Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Oh Bobby Zamora 19:51 - Dec 14 with 2407 viewsrunningman75

Will any home fans be singing that tomorrow night?
Oh Bobby Zamora on 19:54 - Dec 14 with 2401 viewsQPR_John

Hopefully not during the game
Oh Bobby Zamora on 20:23 - Dec 14 with 2344 viewsWokingR

I'd imagine we all will at some stage
Oh Bobby Zamora on 20:50 - Dec 14 with 2272 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

If he gets ignored while Barton get's a chant, then I don't really want to go to QPR anymore....
[Post edited 14 Dec 2015 20:56]
Oh Bobby Zamora on 20:56 - Dec 14 with 2237 viewsaston_hoop

Once we are 3-0 up and he gets subbed off, I'll lead the chorus. Nah...just kidding. I won;t be there

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Oh Bobby Zamora on 21:36 - Dec 14 with 2141 viewsBromleyR

Yes, but it will be a celebration of that moment rather than the man.
Oh Bobby Zamora on 10:39 - Dec 15 with 1922 viewsPinnerPaul

Oh Bobby Zamora on 21:36 - Dec 14 by BromleyR

Yes, but it will be a celebration of that moment rather than the man.

Thats more than a little churlish!
Oh Bobby Zamora on 10:49 - Dec 15 with 1908 viewsdaveB

thought he did well for us when he played, was very good last season in that run before Christmas. I hope he gets a good reception
Oh Bobby Zamora on 10:50 - Dec 15 with 1907 viewsNorthernr

Oh Bobby Zamora on 10:39 - Dec 15 by PinnerPaul

Thats more than a little churlish!

I'm with him. Zamora was, by and large, absolute pony for us - hugely expensive, permanently injured. He'll always be a legend for the goal, and I guess the promotion paid for his four years of big money, but he was an awful signing overall.
Login to get fewer ads

Oh Bobby Zamora on 10:56 - Dec 15 with 1881 viewsDiscodroids

Oh Bobby Zamora on 10:50 - Dec 15 by Northernr

I'm with him. Zamora was, by and large, absolute pony for us - hugely expensive, permanently injured. He'll always be a legend for the goal, and I guess the promotion paid for his four years of big money, but he was an awful signing overall.

thank god for that post, i thought i was in an alternate reality, he scored something like 4 goals in his last 45 games for us.

Thanks for THAT wonderful day my wee greyfriars bobby, but fu ck me,in Fiscal matters, you didnt do to bad out of us either.
[Post edited 15 Dec 2015 10:57]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Oh Bobby Zamora on 10:58 - Dec 15 with 1878 viewshoof_hearted

The cheering of him was ironic when it first started that season but became euphoric for THAT moment. He may have been largely pony and unable to walk but he gave me the best moment of my 40 years watching QPR. I'll sing his name loudly before the game then boo the knut if he scores.
Oh Bobby Zamora on 11:30 - Dec 15 with 1812 viewsPinnerPaul

He also got us to Wembley as well.

We paid a lot of players a lot of money and many/most gave us far less back than Mr Z.

Take your point about number of games/goals but there were a lot worse signings over last 4 years.
Oh Bobby Zamora on 11:57 - Dec 15 with 1768 viewsJonDoeman

Heard that Brighton have got 10 points from his goals ?

It Is What It Is !!

Oh Bobby Zamora on 12:11 - Dec 15 with 1732 viewsBluce_Ree

Let's not suck Zamora clean off when he's playing against us. F**king hell, LFW. It's not rocket science. Strikers are about confidence. Having a whole ground bigging him up isn't going to do us any favours. We need the points, not Zamora's man-spaff all over our chops.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Oh Bobby Zamora on 12:13 - Dec 15 with 1724 viewsAntti_Heinola

absolutely spot on. It actually irks me that he got that goal - he did nothing to deserve the glory he got there. Annoys me to this day the chance didn't fall to Charlie who almost single-handedly got us promoted.

Bare bones.

Oh Bobby Zamora on 12:32 - Dec 15 with 1700 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Wembley aside, he'd disappear into the QPR annuls of time as a failure. I haven't forgot that sending off that cost us either.

But........

I don't want the records to show that we gave Barton the time of day and gave Zamora the cold shoulder.

I'm a bit obsessive about this.
Oh Bobby Zamora on 12:58 - Dec 15 with 1647 viewspaulparker

This

fans have short memories as he was an utter disgrace the season we went down under hughes & redcrap , he was on something like 60k a week and just strolling around ,
yes he did he ok with that goal and last season he was also ok but that's it
i find it strange that fans have a pop at Adel, NW , routledge & co but think the likes of gary oneil, hoilett & Zamora are hero's , strange
he deserves a ripple of applause of course , but he isn't Stainrod, Byrne, Bannister, Wegerle, or les ,

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Oh Bobby Zamora on 13:02 - Dec 15 with 1637 viewsDiscodroids

Oh Bobby Zamora on 12:13 - Dec 15 by Antti_Heinola

absolutely spot on. It actually irks me that he got that goal - he did nothing to deserve the glory he got there. Annoys me to this day the chance didn't fall to Charlie who almost single-handedly got us promoted.

fu ckin bravo, give that man a cigar.

along with the niko, niko kranjcar chant , the zamora one gave me a dull ache in the left bollock.
[Post edited 15 Dec 2015 13:05]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Oh Bobby Zamora on 13:03 - Dec 15 with 1637 viewsJuzzie

Thanks for 'that' moment but by and large he wasn't a great signing for us. Came good the last few months but that was all he did in a few years.

I will join in if it's sung when the teams are announced but nowhere else.
Oh Bobby Zamora on 13:07 - Dec 15 with 1603 viewsJAPRANGERS

If he gets an own goal or 3, I guess it will be OK to fete him??
Oh Bobby Zamora on 13:32 - Dec 15 with 1559 viewsrobith

Oh Bobby Zamora on 12:13 - Dec 15 by Antti_Heinola

My memory is hazy but I remember Charlie missing a pretty good chance around 75 minutes?

He looked that day like his history there with Swindon was getting on top of him
Oh Bobby Zamora on 14:51 - Dec 15 with 1484 viewssuperhoopdownunder

Cheer Booby at the end of the game - not beforehand - apart from that goal he did bugger all for us - apart from get paid very well and contribute very little
Oh Bobby Zamora on 15:52 - Dec 15 with 1438 viewsJuzzie

Oh Bobby Zamora on 13:32 - Dec 15 by robith

My memory is hazy but I remember Charlie missing a pretty good chance around 75 minutes?

He looked that day like his history there with Swindon was getting on top of him

I think it's the fact Charlie did more over the course of the season rather than in one moment of one game.
Had he not been laid off for 3 months we might have gone up automatically, we really suffered without him.
Despite Taararbt getting all the plaudits, we really were not a one man team back in 2010/2011 but I do think we were a couple of seasons ago.
Oh Bobby Zamora on 15:56 - Dec 15 with 1428 viewsNorthernr

Oh Bobby Zamora on 11:30 - Dec 15 by PinnerPaul

He also got us to Wembley as well.

We paid a lot of players a lot of money and many/most gave us far less back than Mr Z.

Take your point about number of games/goals but there were a lot worse signings over last 4 years.

"He got us to Wembley as well"

Did he drive the bus? Austin scored both goals in the semi-final.
Oh Bobby Zamora on 15:59 - Dec 15 with 1417 viewsPinnerPaul

Oh Bobby Zamora on 15:56 - Dec 15 by Northernr

"He got us to Wembley as well"

Did he drive the bus? Austin scored both goals in the semi-final.

Come on Clive, both assisted to a greater or less extent by BZ, who had a very good game that night I seem to remember.

All I'm saying is in our long list of useless overpaid PL players he contributed more, much more in some cases, than many of the complete waste of spaces we have employed over last 5 years.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024