Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Other transfer thread 16:42 - Jun 30 with 24408 viewssimmo

Rotherham signed Anthony Forde from Walsall - good signing IMO, he's a decent winger and one of 3-4 in that Walsall team I reckon could make the step up.

Also Townsend apparently having a medical at Palace - £13m.... Newcastle did well there.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Other transfer thread on 14:08 - Sep 1 with 1112 viewspaulparker

Other transfer thread on 13:48 - Sep 1 by Konk

Not entirely sure what Jokanovic’s preferred starting eleven will be because we’ve made some late signings, but I would imagine it would be something like

GK: Button
LB: one from Sessegnon/Malone
CB: two from Kalas/Madl/Sigurdsson
RB: Odoi to start
Midfield: McDonald, Cairney as definite starters with three from Aluko, Kebano, Parker, Ruiz and Ayite depending upon the opposition
CF: Martin

So, that would be only Madl (who played from NY onwards and was decent), Cairney and Parker from the shambles of last season. Miles more solid at the back and a lot more pace in the side too. Jokanovic looks like he knows what he’s doing, so I’d say that on initial showings, there’s a decent chance of a top six finish.

Not a bad team that Konk , Ive got to say I was quite impressed with your opening game
against Newcastle you looked solid and the fullbacks were good , Kalas is a very good signing for you ive always liked him , BTW who is doing the recruiting down there as bar martin you have done really well in the transfer market
all in all the 3 West London clubs have recruited well ,we all seem to be going back to what made us the clubs we were

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Other transfer thread on 14:43 - Sep 1 with 1067 viewsKonk

Other transfer thread on 14:08 - Sep 1 by paulparker

Not a bad team that Konk , Ive got to say I was quite impressed with your opening game
against Newcastle you looked solid and the fullbacks were good , Kalas is a very good signing for you ive always liked him , BTW who is doing the recruiting down there as bar martin you have done really well in the transfer market
all in all the 3 West London clubs have recruited well ,we all seem to be going back to what made us the clubs we were

That’s a bit of a controversial point with us!

Mike Rigg is the Chief Football Officer, but he seems to be keeping a very low profile after the poor outcome from transfer dealings of the past couple of years, not to mention sacking Symons and then taking six weeks to appoint a replacement. He’s still at the club, but from being Charlie Big Potatoes in the club media, he’s completely vanished.

Then we have Shad Khan’s son, Tony, and his analytics company, with his college friend Craig Kline’s involvement and veto according to whether or not his system approves of a potential signing. This article covers that:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/08/24/why-data-analyst-craig-kline-will

So, not the most promising of set-ups on the face of it, but initial outings suggest we’ve made some decent signings, got rid of some dross and until a time when Martin is signed permanently, I think we’re still in credit following the sales of McCormack, Mitroglu and others.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Other transfer thread on 14:56 - Sep 1 with 1050 viewsrsonist

Other transfer thread on 13:48 - Sep 1 by Konk

Not entirely sure what Jokanovic’s preferred starting eleven will be because we’ve made some late signings, but I would imagine it would be something like

GK: Button
LB: one from Sessegnon/Malone
CB: two from Kalas/Madl/Sigurdsson
RB: Odoi to start
Midfield: McDonald, Cairney as definite starters with three from Aluko, Kebano, Parker, Ruiz and Ayite depending upon the opposition
CF: Martin

So, that would be only Madl (who played from NY onwards and was decent), Cairney and Parker from the shambles of last season. Miles more solid at the back and a lot more pace in the side too. Jokanovic looks like he knows what he’s doing, so I’d say that on initial showings, there’s a decent chance of a top six finish.

Looks okay. But yes, you've missed out £6m worth of Jozabed and Johansen...
Other transfer thread on 15:09 - Sep 1 with 1040 viewsrsonist

The thing that's really striking about the big spenders in the league this year is that they're not even buying to make a defined match day 14 as good as possible - it's just massive squad bloat and having endless options. How are Villa going to fit in Gestede McCormack Kodija Ayew Grealish and Admomah? Newcastle signed three right backs. Wolves have like eight forwards now. And so on
Other transfer thread on 15:27 - Sep 1 with 1020 viewsKonk

Other transfer thread on 14:56 - Sep 1 by rsonist

Looks okay. But yes, you've missed out £6m worth of Jozabed and Johansen...

According to bob556's link, we're down about £1m, in which case I stand corrected.

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/championship/transfers/wettbewerb/GB2

Given that we don't announce our fees, I'm not sure how accurate some of these figures are, though. Either way, we've got in 13(?) new signings and almost completely rebuilt and significantly improved our first team, whilst spending about £1m, which isn't bad going.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Other transfer thread on 15:36 - Sep 1 with 1008 viewskensalriser

Martin's a good acquisition for Fulham, think they'll do fine this season. Wonder why he left Derby though?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Other transfer thread on 18:36 - Sep 1 with 946 viewsswitchingcode

Other transfer thread on 16:58 - Aug 31 by adhoc_qpr

They got Dan Bentley on a free transfer as well didn't they? Good signings.

Bentleys fee to be decided by tribunal,Henry won't be able to play for a while as he is recovering from a dislocated shoulder a very good young left back if he'turns out as good as Bidwell I will be very happy.
Other transfer thread on 22:31 - Sep 5 with 817 viewsTacticalR

Dexter Blackstock: Rotherham United sign ex-Nottingham Forest striker
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37281040

Air hostess clique

Login to get fewer ads

Other transfer thread on 22:35 - Sep 5 with 814 viewsichbinnaughty

Is Junior WC still without a club?!
Other transfer thread on 23:57 - Sep 5 with 785 viewskensalriser

Anyone mention Rickie Lambert to Cardiff? Might be a bit past it at 34 but could turn out to be as useful as a Kevin Phillips or Heidar Helguson at this level.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Other transfer thread on 09:02 - Sep 6 with 731 viewsichbinnaughty

Other transfer thread on 23:57 - Sep 5 by kensalriser

Anyone mention Rickie Lambert to Cardiff? Might be a bit past it at 34 but could turn out to be as useful as a Kevin Phillips or Heidar Helguson at this level.

True.

Also I'd meant to say I had seen James Henry leave Wolves and go to Bolton, dropping a division.
There were plenty on here who fancied him weren't there?
What went wrong for him?
Other transfer thread on 09:16 - Sep 6 with 722 viewsrsonist

Other transfer thread on 22:35 - Sep 5 by ichbinnaughty

Is Junior WC still without a club?!

Keep meaning to laugh at him but then I remember he probably still has an open invitation from JFH to come back whenever he fancies.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024