Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Adel article from the Sun 12:19 - Aug 23 with 8040 viewsTrom

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/1657601/adel-taaradt-ready-to-leave-port

Sorry if already posted
Adel article from the Sun on 12:23 - Aug 23 with 6500 viewsdaveB

I watched the 4 year Plan again on Sunday, tragic waste really that he's 27 and done next to nothing since leaving us. For me he was not the best player I've seen but he is the most naturally talented and skillful footballer I've ever seen live.
Adel article from the Sun on 12:28 - Aug 23 with 6472 viewsBoston

His problems are mental.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Adel article from the Sun on 12:32 - Aug 23 with 6436 viewsTHEBUSH

Adel article from the Sun on 12:28 - Aug 23 by Boston

His problems are mental.

And that's the most difficult to solve, maybe ?
Adel article from the Sun on 12:51 - Aug 23 with 6346 viewsNov77

maybe the game has lost it's sense of fun. when i started going back in the seventies there were loads of maverick players that gave the crowd some entertainment. now there are none, footballers roll off an assembly line, athletes first, footballers second. god forbid any of them don't toe the line.

we're never gonna win anything so we might as well be entertained along the way, and no one could say adel didn't entertain us fans.

if he thought the same way as other players, he would have played the game the same way as them. he was a maverick, warnock recognized that, and thats why he got the best out of him, all the other managers were too scared of losing their jobs or their egos wouldn't allow a player like him to have free reign.

remember when clough told stan 'all i want you to do is give the ball to john robertson', that was never going to end well.

adel was one of the most gifted players we've had, but he was born in the wrong era, when work rate and attitude are lauded over talent and ability.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Adel article from the Sun on 12:56 - Aug 23 with 6318 viewsStanisgod

Adel article from the Sun on 12:23 - Aug 23 by daveB

I watched the 4 year Plan again on Sunday, tragic waste really that he's 27 and done next to nothing since leaving us. For me he was not the best player I've seen but he is the most naturally talented and skillful footballer I've ever seen live.

Can I ask how old you are ?

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Adel article from the Sun on 13:16 - Aug 23 with 6221 viewsCFW

I do not doubt for a moment the man had a serious talent. Not in the same league (in my opinion) as Stan Bowles who also had off the field problems. So many creative players have this 'self destruct button' which is why they play the game in their particular way and makes them different.

Sorry to upset people but think Adel is slightly different in as much as I think he has been very badly advised and has surrounded himself with people who are not good for him. Also the man is deluded - he is never going to play for a top team again unless there is a massive turnaround in his life which frankly I cannot see happening. I do not wish him any harm, I thank him sincerely for the great performances he produced in the Hooped shirt but we have moved on without him and now I am bored with yet another thread about him.
Adel article from the Sun on 13:30 - Aug 23 with 6167 viewsBrightonhoop

His best days were for Rangers.

He got unlucky with Milan as it was Seedorf that came in for him and he was banging them in again for a while, when Seedorf got bombed out he was always going to follow.

Who ever is advising him has got it horribly wrong. Great shame for him really. At least we saw the best of him.
Adel article from the Sun on 13:48 - Aug 23 with 6092 viewsLythamR

He said: “I just want a club that has trust in me. We are in talks with several clubs

There is his problem right there, Trust has to be earned Adel

Such a waste but he isnt the first and wont be the last
Login to get fewer ads

Adel article from the Sun on 16:37 - Aug 23 with 5832 viewsRangersDave

And that poses an interesting question......

Would or should JFH get him back on extremely favorable , to Rangers, terms which were totally conditional?

I have a feeling JFH could do something with him (cue the jokes) I really do, and maybe a part time maverick who could do the business for us occassionally might be just what we need. Again on the right terms and conditions.....

Condition 1) he bins off his agent
Condition 2) he comes to terms with the fact that this would be his careers last chance saloon
Condition 3) he comes dirt cheap on performance related pay
Condition 4) he keeps his mouth shut
Condition 5) nah, I've given up, I'd love to see him back I really would but Adels too big for any club except gods 11, and even then I think he'd think himself bigger than God.

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Adel article from the Sun on 16:57 - Aug 23 with 5795 viewsA40Bosh

Adel article from the Sun on 16:37 - Aug 23 by RangersDave

Would or should JFH get him back on extremely favorable , to Rangers, terms which were totally conditional?

I have a feeling JFH could do something with him (cue the jokes) I really do, and maybe a part time maverick who could do the business for us occassionally might be just what we need. Again on the right terms and conditions.....

Condition 2) he comes to terms with the fact that this would be his careers last chance saloon
Condition 5) nah, I've given up, I'd love to see him back I really would but Adels too big for any club except gods 11, and even then I think he'd think himself bigger than God.

Nope,

No

and

Absolutely not.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Adel article from the Sun on 17:46 - Aug 23 with 5692 viewsA_B_4

Quality work by the Sun, they can't even spell his name right in the second paragraph....
Adel article from the Sun on 19:03 - Aug 23 with 5599 viewsGloryHunter

Adel article from the Sun on 16:37 - Aug 23 by RangersDave

His agent is his brother, isn't he?
Adel article from the Sun on 20:58 - Aug 23 with 5458 viewsNortholt_Rs

Adel article from the Sun on 19:03 - Aug 23 by GloryHunter

His agent is his brother, isn't he?

His Mum's his Dad!

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Adel article from the Sun on 23:31 - Aug 23 with 5133 viewswombat

God I miss him , pain in the arse yes .worth the admission fee alone sometimes yes

Oh well we have Karl Henry now

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Adel article from the Sun on 11:28 - Aug 24 with 4861 viewshoof_hearted

Adel article from the Sun on 23:31 - Aug 23 by wombat

God I miss him , pain in the arse yes .worth the admission fee alone sometimes yes

Oh well we have Karl Henry now

I agree. Stuff common sense and logic, I'd have him back just to play half a game here and there when he feels like it. He can do what he wants as long as he wins us matches. Warnock managed to get the squad to deal with that and Taraabt to play well enough to earn the right to act the knut. Not sure it's in JFH's style, though. He's not a risk taker.

Anyway, Adel wouldn't dirty his shoes playing for anyone not in the champions league. Well at least training with the youth of a team in the champions league.
Adel article from the Sun on 12:42 - Aug 24 with 4762 viewsfreddieeddie

'With the experience I have, I know what a club like OM would expect of me'.

The shi* players talk is unreal. OM will expect what every other club expects Adel, for you to give 100%. Absolute joke.

Sandro never fit for us, goes on loan to WBA and plays literally every game, then scores two last night leading up to transfer window.

Sandro and the likes totally ripped our club off and should be ashamed. I feel sorry for TF, he backed the managers to be screwed over. TF is great in my opinion but a little naive although he seems to learn by his mistakes which is good.

Poll: QPR future, what would you like to see happen

Adel article from the Sun on 13:05 - Aug 24 with 4724 viewsA40Bosh

What ever Adel earned and whatever it cost us financially up to his first promotion to the Premier League, on balance he more than earned it and it was good money spent and no one would deny that - especially during the promotion year.

However, to see that he has now gone from bigger club to bigger club and has failed to become the player he should have become is an indication that he should be not allowed anywhere near us ever again.

What did he say "I need a club to trust me" what he means is that he needs a club will put up with him being a total maverick, turning it on when he feels like, throwing strops or going missing when it suits him, not putting in the effort during the week or missing training if he fancies a lie in after a late night on the Nandos with his mates, all on the understanding he might do a few nutmegs and score a few worldies.

Don't get me wrong, we love a maverick here at LR, but the game in the modern era means clubs cannot afford the luxury of entertaining them.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Adel article from the Sun on 13:11 - Aug 24 with 4708 viewsE17hoop

Like I said the last time he was raised as a topic on here, I'm glad we saw him play at what was, the peak of his ability, and I'm glad that he's no longer with us.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: When you go to QPR games, what do you think will happen?

Adel article from the Sun on 13:24 - Aug 24 with 4669 viewspaulparker

Adel article from the Sun on 12:42 - Aug 24 by freddieeddie

'With the experience I have, I know what a club like OM would expect of me'.

The shi* players talk is unreal. OM will expect what every other club expects Adel, for you to give 100%. Absolute joke.

Sandro never fit for us, goes on loan to WBA and plays literally every game, then scores two last night leading up to transfer window.

Sandro and the likes totally ripped our club off and should be ashamed. I feel sorry for TF, he backed the managers to be screwed over. TF is great in my opinion but a little naive although he seems to learn by his mistakes which is good.

TF is great in my opinion but a little naive although he seems to learn by his mistakes which is good.

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Adel article from the Sun on 13:27 - Aug 24 with 4660 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Be a maverick by all means but also train well and play hard. the difference between Adel and Stan is that Stan did both.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Adel article from the Sun on 14:32 - Aug 24 with 4577 viewstimcocking

Adel article from the Sun on 12:28 - Aug 23 by Boston

His problems are mental.

And physical, the fat lazy g!t.

What a player though, a joy to behold and some fantastic memories.
Adel article from the Sun on 08:27 - Aug 25 with 4357 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Let's put this in perspective: one season playing brilliantly under the most intense man-management in the second tier, preceded and followed by him being an expensive waste/waist of space.

I've never been convinced that he really gave a damn about his career/football or QPR and whether that is right or not, it would seem more than appearance, that he couldn't be bothered to even attempt being professional. Given the money he's been on; then f..k him and his agent. Both seriously deluded individuals.

He is more likely to be washed up and finished now, then he is to have the mental capacity, determination and maturity to turn his career around. OM would be nuts to try given his history.

No doubt we did have one season seeing what his potential could do. It was great for us and even sublime in parts however, what he has gone on to do for both QPR and his career, is his own fault.

Compare with Faurlin, whom Adel must have a bloody good idea about what the former put himself through to come back and play not once, not twice, but three times after serious injury and Adel, couldn't and seemingly still can't, even get himself fit. Contrast with Bowles? Do me a favour, Adel isn't fit to lick Bowles' boots. For all the 'issues' with Stan, he did it at the top, consistently and despite his bucket loads of skill, he still put a shift in when needed.

For me, misty-eyed emotions aside, AT is one less parasite taking the club for a ride and if he seems not remotely phased at wasting his skill, then neither shall I.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Adel article from the Sun on 09:35 - Aug 25 with 4303 viewsblacky200

Adel article from the Sun on 08:27 - Aug 25 by PlanetHonneywood

Let's put this in perspective: one season playing brilliantly under the most intense man-management in the second tier, preceded and followed by him being an expensive waste/waist of space.

I've never been convinced that he really gave a damn about his career/football or QPR and whether that is right or not, it would seem more than appearance, that he couldn't be bothered to even attempt being professional. Given the money he's been on; then f..k him and his agent. Both seriously deluded individuals.

He is more likely to be washed up and finished now, then he is to have the mental capacity, determination and maturity to turn his career around. OM would be nuts to try given his history.

No doubt we did have one season seeing what his potential could do. It was great for us and even sublime in parts however, what he has gone on to do for both QPR and his career, is his own fault.

Compare with Faurlin, whom Adel must have a bloody good idea about what the former put himself through to come back and play not once, not twice, but three times after serious injury and Adel, couldn't and seemingly still can't, even get himself fit. Contrast with Bowles? Do me a favour, Adel isn't fit to lick Bowles' boots. For all the 'issues' with Stan, he did it at the top, consistently and despite his bucket loads of skill, he still put a shift in when needed.

For me, misty-eyed emotions aside, AT is one less parasite taking the club for a ride and if he seems not remotely phased at wasting his skill, then neither shall I.

Great post. Exactly my feelings. He had one good season with a team built to suit his needs. Even during that season there were sulks and tantrums. He's never done anything special at a higher level on a consistent basis and never really shown he wants to. Complete and utter waste of the talent he undoubtedly has. Its good to look back on his goals (although with the attitude he showed after that it has even tarnished those memories for me) but that is where it ends. Look back and enjoy. Don't want him anywhere near this club again.
Adel article from the Sun on 09:45 - Aug 25 with 4286 viewshoof_hearted

"one season playing brilliantly under the most intense man-management in the second tier"

Just one more of those is all I ask
Adel article from the Sun on 11:00 - Aug 25 with 4254 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Adel article from the Sun on 09:45 - Aug 25 by hoof_hearted

"one season playing brilliantly under the most intense man-management in the second tier"

Just one more of those is all I ask

In that case, stand down Mercurial Moroccan and enter stage left, the Genius German, Nifty Netherlander and so on...we can hope of course!!!!

Seriously, imagine if Der Groß Fokker had Adel's skill? Well he wouldn't be playing for us of course, but that's because he'd be working his nutts off not to waste that which he had been blessed with - and as the likes of Ronaldo and Messi do.

Something Adel never really seemed to fully appreciate compared to those who worshiped at his bus stop.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024