Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Black Lives Matter protest at London City Aiport 11:27 - Sep 6 with 9700 viewsBlackCrowe

Climate change is racist appraently and all the protesters are white.

Next up are a load Mumsnet wives scaling Big Ben on behalf of Father 4 Justice.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Black Lives Matter protest at London City Aiport on 13:53 - Sep 6 with 2019 viewsLblock

I'm interested that the BLM movement have no commenced officially designating areas and boroughs of London as black.
New am first for this accolade. Where next?

What does this mean for middle aged whitey like me? Do I need to check in before accessing these areas? Do I need BLM approval or a dissention to buy a house in these areas? What is going on?

I've said it before and I'll say it again; you have separatist promotional or protest groups based on colour, religion etc and all you'll breed is more separatism

C0cks

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Black Lives Matter protest at London City Aiport on 14:16 - Sep 6 with 1980 viewsWilloW4

" alright mate, what are ya doing tomorrow?"....."not a lot, why?"....."fancy lieing down on a bit of Tarmac near London city airport?"..."yeah, sounds great, er, what for, in case my mum asks?".... "It's cos black people are being polluted against"..." Ooh yeah, I'll have some of that, shall I bring sandwiches?...ham or cheese"...." We'll get there in my range rover "...." Marvellous, looking forward to it, er, I think".
Black Lives Matter protest at London City Aiport on 14:29 - Sep 6 with 1951 viewsRosieG

Black Lives Matter protest at London City Aiport on 11:55 - Sep 6 by NW5Hoop

I'm not sure this is the world's best thought out protest, but climate change will have a disproportionate effect on places where people of colour live — South Asia, sub-Saharan Africa — so their fundamental point is right.

How PC of you
Black Lives Matter protest at London City Aiport on 14:32 - Sep 6 with 1943 viewsHendonHoop

In my opinion, All Lives Matter !!
Black Lives Matter protest at London City Aiport on 14:36 - Sep 6 with 1921 viewsWilloW4

Black Lives Matter protest at London City Aiport on 14:32 - Sep 6 by HendonHoop

In my opinion, All Lives Matter !!

In a nutshell...( apart from some seriously horrible people doing seriously horrible things)...surely if I or any of my mates wore 'white lives matter'.. We would be labelled racist.. Worlds gone nuts. Too many PC lemons organising nonsense.
Black Lives Matter protest at London City Aiport on 14:49 - Sep 6 with 1897 viewsRosieG

Black lives don't seem to matter to the black youth of London, stabbing and shooting each other every day of the week.
Black Lives Matter protest at London City Aiport on 14:53 - Sep 6 with 1886 viewsKonk

Black Lives Matter protest at London City Aiport on 14:36 - Sep 6 by WilloW4

In a nutshell...( apart from some seriously horrible people doing seriously horrible things)...surely if I or any of my mates wore 'white lives matter'.. We would be labelled racist.. Worlds gone nuts. Too many PC lemons organising nonsense.

I completely understand BLM in the context of policing in the US, but not sure of its relevance to LCY.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Black Lives Matter protest at London City Aiport on 15:38 - Sep 6 with 1813 viewskensalriser

Black Lives Matter protest at London City Aiport on 14:49 - Sep 6 by RosieG

Black lives don't seem to matter to the black youth of London, stabbing and shooting each other every day of the week.

At last, something you approve of!

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Login to get fewer ads

Black Lives Matter protest at London City Aiport on 15:56 - Sep 6 with 1788 viewsWadR

Black Lives Matter protest at London City Aiport on 14:36 - Sep 6 by WilloW4

"Black lives matter" is not exclusionary of other races. It's a response to the institutional racism and violence in America and the wider world.

When unarmed white people are killed by police at the frequency that black people are, maybe a white lives matter slogan would be justified. When the killers of Trayvon Martin, Freddie Gray, Michael Brown, Eric Garner, Sandra Bland, Mark Duggan,Alton Sterling, Philando Castille and many more are held accountable for their actions, maybe there'll be an argument for "all lives matter".
Black Lives Matter protest at London City Aiport on 16:03 - Sep 6 with 1771 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Black Lives Matter protest at London City Aiport on 14:53 - Sep 6 by Konk

I completely understand BLM in the context of policing in the US, but not sure of its relevance to LCY.

I agree with this. I completely understand the U.S. movement. Didn't realise there was a British equivalent and obviously know nothing about it. This morning's actions and the logic behind their statement seem confusing to me.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Black Lives Matter protest at London City Aiport on 16:05 - Sep 6 with 1762 viewsRosieG

Black Lives Matter protest at London City Aiport on 15:38 - Sep 6 by kensalriser

At last, something you approve of!

What the fu ck you on about you plum
Black Lives Matter protest at London City Aiport on 17:08 - Sep 6 with 1636 views1MoreBrightonR

Is it just me who's wondering if this is some obscure bunch of environmentalists who have claimed they are part of black lives matter to get more publicity!?
Black Lives Matter protest at London City Aiport on 17:21 - Sep 6 with 1616 viewsDiscodroids

Unbelievable to think that Black lives did'nt matter apparently , just 12 months ago.

The power of social media.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Black Lives Matter protest at London City Aiport on 17:33 - Sep 6 with 1598 viewsKonk

Black Lives Matter protest at London City Aiport on 17:21 - Sep 6 by Discodroids

Unbelievable to think that Black lives did'nt matter apparently , just 12 months ago.

The power of social media.

Poor people generally get a shi t deal irrespective of race. LCY isn't where it is because of some racist indifference to black people, it's where it is because it's on the outskirts of London on a relatively low cost, formerly heavily industrialised plot of land with close access to The City and Canary Wharf; the customer base it overwhelmingly serves. It makes sense to be there.

Given their concern about pollution, deprivation a lack of opportunities etc will they be campaigning for the poor sods who live near chemical works in places like Teeside, Widnes, Runcorn etc with similarly low life chances? Surely this is a class issue rather than something along racial lines?

Black Lives Matter protest at London City Aiport on 17:37 - Sep 6 with 1590 viewsWilloW4

Black Lives Matter protest at London City Aiport on 17:33 - Sep 6 by Konk

Poor people generally get a shi t deal irrespective of race. LCY isn't where it is because of some racist indifference to black people, it's where it is because it's on the outskirts of London on a relatively low cost, formerly heavily industrialised plot of land with close access to The City and Canary Wharf; the customer base it overwhelmingly serves. It makes sense to be there.

Given their concern about pollution, deprivation a lack of opportunities etc will they be campaigning for the poor sods who live near chemical works in places like Teeside, Widnes, Runcorn etc with similarly low life chances? Surely this is a class issue rather than something along racial lines?

But they are doing 'it'along racial lines'...all your valued points haven't been mentioned once at time of posting.
Black Lives Matter protest at London City Aiport on 17:42 - Sep 6 with 1425 viewsDiscodroids

Black lives matter Because they all live in poverty apparently, and do not use Airplanes, living as they do on the runway of the Hard-Right Heathrow Airport which is responsible for the preventable deaths of more than 100% of people - especially black people's lives, which matter more - due to accelerating Far-Right Climate Change which is all caused by neoliberal white members of the 1%, who rule the world and indeed elsewhere.

Hope I haven't left anything out .

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Black Lives Matter protest at London City Aiport on 17:44 - Sep 6 with 1420 viewsKonk

Black Lives Matter protest at London City Aiport on 17:37 - Sep 6 by WilloW4

But they are doing 'it'along racial lines'...all your valued points haven't been mentioned once at time of posting.

From the Guardian:

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/sep/06/climate-change-racist-cris

"Why are communities like east London’s Newham, where 40% of the population survive on £20,000 or less, hosting airports such as London City, where passengers earn on average £114,000 a year? When we say black lives matter, we mean all black lives, and that includes the lives of those who live in proximity to airports, to power plants, to the busiest of roads, and whose children grow up with asthma, and skin conditions exacerbated by air pollution. Black British Africans are 28% more likely than their white counterparts to be exposed to air pollution."

Sorry folks, it's a class issue. That's what you should be campaigning about. Also, I'd question the stats on power stations as most black people live in urban areas, and unless I'm going mad, the majority of power stations seem to be out in rural or at least semi-rural settings.

Black Lives Matter protest at London City Aiport on 17:45 - Sep 6 with 1418 viewsHayesender

Apparently all those arrested today are white. My guess is they are very much the privileged type who couldn't possibly start the day off before visiting some poncy coffee shop

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Black Lives Matter protest at London City Aiport on 17:50 - Sep 6 with 1411 viewsKonk

Black Lives Matter protest at London City Aiport on 17:45 - Sep 6 by Hayesender

Apparently all those arrested today are white. My guess is they are very much the privileged type who couldn't possibly start the day off before visiting some poncy coffee shop

I have no issue at all with white people showing solidarity and campaigning on issues that overwhelmingly or exclusively impact upon black people, with rich people doing likewise when campaigning for social equality, but this lot just seem like a confused bunch of clowns to me.

Black Lives Matter protest at London City Aiport on 17:59 - Sep 6 with 1392 viewsenfieldargh

LHR is totally fekked then. Its a disgrace that your average balti might get a good dose of napthna kerasine added to it.

What about all dem white boys standing in Myrtle Avenue chained to their note books and cameras eh eh

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Black Lives Matter protest at London City Aiport on 18:44 - Sep 6 with 1331 viewskingshill

Black Lives Matter protest at London City Aiport on 15:56 - Sep 6 by WadR

"Black lives matter" is not exclusionary of other races. It's a response to the institutional racism and violence in America and the wider world.

When unarmed white people are killed by police at the frequency that black people are, maybe a white lives matter slogan would be justified. When the killers of Trayvon Martin, Freddie Gray, Michael Brown, Eric Garner, Sandra Bland, Mark Duggan,Alton Sterling, Philando Castille and many more are held accountable for their actions, maybe there'll be an argument for "all lives matter".

Apart from Duggan didn't all those deaths occur in America?

I'd ask what the hell that has to do with a runway in East London?

I'd also argue Duggan being shot probably saved at least one other poor woman having to bury her son. Society is a better place with him out of it.

Lastly where are the marches to stop black kids stabbing and shooting other black kids? Seems to be everyone else's fault bar the people who bring them into the world and should be teaching them right from wrong.
Black Lives Matter protest at London City Aiport on 18:48 - Sep 6 with 1324 viewsDiscodroids

'Climate change is racist and London city airport operates in newham where the majority of people are of colour' #blm

I had the great misfortune to be born in newham in 1967 ,Living first in east Ham then Beckton, fortunately getting the fck out of the area in 1992.

I can tell the good learned people of Black Lives Matter that when The london city airport was first proposedin the early 80's , the area was approx 80% white. By the time it opened in 1988 it was still a Predominantly white area.

Damn these facts , damn them all to hell.
[Post edited 6 Sep 2016 18:54]

Black Lives Matter protest at London City Aiport on 18:53 - Sep 6 with 1306 viewspaulparker

Black Lives Matter protest at London City Aiport on 18:48 - Sep 6 by Discodroids

'Climate change is racist and London city airport operates in newham where the majority of people are of colour' #blm

I had the great misfortune to be born in newham in 1967 ,Living first in east Ham then Beckton, fortunately getting the fck out of the area in 1992.

I can tell the good learned people of Black Lives Matter that when The london city airport was first proposedin the early 80's , the area was approx 80% white. By the time it opened in 1988 it was still a Predominantly white area.

Damn these facts , damn them all to hell.
[Post edited 6 Sep 2016 18:54]

your living in the past DD , Newham is now the hotbed of multicultrilism, the old residents have never had it so good

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Black Lives Matter protest at London City Aiport on 18:54 - Sep 6 with 1297 viewsDiscodroids

Black Lives Matter protest at London City Aiport on 18:53 - Sep 6 by paulparker

your living in the past DD , Newham is now the hotbed of multicultrilism, the old residents have never had it so good

Racist.

Black Lives Matter protest at London City Aiport on 18:56 - Sep 6 with 1291 viewsRosieG

Black Lives Matter protest at London City Aiport on 18:44 - Sep 6 by kingshill

Apart from Duggan didn't all those deaths occur in America?

I'd ask what the hell that has to do with a runway in East London?

I'd also argue Duggan being shot probably saved at least one other poor woman having to bury her son. Society is a better place with him out of it.

Lastly where are the marches to stop black kids stabbing and shooting other black kids? Seems to be everyone else's fault bar the people who bring them into the world and should be teaching them right from wrong.

I totally agree with you.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024