Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wimbledon 18:18 - May 30 with 5005 viewsBoston

...sorta pleased for them, difficult as I've never really liked or had any time for the club. Yes, yes, was around for their 'plucky, heroic' cup runs but still never warmed to the outfit . Same with Dagenham & Redbridge now I think about it and Barnet and....
[Post edited 30 May 2016 18:19]

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Wimbledon on 18:26 - May 30 with 3560 viewsbosh67

Me too. That game against MK will be a bit tasty next season.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Wimbledon on 18:53 - May 30 with 3493 viewsstowmarketrange

They have been treated by the FA in the past,so they deserve the success they've earned.

I saw them play in the FA cup qualifying rounds against my local non league team,Debenham Leisure Centre,and they had a couple of thousand fans there.They normally only get about 50 up here for there home games so it was a big event up here.I think the Dons won quite easily 4-0.I hope they do the double over the MK plastics next season.
Wimbledon on 19:06 - May 30 with 3448 viewsBoston

Wimbledon on 18:26 - May 30 by bosh67

Me too. That game against MK will be a bit tasty next season.

That my friend, does get my attention.

Wimbledon on 20:18 - May 30 with 3303 viewsCamberleyR

Wimbledon on 18:53 - May 30 by stowmarketrange

They have been treated by the FA in the past,so they deserve the success they've earned.

I saw them play in the FA cup qualifying rounds against my local non league team,Debenham Leisure Centre,and they had a couple of thousand fans there.They normally only get about 50 up here for there home games so it was a big event up here.I think the Dons won quite easily 4-0.I hope they do the double over the MK plastics next season.

I can remember their first season after forming in 2002 and playing in the Combined Counties League. I think their first ever league game was at Sandhurst Town, just down the road from me at the time, who do literally get one man and a dog normally. I think there was nearly two and a half thousand there that day.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Wimbledon on 20:31 - May 30 with 3268 viewsdaveB

fantastic achievement and proves what a ridiculous decsion it was by the FA, they should be ashamed of themselves
Wimbledon on 20:56 - May 30 with 3212 viewsstowmarketrange

Wimbledon on 20:31 - May 30 by daveB

fantastic achievement and proves what a ridiculous decsion it was by the FA, they should be ashamed of themselves

The FA have a long list of things that they should ashamed of,nominating and supporting Platini for the FIFA presidency,bowing to the big clubs over FA cup replays,ticket allocations for the final,holding the semis at Wembley,and allowing the final to ko at 5pm,are just some of their shameful decisions.
Wimbledon on 20:58 - May 30 with 3209 viewsNeil_SI

It's a fantastic achievement and the club is full of excellent people behind the scenes.

We've sponsored them from the outset, and when I say we, I mean the company I work for, so we've played a part in their success and they've always shown us tremendous respect and gratitude. The funds we provided in the early years helped them survive and prosper, and they've probably had bigger and better offers since, but have remained loyal to us until this day.
Wimbledon on 21:00 - May 30 with 3202 viewsFredManRave

How many fans did they take to the play off final?

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Login to get fewer ads

Wimbledon on 21:02 - May 30 with 3194 viewsdaveB

Wimbledon on 21:00 - May 30 by FredManRave

How many fans did they take to the play off final?

over 20,000
Wimbledon on 21:14 - May 30 with 3167 viewsFredManRave

Wimbledon on 21:02 - May 30 by daveB

over 20,000

Cheers Dave. Impressive number, almost as many as Hull!

It does make a nice change to have a pwopa football story in amongst all the "RazzMatazz" we have to put up with these days. Hope they stay up

AFC Wimbledon manager Neal Ardley: "It's surreal at the moment. It hasn't really sunk in.

"Once we got to Wembley, we prepared them to the letter about trying to win this game.

"To pull it off, to stand there in front of 25,000 people who 14 years ago had their club ripped away from them and have been through so much, to stand there as one of their own who's come through the ranks at the age of 11 - you can write anything you want, it doesn't get any better than that."
[Post edited 30 May 2016 21:32]

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Wimbledon on 21:21 - May 30 with 3150 viewsbosh67

Blimey, Adebayo Akinfenwa scores the winning goal and gets released by the club hours later. Football is a brutal game.

He's 34 and built like a world champion heavyweight boxer. Good scoring rate over his career. Imagine him and Polter up front next season. Most defenders would either get knocked out or just run away.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Wimbledon on 21:34 - May 30 with 3123 viewsNeil_SI

Wimbledon on 21:21 - May 30 by bosh67

Blimey, Adebayo Akinfenwa scores the winning goal and gets released by the club hours later. Football is a brutal game.

He's 34 and built like a world champion heavyweight boxer. Good scoring rate over his career. Imagine him and Polter up front next season. Most defenders would either get knocked out or just run away.

Because he scored at the end, the press and media will make out that he was released seconds or hours after the final whistle.

But the reality is he will have known of his fate in advance of the match, regardless of its outcome.
Wimbledon on 21:44 - May 30 with 3089 viewsted_hendrix

A great achievement for AFC Wimbledon, I'm chuffed for them.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Wimbledon on 21:49 - May 30 with 3070 viewseasthertsr

They are now at the same level as those bastards who took their club away from them and took it up to Milton Keynes, I hope next season they stuff them home and away!
Wimbledon on 21:56 - May 30 with 3043 viewsBoston

Wimbledon on 21:49 - May 30 by easthertsr

They are now at the same level as those bastards who took their club away from them and took it up to Milton Keynes, I hope next season they stuff them home and away!

I wonder if St Jude's Institute fans feel the same way about Churchill Rangers?

Wimbledon on 22:08 - May 30 with 2998 viewseasthertsr

Wimbledon on 21:56 - May 30 by Boston

I wonder if St Jude's Institute fans feel the same way about Churchill Rangers?

Slightly different scenario methinks!
Wimbledon on 22:17 - May 30 with 2972 viewsWilloW4

Wimbledon on 21:44 - May 30 by ted_hendrix

A great achievement for AFC Wimbledon, I'm chuffed for them.

Agree ted. I know a couple who went today, lovely people, they're proper fans. Delighted for them.
Wimbledon on 23:08 - May 30 with 2875 viewskensalriser

Wimbledon on 22:08 - May 30 by easthertsr

Slightly different scenario methinks!

Yes - they're all dead.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Wimbledon on 02:07 - May 31 with 2775 viewsBoston

Wimbledon on 23:08 - May 30 by kensalriser

Yes - they're all dead.

Might be a few casualties at that MK Dons game.

Wimbledon on 07:12 - May 31 with 2705 viewsingeminate

Wimbledon on 02:07 - May 31 by Boston

Might be a few casualties at that MK Dons game.

Old stance was to boycot MC on principal, no idea if still the case.

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. PG Wodehouse
Poll: Should Jimmy be sacked?

Wimbledon on 07:16 - May 31 with 2704 viewsdaveB

Wimbledon on 07:12 - May 31 by ingeminate

Old stance was to boycot MC on principal, no idea if still the case.

was a mixture when they played them in the cup, some went some boycotted.
Wimbledon on 08:37 - May 31 with 2627 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I like both clubs but pleased for the Dons.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Wimbledon on 09:16 - May 31 with 2572 viewsMonahoop

Well done to them for winning promotion to League 1. I saw them in their formative weeks in a pre season friendly against Kingstonian. K's won 2-1. The match watched by about 4,000 spectators.

Now go and smash the Franchise!

There aint half been some clever bastards.

Wimbledon on 09:49 - May 31 with 2510 viewshoof_hearted

I was there yesterday. Great day to stick it to the FA people that said forming a new club was not "in the wider interest of football" and allowed the theft of the identity by Winkleman. Even he regrets the way it was done these days.
Wimbledon on 10:09 - May 31 with 2472 viewsfrancisbowles

Wimbledon on 21:21 - May 30 by bosh67

Akinfenwa said in a post match interview, on the pitch, that he had already been told he was being released. As for his performance, he only came on for the last 15 but it was 0-0 and he did have a big impact. The winning goal was a penalty which he wrestled the ball away from other players to take.

As for teaming him with Poulter, I would seriously doubt that he would be up to regular football at this level and he would not add any pace!

Might be worth getting him in on a short term loan if we draw the scum in a cup and we can put him up against the racist! Lol.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024