Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Beer in the stadium...(annual pointless thread) 23:51 - Aug 3 with 4932 viewskingsburyR

Please god let it not be Carlsberg in the blue and white this season.

For the record...Carlsberg stinks of socks!

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Beer in the stadium...(annual pointless thread) on 00:40 - Aug 4 with 2866 viewsdanehoop

Only the stuff that they grew under license in the uk. The real stuff from Copenhagen is a world apart and tastes good.

Never knowingly understood

Beer in the stadium...(annual pointless thread) on 08:48 - Aug 4 with 2705 viewsMetallica_Hoop

We should change it to Brewgod IPA or Fuller's ESB.

Ah both why not.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Beer in the stadium...(annual pointless thread) on 08:58 - Aug 4 with 2680 viewsHayesender

We should give the contract to a local company like these imo.

Carlsberg is shite

http://portobellobrewing.com/portobello-beers.php

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Beer in the stadium...(annual pointless thread) on 09:09 - Aug 4 with 2651 viewsM40R

The quality of the beer in the ground including the Loft bar is diabolical. Even when thirsty I keep away. Fizzy, thin, icy, yucky.

I guess the choice of what to stock is dictated more by sponsorship or agreements based on exclusivity - i.e what generates the most up front / guaranteed cash for the club rather than what the punters might prefer. Added to this, is the fact that the demand is non existent for ages then concentrated into a small period of high demand,so this makes it harder to stock a good cask ale or two.

But then Brighton manage it ok... nice local brewary cask ale. Hopefully the new stadium - remember that? - might allow a redesign of the whole thing?
Beer in the stadium...(annual pointless thread) on 09:32 - Aug 4 with 2610 viewsKonk

Tottenham were doing the excellent Redemption Hopspur last season - not sure if that's continuing, but I know a few season-ticket holders who are hoping it does.

Definitely the way to go - actually give people something they will enjoy drinking and eating rather than knocking out warm bottles of pi ss and sh ite food. And if it's local, so much the better. I'm not someone who obsesses over facilities (other than for disabled fans), but if you're going to offer food and drink, do it properly; people would surely buy more.

I'm going to watch the baseball whilst I'm in Minneapolis in a couple of weeks, and looking at their stadium, they have dozens of different food trucks and restaurants with concessions all round the stadium and loads of local brewers too; not saying you have to go to those lengths, but a bit of effort would at least leave people feeling less ripped-off. I was reading about a bloke outside the Boleyn who used to knock-out 400+ high quality pulled pork baps on a match day - no space for him anywhere near the new Olympic stadium. If WHU wanted to, they could give him a concession in the stadium and take their cut.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Beer in the stadium...(annual pointless thread) on 09:39 - Aug 4 with 2591 viewsbob566

Beer in the stadium...(annual pointless thread) on 09:32 - Aug 4 by Konk

Tottenham were doing the excellent Redemption Hopspur last season - not sure if that's continuing, but I know a few season-ticket holders who are hoping it does.

Definitely the way to go - actually give people something they will enjoy drinking and eating rather than knocking out warm bottles of pi ss and sh ite food. And if it's local, so much the better. I'm not someone who obsesses over facilities (other than for disabled fans), but if you're going to offer food and drink, do it properly; people would surely buy more.

I'm going to watch the baseball whilst I'm in Minneapolis in a couple of weeks, and looking at their stadium, they have dozens of different food trucks and restaurants with concessions all round the stadium and loads of local brewers too; not saying you have to go to those lengths, but a bit of effort would at least leave people feeling less ripped-off. I was reading about a bloke outside the Boleyn who used to knock-out 400+ high quality pulled pork baps on a match day - no space for him anywhere near the new Olympic stadium. If WHU wanted to, they could give him a concession in the stadium and take their cut.

yeah wasn't there a video doing the rounds. Seem to remember loads of people losing their jobs. Some guy had had a sweet stand on match days for twenty years or something like that and he's not welcome up the new ground any more.
Beer in the stadium...(annual pointless thread) on 09:40 - Aug 4 with 2590 viewsMetallica_Hoop

On a side note I had a tea at the Watford game and it was £2:15!

It was f'kin Tetleys! For £2:15 I want Twinings at least.

Beer in the stadium...(annual pointless thread) on 10:06 - Aug 4 with 2540 viewsbob566

Beer in the stadium...(annual pointless thread) on 09:40 - Aug 4 by Metallica_Hoop

On a side note I had a tea at the Watford game and it was £2:15!

It was f'kin Tetleys! For £2:15 I want Twinings at least.

I'd want it in a china cup and saucer at that price too.

that's outrageous.
Login to get fewer ads

Beer in the stadium...(annual pointless thread) on 10:07 - Aug 4 with 2537 viewsRBlock

That 3.7% piss is horrible. If they had a proper beer or two you would see people turning up earlier and spending more money in the ground, as opposed to piling in from the pubs at 2.55 as well.
Beer in the stadium...(annual pointless thread) on 10:13 - Aug 4 with 2522 viewsthame_hoops

Beer in the stadium...(annual pointless thread) on 09:32 - Aug 4 by Konk

I'm at Yankee stadium end of august for the Orioles games (go O's) and credit to NYC they have so much choice of food, beer, even gluten free beer (my girlfriend is borderline celiac). They even have gluten free buns for burgers and hot dogs.
Beer in the stadium...(annual pointless thread) on 10:20 - Aug 4 with 2504 viewsjohncharles

Beer in the stadium...(annual pointless thread) on 08:48 - Aug 4 by Metallica_Hoop

We should change it to Brewgod IPA or Fuller's ESB.

Ah both why not.

Strong and stable my arse.

Beer in the stadium...(annual pointless thread) on 10:24 - Aug 4 with 2498 viewsKonk

Beer in the stadium...(annual pointless thread) on 10:13 - Aug 4 by thame_hoops

I'm at Yankee stadium end of august for the Orioles games (go O's) and credit to NYC they have so much choice of food, beer, even gluten free beer (my girlfriend is borderline celiac). They even have gluten free buns for burgers and hot dogs.

Personally, I expect I'd always sooner go to a pub than get to the ground early, but on the food front, I'd definitely buy something most games if there was something worth buying. You go to Wembley and it's £68 for sh it fish and chips, and you can't help but feel resentful that the people who run the operation clearly have no interest in offering you a good experience rather than just fleecing a captive audience. The only time I buy beer at football is Brighton away, and I only buy food if I'm desperate.

Our approach in this country seems to be to knock out as sh it food/drink as you can get away with, whilst charging as much as possible. I was sat in a beer garden in Munich zoo the other week and the food and drink was of a comparable quality and price to your average beer hall or bar in town. No-one had said, this lot are a captive audience, they'll eat and drink any old sh it. British Management would have been doing their nut.

Clubs are always going on about "the match day experience" and maximising income, well, try providing nice food and drink at reasonable prices.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Beer in the stadium...(annual pointless thread) on 10:26 - Aug 4 with 2492 viewstonyQPR

The Guinness in the blue and white is actually very very good,I would say in my humble opinion it's the best in Shepherd's Bush on match days and I've been to all the boozers even mentioned on this site,and that's even given the fact it's served in a plastic cup
Beer in the stadium...(annual pointless thread) on 10:32 - Aug 4 with 2470 viewskingsburyR

Guinness it is then

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Beer in the stadium...(annual pointless thread) on 10:34 - Aug 4 with 2465 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I had 16 of these delivered last week.

Recommended for all the beer lovers on here.

Beer in the stadium...(annual pointless thread) on 10:38 - Aug 4 with 2447 viewsToast_R

Anything served in plastic should be avoided at all cost.
Beer in the stadium...(annual pointless thread) on 10:40 - Aug 4 with 2448 viewspeejaybee

Out of interest what was the delivery charge.

If at first you dont succeed, pack up and f**k off home.

Beer in the stadium...(annual pointless thread) on 10:46 - Aug 4 with 2435 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Beer in the stadium...(annual pointless thread) on 10:40 - Aug 4 by peejaybee

Out of interest what was the delivery charge.

For £2.99 I had 16 of them and 24 330ml Crystal IPA cans delivered to work.

Beer in the stadium...(annual pointless thread) on 10:46 - Aug 4 with 2435 viewsBrightonhoop

I stopped buying food and drink in the ground a few years ago as it wasn't too appetizing, even the bovril was like dishwater and the balti pies turned into gravy/air pies at a substantial cost.
If I'm feeling brave, i'll sometimes grab a burger with onions off the van in Loftus Road, bloke always asks 'is Sir dining in or out today' :-D although I suspect for a while anyway they were horse burgers.....the loss of Cookes is a travesty.
Beer in the stadium...(annual pointless thread) on 10:47 - Aug 4 with 2431 viewsRickyDicky

I quite like Brewdog beer, what's the place like on the Goldhawk road ? Food any good ?

Poll: Where will we finish next Year. Starting early.

Beer in the stadium...(annual pointless thread) on 10:49 - Aug 4 with 2425 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Beer in the stadium...(annual pointless thread) on 10:47 - Aug 4 by RickyDicky

I quite like Brewdog beer, what's the place like on the Goldhawk road ? Food any good ?

I didn't eat in there but the beer was good.

I tried 3 on daught all very tasty. Then I went to the Richmond.

Beer in the stadium...(annual pointless thread) on 10:53 - Aug 4 with 2414 viewsHayesender

Beer in the stadium...(annual pointless thread) on 10:47 - Aug 4 by RickyDicky

Bloody expensive

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Beer in the stadium...(annual pointless thread) on 10:53 - Aug 4 with 2414 viewspeejaybee

Beer in the stadium...(annual pointless thread) on 10:46 - Aug 4 by Metallica_Hoop

For £2.99 I had 16 of them and 24 330ml Crystal IPA cans delivered to work.

Sounds Good,Thanks

If at first you dont succeed, pack up and f**k off home.

Beer in the stadium...(annual pointless thread) on 10:59 - Aug 4 with 2396 viewsrobith

Brewdog are scum and their beer is rubbs
Beer in the stadium...(annual pointless thread) on 11:02 - Aug 4 with 2394 viewsNW10Hoop

We live in an age of some of the best beer that the UK has ever produced. A local brewery providing the beers would be brilliant. It kinda fits in with the picture that QPR are trying to paint these days too. Food could easily be improved too. There are loads of street food vendors that do some brilliant food out of a cramped little van, so there's no reason that QPR can't match that kind of quality. I'd definitely start having my pre match beers at the ground if it was better than Carlsberg and Pukka pies
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024