Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Record on live tv anyone? 02:07 - Feb 17 with 2645 viewssuperhoopdownunder

Does anyone know our record on live tv games?

Ever since games have been on live tv (since way back in 1984) I seem to recollect our record has been appalling - with the odd exception like Man Utd 1 QPR 4

Generally whenever the cameras turn up we seem to play rubbish and lose.
Record on live tv anyone? on 03:17 - Feb 17 with 2624 viewsFredManRave

Aren't we now 2nd in the league of shittiest teams in the F.A.Cup?! I'd guess we'd be there or thereabouts in the league of shittiest teams to have played on live tv.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Record on live tv anyone? on 08:05 - Feb 17 with 2556 viewsWalnut

On a related note, the April live choices should be made just after the weekend. Of course we're of no interest anymore this season but we may get picked based on our opponents, likliest is the Boro home game
Record on live tv anyone? on 09:36 - Feb 17 with 2489 viewsdaveB

This season the record is won 1, lost 6 and drawn 3 but it's just an excuse really, the cameras are at the ground every week so shouldn't make the slightest bit of difference
Record on live tv anyone? on 10:22 - Feb 17 with 2436 viewssuperhoopdownunder

Record on live tv anyone? on 09:36 - Feb 17 by daveB

This season the record is won 1, lost 6 and drawn 3 but it's just an excuse really, the cameras are at the ground every week so shouldn't make the slightest bit of difference

Dave it should not matter as cameras are at every game but clearly it must matter especially as our results when a game is live on tv are far worse than when the game is not shown live - it has been this way for over 30 years now
Record on live tv anyone? on 10:43 - Feb 17 with 2410 viewsDorse

I think it's all a clever campaign of disinformation so that we can pounce on unsuspecting non-televised teams. We just lure them in... then BANG!

Sadly the bang was, in fact, another ACL injury.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Record on live tv anyone? on 10:50 - Feb 17 with 2405 viewsdaveB

Record on live tv anyone? on 10:22 - Feb 17 by superhoopdownunder

Dave it should not matter as cameras are at every game but clearly it must matter especially as our results when a game is live on tv are far worse than when the game is not shown live - it has been this way for over 30 years now

They also tend to put our harder games on tv which we'd have probably lost at 3pm on a Saturday anyway, i think it's more in our heads than the players
Record on live tv anyone? on 11:05 - Feb 17 with 2394 viewsJuzzie

Record on live tv anyone? on 03:17 - Feb 17 by FredManRave

Aren't we now 2nd in the league of shittiest teams in the F.A.Cup?! I'd guess we'd be there or thereabouts in the league of shittiest teams to have played on live tv.

I think we were joint 2nd with Forest meaning their win put us 2nd and them 3rd. Plymouth I think are 1st.

As for TV, I don't know the full figures figures but I think we've played 10 live games this season and we have won ONE.... and that was due to a 90th minute clanger from Reading goalie.

Previous seasons aren't much better.

It's quite simply appalling.
Record on live tv anyone? on 11:07 - Feb 17 with 2393 viewssuperhoopdownunder

Record on live tv anyone? on 10:50 - Feb 17 by daveB

They also tend to put our harder games on tv which we'd have probably lost at 3pm on a Saturday anyway, i think it's more in our heads than the players

True
But even when we had a quality team in the early 90's we used to lose most of the games people (outside of QPR fans) expected us to win
Login to get fewer ads

Record on live tv anyone? on 12:05 - Feb 17 with 2337 viewsstowmarketrange

It must be mainly a Sky tv thing.When they show their 2 hour highlights program from 92/93 all they ever show of us is losses.
I don't know how we managed to finish 5th that year because it looks like we lost every single game.Or is it just Sky bias?
Record on live tv anyone? on 12:31 - Feb 17 with 2300 viewspaulparker

we used up our one result live against Man Utd in 92 , ever since then the football gods have p1ssed all over us from a great height

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Record on live tv anyone? on 12:44 - Feb 17 with 2275 viewsisawqpratwcity

Record on live tv anyone? on 12:05 - Feb 17 by stowmarketrange

It must be mainly a Sky tv thing.When they show their 2 hour highlights program from 92/93 all they ever show of us is losses.
I don't know how we managed to finish 5th that year because it looks like we lost every single game.Or is it just Sky bias?

Top London team that season, with Villa, Norwich and Blackburn 2nd-4th. Probably a fair few noses out of joint when they were compiling that package.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Record on live tv anyone? on 12:58 - Feb 17 with 2245 viewsBluce_Ree

Nah we're sh1te. Back in the day it was worth it but these days, just get the end of season DVD.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Record on live tv anyone? on 14:36 - Feb 17 with 2154 viewsMancR

Record on live tv anyone? on 09:36 - Feb 17 by daveB

And the game we actually won on TV was the abysmal last minute own goal at reading! Boy we've been so crap on TV:(
Record on live tv anyone? on 16:44 - Feb 17 with 2086 viewsHayesender

What was our very first live TV game?

82 cup final?

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Record on live tv anyone? on 16:49 - Feb 17 with 2075 viewsFredManRave

Record on live tv anyone? on 16:44 - Feb 17 by Hayesender

82 cup final?

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Record on live tv anyone? on 16:49 - Feb 17 with 2072 viewspaulparker

Record on live tv anyone? on 16:44 - Feb 17 by Hayesender

82 cup final?

could well of been Hayes

I think our first live game at HQ wasn't until 84/85 when we played Man Utd at home on a Friday night ? pretty sure Bobby Charlton was doing the co commentary

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Record on live tv anyone? on 17:00 - Feb 17 with 2058 viewsWalnut

Record on live tv anyone? on 16:49 - Feb 17 by paulparker

could well of been Hayes

I think our first live game at HQ wasn't until 84/85 when we played Man Utd at home on a Friday night ? pretty sure Bobby Charlton was doing the co commentary

Friday night v Man U but 83/84
Record on live tv anyone? on 17:07 - Feb 17 with 2043 viewsAntti_Heinola

Didn't we have some good wins on Sky under De Canio? The Buzsaky years, basically. I remember we thrashed promotion-bound... Stoke, was it? We've beat Reading on TV a couple of times at least.

Bare bones.

Record on live tv anyone? on 17:59 - Feb 17 with 2007 viewsHayesender

Record on live tv anyone? on 16:49 - Feb 17 by FredManRave

Remember this game well. First time I ever had to buy a ticket to stand in the paddock if memory serves me right.

Also first time I ever stood in the east paddock. I always stood in the west paddock, but my brother got his east and west mixed up when he went down to get my ticket

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Record on live tv anyone? on 18:12 - Feb 17 with 1986 viewsCamberleyR

One thing I've noticed about those telly captions is they were still using our 70s badge and not the one introduced for the 1982 cup final.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Record on live tv anyone? on 22:07 - Feb 17 with 1893 viewsLowerloftLad

I seem to recall a 1-0 win v Derby being live

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Record on live tv anyone? on 14:01 - Feb 18 with 1751 viewsPinnerPaul

Record on live tv anyone? on 10:22 - Feb 17 by superhoopdownunder

Selective memory I think.

In our promotion season under Warnock we were often chosen as the live game and often won.
As Dave says in the PL EVERY game is live somewhere with a full OB covering every one so not sure that counts - we WERE rubbish both last 2 PL seasons but think there were 1
or 2 other reasons for that rather than being camera shy!
Record on live tv anyone? on 14:04 - Feb 18 with 1745 viewsJuzzie

They have the apostrophe!
Record on live tv anyone? on 02:28 - Feb 19 with 1647 viewssuperhoopdownunder

Record on live tv anyone? on 14:01 - Feb 18 by PinnerPaul

Selective memory I think.

In our promotion season under Warnock we were often chosen as the live game and often won.
As Dave says in the PL EVERY game is live somewhere with a full OB covering every one so not sure that counts - we WERE rubbish both last 2 PL seasons but think there were 1
or 2 other reasons for that rather than being camera shy!

Warnock's promotion season may be an exception - along with Derby in the Play off final.
Yes, I know all games in the Premier League are live - my reasoning was based more on the games which were not on at the same time as other games - basically the games which would have been shown on sky over the years
I am very confident our record in those games over the years is terrible.
Even in the 1992/93 season we lost a lot of those games.

U R's
Record on live tv anyone? on 09:57 - Feb 19 with 1564 viewsMrNITK

Record on live tv anyone? on 17:07 - Feb 17 by Antti_Heinola

Didn't we have some good wins on Sky under De Canio? The Buzsaky years, basically. I remember we thrashed promotion-bound... Stoke, was it? We've beat Reading on TV a couple of times at least.

Like you say we've beaten Reading a couple of times. I could be wrong but even then I don't think we've got the better of them. From memory we have the 2 wins both 1-0 at Reading. We have 2 draws (Barton free kick game and McCarthy making those saves game) and 2 losses Cureton sending off game and a 3-1 defeat at home when Doyle scored. Probably missed a couple of losses off as well!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024