Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Food for thought from Dave Mac... 12:04 - Oct 1 with 18170 viewsGruntfuttock

http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/is-ramsey-the-right-man-for-the-job-it-depend
Food for thought from Dave Mac... on 15:57 - Oct 1 with 2162 viewsessextaxiboy

Food for thought from Dave Mac... on 14:41 - Oct 1 by Lblock

Can't argue with those mid-table facts looked at in isolation.

You'll completely ignore performances or the manner of the wins
You'll ignore Wolves and Rotherham's keepers performances
You'll accept that Foolham was a one off and not that it had been coming
You'll carry on wearing rose tinted spec's just as you did with Redknapp.

It'll all be okay.
I'm off to feed the ducky-wuckies

The specs are blue .......
Food for thought from Dave Mac... on 16:10 - Oct 1 with 2154 viewsEastR

What is it about his face that doesn't fit, and who does it not fit with?

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Food for thought from Dave Mac... on 16:17 - Oct 1 with 2145 viewsAntti_Heinola

Food for thought from Dave Mac... on 15:18 - Oct 1 by fakekerby

If some people didn't want him 5 months ago and he's done so far a pretty bad job - then what do you expect people to want?

I didn't want him 5 months ago, I don't want him now - it doesn't mean I want to change manager every few bad results, not at all. It just means I want somebody I trust to lead this club for the next few years in charge.

Warnock & Holloway experienced bad results at times, I stood behind them both regardless, I was proud to have them in charge; I enjoyed how the team played and what the spirit amongst the group of players seemed to be.

My favourite time as a fan was under Holloway in League One - what a great team, manager, ethos, the lot.

Fascinating, Faker.
Because that team, when Olly took over, was fkn awful. Went down with a whimper (olly won ONE game in 13 as we went down). Then before Xmas lost 4-0 to Swansea (of Div 4), 2-1 to Northampton (div 4), 3-0 to Yeovil and 4-1 to Peterborough.

I love Olly too, but let's not go around suggesting his first 6-10 months were a lovely time where we were all happy and lacing daisies into each other's hair. Even a year later than that I was at games where fans were in danger of combusting and on more than one occasion I thought a fan might actually go on the pitch and punch a player for being so rubbish.

Olly's situation was of course a lot worse than Ramsey's - but at the same time he was not under the microscope to anything like the same degree. And it took him, really, the best part of 2 years to start turning the club around. 2 years!

Bare bones.

Food for thought from Dave Mac... on 16:37 - Oct 1 with 2109 viewsToast_R

Food for thought from Dave Mac... on 16:17 - Oct 1 by Antti_Heinola

Fascinating, Faker.
Because that team, when Olly took over, was fkn awful. Went down with a whimper (olly won ONE game in 13 as we went down). Then before Xmas lost 4-0 to Swansea (of Div 4), 2-1 to Northampton (div 4), 3-0 to Yeovil and 4-1 to Peterborough.

I love Olly too, but let's not go around suggesting his first 6-10 months were a lovely time where we were all happy and lacing daisies into each other's hair. Even a year later than that I was at games where fans were in danger of combusting and on more than one occasion I thought a fan might actually go on the pitch and punch a player for being so rubbish.

Olly's situation was of course a lot worse than Ramsey's - but at the same time he was not under the microscope to anything like the same degree. And it took him, really, the best part of 2 years to start turning the club around. 2 years!

Disagree.

I thought Ollie's signings of Bignot and Andy Thomson at least gave that train wreck a bit of fight even though it still wasn't nowhere enough to stave off relegation. Relegation was all but confirmed before Ollie took over when Carlisle and Langley both f*cked their knees against the Fools.

I think that following summer, Ollie pulled of a minor miracle in putting a squad together that at least made a fist of things in the third tier considering the club was financially f*cked and had only a handful of players on the books.

The only time I felt he was under pressure was the following season during that depressive spell where we lost to Cardiff, Vauxhall Motors and the like. But he picked that team up and got them into the playoffs and but for a c*nt called Andy Hall, would have got automatic that season.
Food for thought from Dave Mac... on 16:39 - Oct 1 with 2109 viewsNorthernr

Food for thought from Dave Mac... on 16:37 - Oct 1 by Toast_R

Disagree.

I thought Ollie's signings of Bignot and Andy Thomson at least gave that train wreck a bit of fight even though it still wasn't nowhere enough to stave off relegation. Relegation was all but confirmed before Ollie took over when Carlisle and Langley both f*cked their knees against the Fools.

I think that following summer, Ollie pulled of a minor miracle in putting a squad together that at least made a fist of things in the third tier considering the club was financially f*cked and had only a handful of players on the books.

The only time I felt he was under pressure was the following season during that depressive spell where we lost to Cardiff, Vauxhall Motors and the like. But he picked that team up and got them into the playoffs and but for a c*nt called Andy Hall, would have got automatic that season.

And yet there's a poster on here who still thinks he was crap and should never have got the job in the first place - can't remember who it is though :-/ Definitely had that row with them though, they reckoned he should have kept us up first time round.
Food for thought from Dave Mac... on 16:41 - Oct 1 with 2104 viewsJamie

Food for thought from Dave Mac... on 15:13 - Oct 1 by Northernr

That would be a very QPR thing to do - the DOF system supposedly being there to provide a constant at the club when managers are sacked.

Whilst I agree wholeheartedly, if the fans drive Ramsey out after 2 months, then the new philosophy Ferdinand was employed to oversee to see is dead in the water, so why would Ferdinand choose to stay?
Food for thought from Dave Mac... on 16:51 - Oct 1 with 2078 viewsPhilmyRs

Food for thought from Dave Mac... on 16:17 - Oct 1 by Antti_Heinola

Fascinating, Faker.

Good points and using the Holloway years as a comparison is a good one.

As Dave Mac mentioned, Holloway had probably the biggest budget of all clubs in League 1 and it still took him 3 seasons to get out of it. That was League 1. Like Ramsey last season, Holloway’s team went down with a whimper and as you mentioned, the early years weren’t great, you missed out Vauxhall motors by the way.

But patience, sticking by him, getting the right players into the club that had something to prove and who wanted to better themselves ultimately brought rich rewards and some great football matches for the fans.

3 wins, 3 draws and 3 loses is not sacking material. We have a number of players that are not at the level they can reach (for whatever reason) and a number of players finding their way back to full fitness. Let’s at least judge Ramsey once he’s got Fer/Sandro back on the pitch and Phillips, Green and Perch remember how to play the game. Then we’ll start to climb the table.
Food for thought from Dave Mac... on 16:53 - Oct 1 with 2076 views2Thomas2Bowles

I just don't see CR winning over the majority that never wanted him, if it were not for LF he would never have got the job or would have been sacked by now.

It's sounding very much like a jobs for my mates, at what point if things go tit's up would LF put his hands up and replace CR, I fear the answer is never. and that is so wrong on so many levels.
The Club should come before him being mates with CR, who has so far been very poor.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Login to get fewer ads

Food for thought from Dave Mac... on 16:53 - Oct 1 with 2075 viewsAntti_Heinola

Food for thought from Dave Mac... on 16:37 - Oct 1 by Toast_R

Disagree.

But we were also all but down when Ramsey took over, and then we lost Fer and Vargas just as they found form.
Ramsey then lost something like a dozen or more players he had to replace.
You're right though, Ollie was under less pressure until VM, but many fans were far from happy, trust me!

Bare bones.

Food for thought from Dave Mac... on 16:57 - Oct 1 with 2070 viewsdaveB

Holloway used to gets a similar amount of stick as Ramsey on message boards in that first season in division 2. Plenty wanted him out but the club stuck with him and Holloway had a knack of when things looked going turning against him he would get a result. Ramsey will need to do similar, he'll certainly need a few home wins or at least strong performances this month otherwise I can see the board sacking him. Brentford away is another he can't afford to go the same way as Fulham.
Food for thought from Dave Mac... on 16:59 - Oct 1 with 2064 viewsWilloW4

Food for thought from Dave Mac... on 15:57 - Oct 1 by essextaxiboy

The specs are blue .......

So what positives do you see.. With blue tinted specs on or otherwise?
Food for thought from Dave Mac... on 17:05 - Oct 1 with 2052 viewsGetMeRangers

What bemuses me, is those around CR think so differently from some of his detractors.

Andrew Impey was on top form for AccessAllRs. A combination of die hard fan and someone who is in and around the club and what he sees. He thinks he would have challenged for an England place if he had a coach like CR, either pushing Trevor Sinclair out or being there alongside him. he conceded that it is a results business but it is a given, otherwise, that CR is the right man for the club

Really enjoyed this... any wavering faith has been restored

Food for thought from Dave Mac... on 17:19 - Oct 1 with 2026 viewsstevec

It's like Fulham never actually happened. As if the interminable dross being dished up month after month is a figment of my imagination.

I'm off to the Doctors.
Food for thought from Dave Mac... on 17:29 - Oct 1 with 2010 viewsjohnhoop

I think the change in approach from the Redknapp and Hughes eras was definitely needed. The jettisoning of our high earning wasters and a more sensible recruitment policy are to be applauded. I would love to be able to give him a couple of years to do the rebuilding job with maybe a mid-table finish this year.
But there seems to be precious little evidence on the field of coherent strategy or tactics and an appalling lack of motivation. Where do we draw the line? Do we keep saying give him time when we're in the bottom 3? Because with a sh-t defence and now no strikers for at least a month, that is where we are rapidly heading.
I think the big test of Ramsey's ability as a coach/manager is going to come in October. It is essential that he finds a way of organizing the defence so we don't carry on conceding 2 goals every game. Surely it is not too much to expect of him if he is really up to the job.
if he can't manage it ,with no Austin in the team we'll be lucky to get a point this month.
Food for thought from Dave Mac... on 17:40 - Oct 1 with 1993 viewswhittocksRs

Ramsey's appointment seems to me to have really exposed two very distinct sets of Rangers fans.

On one side, we have the those fans who were there before Fernandes, before Tango and Cash, before administration, before the Premier League even, who remember the traditions of the club and want us to go back to our roots as a small-to-medium-sized feeder club producing youngsters. They're okay with Ramsey, even though he's not convincing as a manager at the moment, because there are signs he's part of a wider restructure to make that, or something resembling that, happen.

On the other side are those who seems to (a) forgotten life before the money or (b) were not there, and can only see QPR as a well-financed Premier League team in waiting. A lot of these guys seem to hate Redknapp, Hughes and the like, but don't seem to want us to try anything different in terms of hiring or approach. You understand it, because the media tells us that only the Premier League is worth caring about, but I struggle with that outlook because it's so far from how I see QPR.

Ramsey won't send us down this season, nor will he likely get us up, and I'm okay with that, even with Philipps, Sandro, Austin and Fer in the squad. We have to build the young players, and I do believe Ramsey improves youngsters. In fact, he'll improve all of our stars if he gets the chance.
[Post edited 1 Oct 2015 18:11]
Food for thought from Dave Mac... on 17:40 - Oct 1 with 1993 views2Thomas2Bowles

Food for thought from Dave Mac... on 17:05 - Oct 1 by GetMeRangers

What bemuses me, is those around CR think so differently from some of his detractors.

Andrew Impey was on top form for AccessAllRs. A combination of die hard fan and someone who is in and around the club and what he sees. He thinks he would have challenged for an England place if he had a coach like CR, either pushing Trevor Sinclair out or being there alongside him. he conceded that it is a results business but it is a given, otherwise, that CR is the right man for the club

Really enjoyed this... any wavering faith has been restored

Clearly he regards him as a good coach but that does not always mean it's makes him a good manager.
He said himself, if results don't improve then a decision will have to be made.

Food for thought from Dave Mac... on 17:49 - Oct 1 with 1975 viewsGetMeRangers

Food for thought from Dave Mac... on 17:40 - Oct 1 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Clearly he regards him as a good coach but that does not always mean it's makes him a good manager.
He said himself, if results don't improve then a decision will have to be made.

I agree. However, it goes back to the argument as to what Les and CR are here to do. Is it to turn the club, develop and ethos and bring young players through and perhaps put us in a better position to cope with promotion should we gain it, or should we have a manager who comes in and gets us promoted asap... and perhaps be in the same place we were after the HR promotion?
Food for thought from Dave Mac... on 17:55 - Oct 1 with 1963 viewsDorse

We moaned like fcuk because Harry did bugger all on the training field.
We're now moaning because CR does the opposite.

For what it's worth, I felt that Dave Mac was every bit as p!ssed off as we were about the Fulham result and was definitely not letting him off the hook for it. However, I completely agree with his views on the direction the club is taking.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Food for thought from Dave Mac... on 17:58 - Oct 1 with 1952 viewsHunterhoop

Food for thought from Dave Mac... on 17:40 - Oct 1 by whittocksRs

Ramsey's appointment seems to me to have really exposed two very distinct sets of Rangers fans.

On one side, we have the those fans who were there before Fernandes, before Tango and Cash, before administration, before the Premier League even, who remember the traditions of the club and want us to go back to our roots as a small-to-medium-sized feeder club producing youngsters. They're okay with Ramsey, even though he's not convincing as a manager at the moment, because there are signs he's part of a wider restructure to make that, or something resembling that, happen.

On the other side are those who seems to (a) forgotten life before the money or (b) were not there, and can only see QPR as a well-financed Premier League team in waiting. A lot of these guys seem to hate Redknapp, Hughes and the like, but don't seem to want us to try anything different in terms of hiring or approach. You understand it, because the media tells us that only the Premier League is worth caring about, but I struggle with that outlook because it's so far from how I see QPR.

Ramsey won't send us down this season, nor will he likely get us up, and I'm okay with that, even with Philipps, Sandro, Austin and Fer in the squad. We have to build the young players, and I do believe Ramsey improves youngsters. In fact, he'll improve all of our stars if he gets the chance.
[Post edited 1 Oct 2015 18:11]

Good post...

But, I'm in the 1st group, AND I hated Redknapp and Hughes. The reason is precisely because they took us away from the way of running the club described in the 1st group. Coincidentally, I loved Olly and Warnock, because they did keep us run similar (but the same) as described in the 1st category.

Agree with the principle though. Social media is dominated by the 16-21 category. If you assume they started going and getting interested around the age of 8, then realistically the QPR they "know" is from 2002 (at best) onwards. No surprise how they're reacting. They've seen 3 promotions and 2 relegations (one of which immediately followed by a promotion, the other last season). Those of us who started supporting earlier have seen more ups and downs, and for those who started supporting us when we were in the Prem, more downs than ups!
Food for thought from Dave Mac... on 18:05 - Oct 1 with 1946 views2Thomas2Bowles

Food for thought from Dave Mac... on 17:49 - Oct 1 by GetMeRangers

I agree. However, it goes back to the argument as to what Les and CR are here to do. Is it to turn the club, develop and ethos and bring young players through and perhaps put us in a better position to cope with promotion should we gain it, or should we have a manager who comes in and gets us promoted asap... and perhaps be in the same place we were after the HR promotion?

The other side of the coin is, without the first team doing well, where is that standard set, if you don't aim high what's the point.

There is no doubt that how things were run when we were in the prem were wrong, it does not follow that it's the way it would be again.

But as things stand we are not heading towards the Prem we are heading the other way.

Food for thought from Dave Mac... on 18:12 - Oct 1 with 1929 viewsGetMeRangers

Food for thought from Dave Mac... on 18:05 - Oct 1 by 2Thomas2Bowles

The other side of the coin is, without the first team doing well, where is that standard set, if you don't aim high what's the point.

There is no doubt that how things were run when we were in the prem were wrong, it does not follow that it's the way it would be again.

But as things stand we are not heading towards the Prem we are heading the other way.

Cant argue with that. However, from reluctantly feeling on Friday in the pub after the game it was time for him to go, I have returned to the position that if he can be given time, then he should. I may be wrong... I often am, but it is that hope that doing the right thing, as I see it, will pay off.

Looking at the options in the betting market for the Rotherham job, I dont see anyone I feel will deliver the change that I think is needed at the club. To get this lot promoted... there may be options
Food for thought from Dave Mac... on 18:22 - Oct 1 with 1914 viewsTheBlob

Food for thought from Dave Mac... on 14:08 - Oct 1 by PinnerPaul

W3 D3 L3

Them's the facts, with or without the drugs

That's the trouble with drugs,they completely skew the concept of time and memory.
Nothing about last season then?
This managerial thingy.When you accidentally smash your finger with a hammer you don't keep on doing damage to said digit in the forlorn hope it won't hurt anymore.We've been smashing our fingers since we appointed Hughes.Time to think about using a screwdriver.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Food for thought from Dave Mac... on 18:24 - Oct 1 with 1910 viewsBklynRanger

Impey's the man. So that's at least one factual nugget we can take from this thread.
Food for thought from Dave Mac... on 18:47 - Oct 1 with 1870 viewsPinnerPaul

Food for thought from Dave Mac... on 14:11 - Oct 1 by Northernr

Pleased you've watched the team very closely because I've only had a quick glance and it's nice to hear from somebody who knows what they're talking about.

Blackburn 1st half, Forest, Fulham - absolutely fcking awful.

Moved the ball very well, played very well and looked very good at times v Wolves, v Hull, v Rotherham.

Which leads to W3 D3 L3

Don't really have a problem with people's opinions on Ramsey, but just wondering where all the people in the summer who were "happy" with "survival" and "delighted" with "Mid table" are?

We're playing exactly like a mid table Championship side - not many seem "happy"

Said at the time that was all nonsense and people wouldn't stand for losing a 1/3 of our games.

People want success, yes but no one wants to wait anytime for it.

The other good one is "Yes I want stability BUT Ramsey HAS to go" (After 9 games) and if the new man has the temerity to lose 3 games in HIS first 10, what then?
Food for thought from Dave Mac... on 18:52 - Oct 1 with 1866 viewsstuabd

Food for thought from Dave Mac... on 16:41 - Oct 1 by Jamie

Whilst I agree wholeheartedly, if the fans drive Ramsey out after 2 months, then the new philosophy Ferdinand was employed to oversee to see is dead in the water, so why would Ferdinand choose to stay?

He'll stay for the same reason anyone of us would in his position. He's got a nice job at a club where he is still a hero.

Let's be honest about it, he wasn't exactly redefining the football world before he came to us, was he? He was a coach at Spurs. Now compare that to what he has now. He'll stay for sure with or without his mate.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024