Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
McCarthy to Palace looks a done deal 15:28 - Jul 21 with 16265 viewssdm1508

Seen a picture of him on twitter with Palace Officials at their offices. Shame as I thought he was going to be a good keeper for us. Really thought he should have been number 1 this season
McCarthy to Palace looks a done deal on 15:32 - Jul 21 with 5811 viewsblacky200

I agree that McCarthy should of been No 1 this season. Bad move by us to be getting rid of a player who could be with us for 10+ years for a player of a similar level who is on big money and mid thirties.
McCarthy to Palace looks a done deal on 15:44 - Jul 21 with 5741 viewseghamranger

McCarthy to Palace looks a done deal on 15:32 - Jul 21 by blacky200

I agree that McCarthy should of been No 1 this season. Bad move by us to be getting rid of a player who could be with us for 10+ years for a player of a similar level who is on big money and mid thirties.

Will only be as back up to Speroni next season.

Better get a decent back up in soon. The Southend keeper has a £1milluon release contract.
McCarthy to Palace looks a done deal on 15:52 - Jul 21 with 5657 viewspaulparker

McCarthy to Palace looks a done deal on 15:44 - Jul 21 by eghamranger

Will only be as back up to Speroni next season.

Better get a decent back up in soon. The Southend keeper has a £1milluon release contract.

Mmmmm not sure about that, Speroni has about 1 year left I reckon , Mcarthey will play games ,
Another bad mistake on our part, this lad had the potential to be a 10 million pound keeper

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

McCarthy to Palace looks a done deal on 15:58 - Jul 21 with 5628 viewsBklynRanger

We seemed to tie ourselves in knots over this one. Ramsey was very open early on that he hoped Green would stay, Green in turn was happy to stay, so we loose the keeper who you'd have thought would be with us for the next 3 or 4 years. Now we need to sort of start again and bring in another keeper who is young and raw enough to be satisfied to be a Number 2 but good enough to fill in for Green if and when needed. Tricky balance.
McCarthy to Palace looks a done deal on 15:59 - Jul 21 with 5621 viewsCroydonCaptJack

McCarthy to Palace looks a done deal on 15:52 - Jul 21 by paulparker

Mmmmm not sure about that, Speroni has about 1 year left I reckon , Mcarthey will play games ,
Another bad mistake on our part, this lad had the potential to be a 10 million pound keeper

I have a feeling we don't know the whole picture on this lad.
If there is a release clause at more than we paid for him I can't see that as being 'another bad mistake' particularly. I would question someone saying they don't like being a number two when they are going to a club to do exactly that. Speroni just signed a new deal I believe.
McCarthy to Palace looks a done deal on 16:02 - Jul 21 with 5594 viewsDWQPR

Green is still one of the best English keepers around and got called up twice to the England squad. For me the two times I saw McCarthy he looked pretty average and it should be noted that he let in 11 goals in his three games. Ok the defence wasn't great but Green had a lower goals per game ratio. Rather the club looked at this kid from Southend as an option. Far happier that Green stays as No.1.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

McCarthy to Palace looks a done deal on 16:03 - Jul 21 with 5562 viewseastside_r

How much did we pay for him?
McCarthy to Palace looks a done deal on 16:11 - Jul 21 with 5503 viewsqpr1976

Good price for a keeper who has been on the bench for 2 seasons. Reading found better and he conceeded 8 goals in the last 2 FULL games he played for us. I know he can't held responsible for all those goals, but he could have done better for a few of tgem.

Green is rightly our 1st choice IMO. He's made the last 3 England squads and despite his age, he was apparently of interest to the current Premier Leavue Champs. And the relegation clause in his contract suggests he'll be on less than last season.

Hopefully we'll insist on a sell on % or appearance clauses and then bring in a good young backup for Green to mentor. Not another Murphy though.
Login to get fewer ads

McCarthy to Palace looks a done deal on 16:12 - Jul 21 with 5497 viewsAntti_Heinola

McCarthy to Palace looks a done deal on 16:03 - Jul 21 by eastside_r

How much did we pay for him?

Less than we're selling him for.
not much we can do about this one sadly.

Well done Jamie for calling it weeks ago. I'm worried. That could mean Cotterill is our manager by Christmas.

Bare bones.

McCarthy to Palace looks a done deal on 16:12 - Jul 21 with 5494 viewsDesertBoot

Another angle I've heard is he would leave if we were relegated - number one keeper or not.

Wish I could be like David Watts

McCarthy to Palace looks a done deal on 16:17 - Jul 21 with 5464 viewsdaveB

club had no choice, he had a release clause. Shame as I rate him but he was poor on the rare occasion he played and Green did well so deserved his place. I think he should have stayed and fought for his place, not sure it will be any different for him at Palace.

i think he conceded 3 goals or more every time he started a game for us
[Post edited 21 Jul 2015 16:18]
McCarthy to Palace looks a done deal on 16:22 - Jul 21 with 5427 viewseghamranger

McCarthy to Palace looks a done deal on 16:17 - Jul 21 by daveB

club had no choice, he had a release clause. Shame as I rate him but he was poor on the rare occasion he played and Green did well so deserved his place. I think he should have stayed and fought for his place, not sure it will be any different for him at Palace.

Maybe I'm wrong, but Green and Speroni are both first choice keepers at their clubs and both have a year in their contracts left. He will be left to warm the bench somewhere. Clearly he chose palace as they are premier league and will pay him more. We will get £3.5 million for him, not paying his wages, which I'm sure will be a fair bit and will get a back up for decent money.

Move on!!!
McCarthy to Palace looks a done deal on 16:22 - Jul 21 with 5426 viewsballbag

Bring Radek Cerny back.
McCarthy to Palace looks a done deal on 16:23 - Jul 21 with 5411 viewsdanehoop

McCarthy to Palace looks a done deal on 16:12 - Jul 21 by Antti_Heinola

Well done Jamie for calling it weeks ago. I'm worried. That could mean Cotterill is our manager by Christmas.

Really? He has a release clause of £3.5M allegedly and we bought him for less than that.

Never knowingly understood

McCarthy to Palace looks a done deal on 16:26 - Jul 21 with 5382 viewswombat

McCarthy to Palace looks a done deal on 16:17 - Jul 21 by daveB

works for me , more money in the clubs coffers .

keeper out and the spurs full back in maybe ?

Poll: which is your favouite foot

McCarthy to Palace looks a done deal on 16:31 - Jul 21 with 5351 viewsMvpeter

Truly truly pathetic. Worst business of our summer by far if this happens.

Poll: Who should be our left back?

McCarthy to Palace looks a done deal on 16:32 - Jul 21 with 5346 viewswhittocksRs

Don't understand the logic behind this besides the cash. We should have said, 'thanks and now goodbye' to Green at the end of last season and told McCarthy the shirt was his to lose. Seems such short-term thinking.
McCarthy to Palace looks a done deal on 16:34 - Jul 21 with 5327 viewsAntti_Heinola

McCarthy to Palace looks a done deal on 16:31 - Jul 21 by Mvpeter

Truly truly pathetic. Worst business of our summer by far if this happens.

I think it's the worst piece of business in English football since 1990.
Can you beat that?

Bare bones.

McCarthy to Palace looks a done deal on 16:39 - Jul 21 with 5296 viewsBerkoRanger

Worst piece of business since we sold Phil Parkes to the hammers.....
McCarthy to Palace looks a done deal on 16:40 - Jul 21 with 5282 viewsJamie

McCarthy to Palace looks a done deal on 16:12 - Jul 21 by Antti_Heinola

You jest, and hopefully we eviscerate all before us and win the league at a canter, however should Rambo not be deemed our man, don't bet against Cotterill replacing him. There's an awful lot of goodwill for him at LR and had he chosen to stay on at the club he would almost certainly be in Rambo's position now.
McCarthy to Palace looks a done deal on 16:45 - Jul 21 with 5251 viewsMvpeter

McCarthy to Palace looks a done deal on 16:34 - Jul 21 by Antti_Heinola

I think it's the worst piece of business in English football since 1990.
Can you beat that?

You have an obsession.

Poll: Who should be our left back?

McCarthy to Palace looks a done deal on 16:48 - Jul 21 with 5219 viewsDiscodroids

slightly fcked off with this as i would have preferred Mcarthy to be our number one keeper thus displacing the aging carrion player whose wages must never be quoted( believed to be in excess of £250 per week) and who looks a bit like judith chalmers these days.

i like the way les and Johnny nelson are going about their work in the defensive department., the way things are shaping up with a few weeks to the start of the season with just green , furlong, yun, the brown bottle, ned and dear old clint still standing , i have every confidence that they to can be erdicated from the club and a jermery corbyn progressive 0-10-1 formation can be utilised for the first time in the football league.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

McCarthy to Palace looks a done deal on 16:56 - Jul 21 with 5185 viewswombat

McCarthy to Palace looks a done deal on 16:48 - Jul 21 by Discodroids

slightly fcked off with this as i would have preferred Mcarthy to be our number one keeper thus displacing the aging carrion player whose wages must never be quoted( believed to be in excess of £250 per week) and who looks a bit like judith chalmers these days.

i like the way les and Johnny nelson are going about their work in the defensive department., the way things are shaping up with a few weeks to the start of the season with just green , furlong, yun, the brown bottle, ned and dear old clint still standing , i have every confidence that they to can be erdicated from the club and a jermery corbyn progressive 0-10-1 formation can be utilised for the first time in the football league.

lol love some of these posts worst piece of business in ages , plenty of goalkeepers out there happy to sit on the bench and id guess mccarthy wasnt exacttly on a small wages in his time here either. saw him a couple of time and looked average at best big keeper who didnt command his area thanks but no thanks. move on find somebody else for less money and use the money from mccarthy to strengthen the defence

Poll: which is your favouite foot

McCarthy to Palace looks a done deal on 17:01 - Jul 21 with 5140 viewsstevec

McCarthy to Palace looks a done deal on 16:56 - Jul 21 by wombat

lol love some of these posts worst piece of business in ages , plenty of goalkeepers out there happy to sit on the bench and id guess mccarthy wasnt exacttly on a small wages in his time here either. saw him a couple of time and looked average at best big keeper who didnt command his area thanks but no thanks. move on find somebody else for less money and use the money from mccarthy to strengthen the defence

Yes, every time I saw him he looked a fumbler.

I don't get this anti-Green stuff, the bloke is a top class keeper.
McCarthy to Palace looks a done deal on 17:02 - Jul 21 with 5134 viewscollegeranger

Agreed - Wasn't impressed when he did play - distribution was criticised at Reading. Had a buy out clause and has probably made the whole episode cash neutral for us. Good Luck to him if he wants another year of 2nd row seat at most Prem games next season at 30K a week! Rather have Green and a younger and cheaper alternative on the bench than McCarthy.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024