Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Holland pre-season tour... squad 08:32 - Jul 3 with 7625 viewsrbsranger

http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/qpr-squad-holland-pre-season-tour-conf

Am trying to work out who else is missing... Washington is obviously still resting post-Euros. What is the status of that lazy (when not trying to earn a new contract) lump Hoillet?
I see that they will be trying hard to get rid of both Tozser and Matty Philips this summer as well as begging anyone and everyone to take Sandro and Fer off of our hands...
Bit of a relief to see Smithies travel after him being "injured" again on Friday and having that feeling that there is something they are not telling us about what is going on there....
Holland pre-season tour... squad on 08:39 - Jul 3 with 6449 viewsPunteR

Looks like Phillips is off then..
Our defence looks solid,maybe we're gonna play 8-1-1 formation this season.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Holland pre-season tour... squad on 08:59 - Jul 3 with 6403 viewsdavman

So weak out wide - Gladwin has been pretty much hopeless to date and Petrasso looks too small for the Championship and has also been pretty ineffectual so far.

Need a big physical presence in the middle still and unless we're going to see miraculous changes in both JET's attitude and his relationship with JFH, at least one more up top.

Still struggling on why we needed Bidwell; we were alright (if not great) at left back...

Need a bloody right back; that a'int Ned...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Holland pre-season tour... squad on 09:24 - Jul 3 with 6341 viewsrsonist

Holland pre-season tour... squad on 08:59 - Jul 3 by davman

So weak out wide - Gladwin has been pretty much hopeless to date and Petrasso looks too small for the Championship and has also been pretty ineffectual so far.

Need a big physical presence in the middle still and unless we're going to see miraculous changes in both JET's attitude and his relationship with JFH, at least one more up top.

Still struggling on why we needed Bidwell; we were alright (if not great) at left back...

Need a bloody right back; that a'int Ned...

Disagree about Petrasso, for the limited game time he's had I think he's looked very promising.

I'm sure the club would have wanted to have signed new attackers for this trip by now. Hopefully holding the door open for Hoilett isn't at the expense of that...

Furlong is there and deserving a chance at RB if Ned and Perch continue to make a pig's ear of it.

Said my bit about Caulker's involvement elsewhere and it's only more annoying to see us be decisive with Phillips and Tozser but not with him. We should be drilling a settled first choice backline during this pre-season and indulging a overpaid wantaway just gets in the way of that. We sign Borysiuk to move on from Tozser, we sign Lynch and waste time flirting with Caulker? I really don't get it.
Holland pre-season tour... squad on 10:11 - Jul 3 with 6228 viewsJamie

Kakay & Furlong being taken to be evaluated for the RB slot is promising.
Holland pre-season tour... squad on 10:32 - Jul 3 with 6162 viewsLowerloftLad

Looking At this squad I think we are going to be finishing anywhere from 10th-18th next season
But it looks like a squad of players that would actually want to play for QPR so that's a massive plus
[Post edited 3 Jul 2016 10:36]

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Holland pre-season tour... squad on 10:51 - Jul 3 with 6117 viewsrsonist

Holland pre-season tour... squad on 10:32 - Jul 3 by LowerloftLad

Looking At this squad I think we are going to be finishing anywhere from 10th-18th next season
But it looks like a squad of players that would actually want to play for QPR so that's a massive plus

We just signed three players in nine days and the season doesn't start for five weeks.... it's too soon to judge.

Even when we won the league we all predicted mid table anyway.
Holland pre-season tour... squad on 11:10 - Jul 3 with 6067 viewsDiscodroids

The Goalkeeping and Defence looks as strong as i can remember, although im slightly concerned about the first choice right back perch ?. IMO the midfield looks ripe for a beasting every week. Blander and weaker than listening to Manhatten Transfer in a lift. Still a good month for JFH to sort this area out .

At a push, I dont think theres more than 30 goals shared out between Chery, Polter and washington. Happy to be proved wrong.
[Post edited 3 Jul 2016 11:13]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Holland pre-season tour... squad on 11:12 - Jul 3 with 6056 viewsLblock

Holland pre-season tour... squad on 10:32 - Jul 3 by LowerloftLad

I concur

Looks a weak squad I think.
Seems I won't be getting PaulParker lagging over our dark horses exchange though!!!

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Login to get fewer ads

Holland pre-season tour... squad on 11:50 - Jul 3 with 5974 viewsNorthernr

That squad would struggle very badly, but it's early in the summer with more comings and goings to come. I hope!
Holland pre-season tour... squad on 12:00 - Jul 3 with 5926 viewsDubaiR

Struggle in what sense though?? Based on a lack of perceived quality going forward? How many times have we seen sides/squads who are fit, with a game plan punch above their weight?

I just in Jimmy, I am sure there will be more additions coming in but even if we were to start the season with that squad we would be hard to beat and no one would enjoy playing against us.
Holland pre-season tour... squad on 12:07 - Jul 3 with 5907 viewsNorthernr

Holland pre-season tour... squad on 12:00 - Jul 3 by DubaiR

Struggle in what sense though?? Based on a lack of perceived quality going forward? How many times have we seen sides/squads who are fit, with a game plan punch above their weight?

I just in Jimmy, I am sure there will be more additions coming in but even if we were to start the season with that squad we would be hard to beat and no one would enjoy playing against us.

Struggle in that it wouldn't score any goals.
I trust them too, it'll look a lot better in a month's time.
Holland pre-season tour... squad on 12:20 - Jul 3 with 5872 viewsDubaiR

I see us winning a lot of games 1-0, similar to Burton did.

Even with the squad as it (but agree it will look better in a month) you would fancy:

Polter - 12
Chery - 10
JET - 5
Washington - 12
Midfield - 10 between them
Defence - 10

That is 59 goals ish with no one having an amazing season, how many goals do typical top 6 sides score (I don't know).
Holland pre-season tour... squad on 12:28 - Jul 3 with 5850 viewsDannytheR

You assume/hope that we're going to bring in at least a couple more attacking players. We've had interest knocked back for at least one winger and striker, so I'm sure they're aware of how feeble the squad is up front.

Looks to me that JFH has spent what budget he had before outgoings on the defence, but that Phillips' agent has been told to get him a new club and off the wage bill. At that point, you'd think we'll bring a replacement.

If Sandro hadn't fainted during his medical in Portugal, we might have had a couple more onboard already.

It's STILL central midfield that worries me.
[Post edited 3 Jul 2016 12:29]
Holland pre-season tour... squad on 12:33 - Jul 3 with 5826 viewsGloucs_R

JFH doing exactly what u thought he would, building from the back, a strong defensive unit. The midfield is weak, which in sure he knows. One more striker would do.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Holland pre-season tour... squad on 12:51 - Jul 3 with 5773 viewsrsonist

Holland pre-season tour... squad on 12:20 - Jul 3 by DubaiR

Even with the squad as it (but agree it will look better in a month) you would fancy:

Polter - 12
Chery - 10
JET - 5
Washington - 12
Defence - 10

That is 59 goals ish with no one having an amazing season, how many goals do typical top 6 sides score (I don't know).

This seems incredibly optimistic to me...

What sort of tune we can get out of Luongo and Gladwin (particularly the former) will shape our season I think.... the signings we make in midfield and attack will be based on JFH's bets on those two. To us they're pretty much a pair of walking question marks - hopefully the club have a clearer opinion.
Holland pre-season tour... squad on 12:54 - Jul 3 with 5756 viewsNorthernr

Polter - 12
Chery - 10
JET - 5
Washington - 12
Defence - 10

I'm not being deliberately pessimistic or critical here, because like I say I think the squad will look very different in a month's time and I think they will get it right, but when has the midfield and defence we have at our disposal at the moment ever given any indication at all that it's capable of scoring 20 goals?

We got two goals from central midfield in the whole of last season - one from Tozser and one from Henry - and so far we've only added the Polish lad to them, so unless he's getting eight I just don't see the logic behind that at all.

All pointless really, let's assess again at this point in August.
Holland pre-season tour... squad on 12:59 - Jul 3 with 5736 viewsCamberleyR

Polter - 12
Chery - 10
JET - 5
Washington - 12
Defence - 10

Well Middlesbrough managed to get automatic promotion last year only scoring 63 and Burnley 72. They both had tight defences though, Burnley conceding 35 and Boro 31.

When we got promoted in 2013/14 we only scored 60 and conceded 44 and Hull in 2012/13 somehow managed to cobble 79 points together and automatic promotion from only scoring 61 and conceding 52 but that's not typical.

Generally most top 6 teams score minimum 65-70 goals. Last season's top 6 from 3rd to 6th scored 72, 69, 66, 66 respectively

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Holland pre-season tour... squad on 14:00 - Jul 3 with 5603 viewsHAYESBOY

Looking at the squad at the moment and if Phillips and Hoilett are off we are very weak out wide. One light in centre mid and at least one more striker.
Defence looks fine and keepers ok.

For me Callum Harriot is a player we should go get off Charlton.
Another would be Viarra(?) from Wolves although might be expensive.
Kanu Robson would be a great free signing but his stock is going up all the time.

If Fer and Phillips are off then that will be close to 9m to spend. Hopefully Sandra as well.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Holland pre-season tour... squad on 14:17 - Jul 3 with 5568 viewsTacticalR

It's clear we need to send out an expedition in search of goals.

Air hostess clique

Holland pre-season tour... squad on 14:51 - Jul 3 with 5516 viewsterryb

I think that squad looks better, or at least as good, as any squad we had in the Championship prior to the Warnock season.

We will probably struggle to score enough goals for a promotion push, but we will not concede enough for us to be ion trouble.

Rather like most of the season's in our history!
Holland pre-season tour... squad on 17:27 - Jul 3 with 5313 viewsBasingstokeR

I'm not sure about our squad strength but I'm more hopeful than last season than when we had "on paper" some of the biggest name players in the division...

Who'd have thought (even with the psychological benefits of having just been promoted) this Preston squad would have finished one place above us this time last season; scoring 45 (9 less than us) and conceding 45 (9 less than we did)...

http://www.soccerbase.com/teams/team.sd?team_id=2054&teamTabs=stats
(Pick 15-16 season on drop down)
Holland pre-season tour... squad on 17:40 - Jul 3 with 5293 viewsrsonist

Holland pre-season tour... squad on 14:00 - Jul 3 by HAYESBOY

Looking at the squad at the moment and if Phillips and Hoilett are off we are very weak out wide. One light in centre mid and at least one more striker.
Defence looks fine and keepers ok.

For me Callum Harriot is a player we should go get off Charlton.
Another would be Viarra(?) from Wolves although might be expensive.
Kanu Robson would be a great free signing but his stock is going up all the time.

If Fer and Phillips are off then that will be close to 9m to spend. Hopefully Sandra as well.

Took me a while but "Viarra" would be van la Parra... went to Huddersfield on a free after a spell there on loan. Game against us was one of his rare good ones.
Holland pre-season tour... squad on 18:10 - Jul 3 with 5258 viewsDannyPaddox

Holland pre-season tour... squad on 10:11 - Jul 3 by Jamie

Kakay & Furlong being taken to be evaluated for the RB slot is promising.

If Osman Kakay secures a regular first team place I suggest we revive the much-loved Errol Dunkley classic:

"O. Kakay Fred now you're a proper Ranger
O. Kakay Fred you're in the hoops"

Would juxtapose nicely with the Icelandic Motherwell chant.
[Post edited 3 Jul 2016 18:16]
Holland pre-season tour... squad on 18:31 - Jul 3 with 5231 viewsDorse

I think that squad has some real positives in that the defence and keeping positions have been sorted early and we have cover in pretty much every area. The midfield needs attention if we're going to get any sort of ammunition up to the forwards. However, unlike last season's pre-season fiasco, this looks like a decent set of games with a squad that includes EDS graduates who have a genuine opportunity to get into contention.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Holland pre-season tour... squad on 07:21 - Jul 4 with 4925 viewsdaveB

far too early to be worried but those like Kevin Gallen saying we'll finish top 6 need to look at the squad and re think that kind of optimism
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024