Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Black Cabs versus Uber 13:44 - Oct 14 with 30679 viewsBlackCrowe

30 minutes ago in St Martins Lane.

Me: Hi, do you take cards

Black cab: Read the sign mate - cash only. Now do you want a cab or not?

Me: It's alright, I'll get an Uber.

How to wreck your livelihood in one simple step

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Black Cabs versus Uber on 14:34 - Nov 4 with 1070 viewsNov77

Inside out on BBC one 7.30pm tonight exposing how potentially thousands of minicab drivers obtained their licenses illegally in London.
they were paying people £500 to do their tests for them.

tfl couldn't care less, they earn £300 for every license they hand out, and are STILL handing out 700 new licenses every WEEK.

remember these are the people who are bringing in congestion charging to make you pay for the congestion that they cause.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Black Cabs versus Uber on 18:24 - Nov 4 with 935 viewsBoston

Uber saved my marriage.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Black Cabs versus Uber on 21:32 - Nov 4 with 839 viewsGloryHunter

I've never used an Uber, and I haven't used a black cab for about eight years. If you're out in London, then there's always a tube, or train, or bus, or a night bus. Or just walk home. How on earth did our grandparents manage?
Black Cabs versus Uber on 00:22 - Nov 5 with 780 viewsBoston

Black Cabs versus Uber on 21:32 - Nov 4 by GloryHunter

I've never used an Uber, and I haven't used a black cab for about eight years. If you're out in London, then there's always a tube, or train, or bus, or a night bus. Or just walk home. How on earth did our grandparents manage?

Well, they didn't have at least one car either.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Black Cabs versus Uber on 09:39 - Nov 5 with 660 viewsrobith

Black Cabs versus Uber on 21:32 - Nov 4 by GloryHunter

Cabs can be super handy - for eg me and my mates play cricket on weekday evenings in Victoria park which is really awkward to get back to Finsbury Park/Walthamstow from, especially with kit. Uber/cab means I can have four pints after and be home for 11pm.

However had a sting recently where me and a mate got a cab back to Walthamstow/FP from Soho, and they went through the city and out to Barking and it cost £80. They refused to refund me (estimated cost was £35) so I haven't used them since.

That said, with the night tube my use of cabs has near evaporated anyway (above was a Thursday night). Nothing is quicker for me than hopping on the blue bullet on a Friday night (avoid town like the plague on a Saturday)
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024