Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Few points of note 09:34 - Oct 19 with 3061 viewsHunterhoop

Anyone notice how Sylla ran all the way to the dugout, after celebrating in front of the loft, to high five and hug Polter? Good team spirit.

Disappointing how the players didn't leave the centre circle to come down to the corners and Loft End to clap/celebrate with the fans. I can understand it, but they should opportunities like that better.

Smithies was the last player on the pitch from either side, double fist pumping to the Ellerslie and Loft, clearly delighted with the win, with the crowd singing "One Alex Smithies"....nice.
Few points of note on 10:28 - Oct 19 with 2956 viewshoof_hearted

Did anyone notice that Henry was all stripped off and ready to be brought on but then there was a change of mind and Poulter came on instead.

I'd love to have been a fly on the wall to hear what went on before that change of mind. I saw Henry and my heart sank. The mood and possibly the result would have changed if he'd come on.

Anyone see or hear anything interesting?
Few points of note on 10:40 - Oct 19 with 2906 viewsRBlock

Few points of note on 10:28 - Oct 19 by hoof_hearted

Did anyone notice that Henry was all stripped off and ready to be brought on but then there was a change of mind and Poulter came on instead.

I'd love to have been a fly on the wall to hear what went on before that change of mind. I saw Henry and my heart sank. The mood and possibly the result would have changed if he'd come on.

I saw that. My thought process would be, if you take Sylla off and stick Henry on, presumably to clog up the midfield, every time we clear it Wash struggles to hold it up and it comes straight back at us. With one of Polti on instead gives the fans a boost, while allowing us to keep the ball up top.
Few points of note on 10:48 - Oct 19 with 2886 viewstraininvain

It also made more sense to have Polter on to defend set pieces towards the end.

I was pleased to see Sylla and Polter celebrating the goal. Definitely shows good team spirit.
Few points of note on 10:59 - Oct 19 with 2833 viewsLongsufferingR

Absolutely love Sylla. Watching the replay, you notice how smartly he reacted and how quick he was to exploit the gap between the defenders.
Few points of note on 11:06 - Oct 19 with 2796 viewstraininvain

Few points of note on 10:59 - Oct 19 by LongsufferingR

Absolutely love Sylla. Watching the replay, you notice how smartly he reacted and how quick he was to exploit the gap between the defenders.

Agreed. He just looks really hungry.

Anyone notice Sylla's overly enthusiastic warming up on Saturday?

Must've ran about 10k up and down the touchline!
Few points of note on 11:22 - Oct 19 with 2756 viewsNorthernr

Few points of note on 10:28 - Oct 19 by hoof_hearted

Given the time, I suspect it was as simple as Polter being a better at heading clear their corners than Henry - take Sylla off and we lose a lot of height from defensive set pieces.
Few points of note on 11:54 - Oct 19 with 2647 viewsWokingR

Few points of note on 11:22 - Oct 19 by Northernr

Given the time, I suspect it was as simple as Polter being a better at heading clear their corners than Henry - take Sylla off and we lose a lot of height from defensive set pieces.

Well it's kind of obvious to all of us so it makes you wonder why Henry was stripped and ready to come on in the first place doesn't it ?
Few points of note on 12:02 - Oct 19 with 2596 viewsPunteR

Few points of note on 11:54 - Oct 19 by WokingR

Well it's kind of obvious to all of us so it makes you wonder why Henry was stripped and ready to come on in the first place doesn't it ?

Maybe he was just teasing everyone..
At least he didn't throw a strop like Sandro ..

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Login to get fewer ads

Few points of note on 12:08 - Oct 19 with 2557 viewsWokingR

Few points of note on 12:02 - Oct 19 by PunteR

Maybe he was just teasing everyone..
At least he didn't throw a strop like Sandro ..

Teasing ?
There was an immediate mass walk out threatened in Ellerlie
Perhaps he got wind of it.
Few points of note on 12:13 - Oct 19 with 2530 viewsPunteR

Few points of note on 12:08 - Oct 19 by WokingR

Teasing ?
There was an immediate mass walk out threatened in Ellerlie
Perhaps he got wind of it.

I wasn't there but that makes more sense..

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Few points of note on 14:54 - Oct 19 with 2335 viewsfrancisbowles

Few points of note on 11:22 - Oct 19 by Northernr

Perhaps it might not have been Cilla coming off if Henry was being readied!
Few points of note on 15:00 - Oct 19 with 2310 viewsBoston

It was the wonderful joyous smile when he was being congratulated that I noticed(from the pics). It emanated energy, pride and (probably) relief. More please.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Few points of note on 15:06 - Oct 19 with 2293 viewshoof_hearted

Few points of note on 10:40 - Oct 19 by RBlock

I saw that. My thought process would be, if you take Sylla off and stick Henry on, presumably to clog up the midfield, every time we clear it Wash struggles to hold it up and it comes straight back at us. With one of Polti on instead gives the fans a boost, while allowing us to keep the ball up top.

Exactly this was what I though but it's so contrary to JFH to defend a lead by sticking on a striker, That's the sort of thing Warnock or Olly would do what with all their positive thinking voodoo stuff.

I guess someone on the bench convinced JFH that Clive's theory of bringing on Poulter was actually a defensive move. But then attack is the best way to defend.

Hopefully JFH has worked out that with a really decent defence and a top keeper we can afford to take a risk or two in the name of entertainment. I reckon Jimmy wears 2 condoms even though his missus is on the pill. Caution is the watchword.
Few points of note on 19:06 - Oct 19 with 2118 viewsFredManRave

I realise that nobody on here reads The Sun so thought I'd leave this here for all of you, with reference to the OP

As an aside, how on earth does Antti do such comprehensive knee jerks when he appears to be asleep during the game?!
[Post edited 19 Oct 2016 19:07]

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Few points of note on 22:48 - Oct 19 with 1844 viewsNortholt_Rs

Few points of note on 19:06 - Oct 19 by FredManRave

I realise that nobody on here reads The Sun so thought I'd leave this here for all of you, with reference to the OP

As an aside, how on earth does Antti do such comprehensive knee jerks when he appears to be asleep during the game?!

Yeah and how come Sir Harry Secombe is sitting next to him? I thought he died in 2001....

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Few points of note on 17:18 - Oct 20 with 1511 viewsAntti_Heinola

Few points of note on 19:06 - Oct 19 by FredManRave

OI!
I was resting my eyes.

Bare bones.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024