, then put it on youtube. W@nker.

[Post edited 3 Feb 2016 13:47]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024