Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brentford on Friday 15:35 - Oct 24 with 13051 viewshoof_hearted

Okay JFH. You want us to make some noise? Friday's the chance for you to gee the team up to snap into every tackle, run until their lungs burst, fight for everything, no surrender, score more than one goal, maybe.

If you give us something to cheer we'll send you home with ringing eardrums.

(Assuming I'm not the only one starting my (hic) preparations at 4.00 on Friday.)

Brentford on Friday on 15:22 - Oct 26 with 2360 viewskensalriser

Oi! When did I say it wasn't OK? I enjoyed the additonal entertainment, as did several of my neighbours.

"And self-appointed guardian of acceptable dress and behaviour Kensal Riser tells me it's not OK to be in R and (1) singing on your own (2) beered up (3) wearing a deeply unstylish fishing/Popeye Doyle hat (4) calling BFG 'Polti babes' and (5)calling Shodipo Sylla or vice-versa. "

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Brentford on Friday on 15:33 - Oct 26 with 2333 views18StoneOfHoop

Brentford on Friday on 15:22 - Oct 26 by kensalriser

Oi! When did I say it wasn't OK? I enjoyed the additonal entertainment, as did several of my neighbours.

"And self-appointed guardian of acceptable dress and behaviour Kensal Riser tells me it's not OK to be in R and (1) singing on your own (2) beered up (3) wearing a deeply unstylish fishing/Popeye Doyle hat (4) calling BFG 'Polti babes' and (5)calling Shodipo Sylla or vice-versa. "

Apologies kensalriser,my bad!

I took your comments the wrong way.
Thought you were telling me I was a great big

Drunk I often am but a good-natured humorous non-aggressive one I hope.

Looking forward to Friday night in X and continuing my ad hoc travels all round HQ this season.
All best wishes KR, kind regards 18Stone.

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

Brentford on Friday on 15:35 - Oct 26 with 2323 viewsW7Ranger

Brentford on Friday on 11:10 - Oct 26 by Antti_Heinola

The three of us probably stood next to each other.
Great days. Also think it's age though. I genuinely saw QPR 18 times before I saw us lose. Felt really special those days. One game v Ipswich I came back from a trip abroad, put my suitcase in a locker at Heathrow, dashed to the game, made it 10 mins late, was right at the back of the Loft, couldn't even see the Loft penalty box and every time we attacked I had to push myself up on the bar at the back so i could see what was going on. We won 3-0 - Devon with two and maybe Barker? Then went back to Heathrow to get my suitcase and go home. But it's like Christmas - you get older and you wonder where the magic went. I remember a teacher of mine in the early 90s saying he used to be a regular at Elland Road, loved it, wouldn't miss a game, couldn't imagine missing a game, but then he just drifted off - it became less important, he had a family etc. I thought 'I'll never be like that', but while I still have my ST I see what he means now. Sky, prices and all that play a big part, but so does life and just getting older.

Was at that Ipswich game too! And the Norwich and Wimbledon games mentioned earlier. That was when I either went on my own or with a floating fan mate of mine. Bus from Acton, pay on the door (no idea how much), get a spot in the loft and watch the game. Loved it!

That 3-1 against Norwich, we were superb in that game. Norwich had a great side in the early 90's and played a very similar style to us. We had some real ding dongs with them at that time. Always fantastic games with plenty of goals...

Brentford on Friday on 15:45 - Oct 26 with 2294 viewskensalriser

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Brentford on Friday on 15:45 - Oct 26 with 2293 viewspaulparker

Brentford on Friday on 15:35 - Oct 26 by W7Ranger

Was at that Ipswich game too! And the Norwich and Wimbledon games mentioned earlier. That was when I either went on my own or with a floating fan mate of mine. Bus from Acton, pay on the door (no idea how much), get a spot in the loft and watch the game. Loved it!

That 3-1 against Norwich, we were superb in that game. Norwich had a great side in the early 90's and played a very similar style to us. We had some real ding dongs with them at that time. Always fantastic games with plenty of goals...

the 3-1 against Norwich was a brilliant performance that hardly gets talked about
I took my then girlfriend to the game and stood at the front of the loft , TBF she hardly gave a monkeys and couldn't of been less interested if she tried
I do recall for that game they switched Sutton back to centre back and Les totally tore him a new one
btw im pretty sure the Wimbledon game we had Maurice Doyle making a very rare appearance for us

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Brentford on Friday on 15:54 - Oct 26 with 2278 viewsW7Ranger

Brentford on Friday on 15:45 - Oct 26 by paulparker

the 3-1 against Norwich was a brilliant performance that hardly gets talked about
I took my then girlfriend to the game and stood at the front of the loft , TBF she hardly gave a monkeys and couldn't of been less interested if she tried
I do recall for that game they switched Sutton back to centre back and Les totally tore him a new one
btw im pretty sure the Wimbledon game we had Maurice Doyle making a very rare appearance for us

We were gash in the Wimbledon game. 1-0 up after about 3 minutes. Should have been disallowed as Bradley Allen blatantly fouled Robbie Earle before laying it on for Les to score. Rest of the game was sh1te and we lost!

Brentford on Friday on 15:58 - Oct 26 with 2270 viewspaulparker

Brentford on Friday on 15:54 - Oct 26 by W7Ranger

We were gash in the Wimbledon game. 1-0 up after about 3 minutes. Should have been disallowed as Bradley Allen blatantly fouled Robbie Earle before laying it on for Les to score. Rest of the game was sh1te and we lost!

yes I remember the Allen push, god I forgot how much I hated Wimbledon and bar the 4-3 game how many times they turned us over

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Brentford on Friday on 10:04 - Oct 27 with 2069 viewsJB020

Hi All,
I'm from Amsterdam and Friday will be my first ever QPR game.
What's a good place to drink a beer and meet some people before the game?
Login to get fewer ads

Brentford on Friday on 18:45 - Oct 27 with 1882 viewsPunteR

Got my tickets today. No dramas.
C'mon u R's

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Brentford on Friday on 20:10 - Oct 27 with 1832 viewsRebalhoop

Brentford on Friday on 14:34 - Oct 25 by paulparker

I don't understand the mentality to it surely you want as many people to turn up and come to the ground , and as for £26 to watch posh vs scunny its scandalous
I don't know perhaps im a dinosaur from a bygone age but I used to quite like the feeling of just going to football on the day , turning up for a quick pint and then just getting a ticket , I mean its a day out at football why does it need a military style operation to go now?

Agree 100 per cent ,part of the reason I haven't been to LR for 5 seasons,that and health and money problems.but just turning up,couple of pints,bag of chips,watch match,couple more pints,happy days.
Brentford on Friday on 04:53 - Oct 28 with 1726 viewsLadbrokeR

so early start it is then. This is probably never going to be a momentous season so let's have a few beverages and get behind the team. C0YRs.
Brentford on Friday on 07:23 - Oct 28 with 1697 viewsStanisgod

Brentford on Friday on 09:02 - Oct 26 by Toast_R

The reason I started going was because it was a piece of piss to turn up, pay £5 on the turnstile and stand on the Loft to watch top flight football.
I pity the kids of today who will never be able to experience the simplicity where going to watch your team was a take it or leave decision to be made on the day. Going to football now is like booking for a mini getaway.

Reminds me actually, did anyone ever get one of those "I stood on the Loft" certificates on offer at the final match before it closed for renovations?
They handed out the leaflets at the last home match it was open for against Everton if I remember rightly and Devon White punched the ball over the line for a win. I never bothered to get one but now, I wish I had.
[Post edited 26 Oct 2016 9:07]

Ive got 2 😋😋

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Brentford on Friday on 09:30 - Oct 28 with 1636 viewsfrancisbowles

Brentford on Friday on 10:04 - Oct 27 by JB020

Hi All,
I'm from Amsterdam and Friday will be my first ever QPR game.
What's a good place to drink a beer and meet some people before the game?

Welcome to this board, I hope you bring us luck and enjoy your day! As for beer, still a good few pubs along the Uxbridge Road, depends on your age and taste etc. The Adelaide is always busy and is close to the ground.

Be great if you come back on here after and give us your impressions over the weekend. Just hope it goes well and we haven't entered the 'nuclear winter'! Lol!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024