Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Two explosions this morning at Brussels Airport 07:56 - Mar 22 with 25383 viewsbosh67

Numbers injured, just up on the news.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Two explosions this morning at Brussels Airport on 13:40 - Mar 24 with 1536 viewsisawqpratwcity

Two explosions this morning at Brussels Airport on 13:15 - Mar 24 by TheBlob

Targets of opportunity rather than "random" attacks.There was considerable planning involved.
Well the genie is firmly out of the bottle - what to do now?As much as limp wrists will allow.Just watch your backs,especially this weekend.

I'd agree with the 'targets of opportunity' bit.

If there is any pattern to this bombing, it is which bunch of terrorists where has managed to build up the capacity to undertake an attack. After that the targets are just low-hanging fruit.
[Post edited 24 Mar 2016 13:47]

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Two explosions this morning at Brussels Airport on 13:57 - Mar 24 with 1504 viewspaulparker

Two explosions this morning at Brussels Airport on 13:16 - Mar 24 by BazzaInTheLoft

No.

But bombing poor people in Iraq and Afghanistan, privatising everything to fvck, and being matey with New Corp and big Corporation is hardly Che Guevara type behaviour is it?

And to be clear, We have been without a Labour government for six years now. Will everyone still be claiming them at the next election?

[Post edited 24 Mar 2016 13:21]

Mass Immigration to the point they didn't have a clue how many people were here
(jack straws words) anyone against them was branded racist (hello mrs duffy ) , thus undercutting the working man here
Selling all our gold & reserves for nothing, ruining the economy , cuts in the NHS , cuts in the Armed forces , poor crime rates, phony wars costing us millions , running the country into debt, final salary pensions being scrapped, peoples savings going down the crapper ,

id say that takes a bit longer than 6 years to repair wouldn't you

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Two explosions this morning at Brussels Airport on 14:01 - Mar 24 with 1479 viewsQPRDave

Two explosions this morning at Brussels Airport on 09:15 - Mar 24 by Rangers67

Yes I watched that Dave, frightening ! This is such a big problem that there is no easy answer to it I,m afraid and for a lot of people and their relatives its too late ( Paris, Brussels, London ). I like to think I take a fairly balanced view of the world and one thing that really gets me is this and previous governments failure to control who is coming into and out of this country. One of the most important things any government should do is protect its citizens, something our governments have all failed to do recently.
Take the situation of people going out to Syria or wherever to fight for ISIS and then being allowed back into this or other countries, absolute madness. Not only are we allowing citizens of this country to go abroad and potentially murder innocent people from another country, we then let them back into this country with all sorts of lunatic ideas in there head and who knows what skills they may have picked up.
The solutions to these problems are multi faceted but all religions are responsible over the course of history for being the root cause of conflict. I would start with education and ban ALL faith schools pronto. We also need some politicians who have some balls and implement policies that protect people in this country first and put the so called human rights of these lunatics second ( dream on ). Now I don,t want to come across as some sort of right wing nutter because my politics aren,t of that persuasion but there was a politician in the sixties who predicted all this and he was ridiculed.....but he was right !

Well said 67
I think there are a lot of people that need to open their eyes, preferably those in power, and that we need to reclaim our borders , enforce our laws & ban some parts of muslim culture being acted out in this country
[Post edited 24 Mar 2016 14:03]
Two explosions this morning at Brussels Airport on 14:07 - Mar 24 with 1465 viewsTheBlob

If I was younger I'd get the f*ck out before the shit hits the fan.
Canada seems a nice place,plenty of room......or New Zealand,but can you get a decent ruby there?

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Two explosions this morning at Brussels Airport on 15:19 - Mar 24 with 1427 viewskensalriser

Two explosions this morning at Brussels Airport on 11:26 - Mar 24 by paulparker

We can respond to events in Brussels with a quiet and dignified sympathy, with candles and silences.

yep that will show them Jihadi's

That's part of it.

Terrorists love a spectacle, that's what it's all about for them. Rolling 24 hour news coverage, knee-jerk reactions, empty rhetoric from politicians, hand-wringing, candlelit vigils, flags projected on prominent buildings, mawkish twitter campaigns...all grist to the jihadi mill.

Meantime no-one gives a fck about the latest hundreds of poor cnts murdered in Turkey, Syria, Iraq etc.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Two explosions this morning at Brussels Airport on 15:48 - Mar 24 with 1389 viewsClive_Anderson

Two explosions this morning at Brussels Airport on 12:48 - Mar 24 by Konk

In response to Treehorning's comments, I didn't see where Jenkins says the fault for the attacks lies with the West, simply that the way we conduct/have conducted foreign policy doesn't help: do you think the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq have helped? That locking-up people for years in Guantanamo Bay, often with no evidence, has helped? Drone strikes that wipe out civilians are good for PR? That propping up dictators in the Arab world or elsewhere has helped? That cosying up to the Saudis, despite their pivotal/central role in the spread of Salafist extremism throughout the Muslim world helps?

The blame and responsibility lies 100% with the murderers and the people who preach the sh it they choose to follow, but we haven't helped ourselves in terms of generating resentment against the West.

As for the terrorist attacks in general being random - surely they are? If you can't predict when or where they will occur: it's not like they happen in the main square at 10am on the first Sunday of the month - they're surely random? EDIT: He seems to think it's not random that terrorists based in Brussels should attack Brussels - agreed, but the general point is that you never know when or where an attack might take place. And it was surely random that terrorists from Brussels should choose to launch their attacks in Paris that Friday night? That was hardly inevitable or always on the cards.
[Post edited 24 Mar 2016 12:59]

Problem with that theory is that It's not just the West where there is violent jihadism, it's everywhere where Islam meets non-Islam through Africa, the Middle East and Asia.

There is literally nothing we can do that will "help" because we're faced with an ideology that encourages people to wage war on anyone different to themselves which they've been doing for 1400 years.

"That propping up dictators in the Arab world or elsewhere has helped?"

This is a good example of the West getting blamed regardless of what they do.
Get rid of dictators like Saddam Hussein and the resulting shit show is our fault. Prop up dictators and that's our fault too.

And as for that article saying that people being shocked over the bombings is as frightening as the bombings themselves, what a load of old cock.
Two explosions this morning at Brussels Airport on 15:50 - Mar 24 with 1381 viewspaulparker

Two explosions this morning at Brussels Airport on 15:19 - Mar 24 by kensalriser

That's part of it.

Terrorists love a spectacle, that's what it's all about for them. Rolling 24 hour news coverage, knee-jerk reactions, empty rhetoric from politicians, hand-wringing, candlelit vigils, flags projected on prominent buildings, mawkish twitter campaigns...all grist to the jihadi mill.

Meantime no-one gives a fck about the latest hundreds of poor cnts murdered in Turkey, Syria, Iraq etc.

Meantime no-one gives a fck about the latest hundreds of poor cnts murdered in Turkey, Syria, Iraq

well I would say they do, plenty of people in this country don't want any war or any bombing campaign
but ask yourself do the people who live in Turkey , Syria, Irag , give a fcuk about the people of Belgium, Paris , London who have been murdered ?

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Two explosions this morning at Brussels Airport on 15:54 - Mar 24 with 1372 viewsBoston

When you're looking for needles in a haystack you don't pile on more hay.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Login to get fewer ads

Two explosions this morning at Brussels Airport on 16:14 - Mar 24 with 1333 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Two explosions this morning at Brussels Airport on 13:57 - Mar 24 by paulparker

Mass Immigration to the point they didn't have a clue how many people were here
(jack straws words) anyone against them was branded racist (hello mrs duffy ) , thus undercutting the working man here
Selling all our gold & reserves for nothing, ruining the economy , cuts in the NHS , cuts in the Armed forces , poor crime rates, phony wars costing us millions , running the country into debt, final salary pensions being scrapped, peoples savings going down the crapper ,

id say that takes a bit longer than 6 years to repair wouldn't you

I think you think i'm trying to defend New Labour but the only thing we'll disagree on is who hates them more me or you.

In the last six years, everything you listed has gotten worse.
[Post edited 24 Mar 2016 16:16]
Two explosions this morning at Brussels Airport on 16:25 - Mar 24 with 1315 viewskensalriser

Except crime. I can never find evidence that crime itself is rising as fast as fear and perception of crime. London murder rates for example have been lower in the last four years than any other years over the last 25.

Two explosions this morning at Brussels Airport (n/t) on 16:26 - Mar 24 with 1314 viewsBoston

Two explosions this morning at Brussels Airport on 16:14 - Mar 24 by BazzaInTheLoft

I think you think i'm trying to defend New Labour but the only thing we'll disagree on is who hates them more me or you.

In the last six years, everything you listed has gotten worse.
[Post edited 24 Mar 2016 16:16]

A supertanker turns off its engines fifteen miles before it stops.
[Post edited 24 Mar 2016 16:29]

Two explosions this morning at Brussels Airport on 16:30 - Mar 24 with 1304 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Two explosions this morning at Brussels Airport on 16:25 - Mar 24 by kensalriser

Except crime. I can never find evidence that crime itself is rising as fast as fear and perception of crime. London murder rates for example have been lower in the last four years than any other years over the last 25.

Good news doesn't sell.
Two explosions this morning at Brussels Airport on 16:31 - Mar 24 with 1304 viewsBoston

Two explosions this morning at Brussels Airport on 16:25 - Mar 24 by kensalriser

You should question why the criterion for reporting crime has changed so much.

Two explosions this morning at Brussels Airport (n/t) on 16:31 - Mar 24 with 1302 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Two explosions this morning at Brussels Airport (n/t) on 16:26 - Mar 24 by Boston

A supertanker turns off its engines fifteen miles before it stops.
[Post edited 24 Mar 2016 16:29]

Doesn't accelerate though does it.

Full of the witty quotes today I see.
[Post edited 24 Mar 2016 16:32]
Two explosions this morning at Brussels Airport on 17:12 - Mar 24 with 1267 viewskensalriser

Two explosions this morning at Brussels Airport on 16:31 - Mar 24 by Boston

You should question why the criterion for reporting crime has changed so much.

I'm gonna question you on that one then! What's changed and why?

Murder has to be a tough stat to manipulate, though.

Two explosions this morning at Brussels Airport on 17:14 - Mar 24 with 1262 viewsTheBlob

Hey,I feel safer already.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Two explosions this morning at Brussels Airport on 17:25 - Mar 24 with 1244 viewsHollowayRanger

Two explosions this morning at Brussels Airport on 11:26 - Mar 24 by paulparker

We can respond to events in Brussels with a quiet and dignified sympathy, with candles and silences.

yep that will show them Jihadi's

know sadly some people think love is the answer

love don't stop bombs

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Two explosions this morning at Brussels Airport on 17:38 - Mar 24 with 1230 viewsHollowayRanger

Two explosions this morning at Brussels Airport on 15:50 - Mar 24 by paulparker

Meantime no-one gives a fck about the latest hundreds of poor cnts murdered in Turkey, Syria, Iraq

well I would say they do, plenty of people in this country don't want any war or any bombing campaign
but ask yourself do the people who live in Turkey , Syria, Irag , give a fcuk about the people of Belgium, Paris , London who have been murdered ?

of course people care

but sadly its almost expected to happen out there as that's how they do things out there

we don't expect it to happen here ,but as we and Europe as a whole have allowed free movement alone with that has come the bombers

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Two explosions this morning at Brussels Airport on 17:52 - Mar 24 with 1207 viewsJuzzie

Two explosions this morning at Brussels Airport on 17:38 - Mar 24 by HollowayRanger

of course people care

but sadly its almost expected to happen out there as that's how they do things out there

we don't expect it to happen here ,but as we and Europe as a whole have allowed free movement alone with that has come the bombers

It happens so often out there it's probably become 'the norm' in terms of news worthyness. Soon it'll be the norm here and will stop being headline news.

One day I'll be sitting at my desk and hear a 'booom' in the near distance.

"Damn, another suicide bomber, that'll screw up the rush hour traffic now."

Unless dealt with, it will be as blasé as that I fear.

[Post edited 24 Mar 2016 17:54]
Two explosions this morning at Brussels Airport on 19:46 - Mar 24 with 1137 viewsjohncharles

Two explosions this morning at Brussels Airport on 14:07 - Mar 24 by TheBlob

If I was younger I'd get the f*ck out before the shit hits the fan.
Canada seems a nice place,plenty of room......or New Zealand,but can you get a decent ruby there?

New Zealand is producing some good beers these days and the wine has been great for a few years.
Much closer to India you get your Hasina, Peshwari Nan and Katmandu Dhal delivered.

Strong and stable my arse.

Two explosions this morning at Brussels Airport on 20:02 - Mar 24 with 1116 viewsDeano19766

Two explosions this morning at Brussels Airport on 19:46 - Mar 24 by johncharles

New Zealand is producing some good beers these days and the wine has been great for a few years.
Much closer to India you get your Hasina, Peshwari Nan and Katmandu Dhal delivered.

Hottest curry I ever had was when on tour watching England in NZ. In a pub in Dunedin. Could only eat a few mouthfuls then had to give up. And I love a hot curry (the best ones being in North India and Bangladesh)
Two explosions this morning at Brussels Airport on 11:47 - Mar 25 with 1003 viewsbosh67

Missing Britain, David Dixon just confirmed as one of the fatalities in the Brussels attack. Very sad. RIP.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Two explosions this morning at Brussels Airport on 12:22 - Mar 25 with 981 viewsMrSheen

Oh dear.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-35893123
Two explosions this morning at Brussels Airport on 13:00 - Mar 25 with 958 viewsBrightonhoop

Found elsewhere..... 'I had a friend some years ago, that was an Imam, I worked with him occasionally. We fell out over his take on the 9/11 events, he said, amongst other things, they all deserved being killed and if he knew where Bin Laden was, he wouldn't let on. I never bothered with him after that, he retired and I never saw him again, until he was shown on the telly weeping for his daughter, she's been killed in the 7/7 bombings. I asked his old mates if it was really him, coz I couldn't believe it, they all said yes. Terribly sad, but ironic to say the least.'
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024