Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ashes Thread 14:45 - Jul 6 with 54616 viewstoboboly

Starts Wednesday, can't wait. Fearful but quietly optimistic that we can take the urn back. Would be happy to go into the final test drawn tbh. Anyway here's something to get the juices flowing;

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Ashes Thread on 06:48 - Jul 30 with 2136 viewsdistortR

Ashes Thread on 19:29 - Jul 29 by Rangersw12

A lead of 150 and the Aussies would have to bat out of their skin to put us under pressure

Good day for batting tomorrow

This is so unpredictable, and i love the way my fiercely Scottish ex workmate and the ardent papist brian cheer for England!
Ashes Thread on 08:13 - Jul 30 with 2079 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Ashes Thread on 06:48 - Jul 30 by distortR

This is so unpredictable, and i love the way my fiercely Scottish ex workmate and the ardent papist brian cheer for England!

It's because YOU are a Tan, DistortR. If you were an Aussie, then that's who I'd shout for!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Ashes Thread on 08:27 - Jul 30 with 2060 viewsElHoop

Ashes Thread on 19:29 - Jul 29 by Rangersw12

A lead of 150 and the Aussies would have to bat out of their skin to put us under pressure

Good day for batting tomorrow

The Aussies rely heavily on their top order and when they fail they lose. We rely heavily on our middle order and when they fail we lose, and so far the top order had actually kept them off the pitch until Bell malfunctioned.

It's hard to see us being out for less than 300, in which case we can attack the Aussies when they bat again, and having the runs to crowd the bat will give us a big advantage in English conditions. It's ours to lose.
Ashes Thread on 08:28 - Jul 30 with 2059 viewsDiscodroids

does adam lyth fancy showing up as centre back at charlton , hed fit right in.
[Post edited 30 Jul 2015 8:28]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Ashes Thread on 11:08 - Jul 30 with 1996 viewsCanadaRanger

142-4
Ashes Thread on 11:16 - Jul 30 with 1985 viewsTonto

shit. I hate Mitchel bloody Johnson

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Ashes Thread on 11:18 - Jul 30 with 1980 viewsDiscodroids

what a brute of a bowler johnson is. john snow meets jeff thompson.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Ashes Thread on 11:23 - Jul 30 with 1972 viewsTonto

I loved it when he went 0-one hundred and whatever at Cardiff, but 2 wickets in the second over of the day was the last thing we needed (except 2 wickets in the first over I suppose). this session is absolute key to the match...

Login to get fewer ads

Ashes Thread on 11:51 - Jul 30 with 1938 viewsDiscodroids

only just heard clive rice the great south africa all rounder has turned up his toes.

what a side they could have had..garth le roux, vincent van der bijl, peter kirsten, Ken mckewan ..

Ashes Thread on 12:02 - Jul 30 with 1927 viewsHayesender

Root gone. We'll do well to get a lead of 100 here

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Ashes Thread on 12:03 - Jul 30 with 1924 viewsCamberleyR

Ashes Thread on 11:51 - Jul 30 by Discodroids

only just heard clive rice the great south africa all rounder has turned up his toes.

what a side they could have had..garth le roux, vincent van der bijl, peter kirsten, Ken mckewan ..

True. Having just spanked Australia 4-0 with the players they already had in place when they were kicked out of test cricket in 1970; Richards, the Pollock brothers, Barlow, Procter + the likes of up and comers McEwan, Van der Bijl and possibly future England players Lamb and Smith. A great side that never was.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Ashes Thread on 12:05 - Jul 30 with 1918 viewsadhoc_qpr

Ashes Thread on 12:02 - Jul 30 by Hayesender

Root gone. We'll do well to get a lead of 100 here

Agree, before Root went i was hoping for about 240, now i;d be surprised if we get much past 200 - 210...
Ashes Thread on 12:08 - Jul 30 with 1909 viewsdaveB

brilliant match this, be surprised if it lasts to the weekend though at this rate. Australia well in the game now
Ashes Thread on 12:09 - Jul 30 with 1908 viewsTonto

a lead of 3 figures is a must if we are going to win this one. Double their score would be nice, as it starts to rub it in a bit. 150+ could be match winning...

Ashes Thread on 12:13 - Jul 30 with 1901 viewsJamie

Ashes Thread on 12:09 - Jul 30 by Tonto

a lead of 3 figures is a must if we are going to win this one. Double their score would be nice, as it starts to rub it in a bit. 150+ could be match winning...

At the risk of sounding overly pessimistic, I wouldn't fancy us chasing anything over 100 to win, which could be some time late tomorrow the way this is going.
Ashes Thread on 12:16 - Jul 30 with 1893 viewsingeminate

Ashes Thread on 12:08 - Jul 30 by daveB

brilliant match this, be surprised if it lasts to the weekend though at this rate. Australia well in the game now

Well I hope it does otherwise I've just bought train tickets for a day out in Birmingham!

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. PG Wodehouse
Poll: Should Jimmy be sacked?

Ashes Thread on 12:24 - Jul 30 with 1877 viewsadhoc_qpr

Ashes Thread on 12:09 - Jul 30 by Tonto

I'd be surprised if we get a lead of 85 now
Ashes Thread on 12:24 - Jul 30 with 1877 viewsClive_Anderson

190-7 now.

No idea how they're managing to throw this one away, it's not even been particularly good bowling.
Ashes Thread on 12:28 - Jul 30 with 1867 viewsadhoc_qpr

Ashes Thread on 12:24 - Jul 30 by Clive_Anderson

190-7 now.

No idea how they're managing to throw this one away, it's not even been particularly good bowling.

We're never far away from an England batting collapse, no matter how well things are seemingly going...
Ashes Thread on 12:31 - Jul 30 with 1858 viewsJamie

190-7 now.

English batsmen worrying more about who is bowling than what is being bowled.
Ashes Thread on 12:36 - Jul 30 with 1849 viewsjohnhoop

190-7 now.

The most annoying thing for me is the way they keep throwing their wickets away against Nathan Lyon, who is a very average off-spinner of the sort they must face in county cricket all the time. Thunderbolts from Johnson I can understand,as those looked virtually unplayable.
Ashes Thread on 12:40 - Jul 30 with 1839 viewsClive_Anderson

Ashes Thread on 12:36 - Jul 30 by johnhoop

The most annoying thing for me is the way they keep throwing their wickets away against Nathan Lyon, who is a very average off-spinner of the sort they must face in county cricket all the time. Thunderbolts from Johnson I can understand,as those looked virtually unplayable.

The Root one was the worst as it was completely unnecessary.

Can see the Aussies getting 350 in their second innings after this let off.
Ashes Thread on 12:57 - Jul 30 with 1814 viewsadhoc_qpr

Ashes Thread on 12:40 - Jul 30 by Clive_Anderson

The Root one was the worst as it was completely unnecessary.

Can see the Aussies getting 350 in their second innings after this let off.

Agree and we know that we're mentally weak chasing anything above 150 in the second innings.

Unless Anderson, Broad or Ali can produce some magic this afternoon i think the Aussies have a great chance of taking a 2-1 lead.
Ashes Thread on 13:06 - Jul 30 with 1791 viewsElHoop

Ashes Thread on 12:57 - Jul 30 by adhoc_qpr

Agree and we know that we're mentally weak chasing anything above 150 in the second innings.

Unless Anderson, Broad or Ali can produce some magic this afternoon i think the Aussies have a great chance of taking a 2-1 lead.

Australia will need Rogers and Smith to get centuries to get a decent lead - that's possible of course but the rest of them make it look like a T20 game and this pitch isn't good enough for them to bat like that, as was also the case at Cardiff. Hopefully we'll get past 300 which gives us the runs to go all out for wickets from the word go.
Ashes Thread on 13:20 - Jul 30 with 1764 viewsClive_Anderson

Ashes Thread on 12:57 - Jul 30 by adhoc_qpr

Mind you I would have been pleasantly surprised to say the least if someone said we'd be 85 ahead on the second day with 3 wickets left.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024