Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jimmy sacked 21:15 - Nov 5 with 36218 viewsHollowayRanger

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11711/10647106/jimmy-floyd-hasselbaink-sa
[Post edited 5 Nov 2016 21:17]

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Jimmy sacked on 22:54 - Nov 5 with 2751 viewsHoop_Du_Jour

Jimmy sacked on 22:45 - Nov 5 by brad

hodgson anyone?

Just about the right level of useless cant to impress the interview board.
Jimmy sacked on 22:56 - Nov 5 with 2736 viewsBAWHoops

Jimmy sacked on 22:54 - Nov 5 by Hoop_Du_Jour

Just about the right level of useless cant to impress the interview board.

Not advocating Hodgson, but he's a very good manger who took Fulham to a Europa League Final. Established WBA in PL and has done fine work abroad.
Summer with England a shambles, but if he wanted it I'd be more than happy with him to come in. His track record speaks for itself

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Jimmy sacked on 22:57 - Nov 5 with 2730 viewsconnell10

Jimmy sacked on 22:21 - Nov 5 by Hoop_Du_Jour

Tactics Tim and Captain Bellend spring to mind.

Think he'll be a much better appointment than the last two, neither of which were actually managers at all. That's not to say Tim is either, but apparently tactics is his favourite subject. Whoop!

To be fair mate ive never made a name up for a manger , ive always thought of sherwood as a total bellend and when he gave that salute he became "captain bellend" . I think he would be a really bad appointment to boot!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Jimmy sacked on 22:58 - Nov 5 with 2711 viewsNortholt_Rs

Jimmy sacked on 22:16 - Nov 5 by Match82

Probably a good appointment. Would be an utter failure here, as we would have a repeat of the same set of supporters with single digit IQs who were against hasselbaink from the start due to his Chelsea connections.

He had to go - the football has been phucking awful under his watch. I mean DIRE. Boring shit dross. 17th in the league with a win ratio of 27%... Good riddance. Bloke was crap. End of.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Jimmy sacked on 23:00 - Nov 5 with 2679 viewsHoop_Du_Jour

Jimmy sacked on 22:57 - Nov 5 by connell10

To be fair mate ive never made a name up for a manger , ive always thought of sherwood as a total bellend and when he gave that salute he became "captain bellend" . I think he would be a really bad appointment to boot!

He's definitely a better appointment than the last two though, surely?
Jimmy sacked on 23:00 - Nov 5 with 2702 viewspaulparker

Jimmy sacked on 22:57 - Nov 5 by connell10

I actually think we may see sylla & Washington as our top 2 up top with Tim in charge

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Jimmy sacked on 23:02 - Nov 5 with 2686 viewsconnell10

Jimmy sacked on 23:00 - Nov 5 by Hoop_Du_Jour

He's definitely a better appointment than the last two though, surely?

Maybe mate but i just dont like the bloke and stop calling me surely!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Jimmy sacked on 23:06 - Nov 5 with 2642 viewsDannytheR

Be careful what you wish for time. (And I say that as someone who wanted Hasselbaink gone).

There's a decent Championship team in there somewhere, most of us can see that, but realistically he wasn't ever going to put the pieces together.

Michael O'Neill would be my choice.

I don't know why Hodgson would be such a bad idea. I'm no fan of the man, but he ballsed the England job up much less dramatically than MacLaren, who now appears to have a job for life managing play-off hopefuls in the Championship.

I'll be staggered if it's not Sherwood now though, which is a shame because if/when he goes down, he'll probably take Les with him. And the direction the club have been going in off the pitch has been the one genuinely cheering thing about us in a long, long time.

If it's Allardyce, someone can have me and my kid's seats until he's gone again.
[Post edited 5 Nov 2016 23:06]
Login to get fewer ads

Jimmy sacked on 23:06 - Nov 5 with 2640 viewsRs_Holy

Jimmy sacked on 22:47 - Nov 5 by Monahoop

That's right. Sack Sherwood before a ball is even kicked. I wouldn't let it get that far. I hope he's not appointed full stop. But it looks pretty likely he will get the job. What a bloody mess!

Agree... it's all good fun saying who we want as manager but we all know it is going to be Sherwood... January transfer window should be interesting.
Jimmy sacked on 23:07 - Nov 5 with 2635 viewsstevestrange

Well I've got to say, I never expected this !! Even though JFH hasn't produced much so far, this sacking goes completely against what the club has been saying since they sacked Ramsey. The club was asking for patience, need time to rebuild etc..... instead they pulled the rug from under JFH feet when it started to look like we wouldn't get into the play-off positions. Now i'm not saying I wanted JFH to stay(or go), but for godssakes if you're gonna give the manager time to build a new team, give him the time he needs. The fact of the matter is that Fernandes wants to get back into the Premiership and nothing else, he doesn't give a shit about who's managing the club or who the players are, it's Premiership football or nothing for him. Remember Ramsey ?? He was expected to get us promoted, despite the fact he had no experience and we had a team full wasters still playing for us. The look of Fernandes' face after the Brentford debacle said it all, JFH was done after that game.
So who to we get now ?? If Sherwood does come in, it's gonna be a poisoned chalice for Ferdinand because he will have his mate managing the club (supposedly with Ramsey as assistant) and if it goes tits up his position will be made untenable by the fans. I really don't want Sherwood in because he seems a bit of a w@nker to me and I don't want Pearson who's an even bigger w@nker than Sherwood, other than that anyone will do.
[Post edited 5 Nov 2016 23:10]
Jimmy sacked on 23:07 - Nov 5 with 2633 viewsactonman

Ok so who next,

Big Sam ? More chance of pep leaving city and plotting up in Ladbroke Grove
Ainsworth , love the bloke but no
Gigi, really, why not throw el tel's name back in the ring
Same old same old, where we know how it will end before it starts ,

Tim, jeezus wept, about as popular as John terry

The fact they got Ramsey in when redknap fcuked off and basically resigned from the premier league when they had ample opportunity to get pulis etc in beforehand scares the sh! T out of me so with that in mind I think we need someone with experience (in the warnock / Holloway mould) but more recent name
Jimmy sacked on 23:11 - Nov 5 with 2592 viewsbeanofire1

Jimmy sacked on 23:07 - Nov 5 by actonman

Ok so who next,

Big Sam ? More chance of pep leaving city and plotting up in Ladbroke Grove
Ainsworth , love the bloke but no
Gigi, really, why not throw el tel's name back in the ring
Same old same old, where we know how it will end before it starts ,

Tim, jeezus wept, about as popular as John terry

The fact they got Ramsey in when redknap fcuked off and basically resigned from the premier league when they had ample opportunity to get pulis etc in beforehand scares the sh! T out of me so with that in mind I think we need someone with experience (in the warnock / Holloway mould) but more recent name

Paul Clement. Should have been appointed in the first place and got Derby playing attacking football. Has an affinity with the club also.

'I knw I ain't doing much........but doing nothing means a lot to me.'

Jimmy sacked on 23:11 - Nov 5 with 2589 viewsbrad

Jimmy sacked on 22:48 - Nov 5 by PlanetHonneywood

Go to bed! 😀

not yet!!!
Jimmy sacked on 23:12 - Nov 5 with 2579 viewsHoop_Du_Jour

Jimmy sacked on 23:02 - Nov 5 by connell10

Maybe mate but i just dont like the bloke and stop calling me surely!

Haha!

Jimmy sacked on 23:13 - Nov 5 with 2575 viewsbaz_qpr

I wanted Paul Clement after Harry and I'd still want him. Proven coach did fairly well at Derby harshly sacked. One of our own and in the ethos of where the club is trying to move too. He'd get a good grace period too.

However I think it will be Sherwood 4-4-2 and an all in hand from Les knowing that good will will be very short in supply
Jimmy sacked on 23:15 - Nov 5 with 2554 viewsQPR_John

Jimmy sacked on 23:07 - Nov 5 by stevestrange

Well I've got to say, I never expected this !! Even though JFH hasn't produced much so far, this sacking goes completely against what the club has been saying since they sacked Ramsey. The club was asking for patience, need time to rebuild etc..... instead they pulled the rug from under JFH feet when it started to look like we wouldn't get into the play-off positions. Now i'm not saying I wanted JFH to stay(or go), but for godssakes if you're gonna give the manager time to build a new team, give him the time he needs. The fact of the matter is that Fernandes wants to get back into the Premiership and nothing else, he doesn't give a shit about who's managing the club or who the players are, it's Premiership football or nothing for him. Remember Ramsey ?? He was expected to get us promoted, despite the fact he had no experience and we had a team full wasters still playing for us. The look of Fernandes' face after the Brentford debacle said it all, JFH was done after that game.
So who to we get now ?? If Sherwood does come in, it's gonna be a poisoned chalice for Ferdinand because he will have his mate managing the club (supposedly with Ramsey as assistant) and if it goes tits up his position will be made untenable by the fans. I really don't want Sherwood in because he seems a bit of a w@nker to me and I don't want Pearson who's an even bigger w@nker than Sherwood, other than that anyone will do.
[Post edited 5 Nov 2016 23:10]

Don't see how the club had much choice. All very well talking about stability, patience etc but with that must come some kind of indication of moving in the right direction. We have seen nothing in the last year to suggest anything will change
Jimmy sacked on 23:16 - Nov 5 with 2550 viewssevenhoop

Jimmy sacked on 22:15 - Nov 5 by Northernr

I'd be absolutely amazed if there aren't people on here questioning whether the replacement should be sacked before the end of this season.

Maybe jfh was unlucky, coming in when he did but he simply had to give us more than he did. Came in, said high-tempo, pressing play but, apart from one or two performances, we saw nothing of that. So, no style of play that was his then. Formation? I have no clue what he preferred and none worked. Above all, almost every game he ever managed produced zero entertainment in an entertainment business. On the back of what we'd suffered before him, it's all been too much to take. I meet so many committed supporters (includin AA inherently positive onesy) who simply couldn't give a shit any more. Who, like me, shrug shoulders when we let in a goal or lose, instead of getting angry and/or upset. And surely that says it all: his tenure has finally sucked the lifeblood from too many.

And frankly I can't forgive him for getting rid of the biggest legend we've had in 40 years and a lad who gave everything he had for us. And, instead of Hill and Faurlin, we get Henry and Caulker.

We need someone who can galvanise whatever soul we have left in the club. A tall order, that's for sure
Jimmy sacked on 23:17 - Nov 5 with 2534 viewsToast_R

Captain Morgan

Always gives me the right result
Jimmy sacked on 23:20 - Nov 5 with 2499 viewsDougal_RBlock

Lets try and take some positives from the possible Tim Sherwood appointment......

Tim will know that IF he gets appointed that he will have to do a good job in order for his reputation (of what he has of it) to stand in good stead. If he does rubbish with us that will most likely be his last managerial position.
When he was at Tottenham he was very highly respected with his work behind the scenes.
I didn't think he did too bad when he was temp manager of Spurs and actually got an overpaid paid player who couldn't get in the team in Adebayor, scoring again.
At Villa he did alright for the initial period and then had a bad start in his full season with them, but I think he would have done a lot better than what Remi Garde did (not saying he would have kept them up, but they were dross under Garde).
Yes he salutes his players when they score, yes he wears a gullet.......
But he is a motivator, he takes every loss personally and doesn't stand for shite excuses.
If your looking for passion back into the team, he will bring that. He will be honest during interviews and will kick every ball on the touchline with the players.

What you would be hoping is that they can bring in an experienced #2 in with him rather than promoting Ramsey again.
Jimmy sacked on 23:40 - Nov 5 with 2360 viewsactonman

Jimmy sacked on 23:20 - Nov 5 by Dougal_RBlock

Lets try and take some positives from the possible Tim Sherwood appointment......

Tim will know that IF he gets appointed that he will have to do a good job in order for his reputation (of what he has of it) to stand in good stead. If he does rubbish with us that will most likely be his last managerial position.
When he was at Tottenham he was very highly respected with his work behind the scenes.
I didn't think he did too bad when he was temp manager of Spurs and actually got an overpaid paid player who couldn't get in the team in Adebayor, scoring again.
At Villa he did alright for the initial period and then had a bad start in his full season with them, but I think he would have done a lot better than what Remi Garde did (not saying he would have kept them up, but they were dross under Garde).
Yes he salutes his players when they score, yes he wears a gullet.......
But he is a motivator, he takes every loss personally and doesn't stand for shite excuses.
If your looking for passion back into the team, he will bring that. He will be honest during interviews and will kick every ball on the touchline with the players.

What you would be hoping is that they can bring in an experienced #2 in with him rather than promoting Ramsey again.

I'm no advocate of Timmy by a long shot but playing devils advocate , most don't like him cos he acts lke a but f a cnt ,

His antics on the sideline remind me of a certain cvnte in charge not too far away from us at the moment and they seem to be doing alright right now ( the utter bstards !!! )
Jimmy sacked on 23:44 - Nov 5 with 2338 viewsozexile

Clement or Robinson for me. If really undecided then get a caretaker till may.
Jimmy sacked on 23:44 - Nov 5 with 2337 viewsNorthernr

Jimmy sacked on 23:40 - Nov 5 by actonman

I'm no advocate of Timmy by a long shot but playing devils advocate , most don't like him cos he acts lke a but f a cnt ,

His antics on the sideline remind me of a certain cvnte in charge not too far away from us at the moment and they seem to be doing alright right now ( the utter bstards !!! )

Please tell me you're not comparing Tim Sherwood and Antonio Conte. I'm sending a man round with giant butterfly net to capture you if so.
Jimmy sacked on 23:46 - Nov 5 with 2318 viewsSimonJames

Jimmy sacked on 22:05 - Nov 5 by Northernr

Thank God for that. Five and half months respite on here before everybody wants the next poor bstrd sacked as well.

Still, there's always Brexit to keep you occupied I suppose.

Actually it will be 5 and a half nanoseconds before I want Tim Sherwood sacked.

100% of people who drink water will die.

Jimmy sacked on 23:52 - Nov 5 with 2289 viewsQPR_Donald

A decision that had to be made.
Gudolin would be my choice.
Michael O'Neill as a plan B
Jimmy sacked on 23:53 - Nov 5 with 2280 viewsSimonJames

Jimmy sacked on 23:46 - Nov 5 by SimonJames

Actually it will be 5 and a half nanoseconds before I want Tim Sherwood sacked.

Since Twitter seems to be TF's preferred method of communication, if you don't want Sherwood (or you have other suggestions) i t probably wouldn't hurt to go to https://twitter.com/QPRFC and express your opinion to @QPRFC @tonyfernandes #QPR

100% of people who drink water will die.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024