Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So my son...... 20:44 - Oct 25 with 2744 viewsRickyDicky

Got us two tickets to see Eddie and the Hot Rods at the 100 club for a birthday gift. Haven't seen them since I was 17. I bang on about them and Dr Feelgood, Bowie, Bolan etc etc.seen load of tribute bands, good and bad. So looking forward to it.

Have you guys and gals seen a group years later ?

Poll: Where will we finish next Year. Starting early.

So my son...... on 20:50 - Oct 25 with 2249 viewsBoston

Personally I try not to. Had a great time back then, don't want to tarnish the memories.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

So my son...... on 21:01 - Oct 25 with 2238 viewsBrightonhoop

Depends who it is. PIL were brlliant still four years ago, slower but did two nights and blew the roof off. Seen Bruce Foxton do the best acoustic version of that's entertainment, many many years after Stanley Road era Weller, and McCullough with the bloke from the Lightning Seeds, equally brilliant 30 years on.
Have a good night.
So my son...... on 21:40 - Oct 25 with 2186 viewsMonahoop

Do anything you want to do by Eddie and the Horrors remains one of my favourite singles. Great band, but I'm not sure what they're like now. I saw them in '78. Masterson must be their only original member left. I saw the Blockheads recently. Impressive musicianship still and a great gig, but not the same without old Ian.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

So my son...... on 23:11 - Oct 25 with 2126 viewsMoonshineSteve

The Specials were playing in Sheffield on Saturday night. Pub my son & I went in after the game was full of middle-aged scooter boys & rudies. Was tempted to seek out a tout. Saw them at Hammersmith Palais in 1979.

Have a great time at the gig.

I am still Steve but no longer in Dagenham.

So my son...... on 23:20 - Oct 25 with 2112 viewskensalriser

So my son...... on 20:50 - Oct 25 by Boston

Personally I try not to. Had a great time back then, don't want to tarnish the memories.

Be honest, it's because you lost all your connections to bunk in through the back.

That and the UK Subs stubborn refusal to do a tour of Massachusetts.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

So my son...... on 02:49 - Oct 26 with 2059 viewsBoston

So my son...... on 23:20 - Oct 25 by kensalriser

Be honest, it's because you lost all your connections to bunk in through the back.

That and the UK Subs stubborn refusal to do a tour of Massachusetts.

Well...

So my son...... on 06:48 - Oct 26 with 2031 viewsDWQPR

So my son...... on 23:11 - Oct 25 by MoonshineSteve

The Specials were playing in Sheffield on Saturday night. Pub my son & I went in after the game was full of middle-aged scooter boys & rudies. Was tempted to seek out a tout. Saw them at Hammersmith Palais in 1979.

Have a great time at the gig.

Saw The Specials at the 2012 Olympic Closing ceremony concert at Hyde Park supporting Blur, also on the bill was New Order. The Specials absolutely blew Blur away. Was great to see New Order as well. Also in the last few years have seen The Damned, a great night, very messy as you would expect from The Damned. But if you want to see a real oldie, who is relevant today, go no further than get tickets for Seasick Steve, 76 years old and the guy is an absolute genius.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

So my son...... on 08:07 - Oct 26 with 1997 viewsMonahoop

So my son...... on 06:48 - Oct 26 by DWQPR

Saw The Specials at the 2012 Olympic Closing ceremony concert at Hyde Park supporting Blur, also on the bill was New Order. The Specials absolutely blew Blur away. Was great to see New Order as well. Also in the last few years have seen The Damned, a great night, very messy as you would expect from The Damned. But if you want to see a real oldie, who is relevant today, go no further than get tickets for Seasick Steve, 76 years old and the guy is an absolute genius.

Old Seasick is on my must see list still. Every time he's over my way, I'm somewhere else. He gets caned by the blues purists, but what do they know? I love his gritty, DIY style country blues, played on his improvised guitars. Wish there were more like him around.

Login to get fewer ads

So my son...... on 08:57 - Oct 26 with 1966 viewsDorse

Saw the last night of Status Quo's Frantic Four (Rossi, Parfitt, Lancaster, Coghlan) tour at Wembley in 2013. Absolutely stunning, heads down, blues rock boogie. Made you realise what all the fuss was about (and how much of a cabaret act the current line up has become).

And Hawkwind at Bournemouth Academy about 18 months ago. What a show! Trippy light show, great tunes / vibe and the sound was like being punched in the chest all night. Absolutely no egos on stage, just a load of guy is who were obviously loving their work. 'Master of the Universe', 'Assault and Battery' and 'Hassan I Sabha' all together was a particular highlight.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

So my son...... on 09:01 - Oct 26 with 1963 viewsRamseyR

Have seen Theatre of Hate and PIL this year....Dead Kennedys last year. Seen them all several times over last few years. All still superb. If they weren't still top notch I wouldn't go, as I can't stand bands just going through the motions.

Got Stiff Little Fingers booked for next year, but not seen them since about 1981 so that will be a new one

The 100 Club is a cracking venue.
So my son...... on 09:18 - Oct 26 with 1948 viewsMoonshineSteve

Was at Seasick Steve's gig at Wembley Arena the other week, birthday present from the other half. Superb.

I am still Steve but no longer in Dagenham.

So my son...... on 10:50 - Oct 26 with 1895 viewshoof_hearted

So my son...... on 09:18 - Oct 26 by MoonshineSteve

Was at Seasick Steve's gig at Wembley Arena the other week, birthday present from the other half. Superb.

Seen him a few times. I love the way he still acts the hobo even though he's been a successful working musician since the 70's and was only ever "homeless" for a short time IN CALIFORNIA!

He's got a great gimmick and is a decent entertainer but his real skill has been still pretending to be a hobo when he lives on a farm in Norfolk - oh hang on - I think I've argued against myself there!
So my son...... on 12:06 - Oct 26 with 1853 viewsRickyDicky

Remember John Otway (really free) ? Saw him a few months ago down this way, mad as a box of frogs, but so funny.

So my son...... on 13:35 - Oct 26 with 1807 viewsCroydonCaptJack

So my son...... on 09:01 - Oct 26 by RamseyR

Have seen Theatre of Hate and PIL this year....Dead Kennedys last year. Seen them all several times over last few years. All still superb. If they weren't still top notch I wouldn't go, as I can't stand bands just going through the motions.

Got Stiff Little Fingers booked for next year, but not seen them since about 1981 so that will be a new one

The 100 Club is a cracking venue.

I have seen all four of those bands mentioned there and I have to confess I didn't realise any of them were still going, let alone ALL of them!
So my son...... on 13:49 - Oct 26 with 1795 viewsHayesender

Loved Adam and the ants when I was a wee nipper. Actually, Dirk wears white sox was the first album I ever bought at some record shop in shepherd's Bush market.

Got tickets to see him at Hammersmith a couple of years ago now, where he did the entire Dirk wears white sox set, before turning into the dandy highway man.

He's as mad as a box of frogs, but he absolutely blew the crowd away that night. Superb

Poll: Shamima Beghum

So my son...... on 14:58 - Oct 26 with 1747 viewsBoston

So my son...... on 13:49 - Oct 26 by Hayesender

Loved Adam and the ants when I was a wee nipper. Actually, Dirk wears white sox was the first album I ever bought at some record shop in shepherd's Bush market.

Got tickets to see him at Hammersmith a couple of years ago now, where he did the entire Dirk wears white sox set, before turning into the dandy highway man.

He's as mad as a box of frogs, but he absolutely blew the crowd away that night. Superb

Still got an 'Ants' tat....but had Adams name covered over by other ink when he went Highwayman. Apart from that, there's not an artiste(s),mentioned above, barring the seasick bloke,that I have not seen, well been in the house when they were playing in the background anyway. Knew Kirk real well, as mentioned before, he once asked me to join Theatre of Hate after hearing me hum on the Piccadilly line, but still wouldn't really be motivated to go watch 'em now, just like to remember what we were rather than face reality I suppose.
Interested in the 100 Club mentions, never one of my fav spots but had many a night out that included getting showered in beer and spittle down the front of the stage. That old boy, Greek / Armenian, whatever, the owner, presume he's well passed on, anyone ever know him, jeez he must have had some stories!
[Post edited 26 Oct 2016 15:24]

So my son...... on 16:53 - Oct 26 with 1711 viewsMonahoop

So my son...... on 12:06 - Oct 26 by RickyDicky

Remember John Otway (really free) ? Saw him a few months ago down this way, mad as a box of frogs, but so funny.

Love John Otway. Saw him and Wild Willy Barrett years ago. Otway was always one of those fringe musicians at the time of punk and new wave. I was a big fan of him and Micky Jupp back in the day and still am. Otway has been often labled as the most famous unfamous British musician. Would love to see him again.

So my son...... on 17:01 - Oct 26 with 1701 viewsRickyDicky

So my son...... on 16:53 - Oct 26 by Monahoop

Love John Otway. Saw him and Wild Willy Barrett years ago. Otway was always one of those fringe musicians at the time of punk and new wave. I was a big fan of him and Micky Jupp back in the day and still am. Otway has been often labled as the most famous unfamous British musician. Would love to see him again.

Must be a gig close to you (if you're in the UK, of course !)

http://www.johnotway.com/mobilegigs.html

So my son...... on 17:08 - Oct 26 with 1694 viewsheadhoops

saw the Buzzcocks at Brixton last year - back to front with Devoto finishing the set, great night out. . UK subs are always good value even now.

Would love to see if Siouxsie and Banshees still have it.

Specials and Madness plus large amounts of lager always works.

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

So my son...... on 18:21 - Oct 26 with 1660 viewsHayesender

So my son...... on 17:08 - Oct 26 by headhoops

saw the Buzzcocks at Brixton last year - back to front with Devoto finishing the set, great night out. . UK subs are always good value even now.

Off to see Madness (again) next month at the House of fun weekender down in Minehead.

Nice quiet weekend

Poll: Shamima Beghum

So my son...... on 19:27 - Oct 26 with 1637 viewsCroydonCaptJack

So my son...... on 17:08 - Oct 26 by headhoops

Yes the Scream is a fantastic album.
So my son...... on 20:46 - Oct 26 with 1608 viewsBlackCrowe

Saw Dylan, Stones, Neil Young, McCartney, The Who and Rogers Waters (in that order) 3 weeks ago in US. It was a very very special weekend indeed.

Seeing Primal Scream in December for the first time in many years.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

So my son...... on 20:48 - Oct 26 with 1604 viewsBlackCrowe

Back to the OP....Gotta a break out in the ci-ty...top stuff.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

So my son...... on 21:28 - Oct 26 with 1584 viewsDrewster

So my son...... on 13:49 - Oct 26 by Hayesender

Got tickets for Adam Ant at the Roundhouse in 18th December. Last night of his Kings of the Wild Frontier tour.
Last night of the tour, in his home town, week before Christmas. What could possibly go wrong...

Also got tickets for Skids 40th anniversary also at the Roundhouse, next June
So my son...... on 21:40 - Oct 26 with 1576 viewsE17hoop

Just got an email telling me that Living Colour aren't supporting Glenn Hughes in November any more. Píssed off about that - they were my reason for going.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: When you go to QPR games, what do you think will happen?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024