Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ashes Thread 14:45 - Jul 6 with 54621 viewstoboboly

Starts Wednesday, can't wait. Fearful but quietly optimistic that we can take the urn back. Would be happy to go into the final test drawn tbh. Anyway here's something to get the juices flowing;

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Ashes Thread on 14:15 - Jul 30 with 2379 viewsClive_Anderson

Well well well. Thank gawd for Ali and Broad.

141 lead now, more than Australia's first innings score

Ah shite Broad gone now.
[Post edited 30 Jul 2015 14:16]
Ashes Thread on 14:46 - Jul 30 with 2331 viewsjamois

Ashes Thread on 18:53 - Jul 29 by jamois

this pitch will deteriorate badly and we bat last. i feel we need 400 this innings, anything less and aussies are well in the game.

I stand by the above. Batting last here requires a lead of at least 150. We need some early top order wickets now. Just cannot believe the aussies will bat as poorly again. May I be proved very wrong.

Poll: What's our back 4 for Wembley?

Ashes Thread on 14:56 - Jul 30 with 2309 viewsClive_Anderson

Ashes Thread on 14:46 - Jul 30 by jamois

I stand by the above. Batting last here requires a lead of at least 150. We need some early top order wickets now. Just cannot believe the aussies will bat as poorly again. May I be proved very wrong.

Well they'll have to do it without Rogers
Ashes Thread on 15:09 - Jul 30 with 2282 viewsDiscodroids

thought we were 3o runs short of a match winning lead of 175, would like to get at least 3 aussie wickets today. i reckon 60/40 in our favour.

just as well we have adam lyth in the side , anythings possible with this hybrid splice of desmond haynes and gordon greenidge.
[Post edited 30 Jul 2015 15:09]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Ashes Thread on 15:34 - Jul 30 with 2248 viewsCamberleyR

We effectively bat with 10 at the moment when "walking wicket" Lyth is in the side.
[Post edited 30 Jul 2015 15:34]

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Ashes Thread on 15:35 - Jul 30 with 2254 viewsElHoop

Two best batsmen back in the cell and they are minus 83 for 2.
Ashes Thread on 15:49 - Jul 30 with 2236 viewsjamois

Ashes Thread on 15:35 - Jul 30 by ElHoop

Two best batsmen back in the cell and they are minus 83 for 2.

But I'd sooner it was Rogers still in and not Warner. At least he scores more slowly.

Ashes Thread on 16:03 - Jul 30 with 2223 viewsBluce_Ree

Right. I don't entirely understand cricket but for some odd reason I do like following the scores during the day when The Ashes are on.

I've got questions.

Why were Australia way better than us in the second test and are now seemingly a bit worse? Is there any reason for this that you can pinpoint?

What makes a wicket better or worse? If the difference is down to bumpiness or something doesn't that affect both teams the same?

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Login to get fewer ads

Ashes Thread on 16:16 - Jul 30 with 2201 viewsconnell10

get in there!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Ashes Thread on 16:18 - Jul 30 with 2196 viewsqpr1976

Ashes Thread on 15:09 - Jul 30 by Discodroids

thought we were 3o runs short of a match winning lead of 175, would like to get at least 3 aussie wickets today. i reckon 60/40 in our favour.

just as well we have adam lyth in the side , anythings possible with this hybrid splice of desmond haynes and gordon greenidge.
[Post edited 30 Jul 2015 15:09]

How does 4 work for you DD ?
Ashes Thread on 16:26 - Jul 30 with 2168 viewsClive_Anderson

Ashes Thread on 16:03 - Jul 30 by Bluce_Ree

Right. I don't entirely understand cricket but for some odd reason I do like following the scores during the day when The Ashes are on.

I've got questions.

Why were Australia way better than us in the second test and are now seemingly a bit worse? Is there any reason for this that you can pinpoint?

What makes a wicket better or worse? If the difference is down to bumpiness or something doesn't that affect both teams the same?

Fark knows. Australia have gone from 820-10 in the last match to 200-14.

Even a much more difficult wicket doesn't really explain that.
Ashes Thread on 16:31 - Jul 30 with 2155 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Ashes Thread on 16:40 - Jul 30 with 2142 viewsdaveB

I've got questions.

England didn't play well in the second test, they are bowling much better in this one. Also Australia were patient in the 2nd test, left or blocked the good balls and scored off the poor ones. From ball one they have gone chasing after runs as they have got overly confident and in English conditions that always causes you problems.

Still wouldn't write them off though
Ashes Thread on 16:41 - Jul 30 with 2138 viewsrobith

I've got questions.

The wicket in the last test was quite slow (ball didn't come off the pitch very fast, not great carry through to the wicket keeper) so England bowled very disciplined but in a manner (outside off stump) that was easy for the Aus batsmen to accumulate runs. Conversely Aus then negated the pitch by bowling fuller and were able to rumble England out cheap by using their pace.

The pitch at Edgbaston has more carry, but the big effect was England got to bowl first in overcast conditions which are more conducive to swing. Having gotten through the top order (who scored big at Lords) they got at an inexperienced middle order early who played some terrible shots under pressure they weren't put under at Lords.

Tbh there isn't really a better or worse wicket, just how well you adapt to conditions - eg English pitches tend to do more off the seam so Jimmy was putting his fingers apart to wobble the seam and get variable bounce. A lot of Aussies are used to their harder tracks back home so they can't bounce people out as easily over here. Things that can alter the pitch are how green it is (grass on top) how dry it is (drier pitches crack more and offer more assistance later in the match to spinners a la the oval)
Ashes Thread on 16:43 - Jul 30 with 2135 viewsElHoop

Minus 53 for 5.

At this rate they won't knock off the minus.
Ashes Thread on 16:45 - Jul 30 with 2129 viewslondonscottish

Ashes Thread on 16:31 - Jul 30 by Metallica_Hoop

That's even better than DD's slinky going down the escalator.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Ashes Thread on 16:48 - Jul 30 with 2121 viewssimmo

2 day test match!

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Ashes Thread on 17:02 - Jul 30 with 2093 viewseastside_r

I've got questions.

Ozzie are all good and cocky when they are on top but can easily capitulate when they are losing.

In this series, it seems that whoever gets on top early on prevails. Although there are some envirnomental factors as others have mentioned.
Ashes Thread on 10:51 - Jul 31 with 1928 viewsjamois

Harsh news that Jimmy is out for Trent Bridge. I hope they don't just chuck Wood in to replace and go for more of a swing bowler on that pitch like Woakes or the lads from Derbyshire/Yorkshire.

As for this test, it aint over till the fat lady is singing and I don't hear even a whisper yet. Sunny weather and a decent pitch and we are a bowler short. I expect us to do it, but they could easily put some decent runs on the board yet.

Ashes Thread on 10:57 - Jul 31 with 1920 viewsElHoop

Ashes Thread on 10:51 - Jul 31 by jamois

Harsh news that Jimmy is out for Trent Bridge. I hope they don't just chuck Wood in to replace and go for more of a swing bowler on that pitch like Woakes or the lads from Derbyshire/Yorkshire.

As for this test, it aint over till the fat lady is singing and I don't hear even a whisper yet. Sunny weather and a decent pitch and we are a bowler short. I expect us to do it, but they could easily put some decent runs on the board yet.

It's set up for Oz to get some runs this morning - nice weather and a weakened attack. But even if they get 150 in front, I don't see it being enough. Over 200 and they'd be in with a chance - will be interesting anyway.

Would be funny if they batted through until tea and we come back tomorrow!
Ashes Thread on 11:15 - Jul 31 with 1905 viewsCamberleyR

If what they're saying about Anderson is true and it's a side strain then that's his season finished. You don't recover from those in a couple of weeks, they are six weeks minimum.

That moment when he pulled up yesterday could be as crucial as McGrath turning his ankle on a cricket ball in 2005.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Ashes Thread on 11:20 - Jul 31 with 1896 viewsJamie

Ashes Thread on 10:57 - Jul 31 by ElHoop

It's set up for Oz to get some runs this morning - nice weather and a weakened attack. But even if they get 150 in front, I don't see it being enough. Over 200 and they'd be in with a chance - will be interesting anyway.

Would be funny if they batted through until tea and we come back tomorrow!

With a 150 target, no Anderson and Adam 'c.Nevill' Lyth opening the batting, you are looking at all our top order getting a start which would certainly make you more confident than most.
Ashes Thread on 11:28 - Jul 31 with 1883 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Getting about a run a min!

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Ashes Thread on 11:33 - Jul 31 with 1871 viewsrunningman75

"Hoping for a good day of sport. First up an Ashes win at Edgbaston, then hopefully Moviesta can win at Goodwood this afternoon"- Harry Redknapp

If England lose this test it will be Arry's fault.
Ashes Thread on 11:34 - Jul 31 with 1866 viewsLewes_r

More worried about the hope this is giving their cnting bowlers than the actual runs

Poll: Who do we want down with us and Burnley?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024