Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chris Ramsey - Clueless? Stubborn? Or both? 23:10 - Aug 25 with 20547 viewsLblock

So Benny the Super Yoof coach has deigned that the club will religiously play 4-3-2-1 or 4-3-3
Clearly this system can work if your full backs are quality and the midfield 3 work like Trojans plus have pace and physique.

Now sometimes you'll come up against spirited well drilled sides who may play 3-5-2 and work their nads off. A team like maybe Carlisle.

So if your midfielders and front three include:
A lazy fooker like JET
The total plank who is WC rotating with the aforementioned JET and running into players like a bluebottle on a double glazed window
An immobile poor player like Oscar Goeburn
A raw and rash player like Doughty
A right footed striker Reece-Cox playing left of the 2 / 3

....then I'm sorry but you're going to be in trouble
I don't blame the players except JET, all the rest did actually try (although Doughty allowed their player to completely lose him for the second).
It's embarrassing that our players, no matter age or experience, could not make Benny the Super Yoof Coach's system work but like I say I don't blame them, the man in the straight jacket set them up and they're not suited to it.
He doggedly refused to acknowledge that Polter was being eaten up by Carlisles three and when he did win aimless punts he was isolated. On re-starts Carlisles 3 simply stretched our front 3 out, sucked Polter in by a player dropping into each full back position and then our midfielders got caught betwixt and between leaving Carlisles 5 man midfield to dominate and move play up or choose to use the flanks where our fullbacks had no protection at all.

Benny only unfolded his arms to replace line for like subs and I could not believe he left John Thomas on -- Furlong looked awful as he had nothing in front of him helping
(Note - I acknowledge John got the goal via a keeper error and did actually run at Carlisle 4 of 5 times but the man is a liability defensively and is deceptively slow). I'd of matched Carlisle up (embarrassing but needed) and maybe actually taken the game to them a bit more. The players don't look like they believe in Benny or his ideas, that or they are confused. I do also wonder if the word I heard tonight that Benny has developed a very aloof manner since appointed has any weight -- it would explain a lot about the man.

Okay we lost again to a lower league team in the cup. I'm somewhat used to that. I'm more concerned at yet another brace conceded and how Benny's stubborn inflexible approach and, to coin his phrase "game management" will play out to December.
Once Austin and Phillips go we have a big issue. If I was Bungle and is just banked c£23mill for those two I'd need convincing that targets to replace them are more Chery than JET. Not sure I'd let our novices loose with anymore change in their pockets, but what to do?!?!?

Three year contracts are a wonderful thing aren't they?

I hear all the usual guff about time needed, that fcukin "gel" word and all that; but I've seen nothing from Benny to convince me he's the man to steady this peddlo or find still waters. He has shown me ineptitude, stubbornness, a bit of an old boys favour approach and also is so negative in persona it's unreal

Buckle up you bitches, this could get bumpy

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Chris Ramsey - Clueless? Stubborn? Or both? on 10:12 - Aug 26 with 2064 viewsTheBlob

Chris Ramsey - Clueless? Stubborn? Or both? on 10:06 - Aug 26 by ElHoop

Precisely. It's like buying tickets for say the Arctic Monkeys, and an unrehearsed tribute band shows up singing Abba songs. They should make these games 'free if we lose' and even then it's a waste of time

I've had some of that.Paid good money to see Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac nce and f*cking T Rex showed up instead.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Chris Ramsey - Clueless? Stubborn? Or both? on 10:17 - Aug 26 with 2047 viewsjohncharles

Chris Ramsey - Clueless? Stubborn? Or both? on 08:02 - Aug 26 by CroydonCaptJack

Why does anyone who challenges OPs like this get accused of saying Ramsay is doing a fantastic job?
There is middle ground you know.

I'm backing Ramsey because he's QPR's manager and I like the way the first team is shaping up.
HOWEVER,
He got this one horribly wrong. I said before the game that a mini cup run would do wonders for the morale of the team and the fans. The opposite is true. We got dumped on our arse, at home, by Carlise.
Demoralising.

Strong and stable my arse.

Chris Ramsey - Clueless? Stubborn? Or both? on 10:28 - Aug 26 with 2021 viewsElHoop

Chris Ramsey - Clueless? Stubborn? Or both? on 10:12 - Aug 26 by TheBlob

I've had some of that.Paid good money to see Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac nce and f*cking T Rex showed up instead.

Sounds like we were more of the herbivore variety last night though.

Chris Ramsey - Clueless? Stubborn? Or both? on 10:33 - Aug 26 with 2009 viewsAntti_Heinola

Great to see LBlock back! You've been quiet mate! Been on your hols?

Bare bones.

Chris Ramsey - Clueless? Stubborn? Or both? on 10:44 - Aug 26 with 1972 viewsTheBlob

Pray tell,how can these wholesale changes promote cohesion?In the "good old days" two games a week seemed to be the norm and you changed things owing to injury or severe fukkupedness,don't tell me the players can't keep up with added cup games with modern nutrition and sheeeit.

Chris Ramsey - Clueless? Stubborn? Or both? on 10:51 - Aug 26 with 1961 viewsLblock

Chris Ramsey - Clueless? Stubborn? Or both? on 10:33 - Aug 26 by Antti_Heinola

Great to see LBlock back! You've been quiet mate! Been on your hols?

Antti, Antti, Antti... My dear boy I've always been here, waiting for your knee jerks and your sarcastic vinegar wit donchyaknow?

My opinion is steadfast - Benny is a probably thoroughly lovely man and great yoot team coach promoted out of his depth. The Championship is a slog. We know that. I just do not see Benny assembling a squad or with the tactical nous to see us through the season with pride intact
I hope I'm wrong I really do. I'm more than happy to place myself in the stocks while the rotten fruit is thrown. My recent sword falling involved Ned after he turned my steadfast criticism on its head; Christ my opinion was wrong on him big style and all those who said it was because he was being played out of position were right.

I'll take my leave and bid you who laud Sir Benny a fond au revoir on this one. We'll return to this in November and appraise the situation then (apart from any woeful surrenders that see me drunk and in reaching distance of a keyboard). Let's hope I look a mug and we are top 6 playing decent footy, grinding out points when required and spreading joy and mirth in W12

Peace and love brothers and sisters

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Chris Ramsey - Clueless? Stubborn? Or both? on 10:54 - Aug 26 with 1951 viewsThe_Mole

Chris Ramsey - Clueless? Stubborn? Or both? on 00:22 - Aug 26 by PunteR

Keep cool coolranger.
Its a crap result but you cant blame Ramsey. He gave the kids a chance. We didn't play our best players,if we did we probably would have won.
Capital one cup isn't priority.

I'm not sure if I'm missing something here, but why isn't the Capital One and FA Cup our priority?

The majority on here bemoan the Premiershite and how we (as fans) are fed up watching our side loose every week. Fans and members of the club have said the aim is to build on what we have, which might take a few years before we return to the big time. With that in mind, what is our goal then - to finish mid table every year in a mediocre championship, or at least put out a decent side and give these cup games a go? If we had the starting 11 from Saturday playing, then we could argue we were beaten by a better side and an upset has occurred but all too often we play a young, inexperienced team, who only play together in training and then wonder why we've been dumped out in the early stages yet again!
Chris Ramsey - Clueless? Stubborn? Or both? on 10:55 - Aug 26 with 1949 viewsJamie

Chris Ramsey - Clueless? Stubborn? Or both? on 09:56 - Aug 26 by TheBlob

If that was the case shame he didn't announce his intentions before the game and save the poor boobs who shelled out hard earned money from going to that charade.

You didn't genuinely expect to see the likes of Austin, Faurlin, Onouha, Green being played against Carlisle??
Login to get fewer ads

Chris Ramsey - Clueless? Stubborn? Or both? on 11:04 - Aug 26 with 1922 viewsJonDoeman

Chris Ramsey - Clueless? Stubborn? Or both? on 09:56 - Aug 26 by TheBlob

If that was the case shame he didn't announce his intentions before the game and save the poor boobs who shelled out hard earned money from going to that charade.

A poor boob indeed , if you couldn't see that one coming!

just watched the highlights, they were 2 great chances Hoilett missed.

It Is What It Is !!

Chris Ramsey - Clueless? Stubborn? Or both? on 11:07 - Aug 26 with 1913 viewsJonDoeman

Chris Ramsey - Clueless? Stubborn? Or both? on 10:12 - Aug 26 by TheBlob

That does sound a bummer! I doubt there was anyone not expecting a 2nd string side last night tho. We don't do the cup.

It Is What It Is !!

Chris Ramsey - Clueless? Stubborn? Or both? on 11:27 - Aug 26 with 1867 viewsScubaHoop

Chris Ramsey - Clueless? Stubborn? Or both? on 09:53 - Aug 26 by Discodroids

Has any one developed, or indeed debunked , the right wing fascist theory and its Intrinsic relation to Chris ramseys detractors, put forward by Ramsey supporters, that i witnessed In sporadic fashion on a thread a couple of weeks ago in my self imposed exile ?? .

It certainly holds as much water as old vi's colostomy bag, as does that scientific axiom that you have to be a labour voter to support QPR thesis, that I have also encountered on this portal.

Chris Ramseys Power rankings are based on a hi-tech proprietary algorithm that remains the intellectual property of Discodroid Power Rankings Inc.

Any effort to simplify its inner workings for the layman by labeling us holocaust deniers if we voice our displeasure at Ramsey for continuing to DepLoy the anomloy Karl henry, and signs such utter sacks of fackn shit as oscar gobern, would be doing MY "Techspert Team" a great injustice (BTW if you have a PHD i, n Computational Science or Predictive Analytics please do drop me a PM, Im always looking for new staff).

Thank you.
[Post edited 26 Aug 2015 9:58]

Nope, got no idea what you're saying, I was with you right up to the word 'Has', then you completely lost me.
Chris Ramsey - Clueless? Stubborn? Or both? on 11:55 - Aug 26 with 1811 viewsDiscodroids

Chris Ramsey - Clueless? Stubborn? Or both? on 11:27 - Aug 26 by ScubaHoop

Nope, got no idea what you're saying, I was with you right up to the word 'Has', then you completely lost me.

Thats most unfortunate. One does what one can when working within the sphere, and indeed, parameters of this message board.Thank you for taking an interest and the time to comment.

comments like this are the lifeblood, The Very Spice , to the continual growth of this board.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Chris Ramsey - Clueless? Stubborn? Or both? on 11:57 - Aug 26 with 1817 viewsAntti_Heinola

Chris Ramsey - Clueless? Stubborn? Or both? on 06:16 - Aug 26 by Lblock

Okay. So let me get this right. Benny is doing a fantastic job because in its early stages we're 6th in the league

So everybody's happy with:-
Benny's fizzle out end to our Premiership tenure and the football we played
The terrible pre-season we've had yet again
The capitulation against Charlton 2nd half
Throwing away a lucky two goal lead against the Taffs
Almost doing exactly the same against the mighty Rotherham
Last nights embarrassing display to Keith the Tactician Curle's world beating Carlisle

A common theme throughout the above has been Benny's inability to react to situations and inflexibility of team set ups. He doggedly persists with the shape he wants to play despite what's unfolding in front of him.
The players look unfit, lethargic or simply demotivated in large spells of games -- not at all times, which is odd.
His substitutions, or lack of them at times, make little or no sense and never seem to change the game in our favour.

The backstop to this is he's clearly a part of Bungle & Co.'s new ethos of football on the cheap. I never agreed with the millions being lavished and thought it scandalous that a club like ours should be spending £12mill on Samba and that's all come home to roost. If you're going down a consolidation and buy stop gaps / ones for the future route then backing the cheap option for 1st team manager was the wrong choice. Ramsey has a proven track record of being a man in the background developing players and pushing their cause for the 1st team squad. He has no match day experience and it shows up large. This means we've a double problem as we clearly need a man with his expertise at the club but we'll lose him when the inevitable axe swings. Typical QPR proactive planning

So you may think I'm talking shite or over reacting off the back of yet another pathetic cup exit (I'm not by the way -- only got ticket last night as cheap and may need loyalty points for away games); that's fine. Just show me where I'm wrong and I should be confident Benny is the man for the next 2 years and 7 months?
Please don't use victories against Yeovil and mighty Rotherham as the foundation of your reason though!!

Is everything black and white in your world, Lofty (sorry, just thought I'd give you a hilarious nickname related to a soap simpleton).

I don't think anyone's 'happy' with poor results and a poor pre-season. I think most people are pragmatic about the back-end of last season. But if you are serious that the only way you can be 'happy' with a manager, is when nothing ever goes wrong and we never lose a game, and we never throw away a lead (as Kenny Jackett's team did against us, by the way - and Ken is far from a tactical idiot) then, really, you better stop watching football.

I don't think anyone, ever has said Ramsey is doing a 'fantastic' job. Where are you getting this utter sh!t from? You know it is possible to have a viewpoint that is somewhere between: 'this is all fantastic!' and 'get him out now, he's a clown, and he wears a hat like a soap character from the 80s, get him out the useless tw@t!' There is a massive, massive middle ground there. Which most sensible, lucid people occupy.

If you think we're doing this on the cheap, you have no grasp of economics whatsoever. Congrats.

And by the way, a year ago, ManUtd lost 4-0. At home. To a league one side. Their manager? Louis van Gaal.
[Post edited 26 Aug 2015 11:59]

Bare bones.

Chris Ramsey - Clueless? Stubborn? Or both? on 12:06 - Aug 26 with 1787 viewsScubaHoop

Chris Ramsey - Clueless? Stubborn? Or both? on 11:55 - Aug 26 by Discodroids

Thats most unfortunate. One does what one can when working within the sphere, and indeed, parameters of this message board.Thank you for taking an interest and the time to comment.

comments like this are the lifeblood, The Very Spice , to the continual growth of this board.

Without feedback how can you hope to grow? I'm happy you're happy. Smiley face emoji.
Chris Ramsey - Clueless? Stubborn? Or both? on 12:11 - Aug 26 with 1755 viewsR_from_afar

Chris Ramsey - Clueless? Stubborn? Or both? on 23:41 - Aug 25 by coolranger

My feeling on this?

He is out of his depth.

Hang on. It's a squad game. The league season is a marathon and Ramsey needs to find a way of giving those outside the first choice 11 game time. He will need the fringe players to play some league games at some point, unless we are phenomenally lucky with injuries and suspensions.

Last night was a good chance to do that plus it gave some of the first choice players a rest. I think it was a sensible plan. I would've loved to see us win the game and you can argue that our second string should've done just that but I think Ramsey's approach made sense. it's all opinions though, I suppose.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Chris Ramsey - Clueless? Stubborn? Or both? on 12:19 - Aug 26 with 1741 viewsR_from_afar

Chris Ramsey - Clueless? Stubborn? Or both? on 08:46 - Aug 26 by ElHoop

Have you ever played football Watford?

Any time spent planning for a game as a unit is valuable. It doesn't have to be hours and hours. I don't even know how our teams are organised - is the youth team/under 21 side on the same site as the first team? I don't want a full first team to play in these cup games, but I want to see a side that can work together as a unit. I used to love going to cup games, home or away, but I simply don't bother at all now, because it's a complete and utter waste of time.

It's the same story every season, it's the Groundhog Cup, same approach, same interest, same result. It's about as pathetic as it gets.
[Post edited 26 Aug 2015 8:47]

But we did win in the first round, didn't we? To go out in round two is massive progress LOL

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Chris Ramsey - Clueless? Stubborn? Or both? on 12:27 - Aug 26 with 1723 viewsBlue_Castello

Chris Ramsey - Clueless? Stubborn? Or both? on 08:11 - Aug 26 by davman

But, LBlock, take a step back and look at things objectively. At this stage, Ramsey is NOT doing the best job in the world, but then again, it's quite a long way from the worst.

The club is changing it's ethos because the owners have run out of money. Something needs to change on a shoestring. Some of the players bought in will have to be first choice when our first choice players leave; some that will be first choice in a couple of weeks aren't even here yet thanks to Skysports Transfer Window. But Ramsey has to try to keep the precious babies happy, not an easy task.

You choose to include last season against him; I say we were condemned when Saggy Chops was still with us in June last year; I don't think ANYONE could have saved us from that mess. This season, so far, the performances have been inconsistent to say the least, but we're not top or bottom.

The knee jerks on this site are getting worse. It has to be one extreme or the other when the reality should be somewhere in between.

Just my opinion of course...

Well summed up Dav the knee jerk reaction to last night far exceeds anything Anti could dream.

There's no way we should hold last season against Ramsey, he inherited a sackfull of sheet from Redcrap, that's the man who takes ALL the blame for last season. He was told in January that the board were not going to fund any more of his crazy transfers, so he jumped ship by making out his sodding knee would stop him managing a football club.if the board had given him another £20 million that knee would have miraculously healed.

Ramsey wasn't a lot of people's first choice, I would have rather have got somebody else and kept Ramsey as a coach, he has a first class CV for the role.

That said he's been appointed and I'm going to support the bloke whilst he's in charge, the job Ferdinand and Ramsey have taken on is Massive, over 50% of last years first team squad have gone. We are now shopping for players at the level we should have been doing 4 years ago, it's a pain barrier but in a lot of ways more exciting. So far we have found two gems in Chery and Luongo who can take us forward this season, resigned Mackie for all the right reasons and some of the other players may either come good or be good stop gaps whilst we rebuild.

It's unfortunate that we have to rebuild whilst the season is in progress but Ramsey has already given us something we have been missing for at least the last two years, fast attacking football. The main issue we need to deal with is in defence but again Ramsey has stated in the press he knows there's a big problem with conceding goals and it's a work in progress.

The added complication is that some of our best players may well leave in the next few days, they won't be easy to replace on our budget, why not give Ramsey and Ferdinand in particular time to build the squad.

The board will not sack Ramsey unless we are in serious relegation trouble, they have made a commitment to back Ferdinand and as a number of people have said if one goes it will probably be both gone.
What's wrong with giving Ramsey till January before starting the witch hunt.....
[Post edited 26 Aug 2015 12:37]
Chris Ramsey - Clueless? Stubborn? Or both? on 12:33 - Aug 26 with 1708 viewsR_from_afar

Chris Ramsey - Clueless? Stubborn? Or both? on 09:43 - Aug 26 by spencer

Juzzie.....we didn't get chance to talk Saturday. We managed to beat a poor Rotherham team 4-2 . Opinions. We put out a team last night that was our " second string" which in my opinion should be able to beat a League two team, which is sitting in 20th place without a win this season.
Got told, what sort of fan am I on the way out of ground on Saturday, because I wasn't coming to last nights game. To be fair, if they had paid me, I would not have gone.

Going to be an interesting week with the transfer market ending...thing we have some good signings in Chery Luongo and even Hall at the back looks good. Think we will struggle this year to finish half way if we lose Charlie and Matty....maybe Fer and Sandro could help out.

Finally on last night....if you are going play fringe players/ youth....why bring on first teamers with 5-8 mins to go ? Makes no sense.

Am I allowed to say I have no real faith in CR's management/tactics( at the moment) ? God forbid anyone should have opinions, if they don't agree with the mass .
See you at the next home game.

I think the issue is that some fans appear to be happy to leap on bad results, forgetting the good ones, e.g. we staged a miraculous comeback, against a good team, away, in the league so in a game that really mattered a lot, just a week ago.

RFA

Chris Ramsey - Clueless? Stubborn? Or both? on 12:43 - Aug 26 with 1668 viewsTW_R

Chris Ramsey - Clueless? Stubborn? Or both? on 11:04 - Aug 26 by JonDoeman

A poor boob indeed , if you couldn't see that one coming!

just watched the highlights, they were 2 great chances Hoilett missed.

Well this article was posted on the offish yesterday afternoon, somw 7 hours before kick off.

http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/chris-ramsey-qpr-carlisle-united-capital-one-c

Not entirely sure why anyone expected us to:- 1. Play the first team and 2. Win 2 cup games in a row. There are some people on here who have either only supported the Rs for 2 years or are deliberately forgetting our cup history just so they can moan about something.
Chris Ramsey - Clueless? Stubborn? Or both? on 12:52 - Aug 26 with 1639 viewsElHoop

Chris Ramsey - Clueless? Stubborn? Or both? on 12:43 - Aug 26 by TW_R

Well this article was posted on the offish yesterday afternoon, somw 7 hours before kick off.

http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/chris-ramsey-qpr-carlisle-united-capital-one-c

Not entirely sure why anyone expected us to:- 1. Play the first team and 2. Win 2 cup games in a row. There are some people on here who have either only supported the Rs for 2 years or are deliberately forgetting our cup history just so they can moan about something.

Oh give it a fecking rest.

It's a QPR forum. We lost to Carlisle. People are going to talk about it, yes and some will moan about it. It's what happens. It's what we do.
Chris Ramsey - Clueless? Stubborn? Or both? on 12:55 - Aug 26 with 1632 viewssimmo

Chris Ramsey - Clueless? Stubborn? Or both? on 08:11 - Aug 26 by davman

But, LBlock, take a step back and look at things objectively. At this stage, Ramsey is NOT doing the best job in the world, but then again, it's quite a long way from the worst.

The club is changing it's ethos because the owners have run out of money. Something needs to change on a shoestring. Some of the players bought in will have to be first choice when our first choice players leave; some that will be first choice in a couple of weeks aren't even here yet thanks to Skysports Transfer Window. But Ramsey has to try to keep the precious babies happy, not an easy task.

You choose to include last season against him; I say we were condemned when Saggy Chops was still with us in June last year; I don't think ANYONE could have saved us from that mess. This season, so far, the performances have been inconsistent to say the least, but we're not top or bottom.

The knee jerks on this site are getting worse. It has to be one extreme or the other when the reality should be somewhere in between.

Just my opinion of course...

Good, sensible and undeserved response.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Chris Ramsey - Clueless? Stubborn? Or both? on 13:28 - Aug 26 with 1565 viewsTW_R

Chris Ramsey - Clueless? Stubborn? Or both? on 12:52 - Aug 26 by ElHoop

Oh give it a fecking rest.

It's a QPR forum. We lost to Carlisle. People are going to talk about it, yes and some will moan about it. It's what happens. It's what we do.

Give what a f*cking rest?
Chris Ramsey - Clueless? Stubborn? Or both? on 13:32 - Aug 26 with 1556 viewsPinnerPaul

Chris Ramsey - Clueless? Stubborn? Or both? on 23:52 - Aug 25 by bacardiinbrissie

1 loss with our second string and we're back to Ramsey Out again.

Suprisingly predictable, but everyones entitled to thier own opinion i suppose. Just didnt hear it much last Saturday....?

He's got another 10 games for me.

So true

Didn't hear much after the Wolves game either.

2 wins, 1 draw, 1 defeat in the league = 6th.

"Out of his depth" ? Many others in the same position if league position is anything to go by

In the words of a famous commentary un......................be...............lieve...................able!
Chris Ramsey - Clueless? Stubborn? Or both? on 13:40 - Aug 26 with 1520 viewsPinnerPaul

Chris Ramsey - Clueless? Stubborn? Or both? on 09:00 - Aug 26 by TheBlob

But then people moan about how we can only realistically have a chance of winning something through a cup competition and dismiss it when we're joyfully out?Make your minds up.
As soon as that lineup was announced a large bet was placed on Carlisle at 6/1.

I got 7s, too good a price to turn down!
Chris Ramsey - Clueless? Stubborn? Or both? on 13:43 - Aug 26 with 1508 viewsTheBlob

Chris Ramsey - Clueless? Stubborn? Or both? on 10:55 - Aug 26 by Jamie

You didn't genuinely expect to see the likes of Austin, Faurlin, Onouha, Green being played against Carlisle??

Why not?It's better than a training exercise and promotes team understanding,isn't that what everybody wants?
I can't stand all these crocodile tears over the intended purpose which was to get the hell out of this cup.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024