Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Food for thought from Dave Mac... 12:04 - Oct 1 with 18160 viewsGruntfuttock

http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/is-ramsey-the-right-man-for-the-job-it-depend
Food for thought from Dave Mac... on 00:01 - Oct 2 with 2233 viewshoopstilidie

Food for thought from Dave Mac... on 22:00 - Oct 1 by TheBlob

My views differ from yours but please don't tell me I don't deserve to be called a supporter.

The usual crap. Toe the line, don't have an opinion, how dare you? Call yourself a supporter? Boring bollox.
As for Dave Mac's article, ok in places, opinionated, not one I particularly share.
I'll keep my reasonings to myself, I'm not here to feed the feverish rantings of some.
"Face don't fit" being used as a stick to beat detractors with is a cop out. Hence the repetitive use. Classic Dave Mac.

Ringo Starr ate my hamper.
Poll: Yes or no?

Food for thought from Dave Mac... on 00:05 - Oct 2 with 2226 viewsNorthernr

Food for thought from Dave Mac... on 23:50 - Oct 1 by hoopstilidie

Don't see why he'd be pissed off, he ain't a Rangers fan.

He may say he's not any more, but it doesn't leave you. He's QPR like the rest of us.

Not sure how this tallies with your second post, which I agree with - "not a proper fan" because somebody disagrees with you doesn't wash well.
Food for thought from Dave Mac... on 00:08 - Oct 2 with 2222 viewsNorthernr

Food for thought from Dave Mac... on 22:20 - Oct 1 by paulparker

I agree it is disgraceful that we are poor in the cups
The difference with Warnock though is he earned the right to rest players , he kept us up the year before and started the season beating Barnsley and Sheffield Utd
When we played Blackburn in jan we were really pushing for promotion and all of us fans couldn't of given a rats about Blackburn away , if it had been Spurs or Chelsea at home then Warnock would have gone for it , we were top and hadn't been in the PL for about 15 years so Warnock was in the right for doing what he did
Ramsey on the other hand has done nothing as a manager and hasn't earned the right to be clever with that team selection against Carlisle
If les has come out and said we are consolidating and not expecting promotion then surely putting out a strong team and giving the cups a go is something Ramsey should of done ,

I don't remember many people on here or in general among the fan base patting Warnock on the head and talking about how he'd won his first game of the season and kept us up the previous year when we got properly done by Port Vale in the League Cup. At that point the majority thought hill, derry etc looked like dodgy signings, leon Clarke etc. He got pelters that night as well.

Like I say, plenty to go at Chris Ramsey with, not sure the League Cup defeat is valid really. Who are our most successful managers in the last 25 years? Francis? Holloway? Warnock? Even Redknapp got us a promotion. In common? Consistently embarrassing in the cups. Who are our worst managers in the last 25 years? Likewise...
Food for thought from Dave Mac... on 00:13 - Oct 2 with 2220 viewshoopstilidie

Food for thought from Dave Mac... on 00:05 - Oct 2 by Northernr

He may say he's not any more, but it doesn't leave you. He's QPR like the rest of us.

Not sure how this tallies with your second post, which I agree with - "not a proper fan" because somebody disagrees with you doesn't wash well.

He's said he never was and people just assumed he was.
Maybe he tells different people different things.

Ringo Starr ate my hamper.
Poll: Yes or no?

Food for thought from Dave Mac... on 00:24 - Oct 2 with 2210 viewsNorthernr

Food for thought from Dave Mac... on 00:13 - Oct 2 by hoopstilidie

I thought I'd read him saying "not any more" after Paladini.
Food for thought from Dave Mac... on 02:34 - Oct 2 with 2170 viewsNeil_SI

I’m afraid to say I’ve become more exasperated with some sections of the fan base as time has passed. I’m gobsmacked by the behaviour and hostility of some people.

There’s some serious short-term memory going on here, but I’m not going to go over that as it’s been covered excellently by David McIntyre.

What I will say is that I always looked at QPR as my family. My home. I tend to look at the staff, players and fans in that way too. Or at least, I used to.

What does that mean? Think of it this way — how would you treat one of your own? If it was somebody from your family who represented the club? You wouldn’t be sitting here slagging them off or throwing your toys out of the pram — especially in any sticky period — you’d listen, show understanding and encourage. You’d be sympathetic to their predicament and on their side, willing and hoping for them to do well.

That’s just not the case these days.

I’ll put this bluntly. I’ve been fed up with the attitude of many fans for a while, to the point I’m actually embarrassed to be associated with some because of the way they behave. I've been appalled by some peoples conduct towards people at the club.

If QPR f*** this up one more time — I think I’m done, because I’ve pretty much reached that point over the last few years and I’m clearer on what I’m willing to accept.

There are a long list of idiots who’ve ballsed this up for us; Gianni Paladini started the mess and the rest have followed through like imbeciles in their own way.

Les Ferdinand and Chris Ramsey may offer us our last hope of returning to a proper, respected and well run football club once again. F*** the league and division, the history, heritage and reputation of the club is more important at this point in time. Money? Who cares? Wowee the Premiership is full of it, and you know what, it’s a rubbish competition riddled with issues that’s eating the game alive through greed.

Believe me, there are plenty within the club who yearn for Ferdinand and Ramsey to do well and are desperate for it to work out for them. We should be grateful they’re willing to give it a go and are willing to try and lay some sensible foundations that will provide a more stable future in the long-term.

I’m really pleased by plenty of the things I’ve seen before my eyes. QPR is slowly starting to feel like QPR again, just seeing faces like Andy Sinton and Andy Impey around the place confirm this. It’s a club that’s starting to offer opportunity again and be about proving yourself and showcasing your skills.

And you know what, for all the haters, David McIntyre is a thoroughly decent man, who is often bang on the money with his written work and is someone who has watched over the debacle that has unfolded for years. He is better informed than the majority — and guess what — he is well respected by the club too.

David was once a QPR man through and through, and I’m sure deep down he still is. But his plight is actually a case-study for QPR. How can a football loving man like him feel that his football club have left him to the point he feels he can’t publicly support them anymore?

No man should have to go through that ordeal. No football-loving fan deserves that. He certainly doesn’t. I think it’s awful, personally. I’m terrified it will become my fate too.

The day QPR win his support back is the day we know Rangers really are back.

I’ve been closer than I would have liked to throwing in the towel over the last couple of years, I’m sure, to the point I’ve driven some of my closest friends up the wall because it’s had such a detrimental impact on my mood.

But when I see people like David McIntyre feeling they have to take the stance they take, it hardens me, and makes me want to dig in deep and not let go, and keep supporting and pushing for the club to get back on the right track.

Ferdinand and Ramsey at this point are our only hope. It’s a one off chance that we shouldn’t turn our back on.
Food for thought from Dave Mac... on 08:07 - Oct 2 with 2092 viewspaulparker

Food for thought from Dave Mac... on 21:46 - Oct 1 by stansleftfoot

And equally the reasons, if that is what they are, are as unreasonable.
If one goes through the quality of individual players form game by game it is simply not at the required level to sustain a run of consistent wins.
Clearly many vocal followers of QPR, they can't be called supporters because they very vocally fail to support what is being attempted by the owners, the CEO and the Football management at the Club.
The clear evidence is that Ramsey is attempting to establish a Club playing philosophy, this "philosophy" has been supported by funding from the owners and supplied by our DOF Ferdinands purchases.
As a result we have seem the club pick up one out of three points, 50% of an automatic promotion target in the first 9 matchs.
The negativity delivered by these followers base their view of Ramsey being incapable on his performance with a Premiership squad that was favourite for relegation when he took over.
That performance then, in their minds, colours his performance with an entirely new group of players and a Charlie Austin who is being coached a totally new role.
However; this view of his current failure and therefore his presumed future failure is based on what?
That the players are going to continue to make individual errors en masse, or that they continue to pick up a point in every match?
This is a new season, it is creating current problems for Chris Ramsey; injuries, no strikers, players fitness, lack of support from "SUPPORTERS" the games, players form.
It is on his current problems Chris Ramsey's management and coaching must be judged given the difficulties he has with Players form it could easily get worse.
Just how a manager is to prevent Luongo and Chery missing simple schoolboy chances, Experienced midfielders passing to opposition strikers within 20 yards of goal, Keepers failing to catch the ball, Full backs failing to stop crosses, Centre halves failing to clear their lines.
Time will tell, it would be sheer madness to get rid of Ramsey now, maybe he is short handed, but the cry for his sacking will only make a very hard job even harder.
Dave's use of the term CR is the wrong man for the job, is hypothetical and he answers it by saying, currently, he is the only man for the job.
Most of the work needed to be done to remedy our points total needs to be done on the pitch by the Players...sacking Ramsey wont change that!

Here we go again
Anyone who doesn't have the same view as the majority on here is labelled a Chelsea fan or a racist
It's getting boring , how do you know who is vocal and who isn't at matches
I've been a SUPPORTER for over 32 years and seen more bad times than good , invested time and money like all other fans of this club, when the likes of DaveB start saying they ain't going as the football is poor then you know the football is poor
It's simple really if a player doesn't perform he should be dropped likewise If a system doesn't work then you change it , Ramsey does neither , you can blame the players but it's down to the manager to get the best out of his squad, it's down to the manager to implement the tactics , make the subs ,COACH the defence
As for this total rubbish about a brand new team I take it Ramsey hasn't worked with
Green,Ned,Hill, Philips,Austin , Hoilett, yun, furlong, faurlin , Henry,Fer, Sandro before
He also had Hall & Luango at Spurs
Hardly Olly in 00/01 is it
The negativity is based on the dire football , the poor subs, leaving Austin on his jack , the rank amateur defending ,
Bar Wolves we have been awful and the players are actually looking worse ie Phillips, Luango , Ned
It's not working the man is never a manager and just because we are going in a new direction doesn't mean we settle for Mr nice guy who is a mate of the DOF ,
We may win on Saturday but it doesn't mask how bad we are or the direction we are going in
That's my view you have yours but don't come on here giving it to those who have an opinion that differs to yours

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Food for thought from Dave Mac... on 08:16 - Oct 2 with 2084 views2Thomas2Bowles

So much written about the club, where it's been, done, how it's run what's going on and blar blar blar

When the only real bone of contention is, is CR any good as the manager/coach of the first team, for myself and many others the answer to that is NO

This is the only thing that CR gets stick about, taking whatever he is doing in training on to first team matches, for whatever reason it's not working

We have seen NO improvement with the defence, for someone who is supposed to be a great coach, I can't find any excuse for him, not when he picks players that are clearly no good such as Henry and Perch, his use of subs is appalling

Only Charley Austin's goals have made things look a little better than they really are.
We play for the most part, dreadful football.

As for bringing on young players and players from lower leagues, fine CR should stick to that, that's what he was employed for.

John Carver at Newcastle, Lovely man, good coach, passionate supporter, shit manager

There are many others, that have been good players, coaches, supporters of their clubs but fail when it comes to managing the first team.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Login to get fewer ads

Food for thought from Dave Mac... on 08:30 - Oct 2 with 2063 viewsWeaverQPR

@WeavQPR

Food for thought from Dave Mac... on 09:17 - Oct 2 with 2031 viewsGetMeRangers

Neil, I am sure you represent the views of more than you think. Or maybe it is just me. For my young sons, QPR are a perfect metaphor for life... its ups, its downs, the need for patience, the farce, the pain and those few moments of euphoria.

This season, to me, is like being parent with a new born, investing a lot of time, filled with hope, not of promotion, but that this may be the dawn of the future, albeit a return to the club I grew up supporting. As in the real world, some parents are more demanding of their children and have a greater thirst for success (often living through their child the hopes and dreams they failed to realise themselves). Whether that makes them better or worse parents is a matter of opinion. QPR always represented to me the kind of family club (caring parent) with amusing and entertaining players (contented child expressing itself) rather than the neighbours (boastful parent and petulant child)

I hope you dont feel you have to give up QPR for adoption and walk away. For some of us, your rational and sane posts are what we use to remind us what this club is all about
Food for thought from Dave Mac... on 09:26 - Oct 2 with 2014 viewsGetMeRangers

Dave Mac responds to twitter comments....
https://davidmcintyre.wordpress.com/2015/10/01/chris-ramsey-piece/
Food for thought from Dave Mac... on 09:38 - Oct 2 with 1999 viewsdaveB

He was a QPR fan, used to be a regular on loft in the 80's and 90's, very a passionate about the club and still is but the Paladini years and seeing QPR from the inside would put anyone off.
Food for thought from Dave Mac... on 09:45 - Oct 2 with 1982 viewsdaveB

I really want this to work, I love Les Ferdinand and everything he and Ramsey are trying to do is exactly what i want my football club to do and I'm not going to call for any heads to roll but I'd be lying if I sat here and typed that I think we're are getting the best out of this squad and that I'm enjoying going to QPR at the moment.

Long term I think the work these two are doing will benefit the club hugely and the next manager will be made to look a lot better by the work going on now but the short term needs to be looked after as well and you can't keep playing as we have been and letting in so many soft goals and expect fans to clap along. I've read a few comparisons to the Holloway era when he struggled at times and that is true but he did pull results out when the pressure got to breaking point and I think Ramsey is at that point now. He badly needs a win tomorrow.
Food for thought from Dave Mac... on 10:38 - Oct 2 with 1934 viewsAntti_Heinola

I know someone who's mates with him. Of course he's Rangers.

Bare bones.

Food for thought from Dave Mac... on 10:42 - Oct 2 with 1924 viewsAntti_Heinola

Food for thought from Dave Mac... on 02:34 - Oct 2 by Neil_SI

I’m afraid to say I’ve become more exasperated with some sections of the fan base as time has passed. I’m gobsmacked by the behaviour and hostility of some people.

There’s some serious short-term memory going on here, but I’m not going to go over that as it’s been covered excellently by David McIntyre.

What I will say is that I always looked at QPR as my family. My home. I tend to look at the staff, players and fans in that way too. Or at least, I used to.

What does that mean? Think of it this way — how would you treat one of your own? If it was somebody from your family who represented the club? You wouldn’t be sitting here slagging them off or throwing your toys out of the pram — especially in any sticky period — you’d listen, show understanding and encourage. You’d be sympathetic to their predicament and on their side, willing and hoping for them to do well.

I’ll put this bluntly. I’ve been fed up with the attitude of many fans for a while, to the point I’m actually embarrassed to be associated with some because of the way they behave. I've been appalled by some peoples conduct towards people at the club.

If QPR f*** this up one more time — I think I’m done, because I’ve pretty much reached that point over the last few years and I’m clearer on what I’m willing to accept.

There are a long list of idiots who’ve ballsed this up for us; Gianni Paladini started the mess and the rest have followed through like imbeciles in their own way.

Les Ferdinand and Chris Ramsey may offer us our last hope of returning to a proper, respected and well run football club once again. F*** the league and division, the history, heritage and reputation of the club is more important at this point in time. Money? Who cares? Wowee the Premiership is full of it, and you know what, it’s a rubbish competition riddled with issues that’s eating the game alive through greed.

Believe me, there are plenty within the club who yearn for Ferdinand and Ramsey to do well and are desperate for it to work out for them. We should be grateful they’re willing to give it a go and are willing to try and lay some sensible foundations that will provide a more stable future in the long-term.

I’m really pleased by plenty of the things I’ve seen before my eyes. QPR is slowly starting to feel like QPR again, just seeing faces like Andy Sinton and Andy Impey around the place confirm this. It’s a club that’s starting to offer opportunity again and be about proving yourself and showcasing your skills.

And you know what, for all the haters, David McIntyre is a thoroughly decent man, who is often bang on the money with his written work and is someone who has watched over the debacle that has unfolded for years. He is better informed than the majority — and guess what — he is well respected by the club too.

David was once a QPR man through and through, and I’m sure deep down he still is. But his plight is actually a case-study for QPR. How can a football loving man like him feel that his football club have left him to the point he feels he can’t publicly support them anymore?

No man should have to go through that ordeal. No football-loving fan deserves that. He certainly doesn’t. I think it’s awful, personally. I’m terrified it will become my fate too.

I’ve been closer than I would have liked to throwing in the towel over the last couple of years, I’m sure, to the point I’ve driven some of my closest friends up the wall because it’s had such a detrimental impact on my mood.

But when I see people like David McIntyre feeling they have to take the stance they take, it hardens me, and makes me want to dig in deep and not let go, and keep supporting and pushing for the club to get back on the right track.

Ferdinand and Ramsey at this point are our only hope. It’s a one off chance that we shouldn’t turn our back on.

And here's where this thread should end.
Brilliant, passionate, right.

We all want success. But we've been going up and down for years. Time to take a breath.

Bare bones.

Food for thought from Dave Mac... on 13:10 - Oct 2 with 1827 viewsHunterhoop

Food for thought from Dave Mac... on 09:45 - Oct 2 by daveB

I really want this to work, I love Les Ferdinand and everything he and Ramsey are trying to do is exactly what i want my football club to do and I'm not going to call for any heads to roll but I'd be lying if I sat here and typed that I think we're are getting the best out of this squad and that I'm enjoying going to QPR at the moment.

Long term I think the work these two are doing will benefit the club hugely and the next manager will be made to look a lot better by the work going on now but the short term needs to be looked after as well and you can't keep playing as we have been and letting in so many soft goals and expect fans to clap along. I've read a few comparisons to the Holloway era when he struggled at times and that is true but he did pull results out when the pressure got to breaking point and I think Ramsey is at that point now. He badly needs a win tomorrow.

I agree, Dave. But I do think fans have a responsibility to have more patience and support the team more.

I, like you, Niel, Simmo, Antti, GetMeRangers, etc, really want this to work, because the change in approach and the strategy Les is trying to deliver IS the right thing. I firmly believe that.

Yes, if performances and the results on the pitch are poor for a sustained period (ie. a season) then we will need a new coach. It's as simple as that.

But we've all been supporting QPR for what 20, 30, 40, 50, etc, years? What's one season? At a wider level, if the club is moving in the right direction but the team doesn't have a great season, so what? Get the club into the right state and the performance of the team on the field will follow.

That's why I call for patience. I wanted patience with Warnock, Paul Furlong (as a player), Ian Holloway....and I didn't with Mark Hughes and Redknapp. The reason...what they were trying to do and NOT the results they initially achieved. Ramsey and, Les, in particular, fall into the first category. They are trying to do the right thing and they care. Yes, we have problems on the pitch. Players are playing badly, we're widely erratic and we can't put a sustained 90 min of good football together.

But it's just turned October. OCTOBER! We're mid table having had a pre season with 15+ out and 10-15 in.

What is the problem with being patient and waiting? What is the problem of wanting it to work, and, as a result, giving your support to Ramsey and Les?

As sh*t as the football was against Forest (boring), Blackburn in the first half (inept) and Fulham (woeful), I'm able to not get irate. I'm disappointed and frustrated, but I'm able to retain the "bigger picture". They're a handful of individual games early in one season.

I think we, as fans, have a responsibility to retain this perspective if we want a club that is run well and, in the spirit of how QPR has traditionally been run. Change takes time. Change always involves difficult spells. You need to have patience to earn the good stuff that comes from change.

This need for instant gratification is poisonous. At the very least, can we not just put away the negativity, anger, aggression towards our own coach and DoF (who are so blatently trying their best and to do the right thing) until Christmas? Is that really that much to ask??

Tomorrow let's support Ramsey, support the players, sing up and back the team. Who knows, we might win. Who knows what everyone will do then?!
Food for thought from Dave Mac... on 13:13 - Oct 2 with 1826 viewsNorthernr

Food for thought from Dave Mac... on 09:45 - Oct 2 by daveB

Summed up my own feelings perfectly there Dave cheers.
Food for thought from Dave Mac... on 13:29 - Oct 2 with 1806 viewsR_from_afar

Food for thought from Dave Mac... on 15:42 - Oct 1 by BklynRanger

I think all of the disgust and virtiol about Friday night was quite justified. The problem arises when we all try to put ourselves in the position of Football Executive, sliding Ramsey out and bringing Generic Jim Successful Football Manager in. It's not that simple and it's not what we're supposed to be doing this season. Keeping Austin and Phillips really is a poison chalice for Ramsey at this point.

Good article certainly, and worth bringing up the fact that Olly got us up on his third attempt with a decent budget. We forget that, or maybe it's just me. Seemed like Dave McIntytre had an underlying point in the 'face doesn't fit' repetition that he maybe should have made.

BUT, something needs to be have been done already about getting in a Gerry Francis to help with the defence. If that was the idea then they need to stick with it because the need is definitely not going away. That could end up being the final straw for Ramsey, sooner or later.

"BUT, something needs to be have been done already about getting in a Gerry Francis to help with the defence".

A truly excellent idea.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Food for thought from Dave Mac... on 13:51 - Oct 2 with 1776 viewsR_from_afar

Food for thought from Dave Mac... on 22:03 - Oct 1 by paulparker

No one has said they are the finished articles
But they are good young players who should be able to make the step up to the championship,
If you look at players such as Ritchie,Wilson, Gray , asselombago ( forest) elphick, actually most of brentfords and bournmouths players have all shown there isn't much between the leagues so that argument doesn't run true
We have been rank this year if we had played well and lost then yes look at the bigger picture
But we haven't played well, we are disorganised and look clueless
Ramsey has been found wanting against Cardiff,Blackburn, charlton , Forrest , Carlisle & Fulham
All very average and poor teams ,
his picking of Henry the dropping of Hall the subbing of chery , these are all Ramseys choices
One thing those who want Ramsey can't answer is why we are so poor at the back and why it hasn't been addressed
The man is supposed to be a great coach , if he is why have we continued to look so amateur since February
Also everyone was praising Ramsey for getting the best out of Phillips , well Phillips bar Wolves has been poor this season so is that not down to Ramsey
We all agree that the club needed re shaping but that doesn't mean we have to settle for the cheap option or les mate

I am increasingly thinking that the biggest issue with our club is the general lack of respect for QPR both now and over the years, from many of the players as well as many of the board members, coaches etc.

If everyone employed by the club always put QPR first, ahead of their own egos, agendas and - ugh - brands, and took full, personal responsibility for their part in the club's fortunes, rather than hiding behind excuses and letting other people take the blame, we would really make some progress.

A lovely pipedream....

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Food for thought from Dave Mac... on 14:08 - Oct 2 with 1760 viewsR_from_afar

Food for thought from Dave Mac... on 23:12 - Oct 1 by ozexile

I feel for Ramsey I really do. I'm still backing him but we can argue all we like if the players play as badly as they did against Fulham again they will get him sacked. Has anyone re watched it? It was horrendous. You can talk tactics all day long whatever system Ramsey plays the players still have to perform the basics.

You have totally nailed it. I keep thinking about a couple of the goals Fulham scored:
- For one of them, Angella did absolutely nothing and let the Fulham player bury his header in our net.
- For another of the goals, we had three players milling around on the edge of our box, daydreaming about what they were going to have for their tea while the Fulham players swanned around unmarked, under no real pressure, until they yet again scored.

RFA

Food for thought from Dave Mac... on 14:14 - Oct 2 with 1720 viewsHayesender

I am sick and tired of this "Ramsey is a good coach" argument.

There is absolutely NO evidence to back this up

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Food for thought from Dave Mac... on 14:49 - Oct 2 with 1695 viewsstuabd

Food for thought from Dave Mac... on 02:34 - Oct 2 by Neil_SI

Sorry Neil, but some of that is melodramatic nonsense. As if Ferdinand and Ramsay are our last hope! Are you seriously arguing that without Ramsay there is no future?
Food for thought from Dave Mac... on 15:07 - Oct 2 with 1668 viewskensalriser

The central argument of Dave's piece - and Neil's post - it seems to me, is that we need to be patient because the key people are all trying to do the right thing.

This is fine if you believe that Ramsey is a talented manager who will soon come good. Otherwise the argument is redundant. And there is no evidence or even suggestion that he will soon come good. We can't point to his past successes or achievements because there are none. So all we have to go on is the evidence of our own eyes. Which is not favourable.

It would be simplicity itself for the club to do everything it's currently doing with a different first team coach. To say that Ramsey is our last chance is indeed melodramatic nonsense.
[Post edited 2 Oct 2015 15:07]

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Food for thought from Dave Mac... on 15:16 - Oct 2 with 1643 viewsjamois

I posted on page 1 of this and have since sat back to reflect. A lot of what's been written has had a positive and cathartic effect on me. If I could blend the recent postings of Neil and DaveB into one seamless differential equation then I would. I have been a Ramsey detractor of late but it is true to say there is a bigger picture here.

One self-realisation is that perhaps it is more difficult to manage a football team then I realise. Just because I've recently watched a highly paid bunch of young men running about (did I say running? sorry, lollopping about) the pitch like headless worms, it doesn't necessarily mean that Ramsey hasn't tried to prepare well and given thoroughly sensible coaching and instructions on how to play pre-match. Things just don't always work out as planned. I do think he could get more out of this squad, I often think that I am the right man for the job, not him, (the things I can see that he cannot etc), and I do think he needs to start demonstrating tactical and motivational capability more consistently soon, rather than just away at Hull and Wolves. And we as supporters need to try and keep the collective atmosphere light so the players can play without fear and therefore play better (and Wolves is also a good example of that).

But the direction of the club IS a more positive one. I just hope that Ramsey is a good and open-minded learner, that he improves and that the club's executive don't effectively cut their nose to spite their face by keeping him on regardless of on-pitch events. Yes, we need stability and a QPR-ethos, but not at the expense of playing progress. I hope they have milestones and targets in place to understand what they are achieving, and an action plan if they are not.

If Bolton is another Fulham-esque debacle however, I'm putting in my application and I'll have Disco as my Bondy, DaveB as my Steve Black, Neil and PP sharing the Hoddle duties. It's got Capital Cup glory written all over it.

Poll: What's our back 4 for Wembley?

Food for thought from Dave Mac... on 16:38 - Oct 2 with 1584 viewsGetMeRangers

Food for thought from Dave Mac... on 15:07 - Oct 2 by kensalriser

The central argument of Dave's piece - and Neil's post - it seems to me, is that we need to be patient because the key people are all trying to do the right thing.

This is fine if you believe that Ramsey is a talented manager who will soon come good. Otherwise the argument is redundant. And there is no evidence or even suggestion that he will soon come good. We can't point to his past successes or achievements because there are none. So all we have to go on is the evidence of our own eyes. Which is not favourable.

It would be simplicity itself for the club to do everything it's currently doing with a different first team coach. To say that Ramsey is our last chance is indeed melodramatic nonsense.
[Post edited 2 Oct 2015 15:07]

Some feel management means more than delivering results on the pitch.... like Ollie

Everyone talks about your win rate. It doesn't work that way. What about the money you're given? What about the balance of your books? What about improving players? What about the cost your squad? When I took over at QPR the costs when we got relegated were over £5m then I put them back in the Championship three years later on a budget close to £2m. That's management, when you put a club back with a better structure and a more stable environment.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024