Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph 21:32 - Sep 28 with 99188 viewsgobbles

The Telegraph ‏@Telegraph 1m1 minute ago
Latest #football4sale allegations concern Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink at QPR, Tommy Wright of Barnsley and Leeds' Massimo Cellino
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 09:38 - Sep 29 with 2812 viewsSuffolkHoop

Hasselbaink wasn't as active as usual on the bench the other night, to the point where I mentioned it to my mate with me. He was obviously sh1tting it after seeing Allardyce in the same restaurant he'd been in, talking to the same people he'd spoken to, in the Telegraph the night before.

I'm actually hopeful JFH can patch this up with the club. I feel as though we were going to get there eventually and we haven't had the chance to see the best out of a lot of the players he's signed, Washington in particular.
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 09:39 - Sep 29 with 2802 viewsElHoop

I think that maybe what you need to ask yourself is - if Hoos wants to keep him and carry on, do you know better than Hoos? Is your judgement better than that of Hoos? If you rate Hoos then why not trust him on this one? I have no idea what Hoos thinks, he's probably as disappointed as the rest of us, but I'd be happy to go along with Hoos and leave it to him.
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 09:42 - Sep 29 with 2778 viewsdavman

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 08:15 - Sep 29 by Hunterhoop

Nah, Dav. Disagree and think that's a misrepresentation of this thread.

There are several, including me, on here that have backed him before and wanted to give him this season.

But it's a conflict of interest that is unacceptable, in my view. The fake firm also make it clear in the meeting they can provide players. Jimmy (possibly jokingly) says he needs a forward. Doesn't go any further (in this meeting). But being paid by a company who are involved in selling something (in whatever capacity), and being employed by a company who but those things (over which he had some control) is a conflict of interests. You can't do it.

He's not actually discussing signing a player for £55k here, buthe's agreeing to put himself in a position from which he could behave corruptly. In any regulated industry (football is not), putting yourself in such a position, even if you don't execute it is strictly prohibited.

The other major point, linked to the potential conflict of interest, is can the players still trust him? Will they think that bloke was signed because JFH was on the take from that agency, etc?? Will the fanbase now trust him? As a club Les and Hoos put in a code of conduct (club above everything else), new ethos, etc, he's agreeing to shift training here to make £55k. Hardly in line with the code of conduct.

Look, I backed him, wanted him to have the full season. This has nothing to do with results or league position for me. If you talk the talk about codes of conduct, you have to walk the walk or it means nothing. And it's crucial we change how other players see QPR. I think he has to go. My view, is others think differently, that's cool too.

Fair play, Tom, but I still think that this would be different if we were top 2.

As I have said before, what you say and what you do are two different things. Jimmy may have thought he was there to talk about speaking to this company at the conference in the Far East and could have been surprised by the change of tact when it came to the truly dodgy bit of this, which related to the procurement of players.

Yes, he could have got on his high horse, told them to stuff it, but maybe he thought it so outrageous that they must have been having a laugh with him. That could explain the "Yeh, Yeh, just get me a fckn striker" jokey, flippant response.

Think about how else he could have responded as I'm not sure I would have done much different.

Of course, the really interesting issue here is the why him? Is it that Journo's still have it in for QPR or is it that they believe he has previous. They could have tried (and succeeded) on almost all managers, so why Jimmy?

So, agree to disagree, but I still think that, rightly or wrongly, it won't be the issue itself that drives him out, it will be the reaction 9f the fanbase. Without OUR support, this just won't work.

So, on that basis, bye, bye Jim.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 09:43 - Sep 29 with 2773 viewsBrightonhoop

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 09:27 - Sep 29 by Hoop_Du_Jour

Why didn't he let his agent handle the deal? If he's got one that is.

Good to see you posting HDJ, how are you doing?
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 09:50 - Sep 29 with 2714 viewsElHoop

We're definitely going to ride this one out by the look of it:

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11711/10597718/jimmy-floyd-hasselbaink-de

Well I've backed us to beat Fulham on the back of there being a 'do it for Jimmy' mentality on the day.
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 09:52 - Sep 29 with 2701 viewsGloryHunter

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 09:34 - Sep 29 by ElHoop

Well he does have an agent so presumably he has a scale of charges of some sort?

https://mn2s.com/booking-agency/talent-roster/jimmy-floyd-hasselbaink/

Clearly he was on the make here and it's very disappointing and part of me thinks he has to go and part of me thinks that we don't need that right now and will the owners get pissed off with it all if he goes - it's too much for them perhaps to go through all over again, I just don't know.

In which case he should have referred them to the agency, and not have tried negotiating a fee on his own. Or maybe he was hoping to avoid paying the agency their normal 15% cut?
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 09:52 - Sep 29 with 2689 viewsdavman

I wonder how much work Jimmy is putting in on the training ground today???

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 09:54 - Sep 29 with 2677 viewsDWQPR

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 09:38 - Sep 29 by SuffolkHoop

Hasselbaink wasn't as active as usual on the bench the other night, to the point where I mentioned it to my mate with me. He was obviously sh1tting it after seeing Allardyce in the same restaurant he'd been in, talking to the same people he'd spoken to, in the Telegraph the night before.

I'm actually hopeful JFH can patch this up with the club. I feel as though we were going to get there eventually and we haven't had the chance to see the best out of a lot of the players he's signed, Washington in particular.

Maybe we haven't seen the best of Washington so far is because whenever he has had the chance to play he has been played on his own with balls hoofed well above his head. I like Washington and I really think that there is a very decent player in there. Now I'm no footballing expert, certainly not a football manager, but I reckon the way you get the best out of someone like Conor Washington is to play the ball to his feet, or for him to run onto behind the defence, but certainly not by hoofing it up to his head. Very poor management.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Login to get fewer ads

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 10:00 - Sep 29 with 2610 viewsSuffolkHoop

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 09:54 - Sep 29 by DWQPR

Maybe we haven't seen the best of Washington so far is because whenever he has had the chance to play he has been played on his own with balls hoofed well above his head. I like Washington and I really think that there is a very decent player in there. Now I'm no footballing expert, certainly not a football manager, but I reckon the way you get the best out of someone like Conor Washington is to play the ball to his feet, or for him to run onto behind the defence, but certainly not by hoofing it up to his head. Very poor management.

Agreed, but I think we'll see the best of Washington once the others are fit as well. Sylla and Washington as a front two could work very well with some decent wingers eh?
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 10:01 - Sep 29 with 2605 viewsPhilmyRs

In the case of Big Sam and JFH, can’t people make errors of judgement these days without it automatically being a sacking offence? How many of us are much more candid and open with people when placed in an informal environment but what we say wouldn’t necessarily reflect our actions at work? I’ve said comments about my place of work and about some of the people I work with which would reflect badly on me. But it was a lot of hot hair, venting frustrations and/or talking about hypothetical situations. How many of us have over exaggerated our achievements and made out we’re open to offers of new opportunities “but would need to be a big pay rise to entice me…etc”.

But I know where the line is and I know if I’ve mentioned informally about loopholes in our systems etc. and if I expressed an interest in some paid employment outside my day-to-day responsibilities, I would check with my organisation ahead of getting the tick up. As far as I can tell JFH did not commit to anything, he expressed an interest if the money was right. There was no suggestion he would do this behind his employers backs, or did I miss that? He was speaking about a hypothetical situation which he may well have then run by the club to see whether it was possible at which point you would hope the club would say no, conflict of interest.

JFH is a (relatively) low paid Football Manager by Premiership and Championship standards. He was approached to do some overseas speaking engagements which for a player with a fairly distinguished playing history is not unusual, I’d even say the fees he was negotiating were not unusual. I agree it was worrying in how he suggested the international weekend would be the only opportunity he could attend and could look to switch training etc, but as I said above, I’m sure any decision to do this would have to be rubber stamped by Les/the club.
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 10:02 - Sep 29 with 2591 viewsBrightonhoop

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 09:42 - Sep 29 by davman

Fair play, Tom, but I still think that this would be different if we were top 2.

As I have said before, what you say and what you do are two different things. Jimmy may have thought he was there to talk about speaking to this company at the conference in the Far East and could have been surprised by the change of tact when it came to the truly dodgy bit of this, which related to the procurement of players.

Yes, he could have got on his high horse, told them to stuff it, but maybe he thought it so outrageous that they must have been having a laugh with him. That could explain the "Yeh, Yeh, just get me a fckn striker" jokey, flippant response.

Think about how else he could have responded as I'm not sure I would have done much different.

Of course, the really interesting issue here is the why him? Is it that Journo's still have it in for QPR or is it that they believe he has previous. They could have tried (and succeeded) on almost all managers, so why Jimmy?

So, agree to disagree, but I still think that, rightly or wrongly, it won't be the issue itself that drives him out, it will be the reaction 9f the fanbase. Without OUR support, this just won't work.

So, on that basis, bye, bye Jim.

Maybe he's got form we dont know about Davman.

Maybe he is perceived to be on a 'low salary' and an easy target.

Maybe they have got more on him.

I would imagine many were targetted, some would have smelt a rat, others wouldn't entertain them, but to garner these 'results' I imagine a high number will have been targetted.

Either way, I wanted JFH to succeed. This is a disaster for him and reflects badly on the Club too imho, he has to go. Perhaps come May we'll look back and see it as a blessing in disguise but it will take longer than that for Football to sort out its soiled y fronts. What a mess. I think many expected to see former Managers implicated but not JFH. ffs.
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 10:07 - Sep 29 with 2549 viewsBostonR

I suspect TF will decide his fate. Given his good reputation in Asia with his business interests I think JF will be gone. What on earth was he thinking?
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 10:09 - Sep 29 with 2536 viewsadhoc_qpr

Ultimately he's not done anything wrong, much like Big Sam, but it still leaves a bad taste and looks bad for the club.

I'd happily get rid of him as it's pretty grubby, but i'm i admit if we were flying i'd probably overlook this. Because's he a poor manager it's an easier decision.
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 10:10 - Sep 29 with 2532 viewsDejR_vu

It doesn't look to me that he's done much wrong, particularly if he has a clause in his contract that allows him to work on his days off. He's talking about going during an International Break when he would otherwise be spending time with his family (presumably it's protocol for the players to have a few days off), he's talking about where the fee would be paid so that he can account for the tax when agreeing on the size of the fee (so he's not looking to evade).

The bit about players seems to have been thrown in at the last minute and he just laughed it off, he didn't bite. So perhaps a bit naïve for not jumping on it straight away but nothing more than that.

But, in an era where the chasm between supporters and players/managers is getting bigger and bigger, it's just grubby, looking to make another £50k when you're already very well paid.

It will be the stench around this that gets him rather than anything he's actually done. The club has made a point, after the years of excess, of doing things the right way, with the right people etc. etc. This flies in the face. Even if the club do stick with him, the fans have turned and they'll have to act.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 10:11 - Sep 29 with 2530 viewsHoop_Du_Jour

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 09:43 - Sep 29 by Brightonhoop

Good to see you posting HDJ, how are you doing?

Not too bad thanks, considering I've just finished 6 months chemo. Fuzzy head and a runny arse still, but 30 years of hangovers prepared me well for that!
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 10:12 - Sep 29 with 2525 viewsAntti_Heinola

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 09:03 - Sep 29 by Northernr

Yes, because

1 - the money is being offered by a company that also says it wants to move players into the UK, so that's a conflict of interest.

2 - He talks about "helping him out a bit" when referring to an agent friend, all sorts of questions about that.

3 - Talks about giving the players three days off so he can go to Singapore to give a speech - at a time when we're supposed to be bedding in a new team.

4 - It was clearly said at the fans forum, by JFH, that we sign players in a number of ways, including "If I have a name I will bring it to them".

1. Agree, but he hasn't done it, nor promised to do it.
2. Agree. Murky. But as above.
3. Well, I don't agree with this. There's no time period on this, all he says is if it's an international break he could give them three days off. Not in the first or second int break of the season, or even saying he will, just that it's a possibility. That is super vague.
4. Well, yes, but if it's a good player and it's agreed he's worth signing, is that a problem? Does it matter where they come from? I don't know. Players are hawked from all kinds of shady places by shady people.

I dunno. It's very, very thin.

Totally don't agree with the point about the Telegraph not targeting him unless they'd heard stuff. McGarvey was setting this up, right? They would have pretty much spoken to anyone in the top divisions who he could get a meeting with and then tried their hand - as I said, i doubt any manager would have flat turned down a large fee to speak abroad or said anything in a casual meeting other than 'well i could look at some players' in return.

However, I do agree that every bad signing past or future by him will now be under a cloud. And that is a real problem.

Bare bones.

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 10:12 - Sep 29 with 2515 viewspeejaybee

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 21:53 - Sep 28 by Lblock

I'll not do my 1 up front as a deposit gag again.

Once this video breaks he HAS to go on immediate gardening leave followed by instant dismissal from gross misconduct.
Bungle needs to get on the blower to Ollie, Jackett or a decent manager and get them on standby NOW!!!

Your LIST of Decent Managers.????????????????

If at first you dont succeed, pack up and f**k off home.

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 10:15 - Sep 29 with 2490 viewsLongsufferingR

Haven't read all the posts, but there seems to be a significant number of posters on here who would have an entirely different view if we were winning and playing exciting football.

I'm happy to back the club in the decision they make regarding JFH, but the problem with corruption in football is summed up in this thread. If a manager is winning and popular, he would be allowed to ride out a storm like this. If he's not winning and/or unpopular, knives are out immediately. I have a strong feeling that if we got rid of JFH and got in a manager who had us playing great football and winning, but then faced the same allegations, the same posters who have it in for JFH would be dismissing the allegations as a lot of fuss over nothing.

Same as Michael Jackson fans refusing to believe he may have been up to no good. People need to take their blinkers off and put their allegiances to one side or nothing will change.
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 10:15 - Sep 29 with 2489 viewsaston_hoop

Wow, I go home from work last night with one aim to have a night off all things QPR. Nice dinner, nice glass of wine and a lovely evening and then I wake up in the morning to see I missed all this. Does it ever end? I liked the way we were progressing but I don't like corruption and unfortunately thats the end for Jimmy now.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 10:17 - Sep 29 with 2467 viewsAntti_Heinola

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 09:27 - Sep 29 by GloryHunter

It can't be the first time he's done this sort of thing - otherwise how would he know the going rate? He was very quick to slap down the £35k offer, and clearly had £55k or £60k in mind.

yeah he probably has done talks for a lot of money before, yes. There's no crime in that. A corporate gig for one night in the uk for someone like him would cost £20k-£30k minimum, so three or four days on the other side of the world for 55k is hardly unreasonable.

The bit is the bit about players, but again, it's pretty thin, especially for an initial chat.

Bare bones.

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 10:19 - Sep 29 with 2435 viewsBrightonhoop

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 10:11 - Sep 29 by Hoop_Du_Jour

Not too bad thanks, considering I've just finished 6 months chemo. Fuzzy head and a runny arse still, but 30 years of hangovers prepared me well for that!

Good man, hoe things improve now you've completed the chemo.
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 10:27 - Sep 29 with 2364 viewsdaveB

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 10:17 - Sep 29 by Antti_Heinola

yeah he probably has done talks for a lot of money before, yes. There's no crime in that. A corporate gig for one night in the uk for someone like him would cost £20k-£30k minimum, so three or four days on the other side of the world for 55k is hardly unreasonable.

The bit is the bit about players, but again, it's pretty thin, especially for an initial chat.

it's very thin and seems a 10 month investigation has turned up a few managers and agents bragging and no actual evidence of wrong doing.

Also sounds like he has it in his contract that he can do these kind of speaking events

I just can't see how he can stay though, as a club you can't plead poverty and talk of doing the right things then have the manager openly haggling over more money for a trip abroad. A real shame for him but much like Allardyce he's been caught and will have to face the consequences
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 10:34 - Sep 29 with 2279 viewsjohncharles

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 09:33 - Sep 29 by Clive_Anderson

Look at his face in the picture, that's the only time I think I've seen him smiling.

Don't really like him all that much, but it does look like he's been a bit stitched up though to be honest. The standard routine seems to be to give a manager a few drinks and film them for an hour and cobble together a couple of minutes of the worst stuff.

You could take anyone on here give them a few pints and we'd all say something dodgy over an evening.

I know I would
Can't help thinking the Telegraph are being vindictive here. There are plenty of more obvious targets. Did they try it on other managers who came out squeaky clean ? You have to have some sort of balance otherwise it's a witch hunt.

Strong and stable my arse.

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 10:35 - Sep 29 with 2268 viewsrichranger

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 10:27 - Sep 29 by daveB

it's very thin and seems a 10 month investigation has turned up a few managers and agents bragging and no actual evidence of wrong doing.

Also sounds like he has it in his contract that he can do these kind of speaking events

I just can't see how he can stay though, as a club you can't plead poverty and talk of doing the right things then have the manager openly haggling over more money for a trip abroad. A real shame for him but much like Allardyce he's been caught and will have to face the consequences

Interesting the club statement was made less than 30 minutes after the Torygraph piece was made public, and broadly supported Jimmy. Did they know it was coming?
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 10:35 - Sep 29 with 2265 viewshoof_hearted

This is where we've been going wrong since Jim Gregory sold the club.

It's supposed to be a bent owner and a straight manager not the other way round.

Clowns.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024