Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Austin and his move 20:35 - Aug 22 with 37601 viewsdannyblue

I think the fact nobody has come in with £15m has surprised and hurt Charlie. So too has Hodgson's refusal to give him a cap, unlike cultural insensitive Vardy. Charlie's reaction to Sullivan suggests someone who feels he's being under appreciated. I think that today he seemed to be trying to prove that he can contribute outside the box and is more than just a goalscorer. I've never seen him come so deep so often, and much of the time Massimo was playing beyond him. Charlie did really well for the first and second goals.

Today it was almost like he's had a conversation with Chris Ramsay and they've agreed that to get the move he wants, he should play deeper and demonstrate that he's not just a finisher, and that he can have an impact without playing alongside a target man.

The thing I rate most about Charlie is that he always improves. Every time he's faced a step up, it might take him a few games, but he's made it. Today suggests that he can become more than a finisher.

Also, I was surprised to read in the press suggestions that he's only looking for £45k a week after his move. If that's true, he might be better off letting his contract run down with us and proving the doubters wrong about how he can play. Bearing in mind that £15m is the equivalent of about £300k per week, on a free transfer he should be able to command a lot more than £45k, especially if he's fit for the season and shows people he can be effective as a lone striker and outside the box.

If he stays or goes, good luck to him.
Austin and his move on 14:30 - Sep 1 with 2929 viewsNorthernr

Austin and his move on 14:15 - Sep 1 by paulparker

id rather we sold him for 8-10 million than him walking off with out us getting a bean
but hey ho , lets hope he signs a contract (unlikely) and we go up again,
if we keep Green, Phillips, Austin , then Ramsey has got one of the best squads in the division

I suspect Lee Hoos is going to need a stiff drink if we're selling nobody.
Don't agree on rather selling him now for £8m (nearly half his value) just to get something for him. Firstly, because he's worth more to us in the team this year than £8m. Secondly, because in a window where James Chester and Jonny Evans have cost £8m, £8m for Charlie Austin is a total fcking piss take. And thirdly because if our new 'model' is scouting and buying low to sell on high later, it's important we put a line in the sand now about how we'll conduct ourselves during a sale. If we roll over for £8m after saying £15m all summer on Austin, we can expect and will deserve a pillaging in the last hour of every summer transfer window. May make us a quick quid now but it will cost us further down the line when we come to sell Chery, Luongo etc.
Austin and his move on 14:33 - Sep 1 with 2888 viewsGetMeRangers

Austin and his move on 14:30 - Sep 1 by Northernr

Don't agree on rather selling him now for £8m (nearly half his value) just to get something for him. Firstly, because he's worth more to us in the team this year than £8m. Secondly, because in a window where James Chester and Jonny Evans have cost £8m, £8m for Charlie Austin is a total fcking piss take. And thirdly because if our new 'model' is scouting and buying low to sell on high later, it's important we put a line in the sand now about how we'll conduct ourselves during a sale. If we roll over for £8m after saying £15m all summer on Austin, we can expect and will deserve a pillaging in the last hour of every summer transfer window. May make us a quick quid now but it will cost us further down the line when we come to sell Chery, Luongo etc.

Think PP meant in Jan, not now
Austin and his move on 14:35 - Sep 1 with 2847 viewsNorthernr

Austin and his move on 14:33 - Sep 1 by GetMeRangers

Think PP meant in Jan, not now

Ah ok, even so I'd only do that if we were nowhere near contention.
Austin and his move on 14:40 - Sep 1 with 2753 viewsGetMeRangers

Austin and his move on 14:35 - Sep 1 by Northernr

I think if we are nowhere near contention, either Chaz is injured or goals have dried up. Similarly, Hoos would be pushing to get rid in that case

I can imagine Chaz wanting to stay the season for financial reasons as well as another possible promotion, if we are in contention
Austin and his move on 14:41 - Sep 1 with 2739 viewsJonDoeman

Austin and his move on 10:30 - Sep 1 by adhoc_qpr

On that point, if he doesn't get his move he is going to be incredibly fired up to prove people wrong!

If he stays, that could be very good for us.

Also he'll have his pick of clubs next summer and get a hefty signing fee, so staying wouldn't be the worst thing for him.

It's just the England selection that's the problem - but if Woy already rates the xenophobic Vardy above him that doesn't bode well anyway.

Yeah the good news for us is he'll have the bit between his teeth .

We'll have half a chance if Ramsey can stop the leaking.

It Is What It Is !!

Austin and his move on 14:46 - Sep 1 with 2663 viewsbosh67

The other thing is if anyone outside London wants him at this stage they have to shift to get him to the ground and get the medical done.

The other thing that isn't a done deal is that Charlie would pass a medical anywhere else. In the Prem he may not these days.

The intelligent thing for us would be to offer him a 1-2 year contract extension and that at least puts off people trying to get him on a free as they watch his contract run down. He's still only 26. 27 or 28 are going to be when he may well have his best few years.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Austin and his move on 14:47 - Sep 1 with 2662 viewsBerkoRanger

Austin and his move on 14:41 - Sep 1 by JonDoeman

And Angella has just signed so that'll help!
Austin and his move on 14:49 - Sep 1 with 2637 viewspaulparker

Austin and his move on 14:35 - Sep 1 by Northernr

Problem With The Championship is that even if your not in the top 6 by xmas you can still go up with a decent run
with Austin & co staying that puts the pressure on Ramsey now to deliver, the stakes have been raised and the fanbase will expect top 6 me thinks
he has spent money and now has a top squad for the championship
if we have a terrible season and austin walks away how would we feel then, we may be saying in hindsight we should have got 10 million
or if we have a great run until january and then sell Austin and it goes t1ts up then the pitchforks may well come out
intresting times

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Login to get fewer ads

Austin and his move on 14:54 - Sep 1 with 2569 viewsWeaverQPR

I'm sorry but you can't use that consolidation line anymore, not with this squad.

@WeavQPR

Austin and his move on 14:55 - Sep 1 with 2552 viewsadhoc_qpr

Getting Angella in would surely help that, plus give us a ball playing centre back to link with Faurlin/Tozser/Luongo.

Assume we don't need to get that done today though if it's only a loan initially?

I'm not sure if the prem clubs weren't really interested (2 bids for Austin and 1 for Phillips was it?) or if maybe our increasingly good start to the season had led to a rethink about the prospect of a promotion tilt?

We've certainly tried to pro-actively offload Sandro, Fer, Hoillett and Traore.
Austin and his move on 14:55 - Sep 1 with 2551 viewswombat

Austin and his move on 14:49 - Sep 1 by paulparker

Problem With The Championship is that even if your not in the top 6 by xmas you can still go up with a decent run
with Austin & co staying that puts the pressure on Ramsey now to deliver, the stakes have been raised and the fanbase will expect top 6 me thinks
if we have a terrible season and austin walks away how would we feel then, we may be saying in hindsight we should have got 10 million
or if we have a great run until january and then sell Austin and it goes t1ts up then the pitchforks may well come out
intresting times

great news if him and phillips both stay , still need another striker to come in though

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Austin and his move on 14:56 - Sep 1 with 2537 viewskingsburyR

If the big two stay then I would expect top 4 minimum.

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Austin and his move on 14:56 - Sep 1 with 2528 viewsessextaxiboy

intresting times

There were no caveats when 95% of this board said they hoped for consolidation a few weeks ago and a handful said avoiding relegation was acceptable .
Austin and his move on 14:58 - Sep 1 with 2507 views1BobbyHazell

intresting times

Some might expect top 6, but hopefully many won't.

As for the pitchforks, they've already been out 1 month into the season! Can't see much changing there.

I see he's now 5-1 on to stay and I'd like to thank whoever it was that advised he was 8-1 a few days ago as it encouraged me to get on (only got 7-2).
Austin and his move on 14:59 - Sep 1 with 2493 viewssimmo

"We'll have half a chance if Ramsey can continue doing what we're doing".

Fixed it for you mate.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Austin and his move on 15:08 - Sep 1 with 2374 viewsNW10Hoop

Austin and his move on 14:30 - Sep 1 by Northernr

Spot on.

If we are to use the transfer market effectively as part of the business model, then we can't be paying over the odds for other teams' cast offs, and we can't give the impression that we NEED the cash from every outgoing if we are to achieve the best transfer fees. Sticking to our guns on Austin and Phillips' value is a start.
Austin and his move on 15:13 - Sep 1 with 2328 viewspaulparker

Austin and his move on 14:56 - Sep 1 by essextaxiboy

There were no caveats when 95% of this board said they hoped for consolidation a few weeks ago and a handful said avoiding relegation was acceptable .

that was assuming that Green, Phillips & Austin were off
you have to say now Essex that we have one if not the best squad in this division,
Consolidation wont cut it , IF big IF that squad stays together
Ramsey IMHO, now has the pressure to get us top 6

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Austin and his move on 15:23 - Sep 1 with 2233 viewsMytch_QPR

BBC now reporting a possible swap for Cisse from Newcastle. Not got much time!...

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

Austin and his move on 15:23 - Sep 1 with 2231 viewsDevonWhite

Austin and his move on 15:24 - Sep 1 with 2219 viewsBoroughQPR

Charlie just tweeted this:
🔵⚪️🔵⚪️ #9 #QPR big season ahead
3:19pm - 1 Sep 15

Staying??
Austin and his move on 15:24 - Sep 1 with 2219 viewsRANGERS4EVER

He is staying! What a deal

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

Austin and his move on 15:24 - Sep 1 with 2214 viewsMaggsinho

Austin and his move on 15:23 - Sep 1 by DevonWhite

He retweeted the Sam Wallace story about him staying too.
Austin and his move on 15:26 - Sep 1 with 2159 viewsessextaxiboy

Austin and his move on 15:13 - Sep 1 by paulparker

that was assuming that Green, Phillips & Austin were off
you have to say now Essex that we have one if not the best squad in this division,
Consolidation wont cut it , IF big IF that squad stays together
Ramsey IMHO, now has the pressure to get us top 6

Just seems like the goalposts are moving PP . As I say no caveats were mentioned .

Anything less than the playoffs and the blokes a t*sser again ? .

No one is spitting their dummy out to go , I think that speaks volumes for the new set up
Austin and his move on 15:28 - Sep 1 with 2118 views2Thomas2Bowles

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Austin and his move on 15:30 - Sep 1 with 2046 viewsBerkoRanger

Enormous credit to Sir Les and Chris. Whoohoo!!!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024