Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Austin and his move 20:35 - Aug 22 with 37604 viewsdannyblue

I think the fact nobody has come in with £15m has surprised and hurt Charlie. So too has Hodgson's refusal to give him a cap, unlike cultural insensitive Vardy. Charlie's reaction to Sullivan suggests someone who feels he's being under appreciated. I think that today he seemed to be trying to prove that he can contribute outside the box and is more than just a goalscorer. I've never seen him come so deep so often, and much of the time Massimo was playing beyond him. Charlie did really well for the first and second goals.

Today it was almost like he's had a conversation with Chris Ramsay and they've agreed that to get the move he wants, he should play deeper and demonstrate that he's not just a finisher, and that he can have an impact without playing alongside a target man.

The thing I rate most about Charlie is that he always improves. Every time he's faced a step up, it might take him a few games, but he's made it. Today suggests that he can become more than a finisher.

Also, I was surprised to read in the press suggestions that he's only looking for £45k a week after his move. If that's true, he might be better off letting his contract run down with us and proving the doubters wrong about how he can play. Bearing in mind that £15m is the equivalent of about £300k per week, on a free transfer he should be able to command a lot more than £45k, especially if he's fit for the season and shows people he can be effective as a lone striker and outside the box.

If he stays or goes, good luck to him.
Austin and his move on 10:06 - Aug 24 with 3147 viewsrobith

Austin and his move on 14:23 - Aug 23 by Match82

I think I heard on the comms that this is exactly what Ramsey said to him (come deep, showcase whole set of skills etc)

In which case, fair play to Charlie for doing exactly what was asked.

With Chery, Luongo and Philips it's also the first time in a while he's had players running beyond him, which has allowed him to come deep and then have space to run back into
Austin and his move on 11:10 - Aug 24 with 3080 viewsJonDoeman

Thought Villa were getting him. Chaz to Villa ?

It Is What It Is !!

Austin and his move on 11:23 - Aug 24 with 3062 viewsadhoc_qpr

Austin and his move on 11:10 - Aug 24 by JonDoeman

Thought Villa were getting him. Chaz to Villa ?

Austin didn't want to go north or to a team that was a likely relegation struggler - that would rule out almost everyone but Spurs and Palace now.
Austin and his move on 11:24 - Aug 24 with 3052 viewsfrancisbowles

Austin and his move on 10:06 - Aug 24 by robith

With Chery, Luongo and Philips it's also the first time in a while he's had players running beyond him, which has allowed him to come deep and then have space to run back into

Agreed and it is good for him as it keeps him involved, working and thinking, staying sharp and focused. It helps to minimise the frustration of the lone striker role.

We have see him frustrated and in conversation with the bench on a number of occasions, even against Rotherham, so this is an especially important at present as understandably there are numerous distractions.
Austin and his move on 11:30 - Aug 24 with 3035 viewsGloucs_R

Sorry, just started another thread...no need to.

Anyone else think Charlie will go to Palace in exchange for Gayle, Guedioura and some cash?

Poll: Are we staying up?

Austin and his move on 11:32 - Aug 24 with 3028 viewsJonDoeman

Austin and his move on 11:30 - Aug 24 by Gloucs_R

Anyone else think Charlie will go to Palace in exchange for Gayle, Guedioura and some cash?

Sorry just had a pop at you for it! ;)

It Is What It Is !!

Austin and his move on 11:35 - Aug 24 with 3013 viewsBromleyHoop

I've always thought if he went anywhere he'd go to Palace. It's not too far from his Wokingham home. I think Palace are close to, or have got shot of Glen Murray, they want shot of Gayle and Charlie'd have a field day on the end of crosses from Puncheon, Zaha and Bolasie.

Poll: Who is your player of the season

Austin and his move on 11:39 - Aug 24 with 2991 viewsGloucs_R

Austin and his move on 11:32 - Aug 24 by JonDoeman

Sorry just had a pop at you for it! ;)

Forgiven

Login to get fewer ads

Austin and his move on 11:41 - Aug 24 with 2977 viewsVancouverHoop

Cash plus player deals are hard to pull off these days. Would Gayle, or any player, be willing to drop a division? It would be a very difficult package to put together, especially with only a week left in the deadline.
Austin and his move on 11:44 - Aug 24 with 2967 viewsfakekerby

Austin and his move on 11:30 - Aug 24 by Gloucs_R

I'd be delighted (relatively speaking as i'd rather Austin stayed) with 10 mil plus Gayle or 12-13 plus Murray.

Both very capable of 20-30 goals and spearheading our impressive attack.
Austin and his move on 11:52 - Aug 24 with 2931 viewsAntti_Heinola

I like Gayle, but is he the right player for this formation? Not sure he is. Needs someone with more presence.

Bare bones.

Austin and his move on 11:55 - Aug 24 with 2910 viewsPunteR

Austin and his move on 11:52 - Aug 24 by Antti_Heinola

I like Gayle, but is he the right player for this formation? Not sure he is. Needs someone with more presence.

Santa Claus?

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Austin and his move on 11:58 - Aug 24 with 2896 viewsGloucs_R

Austin and his move on 11:55 - Aug 24 by PunteR

Santa Claus?

Austin and his move on 12:25 - Aug 24 with 2846 viewsAntti_Heinola

Santa Claus?

Yeah good luck with his wage demands. Plus, he won't be available for the busy Christmas period.

Bare bones.

Austin and his move on 12:51 - Aug 24 with 2786 viewsFredManRave

Santa Claus?

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Austin and his move on 12:53 - Aug 24 with 2631 viewsJonDoeman

Austin and his move on 11:52 - Aug 24 by Antti_Heinola

Reckon he sees himself as a prem player now anyway, & won't drop down . Glen Murray is the striker I'd take of them.

It Is What It Is !!

Austin and his move on 13:01 - Aug 24 with 2603 viewsDorse

Austin and his move on 12:51 - Aug 24 by FredManRave

That's clearly one of the Seven Dwarves. Either Lazy or Dopey. Possibly both.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Austin and his move on 13:03 - Aug 24 with 2592 viewswombat

Austin and his move on 12:53 - Aug 24 by JonDoeman

Reckon he sees himself as a prem player now anyway, & won't drop down . Glen Murray is the striker I'd take of them.

Murray is the one who fits the present formation , decent hold up play scores goals not sure we could persuade him to drop down a division though
prob a loan deal for a season if it was to happen

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Austin and his move on 13:08 - Aug 24 with 2577 viewsJonDoeman

Austin and his move on 13:03 - Aug 24 by wombat

Murray is the one who fits the present formation , decent hold up play scores goals not sure we could persuade him to drop down a division though
prob a loan deal for a season if it was to happen

At his age I think he might drop down if he thought he wasn't going to play much , & he was behind Austin & Wickham.

It Is What It Is !!

Austin and his move on 13:12 - Aug 24 with 2561 viewswombat

Austin and his move on 13:08 - Aug 24 by JonDoeman

At his age I think he might drop down if he thought he wasn't going to play much , & he was behind Austin & Wickham.

how olds murray then ? thought he was late twentys at most

Austin and his move on 13:17 - Aug 24 with 2540 viewsPommyhoop

Austin and his move on 13:12 - Aug 24 by wombat

how olds murray then ? thought he was late twentys at most

one month shy of 32.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Austin and his move on 13:24 - Aug 24 with 2513 viewseghamranger

Austin and his move on 13:17 - Aug 24 by Pommyhoop

one month shy of 32.

Norwich just made a bid for him. Can't see him dropping to the championship. Shame though
Austin and his move on 15:00 - Aug 24 with 2413 viewswombat

Austin and his move on 13:24 - Aug 24 by eghamranger

Norwich just made a bid for him. Can't see him dropping to the championship. Shame though

bid for who Murray or austin ?

Austin and his move on 17:43 - Aug 24 with 2286 viewsHanwellHoop

agree with most of this

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33991435
Austin and his move on 17:52 - Aug 24 with 2247 viewsWilloW4

Austin and his move on 12:53 - Aug 24 by JonDoeman

Charlie lives near me, (but in the posh bit), his wife was sitting next to my cousin today in local rub a dub, she was overheard to say.." We want to stay as local as we can, we're happy here".. So QPR, or palace or Southampton then.. I've always thought saints would be a good fit.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024