Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Accents that bug you the most. 16:57 - Feb 11 with 8259 viewsBoston

step forward the brummie.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Accents that bug you the most. on 17:10 - Feb 11 with 3201 viewsstowmarketrange

Danny Baker's new posh accent is my pet hate.For someone who got where he is by using his natural accent,he has now ditched it to get better jobs in the media.
It is only sometimes that he forgets and resorts to type.
Accents that bug you the most. on 17:19 - Feb 11 with 3175 viewsscot1963

Bristol and Scouse
Accents that bug you the most. on 17:26 - Feb 11 with 3157 viewsBklynRanger

This is an easy one for me:

In no particular order:

1. The throaty, croaky California valley girl accent that has swept across America over the last 10 years or so, used by men and women alike. Even if it came out in a flat monotone robot pitch it would be bad enough, but it also includes several ridiculous bells and whistles that every fcuker uses - like repetitively stressed words at the same particular parts of the sentences and rising cadences for no reason at all.

2. The kind of public school, plummey posh accent you might hear from hoorah henrys on the day of the Boat Race.
Accents that bug you the most. on 17:30 - Feb 11 with 3129 viewsRamseyR

That whole TOWIE chav essex socialite thing.
Accents that bug you the most. on 17:32 - Feb 11 with 3126 viewsDWQPR

Australian. For not being able to pronounce anything properly with the letter 'L' in it. Always pronounce their country's name as some kind of version of Austria. Also they end every sentence as if they are asking a question. Rent study suggested that their accent is a result of the early 'settlers' always being p1ssed.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Accents that bug you the most. on 17:35 - Feb 11 with 3113 viewsDorse

The accent that people do when they attempt to sound 'Jewish'. That sort of crap, sub-Fagin shyte that your basic pub 'joker' uses whilst singularly failing to notice the fixed rictus grins of even his barely hominid mates don't quite reach the eyes. Kunts.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Accents that bug you the most. on 17:54 - Feb 11 with 3083 viewsKonk

Accents that bug you the most. on 17:35 - Feb 11 by Dorse

The accent that people do when they attempt to sound 'Jewish'. That sort of crap, sub-Fagin shyte that your basic pub 'joker' uses whilst singularly failing to notice the fixed rictus grins of even his barely hominid mates don't quite reach the eyes. Kunts.

You mean Tom Hardy in Peaky Blinders? Kept expecting him to launch into "If I was a rich man..." Oi vey!

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Accents that bug you the most. on 18:02 - Feb 11 with 3068 viewsCamberleyR

Accents that bug you the most. on 17:26 - Feb 11 by BklynRanger

In no particular order:

1. The throaty, croaky California valley girl accent that has swept across America over the last 10 years or so, used by men and women alike. Even if it came out in a flat monotone robot pitch it would be bad enough, but it also includes several ridiculous bells and whistles that every fcuker uses - like repetitively stressed words at the same particular parts of the sentences and rising cadences for no reason at all.

2. The kind of public school, plummey posh accent you might hear from hoorah henrys on the day of the Boat Race.

By number 1, I presume you mean that accent that those hideous Khardashian creatures speak with. I only know this as Mrs Camberley and the step daughter watch that abomination of a tv show.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Login to get fewer ads

Accents that bug you the most. on 18:07 - Feb 11 with 3053 viewsBklynRanger

Accents that bug you the most. on 18:02 - Feb 11 by CamberleyR

By number 1, I presume you mean that accent that those hideous Khardashian creatures speak with. I only know this as Mrs Camberley and the step daughter watch that abomination of a tv show.

I can't watch that or even think about them mate, but yes, it's probably a definite version of that.
Accents that bug you the most. on 18:08 - Feb 11 with 3052 viewsQPRDave

The brummie, black country accent ain't good, the northeast one is starting to grate a little now thanks to geordie shore tw*ts, and the scouse accent on, sounds like they have a huge phlegm build up in their throats ...urgh
Accents that bug you the most. on 18:11 - Feb 11 with 3041 viewseasthertsr

John Terry's
[Post edited 11 Feb 2016 18:11]
Accents that bug you the most. on 18:11 - Feb 11 with 3040 viewsJuzzie

Whiny, nasal New Yorkers.

Especially anyone that is like the Kardashians and the whole "like, totally,like, awesome, like...like...like" way it's spoken.
Accents that bug you the most. on 18:15 - Feb 11 with 3019 viewsBklynRanger

Accents that bug you the most. on 18:11 - Feb 11 by Juzzie

Especially anyone that is like the Kardashians and the whole "like, totally,like, awesome, like...like...like" way it's spoken.

The fcuking Kardashians don't have any kind of New York accent.

When I moved here I used have a lot of Brooklyn accents around me. All I hear now are hipster tvvats from all kinds of other places using those throaty accents.
[Post edited 11 Feb 2016 18:19]
Accents that bug you the most. on 19:01 - Feb 11 with 2939 viewsloftboy

Fücking Yorkshire, cünts the fücking lot of them.

Nb this is probably due to the fact the bloke my Mrs took up with before Christmas was from Leeds, resulted in me being a bit violent when we played them (I found out that week) and now resulting in me not seeing my kids.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Accents that bug you the most. on 19:12 - Feb 11 with 2917 viewsBoston

Accents that bug you the most. on 18:15 - Feb 11 by BklynRanger

The fcuking Kardashians don't have any kind of New York accent.

When I moved here I used have a lot of Brooklyn accents around me. All I hear now are hipster tvvats from all kinds of other places using those throaty accents.
[Post edited 11 Feb 2016 18:19]

Word is that those with Brooklyn accents moved out when the plummy London crowd came in! 'ere does Brooklyn Beckham count?

Accents that bug you the most. on 19:16 - Feb 11 with 2903 viewsBoston

Accents that bug you the most. on 18:11 - Feb 11 by Juzzie

As mentioned by Brooker's, the Khardigans (real sweater girls), actually have valley girl accents, named for it's place of origin, The San Fernando Valley.

Accents that bug you the most. on 19:20 - Feb 11 with 2890 viewsaston_hoop

The manchester accent (and surrounding area). Just really never liked it, just sounds horrible. Spent 4 year living in Brum so I got well used to that one. I work in the yachting industry and I talk on a daily basis to a lot of Aussie surfer types who work on these boats, will never get used to that one (apologies to any of the decent Aussies on here) (no apologies to any Mancs, you have a horrible accent). Used to go out with a girl from North Lincolnshire, that was bloody awful too. Anyway, I'm a nice person really.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Accents that bug you the most. on 19:25 - Feb 11 with 2874 viewsjamois

Accents that bug you the most. on 17:26 - Feb 11 by BklynRanger

In no particular order:

No 2 above from Bklyn wins hands down for me. There's an epidemic sweeping across Britain as the middle classes leverage their overvalued homes to send little Timmy and Bella to private (public) school; livin' the dream innit? And now everywhere you go you hear these teenagers whose Rs come out like Ws and who've generally swallowed an entire fuucking woodland of plum trees. Cannot understand half of what they say. And their parents are so proud.

Poll: What's our back 4 for Wembley?

Accents that bug you the most. on 19:28 - Feb 11 with 2862 viewsLongsufferingR

Accents that bug you the most. on 19:25 - Feb 11 by jamois

No 2 above from Bklyn wins hands down for me. There's an epidemic sweeping across Britain as the middle classes leverage their overvalued homes to send little Timmy and Bella to private (public) school; livin' the dream innit? And now everywhere you go you hear these teenagers whose Rs come out like Ws and who've generally swallowed an entire fuucking woodland of plum trees. Cannot understand half of what they say. And their parents are so proud.

Are you sure you're ready for Saturday walking past the School End then?
Accents that bug you the most. on 19:33 - Feb 11 with 2852 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Accents that bug you the most. on 17:30 - Feb 11 by RamseyR

That whole TOWIE chav essex socialite thing.

At least they are authentic.

Good luck to them. Rather money in their pockets than Gideon's.
Accents that bug you the most. on 19:42 - Feb 11 with 2829 viewsexiled_dictator

i don't know about bugging me the most, but every time steven gerrard spoke, i would need a translator. same with paul gascoigne.

It's not what you've got; it's where you stick it.
Poll: Climate Change

Accents that bug you the most. on 19:46 - Feb 11 with 2824 viewsenfieldargh

Chinese Brian Sewell impersonator...with a lisp

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Accents that bug you the most. on 19:49 - Feb 11 with 2812 viewsMatch82

No real reason for it but the South African accent really grates on me
Accents that bug you the most. on 19:54 - Feb 11 with 2807 viewsBklynRanger

Accents that bug you the most. on 19:25 - Feb 11 by jamois

I know you came back from CR not that long ago Jamois, didn't you?. Commiserations! :)

Sounds like you've been noticing more of it. Shit.
Accents that bug you the most. on 19:58 - Feb 11 with 2793 viewsMrSheen

Dublin, makes Scouse sound honey-toned. Sorry Dubliners, can't bear it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024