Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph 21:32 - Sep 28 with 99318 viewsgobbles

The Telegraph ‏@Telegraph 1m1 minute ago
Latest #football4sale allegations concern Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink at QPR, Tommy Wright of Barnsley and Leeds' Massimo Cellino
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 17:35 - Sep 29 with 3051 viewsozranger

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 17:14 - Sep 29 by Northernr

One of the games was 6-0 as well! We were fifth before you turned up

Few. Thought you were blaming it on my arrival.. three 1-1 draws and many defeats.
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 17:35 - Sep 29 with 3042 viewskropotkin41

Well, this is fun. What a steaming pile of sh*t! If we don't get thoroughly f*cked over on Saturday it will be nothing short of a miracle.

Could we just do a season or two in a row without this kind of thing happening?

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 17:36 - Sep 29 with 3035 viewsElHoop

Burton chairman stands up for Jimmy:

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11711/10597718/jimmy-floyd-hasselbaink-de
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 17:37 - Sep 29 with 3030 viewsNorthernr

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 17:35 - Sep 29 by ozranger

Few. Thought you were blaming it on my arrival.. three 1-1 draws and many defeats.

Yeh you can sit somewhere else in the Crown as well from now on.
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 17:55 - Sep 29 with 2926 viewsted_hendrix

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 12:11 - Sep 29 by robith

Well maybe I'm being overly harsh because this kind of thing happens to me all the time. An offer of coffee or a lunch to "tell me new developments potentially really good for my client"- then halfway through a desperate salesperson offering all kinds of inducements to get them on my plan - been offered playstations, FA Cup final tickets, even 2.5% of whatever I get clients to spend. For me it's pretty simple, no winks or looking uncomfortable - plain straight "no thanks". If it ever got out mine and my agency's rep would be in tatters.

So yeah, I am being harsh, and as I said it doesn't look as bad as it sounded last night. But he really should've been telling them to do one

Interestingly we have to do an annual Bribery & Corruption exam in our industry.
10 questions with 4 possible answers for each question and you might be surprised at how difficult it is to get all of the answers correct, some of the four answers you get as a choice are all similar but three of them are obviously wrong answers!
You really do have to be careful nowadays and sometimes think long and hard before you give an answer.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 17:59 - Sep 29 with 2882 viewsjoolsyp

If/when he does go does that mean Oldfield and the rather large backroom staff we have assembled in recent months will go too? What will that cost us?

We don't do stability do we?
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 18:02 - Sep 29 with 2868 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 17:55 - Sep 29 by ted_hendrix

Interestingly we have to do an annual Bribery & Corruption exam in our industry.
10 questions with 4 possible answers for each question and you might be surprised at how difficult it is to get all of the answers correct, some of the four answers you get as a choice are all similar but three of them are obviously wrong answers!
You really do have to be careful nowadays and sometimes think long and hard before you give an answer.

I have almost zero influence, power, or company money to spend yet would get the bullet if I didn't declare a gift given to me by any stakeholder.
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 18:19 - Sep 29 with 2778 viewsterryb

I was impressed by the latest club statement & I actually trust Lee Hoos to carry out a proper investigation & recommend the correct course of action to the board.

Can you imagine how the club would have handled this before his arrival?
Login to get fewer ads

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 18:20 - Sep 29 with 2762 viewsMatch82

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 18:19 - Sep 29 by terryb

I was impressed by the latest club statement & I actually trust Lee Hoos to carry out a proper investigation & recommend the correct course of action to the board.

"We lost the paperwork"
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 18:28 - Sep 29 with 2711 viewsterryb

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 18:20 - Sep 29 by Match82

"We lost the paperwork"

We would never have had any paperwork!

Nor have any investigation!
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 18:36 - Sep 29 with 2668 viewsBrightonhoop

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 15:50 - Sep 29 by whittocksRs

The initial statement, offering JFH Hasselbaink support, was a big mis-step by the club. If we fire him, he can use that statement to increase the severance fee. Classic QPR mismanagement — compare that statement with Barnsley's, the FA's, etc. Smacks of Fernandes to me.

In terms of the Telegraph sting, there would have been anecdotal evidence given to the journalists, and as the plan was to catch people in the act, the trap was set. He certainly didn't seem like this sort of thing was alien to him. For something as serious as systemic corruption, the means are fully justified.

Dont think that is reasonable on TF at all, totally different case to Barnsley, where cash changed hands.
On full context I would expect the Club to stand by there man until guilt was proven, or doubt so sufficient, which I think has happened, he has to go. Loyalty is very important.
The tone in the second statement is very different to the first. I think the Club are getting this right so far.
I also think Hoos and Les are a credit to the Club and have done well so far to investigate it properly, it is going to be difficult enough to replace JFH in our set up with a DoF anyway, if they look too hot on the trigger who the fck is going to come to QPR? They seem to be handling it very well so far. So why start pelters on TF? Some days I'm amazed he's still here.
[Post edited 29 Sep 2016 18:39]
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 18:41 - Sep 29 with 2629 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 18:19 - Sep 29 by terryb

This.

A small sliver of professionalism gleaming like a diamond in a turd.
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 18:42 - Sep 29 with 2615 viewsderbyhoop

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 10:10 - Sep 29 by DejR_vu

It doesn't look to me that he's done much wrong, particularly if he has a clause in his contract that allows him to work on his days off. He's talking about going during an International Break when he would otherwise be spending time with his family (presumably it's protocol for the players to have a few days off), he's talking about where the fee would be paid so that he can account for the tax when agreeing on the size of the fee (so he's not looking to evade).

The bit about players seems to have been thrown in at the last minute and he just laughed it off, he didn't bite. So perhaps a bit naïve for not jumping on it straight away but nothing more than that.

But, in an era where the chasm between supporters and players/managers is getting bigger and bigger, it's just grubby, looking to make another £50k when you're already very well paid.

It will be the stench around this that gets him rather than anything he's actually done. The club has made a point, after the years of excess, of doing things the right way, with the right people etc. etc. This flies in the face. Even if the club do stick with him, the fans have turned and they'll have to act.

Sums up my feelings as well.

There is a potential conflict of interest if he can switch training days so that he can travel halfway round the world. The speaking engagement is not illegal, unless there is something in his contract to forbid additional extra curricular activities. The TV companies bring in managers as expert summarisers on big games and I'm sure there would be a fee for that.

It's far more serious if the evidence implicates him in arranging transfers while picking up an "introduction fee" for players from an agency he is contracted to. From what Les has said in the past there is an extensive process at QPR for bringing in players. In that respect, the arrangement we have with a DOF actually protects the club.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 18:45 - Sep 29 with 2601 viewsQPR_John

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 18:36 - Sep 29 by Brightonhoop

Dont think that is reasonable on TF at all, totally different case to Barnsley, where cash changed hands.
On full context I would expect the Club to stand by there man until guilt was proven, or doubt so sufficient, which I think has happened, he has to go. Loyalty is very important.
The tone in the second statement is very different to the first. I think the Club are getting this right so far.
I also think Hoos and Les are a credit to the Club and have done well so far to investigate it properly, it is going to be difficult enough to replace JFH in our set up with a DoF anyway, if they look too hot on the trigger who the fck is going to come to QPR? They seem to be handling it very well so far. So why start pelters on TF? Some days I'm amazed he's still here.
[Post edited 29 Sep 2016 18:39]

Agree with all that
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 19:04 - Sep 29 with 2485 viewsSimonJames

Just curious... if evidence emerged that NW took payments, would the folk who clamour for his return every time we lose at home, continue to demand it with the same level of fervour?

100% of people who drink water will die.

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 19:05 - Sep 29 with 2479 viewsHunterhoop

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 19:04 - Sep 29 by SimonJames

Just curious... if evidence emerged that NW took payments, would the folk who clamour for his return every time we lose at home, continue to demand it with the same level of fervour?

Good question. Maybe we'll find out.
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 19:12 - Sep 29 with 2439 viewsingeminate

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 19:05 - Sep 29 by Hunterhoop

Good question. Maybe we'll find out.

Thump Fulham then win a few more on the trot and this could well be forgotten. Conversely if we get thumped by Fulham, one of our standard tonkins then he's a goner.

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. PG Wodehouse
Poll: Should Jimmy be sacked?

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 19:36 - Sep 29 with 2302 viewsLongsufferingR

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 19:12 - Sep 29 by ingeminate

Thump Fulham then win a few more on the trot and this could well be forgotten. Conversely if we get thumped by Fulham, one of our standard tonkins then he's a goner.

Just to make Fulham's day even brighter, Lee Mason's in charge on Saturday.
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 20:30 - Sep 29 with 2029 viewsjohncharles

My real feeling have been censored and I'm Fkud if I'm going to to change it. Can't believe anyone one on here would be offended. If you are you need to reconsider you're lifestyle. I was posting in support of JFH mainly because you believe him or the "rather awful people "at the Telegraph.
Is that middle class enough for our readers who have ever heard the word vagina before ?

Strong and stable my arse.

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 20:32 - Sep 29 with 2011 viewsNorthernr

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 20:30 - Sep 29 by johncharles

My real feeling have been censored and I'm Fkud if I'm going to to change it. Can't believe anyone one on here would be offended. If you are you need to reconsider you're lifestyle. I was posting in support of JFH mainly because you believe him or the "rather awful people "at the Telegraph.
Is that middle class enough for our readers who have ever heard the word vagina before ?

No posts have been deleted today so I'm not sure where yours has gone. I've been on the board all day, for obvious reasons, no deletions.
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 20:35 - Sep 29 with 1996 viewsNW5Hoop

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 17:01 - Sep 29 by BklynRanger

So Tony had a moment of lucidity in the moments between last night's Tanqueray and meth binge and tonight's Boddingtons and mescaline extravaganza. Seems like the right approach. Jimmy has obviously dropped himself into a big pile of shit but there's no reason to wholly believe what the Telegraph are saying either. As a newspaper in this day and age they may have decided that the bumper publicity from this series of stings is worth the risk of some legal backlash. I've got the pitchfork and the lighter sitting on the sideboard but it seems too early to go full SImpsons witch hunt giff just yet.

"s a newspaper in this day and age they may have decided that the bumper publicity from this series of stings is worth the risk of some legal backlash."

No, they won't. These stories provide a temporary circulation bounce, that's all. If they put on 15,000 every day of this week - which they almost certainly won't - that's 90,000 extra copies. It costs £1.40 on weekdays and what £2.50 on a Saturday? They're not even going to cover legal fees in the event of a libel case with that. And the Telegraph's management take profit margins very seriously.

They won't have printed this unless they believe it is legally watertight.
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 20:51 - Sep 29 with 1920 viewsWeaverQPR

Why have the DT gone for JFH they must have known he could be bought you don't just pluck names out of a hat

@WeavQPR

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 20:53 - Sep 29 with 1906 viewsA40Bosh

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 19:36 - Sep 29 by LongsufferingR

Just to make Fulham's day even brighter, Lee Mason's in charge on Saturday.

Talking to my Fulham mate tonight and discussing our latest embarrassment and how if he is still in charge on Saturday and things are going to plan as usual for our away day at the cottage it could get pretty ugly in the away end.

It amazes me that despite our current form at Fulham, he still does not take it for granted that they will spank us on Saturday and reckons that conversely if Fulham are not spanking us this time because they are playing so gash it is likely to get just as ugly in the home end because the natives are getting restless enough as it is.

Anyway back to JFH.

I think the current club statement is also aimed at saying to the fans that it is "business as usual" in the interim in terms of whatever that mean when preparing for the mass slaughter this Saturday lunchtime.

Personally, I don't think he has done anything wrong based on everyone's positioning of it so far, time will tell and unlike some on here who take offence to him pimping himself for a bit on the side for £55K I could not give a shiiite. If in the eyes of foreign business men he is classed as a "product" and someone is willing to pay £55K to use that product (had it been a genuine enquiry about a genuine speech) then I say, fill your boots son. I still don't get this they get paid loads more than the rest of us as it is and it is not fair that they can get even more. JFH is on a rolling contract and football in the modern era dictates he wont have a guaranteed income this time 2 yrs from now as it is and that is without this scandal bringing the axe even earlier. If he was genuinely only there to discuss giving a speech during an international break, was not breaking any tax, employment contract, or any other rules or laws and he would have been up front with the club as to where he was off to and if he is entitled to do other sports related activities outside of his core contract and that does not effect his performance (open to debate anyway without him having these distractions!) then off you go son make the most of what you can get. Not defending him, just not shooting him until the facts become clearer.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 20:57 - Sep 29 with 1871 viewsjohncharles

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 20:51 - Sep 29 by WeaverQPR

Why have the DT gone for JFH they must have known he could be bought you don't just pluck names out of a hat

It looks like to me that they had a list of people they were after. Like show trials, no one is found innocent. Highly dodgy "journalism"
where are all the tapes of all the people who said no ?

Strong and stable my arse.

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 20:58 - Sep 29 with 1864 viewskarl

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 18:02 - Sep 29 by BazzaInTheLoft

I have almost zero influence, power, or company money to spend yet would get the bullet if I didn't declare a gift given to me by any stakeholder.

I see your plan here, buy the Orkney Islands Council official 'expensive' bottle of wine and get your patsy to deliver it, i'm doomed!!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024