Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Black Lives Matter protest at London City Aiport 11:27 - Sep 6 with 9698 viewsBlackCrowe

Climate change is racist appraently and all the protesters are white.

Next up are a load Mumsnet wives scaling Big Ben on behalf of Father 4 Justice.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Black Lives Matter protest at London City Aiport on 18:56 - Sep 6 with 2451 viewsDeepcutHoop

Black Lives Matter protest at London City Aiport on 17:50 - Sep 6 by Konk

I have no issue at all with white people showing solidarity and campaigning on issues that overwhelmingly or exclusively impact upon black people, with rich people doing likewise when campaigning for social equality, but this lot just seem like a confused bunch of clowns to me.

I wish to subscribe to your newsletter
Black Lives Matter protest at London City Aiport on 19:05 - Sep 6 with 2434 viewsWilloW4

Black Lives Matter protest at London City Aiport on 18:54 - Sep 6 by Discodroids

Racist.

Simple as that DD.. We are racist cos we don't agree with folks lying on the Tarmac at London city airport ...just a thought but, isn't clogging up the traffic with there motors running adding to the pollution..black folks or otherwise..to quote my brother." What a load of wxnk".!
Black Lives Matter protest at London City Aiport on 19:12 - Sep 6 with 2422 viewsLongsufferingR

Just a thought guys. If Polter and Ned both score on Saturday, we'd better make sure we cheer for exactly the same length of time for both goals. Wouldn't want some pasty faced posh boy anarchists lying down in the centre circle all afternoon.
Black Lives Matter protest at London City Aiport on 19:45 - Sep 6 with 2374 viewsted_hendrix

Black Lives Matter protest at London City Aiport on 19:12 - Sep 6 by LongsufferingR

Just a thought guys. If Polter and Ned both score on Saturday, we'd better make sure we cheer for exactly the same length of time for both goals. Wouldn't want some pasty faced posh boy anarchists lying down in the centre circle all afternoon.

We've had a fair few QPR players lying down or hanging around in the centre circle during the game over the years LongsufferingR.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Black Lives Matter protest at London City Aiport on 19:49 - Sep 6 with 2366 viewsTripper

A young black girl called LBC this afternoon to say it was time to take a stand on the effect of environmental issues on black people in this country. When pressed by Shelagh Fogarty on how as a young black girl had been affected by such issues she replied that middle class white people were fly tipping at the end of her street.

You couldn't make it up.
Black Lives Matter protest at London City Aiport on 20:45 - Sep 6 with 2303 viewsCHUBBS

People getting hysterical about black deaths at the hands of the police when in fact almost double the amount of people killed are white.

In 2015, The Washington Post launched a real-time database to track fatal police shootings, and the project continues this year. As of Sunday, 1,502 people have been shot and killed by on-duty police officers since Jan. 1, 2015. Of them, 732 were white, and 381 were black (and 382 were of another or unknown race).

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/news/post-nation/w

BLM is a George Soros creation that's real purpose is to keep divisions between white and black people.
Black people are being used and abused by the global elite not your average white Joe.
It's so predictable,they play the left like a violin,it would be funny if it wasn't so sad.
Black Lives Matter protest at London City Aiport on 20:52 - Sep 6 with 2291 viewsdannyblue

There's quite a consensus on this thread but I'm going to stick my head above the parapet.

To me, there's something strange about the level of anger and disdain expressed against this protest.

Yes it may be ill thought out, and you may not agree with it, but it is basically harmless and, for all their faults, you can't deny that they're trying to do something good, even if misdirected.

Save your ire for the real cnts. Those that barrel bomb children with chlorine, sacrifice child conscripts in false coups, fire white phosphorous into the most densely populated cities, blow themselves up in crowded areas etc..

There's a class element to the disdain too. But no matter how ugly or crass it looks, or if it needs a little refocusing, I'd still prefer the Ruperts develop a social conscience and try to do some good with their privilege, rather than just joining daddy's bank, robbing pension funds, privatising national wealth, mating with each other and living as rentiers.
Black Lives Matter protest at London City Aiport on 21:01 - Sep 6 with 2269 viewsBluce_Ree

Black Lives Matter protest at London City Aiport on 20:52 - Sep 6 by dannyblue

There's quite a consensus on this thread but I'm going to stick my head above the parapet.

To me, there's something strange about the level of anger and disdain expressed against this protest.

Yes it may be ill thought out, and you may not agree with it, but it is basically harmless and, for all their faults, you can't deny that they're trying to do something good, even if misdirected.

Save your ire for the real cnts. Those that barrel bomb children with chlorine, sacrifice child conscripts in false coups, fire white phosphorous into the most densely populated cities, blow themselves up in crowded areas etc..

There's a class element to the disdain too. But no matter how ugly or crass it looks, or if it needs a little refocusing, I'd still prefer the Ruperts develop a social conscience and try to do some good with their privilege, rather than just joining daddy's bank, robbing pension funds, privatising national wealth, mating with each other and living as rentiers.

"basically harmless"

I dunno. Getting planes redirected on the fly doesn't seem like a particularly safe thing. And then you don't know what effect those delays could have on the passengers and all that.

I'd say unless you double-checked that your actions wouldn't cause any potential harm then this is a protest by c*nts. Pointless c*nts who won't achieve anything with it.

They all need to f**k off back to Twitter where they can argue over whether or not feminists are transphobic or whatever passes as debate with this bunch of beta males.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Login to get fewer ads

Black Lives Matter protest at London City Aiport on 21:18 - Sep 6 with 2240 viewsLongsufferingR

I doubt you'll find a single person on here that doesn't agree that the "real cnts" are those you describe in your fourth paragraph. I also think you overestimate the feelings of most people towards this protest. It's not anger and disdain. It's incredulity at the absolute stupidity and confusion in their "thinking" and the combination of different issues in such a tenuous way.

As for it being "basically harmless", I wonder whether you'd be saying that if yours was one of the flights affected. I felt the same about this protest as I did yesterday when I was delayed at Waterloo for an hour because some moron decided to walk on the tracks at Weybridge. Totally needless and completely stupid.
Black Lives Matter protest at London City Aiport on 21:30 - Sep 6 with 2222 viewsdannyblue

You're probably right Longsuffering
Black Lives Matter protest at London City Aiport on 21:37 - Sep 6 with 2208 viewsLongsufferingR

Black Lives Matter protest at London City Aiport on 21:30 - Sep 6 by dannyblue

You're probably right Longsuffering

Damn, I was looking forward to a right bust-up!

Good night DB.
Black Lives Matter protest at London City Aiport on 21:40 - Sep 6 with 2201 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Fair point, Danny.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Black Lives Matter protest at London City Aiport on 23:02 - Sep 6 with 2114 viewsHighjack

I'm going to leave my TV on standby tonight just to piss these people off.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Black Lives Matter protest at London City Aiport on 23:06 - Sep 6 with 2108 viewsDorse

Orange Lives Matter too. Boycott Wonka.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Black Lives Matter protest at London City Aiport on 23:18 - Sep 6 with 2097 viewsNW5Hoop

Black Lives Matter protest at London City Aiport on 20:45 - Sep 6 by CHUBBS

People getting hysterical about black deaths at the hands of the police when in fact almost double the amount of people killed are white.

In 2015, The Washington Post launched a real-time database to track fatal police shootings, and the project continues this year. As of Sunday, 1,502 people have been shot and killed by on-duty police officers since Jan. 1, 2015. Of them, 732 were white, and 381 were black (and 382 were of another or unknown race).

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/news/post-nation/w

BLM is a George Soros creation that's real purpose is to keep divisions between white and black people.
Black people are being used and abused by the global elite not your average white Joe.
It's so predictable,they play the left like a violin,it would be funny if it wasn't so sad.

FFS, the absolute numbers of white people killed by police are higher, but the per capita deaths are much, much higher among the black community. There are a lot more white people than black people in the US, that's why more of them get killed. Proportionately many more black people get killed.
Black Lives Matter protest at London City Aiport on 00:10 - Sep 7 with 2058 viewsWanderR

Looks like the culture war bullsh*t finally jumped the shark. This 'protest' would've been rejected by The Day Today for being too unrealistic.

Current location: OX10

Black Lives Matter protest at London City Aiport on 01:04 - Sep 7 with 2030 viewsBoston

Beat me to it Chubbs's, thanks. Now you'll excuse me, I have to get back to nuking the whale...or something.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Black Lives Matter protest at London City Aiport on 07:49 - Sep 7 with 1951 viewsQPR_Jim

Black Lives Matter protest at London City Aiport on 20:45 - Sep 6 by CHUBBS

Also in the same article;

According to the most recent census data, there are nearly 160 million more white people in America than there are black people. White people make up roughly 62 percent of the U.S. population but only about 49 percent of those who are killed by police officers. African Americans, however, account for 24 percent of those fatally shot and killed by the police despite being just 13 percent of the U.S. population. As The Post noted in a new analysis published last week, that means black Americans are 2.5 times as likely as white Americans to be shot and killed by police officers.

So your article proves that you're 2.5 times more likely to be shot if you're a black American but people who are concerned by this are falling for some conspiracy? Or did you not bother to finish reading the article after you got the data you wanted?
Black Lives Matter protest at London City Aiport on 08:34 - Sep 7 with 1915 viewsCHUBBS

Black Lives Matter protest at London City Aiport on 23:18 - Sep 6 by NW5Hoop

FFS, the absolute numbers of white people killed by police are higher, but the per capita deaths are much, much higher among the black community. There are a lot more white people than black people in the US, that's why more of them get killed. Proportionately many more black people get killed.

You're right but there are reasons for that which you won't see in the mainstream media.

Black Crime Facts That The White Liberal Media Daren't Talk About
13K1149

This article originally appeared in the Infowars Underground Insider newsletter! Not subscribed? Join now!
Despite the revelation that half of the officers charged in the death of Freddie Gray — the incident that led to the Baltimore riots — are black, the narrative that black people are being disproportionately and unfairly targeted by predominantly white police officers and a racist criminal justice system in the United States continues to dominate.
This has led to the growth of a divisive movement — ‘Black Lives Matter’ — which has only served to further polarize America down racial lines, obsessing on skin color and invoking white guilt, while ignoring the true causes of and solutions to police brutality.
Until the following facts become part of the conversation, we’re never going to see a real reduction in the number of violent confrontations involving black people and police officers. But the mainstream media, political leaders and white people in general are afraid to even mention these facts for fear of being labeled racist.
I’m not here to win any popularity contests. I genuinely care about less black people and less police officers dying in the streets. So I’m going to give it to you straight.
Black people in the United States are more likely to be victims of violent confrontations with police officers than whites because they commit more violent crimes than whites per capita.
— FACT: Despite making up just 13% of the population, blacks commit around half of homicides in the United States. DOJ statistics show that between 1980 and 2008, blacks committed 52% of homicides, compared to 45% of homicides committed by whites.
More up to date FBI statistics tell a similar story. In 2013, black criminals carried out 38% of murders, compared to 31.1% for whites, again despite the fact that there are five times more white people in the U.S.
— FACT: From 2011 to 2013, 38.5 per cent of people arrested for murder, manslaughter, rape, robbery, and aggravated assault were black. This figure is three times higher than the 13% black population figure. When you account for the fact that black males aged 15-34, who account for around 3% of the population, are responsible for the vast majority of these crimes, the figures are even more staggering.
— FACT: Despite the fact that black people commit an equal or greater number of violent crimes than whites, whites are almost TWICE as likely to be killed by police officers.
According to data from the Centers for Disease Control, between 1999 and 2011, 2,151 whites died as a result of being shot by police compared to 1,130 blacks.
Critics argue that black people are overrepresented in these figures because they only represent 13% of the population, but they are underrepresented if you factor in violent crime offenders. In other words, you would expect the number of blacks and whites killed by police to be roughly equal given that they commit a roughly equal number of violent crimes, but that’s not the case. Whites are nearly 100% more likely to be victims.
And what about black on white violence in general?
— FACT: Despite being outnumbered by whites five to one, blacks commit eight times more crimes against whites than vice-versa, according to FBI statistics from 2007. A black male is 40 times as likely to assault a white person as the reverse. These figures also show that interracial rape is almost exclusively black on white.
“Even allowing for the existence of discrimination in the criminal justice system, the higher rates of crime among black Americans cannot be denied,” wrote James Q. Wilson and Richard Herrnstein in their widely cited 1985 study, “Crime and Human Nature.” “Every study of crime using official data shows blacks to be overrepresented among persons arrested, convicted, and imprisoned for street crimes.”
It’s clear that the greater propensity for black people to commit violent crimes is a driving factor as to why blacks are becoming involved in more violent confrontations with police than their 13% population figure suggests they should be. If the 911 calls are coming from black areas and are related to black people committing violent crimes, then of course black people are more likely to be involved in violent confrontations with cops.
Does that justify police brutality in cases such as Freddie Gray, Walter Scott or Eric Garner? No. But it does demolish the ‘Black Lives Matter’ narrative that the general trend of black people being victims of violent encounters with police is solely down to the fact that cops are racist towards black people. Racism is a factor, but the statistics clearly show that it’s by no means the only factor, and some would argue not even the dominant factor.
But aren’t all these statistics undermined by the fact that black people are unfairly targeted and framed for crimes by police officers in the first place? Don’t higher arrest and conviction rates of blacks merely prove that police are racist? This argument is debunked by looking at the proportion of offenders identified — not by police — but by victims — as black. The National Crime Victimization Survey shows that the number of blacks arrested generally correlates with the number of offenders identified as black by victims.
Studies suggest that the reasons behind blacks being more likely to commit violent crimes are the dual issues of poverty (which exacerbates family breakdown) and a sub-culture amongst the black community that is tolerant of and glamorizes crime and violence. In the aftermath of the Ferguson and Baltimore riots, we saw the white metropolitan liberal media further legitimize this violence by openly justifying and even endorsing violent unrest that targeted mainly black-owned businesses.
This is true racism — by encouraging blacks to loot and riot, the white liberal media is helping to keep black communities in a cycle of destructive behavior that will lead to more police brutality targeted against black people.
Police brutality is a huge problem within the United States, and anyone that denies that fact is a part of the problem. But until we acknowledge and address the equally important issue of violent criminality within the black community, and until that becomes part of the national conversation, the issue is never going to be resolved.
And by failing to make these facts part of the conversation, black political leaders, protest organizers, and the white liberal media is complicit in perpetuating the chain reaction of violence that makes more police brutality against black people an inevitable outcome.

It doesn't paint a pretty picture does it!!
Black Lives Matter protest at London City Aiport on 19:47 - Sep 7 with 1786 viewsRosieG

Black Lives Matter protest at London City Aiport on 15:38 - Sep 6 by kensalriser

At last, something you approve of!

You ignored my repost, why?
[Post edited 8 Sep 2016 5:12]
Black Lives Matter protest at London City Aiport on 02:45 - Sep 9 with 1620 viewstexasranger

Black Lives Matter protest at London City Aiport on 14:49 - Sep 6 by RosieG

Black lives don't seem to matter to the black youth of London, stabbing and shooting each other every day of the week.

Even more true of the black youths of Chicago !
Black Lives Matter protest at London City Aiport on 09:19 - Sep 9 with 1556 viewsCHUBBS

Black Lives Matter protest at London City Aiport on 02:45 - Sep 9 by texasranger

Funny how the facts generally seem to get in the way of a bourgeois leftist agenda.
That's the thing with most idealist liberal opinion,it's only an opinion because once you analyse ALL the facts their argument holds little water.
Black Lives Matter protest at London City Aiport on 09:59 - Sep 9 with 1529 views1MoreBrightonR

Black Lives Matter protest at London City Aiport on 02:45 - Sep 9 by texasranger

This argument doesnt really hold up because you're basically grouping all black people as one group, which you cant really do with any group of people...Because some black people dont value the lives of other black people does not mean that some other black people can value the lives of black people.
Black Lives Matter protest at London City Aiport on 10:32 - Sep 9 with 1507 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Though I have queries and questions about the organisation I think the point of Black Lives Matter is surely that whether black lives matter or not to some of the U.S. citizens they should certainly matter equally to their U.S. Government.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Black Lives Matter protest at London City Aiport on 11:32 - Sep 9 with 1477 viewsCHUBBS

Black Lives Matter protest at London City Aiport on 10:32 - Sep 9 by BrianMcCarthy

Though I have queries and questions about the organisation I think the point of Black Lives Matter is surely that whether black lives matter or not to some of the U.S. citizens they should certainly matter equally to their U.S. Government.

The statistics show that per capita white people get a raw deal from the establishment so that argument is a complete fabrication.
Nothing personal Brian I respect your opinions however there is a divisive agenda being played out.
The only way around it is for people of all colours to stop listening to the bullshit,open their eyes and unite.
Will never happen though.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024