Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Joe Lumley 22:37 - Jan 12 with 6205 viewsQPRDave

Have we solved our Goalkeeper search?
Listening to the game, the commentators were full of praise for JL.
Would like to hear what the fans at the game thought of him
Joe Lumley on 23:02 - Jan 12 with 4593 viewsYorkRanger

I thought he did well. More commanding than Green and caught crosses well. Kicking was good and he was sharp off his line. Didnt have much to do in terms of saves from shots, what he did have was regulation stuff which he did well with. One early blip where he dropped a shot but then made a good follow up save.

I'd have no problem playing him at Rotherham
Joe Lumley on 23:15 - Jan 12 with 4517 viewsHollowayRanger

just saw the one minute highlights

frightening!!!!

but cant blame him much 3rd choice thrown in the deep end

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Joe Lumley on 00:01 - Jan 13 with 4406 viewsBluce_Ree

Just watched the highlights. For a game where he had nowt to do, well...

I know I'm Team Green but if that had been him doing that? Forum meltdown. Good luck to the kid but didn't look great on that admittedly meagre evidence.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Joe Lumley on 00:03 - Jan 13 with 4401 viewsconnell10

Joe Lumley on 00:01 - Jan 13 by Bluce_Ree

Just watched the highlights. For a game where he had nowt to do, well...

I know I'm Team Green but if that had been him doing that? Forum meltdown. Good luck to the kid but didn't look great on that admittedly meagre evidence.

Yep well the kid aint on 50 grand a week and aint played for england yet.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Joe Lumley on 01:13 - Jan 13 with 4323 viewsDieByYourSide

Our kids are rarely good enough to be honest. Rather play Lumley til Smithies is fit than trigger a contract extension for Green.

Poll: And it's hi ho

Joe Lumley on 10:40 - Jan 13 with 3869 viewsHOOPNO7

I would use Lumley as back up to Smithies. Tell Green to find a new club as he is surplus to requirements.
Joe Lumley on 10:41 - Jan 13 with 3862 viewsJamie

Deserves at least 10 games now to see what he's made of.
Joe Lumley on 11:02 - Jan 13 with 3808 viewskropotkin41

Has Green been dropped or is he injured?

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Login to get fewer ads

Joe Lumley on 11:22 - Jan 13 with 3755 viewsPinnerPaul

Joe Lumley on 23:02 - Jan 12 by YorkRanger

I thought he did well. More commanding than Green and caught crosses well. Kicking was good and he was sharp off his line. Didnt have much to do in terms of saves from shots, what he did have was regulation stuff which he did well with. One early blip where he dropped a shot but then made a good follow up save.

I'd have no problem playing him at Rotherham

Sooooooo apart from the "one early blip" and the goal of course , he was excellent!

Put Green in goal tonight, making those mistakes and how many on here would be saying HE was excellent?!
Joe Lumley on 11:28 - Jan 13 with 3722 viewsLongsufferingR

Difference of course is that was an 18 year old playing his second game due to injury and other circumstances. Green has proved on countless occasions he is a liability. At least let's give Smithies and Lumley a chance to show whether they are any good over a decent period of time.
Joe Lumley on 11:36 - Jan 13 with 3692 viewspaulparker

Keepers don't usually peak until they are 27/28 , plenty of time for Lumley
yes he may have been at fault for the goal , but he is just a kid who hasn't played with that back four in his life , he needs games , he needs to get confidence
id rather Lumley all day long than gormless Green , who cant kick , always drops a clanger, has the concentration span of a dead fish, and always gets beaten at his near post , bar the Wolves away game he has been shocking this season

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Joe Lumley on 11:38 - Jan 13 with 3679 viewsdaveB

he shouldn't have let the ball bounce but Rhodes did a good job of keeping him on his line. This will happen when you play kids, they will make mistakes but in time will get better.
Joe Lumley on 11:40 - Jan 13 with 3677 viewsCamberleyR

Joe Lumley on 11:22 - Jan 13 by PinnerPaul

Sooooooo apart from the "one early blip" and the goal of course , he was excellent!

Put Green in goal tonight, making those mistakes and how many on here would be saying HE was excellent?!

The major difference is that Lumley is a rookie making his way in the game and is also on probably less than a tenth of Green's weekly wage. With a young keeper you expect the odd blip and can forgive them.

When you've been a pro for 15-20 years and played for your country people have slightly higher expectations.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Joe Lumley on 11:46 - Jan 13 with 3643 viewsBluce_Ree

Our nonsense fans aren't going to give Joe the seven or eight years he needs to hit his peak that's for sure.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Joe Lumley on 11:51 - Jan 13 with 3628 viewsYorkRanger

maybe I'm just more willing to give a young player, that has come through the ranks, a chance. We could of course just hang him and see if we can a second or third string premier keeper on loan for £40k per week?
Joe Lumley on 12:03 - Jan 13 with 3573 viewsTonto

Joe Lumley on 11:02 - Jan 13 by kropotkin41

Has Green been dropped or is he injured?

Dropped - because if he plays 5 more games he triggers an automatic extension to his contract and we dont want to play it.

Smithies is injured (at exactly the wrong time from his POV!)

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Joe Lumley on 12:27 - Jan 13 with 3511 viewsnadera78

I'd be interested in hearing the views of some of the Goalkeepers on this board because I don't think the defenders help Lumley out a lot for that goal. As a defender I don't like seeing Onuoha drifting away from Rhodes and allowing him to muscle out our GK, the Chief really needs to be stronger there (said that often enough over the years).
Joe Lumley on 12:45 - Jan 13 with 3455 viewsJamie

Joe Lumley on 11:38 - Jan 13 by daveB

he shouldn't have let the ball bounce but Rhodes did a good job of keeping him on his line. This will happen when you play kids, they will make mistakes but in time will get better.

Which is a complete disgrace to be completely honest. How on earth can professional footballers leave a striker completely unmarked in the 6 yard box from a set piece. Especially when two of them instead of marking Rhodes retreated onto the line instead.

Should be two weeks wages for Perch & Onouha but of course at modern day QPR all involved will shrug their shoulders and forget it.
Joe Lumley on 12:55 - Jan 13 with 3422 viewsMonkey_Roots

Joe Lumley on 12:45 - Jan 13 by Jamie

Which is a complete disgrace to be completely honest. How on earth can professional footballers leave a striker completely unmarked in the 6 yard box from a set piece. Especially when two of them instead of marking Rhodes retreated onto the line instead.

Should be two weeks wages for Perch & Onouha but of course at modern day QPR all involved will shrug their shoulders and forget it.

I don't think fining a player for making a bad decision has ever been the norm - modern day or olden times. Can you imagine Gary Bannister cutting up his wife's credit card and cracking open a can of beans because he's missed a sitter and won't get paid for 2 weeks?

Modern day QPR has a lot to answer for, but lets not add cruel and unusual punishment into the mix.
Joe Lumley on 12:56 - Jan 13 with 3409 viewsconnell10

see my above post mate!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Joe Lumley on 13:03 - Jan 13 with 3360 viewsJamie

Joe Lumley on 12:55 - Jan 13 by Monkey_Roots

I don't think fining a player for making a bad decision has ever been the norm - modern day or olden times. Can you imagine Gary Bannister cutting up his wife's credit card and cracking open a can of beans because he's missed a sitter and won't get paid for 2 weeks?

Modern day QPR has a lot to answer for, but lets not add cruel and unusual punishment into the mix.

Leaving arguably the best striker in the league unmarked in the 6 yard box at a set piece doesn't count as a bad decision, that's gross negligence.
Joe Lumley on 13:36 - Jan 13 with 3253 viewsisawqpratwcity

"Modern day QPR has a lot to answer for, but lets not add cruel and unusual punishment into the mix."

Don't think you'll get too much sympathy round here. This is more a "Bring Back The Birch Coz Hanging's Too Good For 'Em" site. In Disco's imaginings, Mrs DD is delighted with her new gift, the gold-plated "Plums de Traore" earrings.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Joe Lumley on 13:41 - Jan 13 with 3232 viewsingeminate

Joe Lumley on 12:27 - Jan 13 by nadera78

I'd be interested in hearing the views of some of the Goalkeepers on this board because I don't think the defenders help Lumley out a lot for that goal. As a defender I don't like seeing Onuoha drifting away from Rhodes and allowing him to muscle out our GK, the Chief really needs to be stronger there (said that often enough over the years).

Terrible defending! The ball should never have been allowed to bounce there - unless keeps had a clear run at it. Not great positioning at back stick either - though the happened very fast.

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. PG Wodehouse
Poll: Should Jimmy be sacked?

Joe Lumley on 14:06 - Jan 13 with 3173 viewsstansleftfoot

Its great to see young players get a chance, its part of the famed pathway. QPR is a Football Club in transition, naturally the concern is where the final destination is likely to be.
We've seen untold errors by Green in exactly the same position, ie, within 6-10 yards of the goal line and between the posts.
Lumley's error in not coming for the first ball does not make him a bad keeper with no future.
Onouha as Captain has a responsibility to help and protect the young keeper.
Sadly Onouha has long term problems of wandering around the pitch, ball watching and poor distribution. He cannot be trusted to improve his game let alone look after rookie keepers.
On balance QPR would be far better off with a keeper who can distribute the ball quicker and with some degree of pace and accuracy with the prospect of learning how to dominate the penalty box.
The positives in our defence are Hall and little else, having Smithies and Lumley taking over from Green right now must be another positive.
Joe Lumley on 15:31 - Jan 13 with 3069 viewsNeil_SI

It's not the norm at all, it would be illegal to fine a player for something like that.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024