Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Maybe we wont have to wait for deadline day after all... 15:32 - Jul 16 with 6551 viewsNorthamptonR

http://m.skysports.com/article/football//9914870
Maybe we wont have to wait for deadline day after all... on 15:52 - Jul 16 with 4585 viewsdanehoop

Ah, Skybet, always a reliable source of information with absolutely no vested interest in encouraging people to bet on stories which they have made up.

Never knowingly understood

Maybe we wont have to wait for deadline day after all... on 15:54 - Jul 16 with 4567 viewsBAWHoops

Maybe we wont have to wait for deadline day after all... on 15:52 - Jul 16 by danehoop

Ah, Skybet, always a reliable source of information with absolutely no vested interest in encouraging people to bet on stories which they have made up.

If there is no market then it can't exactly encourage people to bet

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Maybe we wont have to wait for deadline day after all... on 16:27 - Jul 16 with 4423 viewsdanehoop

Maybe we wont have to wait for deadline day after all... on 15:54 - Jul 16 by BAWHoops

If there is no market then it can't exactly encourage people to bet

Oh but there will be a market. Having put the story out about this being an almost dead cert, they will then start to take bets on it, before the story proves to have little basis in fact.

Maybe we wont have to wait for deadline day after all... on 16:34 - Jul 16 with 4362 viewsballbag

Betting suspended.
Maybe we wont have to wait for deadline day after all... on 16:39 - Jul 16 with 4316 viewsdaveB

I wish they'd stop pissing about and actually put a bid in for him
Maybe we wont have to wait for deadline day after all... on 17:07 - Jul 16 with 4190 viewsMarc

Looks to be happening
Maybe we wont have to wait for deadline day after all... on 17:10 - Jul 16 with 4157 viewsMarylandR

Looks to be a deal...this from the nowhere near offish twittah...

Maybe we wont have to wait for deadline day after all... on 17:12 - Jul 16 with 4151 viewsGloucs_R

Reading that Fer may be going to Toon too.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Login to get fewer ads

Maybe we wont have to wait for deadline day after all... on 17:13 - Jul 16 with 4131 viewsGloucs_R

Maybe we wont have to wait for deadline day after all... on 17:10 - Jul 16 by MarylandR

Looks to be a deal...this from the nowhere near offish twittah...

For anyone that doesnt know (just looked him up) he is the editor of ESPN

Maybe we wont have to wait for deadline day after all... on 17:18 - Jul 16 with 4102 viewsDWQPR

Maybe we wont have to wait for deadline day after all... on 17:12 - Jul 16 by Gloucs_R

Reading that Fer may be going to Toon too.

Bagsy I drive him up there.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Maybe we wont have to wait for deadline day after all... on 17:18 - Jul 16 with 4099 viewsMarylandR

Maybe we wont have to wait for deadline day after all... on 17:13 - Jul 16 by Gloucs_R

For anyone that doesnt know (just looked him up) he is the editor of ESPN

Yes, and here is the link to the story I saw about it...

http://www.squawka.com/news/journalist-claims-charlie-austin-to-newcastle-is-a-d
Maybe we wont have to wait for deadline day after all... on 17:24 - Jul 16 with 4062 viewsAntti_Heinola

It's not a done deal. If it was, Charlie would be in Newcastle wearing a No.9 shirt with his arm sound Schteve.
Why do journalists do this sh!t? (I know *why*, obviously, that was rhetorical). It's possible we've accepted a bid. It's possible Austin has agreed in principle. It is not, however, a 'done deal'.

Don't care where he goes as long as we get the asking price and £15m is a superb price if it happens. But I'm not sure going from one basket case to another is his best decision.

Bare bones.

Maybe we wont have to wait for deadline day after all... on 17:25 - Jul 16 with 4041 viewsdaveB

Hardly a done deal, Austin is in Italy and been asleep all afternoon according to his twitter page, all this probably means is Newcastle have finally actually made a real bid for him
Maybe we wont have to wait for deadline day after all... on 17:27 - Jul 16 with 4027 viewsGloucs_R

I quite like Newcastle...the city, the people, the club. If SM can bring in 5-6 good players I think they could be a top 10 team.

If Austin scores goals, he will be idolized up there.

Maybe we wont have to wait for deadline day after all... on 17:27 - Jul 16 with 4023 viewsAntti_Heinola

Maybe we wont have to wait for deadline day after all... on 17:25 - Jul 16 by daveB

Hardly a done deal, Austin is in Italy and been asleep all afternoon according to his twitter page, all this probably means is Newcastle have finally actually made a real bid for him

Keep up, Dave.

Bare bones.

Maybe we wont have to wait for deadline day after all... on 17:31 - Jul 16 with 3992 viewsMarc

Maybe we wont have to wait for deadline day after all... on 17:25 - Jul 16 by daveB

Austin enjoys being a WUM on twitter, wouldnt take that tweet seriously.
Maybe we wont have to wait for deadline day after all... on 17:32 - Jul 16 with 3978 viewsNorthernr

Maybe we wont have to wait for deadline day after all... on 17:27 - Jul 16 by Gloucs_R

I quite like Newcastle...the city, the people, the club. If SM can bring in 5-6 good players I think they could be a top 10 team.

If Austin scores goals, he will be idolized up there.

Yeh I'd be tempted to go up there if I was him. He'll play every week which means he'll score which means he'll be the new bloody messiah for them. Better for him, at this stage of his career, than going and sitting on the bench at Chelsea for a year - and a lot more palatable for us.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Maybe we wont have to wait for deadline day after all... on 17:34 - Jul 16 with 3961 viewsMarc

Maybe we wont have to wait for deadline day after all... on 17:32 - Jul 16 by Northernr

Yeh I'd be tempted to go up there if I was him. He'll play every week which means he'll score which means he'll be the new bloody messiah for them. Better for him, at this stage of his career, than going and sitting on the bench at Chelsea for a year - and a lot more palatable for us.

Gets to visit all those bridges people have been sending him pics of as well

win-win
Maybe we wont have to wait for deadline day after all... on 17:34 - Jul 16 with 3959 viewsGloucs_R

Maybe we wont have to wait for deadline day after all... on 17:32 - Jul 16 by Northernr

A bit like Les was.

Didnt he get 40 in 60 or something like that? Great player.

Maybe we wont have to wait for deadline day after all... on 17:35 - Jul 16 with 3944 viewsAntti_Heinola

I don't doubt that, but the atmosphere last season was toxic and I can't see McClaren turning that round very soon. If Newcastle do start winning the fans will return, but if it starts badly it could get really ugly up there next season.

Bare bones.

Maybe we wont have to wait for deadline day after all... on 17:49 - Jul 16 with 3801 viewsballbag

He could still fail the medical a la Hull.
Maybe we wont have to wait for deadline day after all... on 17:50 - Jul 16 with 3790 viewsBlue_Castello

Plenty of maybes at the moment......

The BBC are reporting that Liverpool are prepared to pay Villa £32.5 million for Benteke, if that happens then Timmy boy will need a good centre forward and presumably will be given some of that money to spend on a replacement.

Ps....it appears the most that can have happened at the moment is that Newcastle have finally put a bid on the table, maybe for the full asking price, that doesn't stop Timmy boy gazumping them with a £16 million offer, go on Tim you know you want to.......
[Post edited 16 Jul 2015 18:19]
Maybe we wont have to wait for deadline day after all... on 17:53 - Jul 16 with 3775 viewsdanehoop

Maybe we wont have to wait for deadline day after all... on 17:50 - Jul 16 by Blue_Castello

Plenty of maybes at the moment......

The BBC are reporting that Liverpool are prepared to pay Villa £32.5 million for Benteke, if that happens then Timmy boy will need a good centre forward and presumably will be given some of that money to spend on a replacement.

Ps....it appears the most that can have happened at the moment is that Newcastle have finally put a bid on the table, maybe for the full asking price, that doesn't stop Timmy boy gazumping them with a £16 million offer, go on Tim you know you want to.......
[Post edited 16 Jul 2015 18:19]

This is what I was thinking of as happening in the background.

Maybe we wont have to wait for deadline day after all... on 18:39 - Jul 16 with 3558 viewsessextaxiboy

His Wiki profile has been doctored already.

Was hoping all those pleading Geordies on Twitter would miss out
Maybe we wont have to wait for deadline day after all... on 18:45 - Jul 16 with 3520 viewsqueensparker

I think this could be a good move for him, they'll love his effort up there and McLaren knows how to play to his strengths.

Imagine Les will be recommending it to him as well

Good luck to him, would rather he sorted this out nice and early and allowed us to spunk the proceeds before the season starts for once
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024