Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Onuoha spat with fan after final whistle 19:27 - Dec 18 with 11937 viewsPetros

At Ellerslie Rd stand. Can anyone shed light on this? Looked impassioned.
Onuoha spat with fan after final whistle on 19:29 - Dec 18 with 6742 viewsPunteR

Wasnt Willow was it?

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Onuoha spat with fan after final whistle on 19:37 - Dec 18 with 6670 viewsCheshireR

A guy about 10 rows back was giving him advise/abuse during most of the second half. The nature of which centred around Onouha's lack of communication to his team and perceived poor leadership.
These comments have been offered by the guy during several matches this year. They were not particularly vitriolic - so we were somewhat surprised that Onouha took such exception to them.
So much so that on full time our captain came over to find the guy - words were exchanged - and I think that Onouha gave him the captain's armband.
All very strange.
Onuoha spat with fan after final whistle on 19:40 - Dec 18 with 6637 viewsjohncharles

No idea but I did see Jamie have a go at someone.

Strong and stable my arse.

Onuoha spat with fan after final whistle on 19:42 - Dec 18 with 6618 viewsTacticalR

Onuoha spat with fan after final whistle on 19:37 - Dec 18 by CheshireR

A guy about 10 rows back was giving him advise/abuse during most of the second half. The nature of which centred around Onouha's lack of communication to his team and perceived poor leadership.
These comments have been offered by the guy during several matches this year. They were not particularly vitriolic - so we were somewhat surprised that Onouha took such exception to them.
So much so that on full time our captain came over to find the guy - words were exchanged - and I think that Onouha gave him the captain's armband.
All very strange.

So is the guy about 10 rows back now the captain?

Air hostess clique

Onuoha spat with fan after final whistle on 19:42 - Dec 18 with 6619 viewsHoop_Du_Jour

All very strange.

Onuoha exchanging words with another human?
Onuoha spat with fan after final whistle on 19:44 - Dec 18 with 6602 viewsPunteR

All very strange.

Pressure getting to him.?

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Onuoha spat with fan after final whistle on 20:11 - Dec 18 with 6489 viewsLowerloftLad

I have always backed Nedum but today was the final straw he is actually progressing backwards as a player and I agree is not a leader I would hand it to smithies before he is sold in January

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Onuoha spat with fan after final whistle on 20:18 - Dec 18 with 6451 viewsStanisgod

Onuoha spat with fan after final whistle on 19:42 - Dec 18 by TacticalR

To be fair him or Lynch might as well be.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Login to get fewer ads

Onuoha spat with fan after final whistle on 20:35 - Dec 18 with 6357 viewsWatford_Ranger

Lynch and Hall, the defender, in defence. A midfielder in midfield (not Sandro).

Onuoha is clearly a good bloke but he's not very good and isn't going to improve.
Onuoha spat with fan after final whistle on 21:29 - Dec 18 with 6154 viewsWilloW4

Onuoha spat with fan after final whistle on 19:29 - Dec 18 by PunteR

Wasnt Willow was it?

Not guilty mate..I was on my to the pub by then.
Onuoha spat with fan after final whistle on 21:31 - Dec 18 with 6140 viewsRangersDave

Ned in showing passion shocker!

Ned in communicating shocker!

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

(No subject) (n/t) on 22:28 - Dec 18 with 5919 viewsBrightonhoop

Onuoha spat with fan after final whistle on 21:29 - Dec 18 by WilloW4

Not guilty mate..I was on my to the pub by then.

Onuoha spat with fan after final whistle on 22:49 - Dec 18 with 5845 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Abusing your own team captain is like keying your own car.

Some supporters have short memories. I can't recall Nedum calling us tinpot while wearing the shirt.
Onuoha spat with fan after final whistle on 23:14 - Dec 18 with 5767 viewsLblock

He was terrible at right back under Hughes and I was a fierce critic.

Everyone told me he was a CB out of position.
He moved there and everyone was right and I was wrong -- couple of seasons ago he was superb

However, he's regressed and has been awful wherever he's played for 12 months now.
Captain? Do me a favour
His decision making is terrible, his reading of the game non existent and witht he ball at his feet he's like a juggler wearing boxing gloves.

I'm sure his previous good form was really down to playing alongside Clint or Dunne talking him through games.

Any bid of any size and ship him out!

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Onuoha spat with fan after final whistle on 23:26 - Dec 18 with 5717 viewsHollowayRanger

im sure he's a great bloke a lovely person

but he isn't a palmer a Rowland a derry a hill a captain

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Onuoha spat with fan after final whistle on 11:28 - Dec 19 with 5199 viewsTacticalR

Onuoha got a round of applause when he brought down a ball from an oppo goal kick on his thigh.

Air hostess clique

Onuoha spat with fan after final whistle on 11:51 - Dec 19 with 5121 viewsngbqpr

Again I suspect I'm in a tiny minority here as I was re the booing at Rotherham....but Ned has shown in the past he CAN be a good player...I don't think anyone can really question his effort...indeed in the slumps of form he's had with us he's never once hidden on the pitch...and he's now one of our longest serving players and, for all the $hit the club has been through, has NEVER moaned, demanded to leave, slagged the club off etc etc

I just find it a crying shame when a good pro like that gets slaughtered....much like Simon Barker, Mick Leach and others before him

By all means vent frustration in a pub or on a messageboard about whether he should be in the team...question whether he's the right fit for the captaincy...but screaming at him from 10 yards away at a match - does that really serve any useful purpose?

For better or worse, we currently now have for the most part a squad of journeymen who never quite made it at a higher level, lower league buys trying to find their feet a level or two up, academy graduates, and bargain basement foreign buys adapting to a whole new life...I can't think of anyone other than the two main keepers who doesn't really fit into one of those categories...

...yet the level of vitriol seems worse than it was for Bosingwa, Barton, SWP etc

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Onuoha spat with fan after final whistle on 11:57 - Dec 19 with 5093 viewsWatford_Ranger

Onuoha spat with fan after final whistle on 11:51 - Dec 19 by ngbqpr

Again I suspect I'm in a tiny minority here as I was re the booing at Rotherham....but Ned has shown in the past he CAN be a good player...I don't think anyone can really question his effort...indeed in the slumps of form he's had with us he's never once hidden on the pitch...and he's now one of our longest serving players and, for all the $hit the club has been through, has NEVER moaned, demanded to leave, slagged the club off etc etc

I just find it a crying shame when a good pro like that gets slaughtered....much like Simon Barker, Mick Leach and others before him

By all means vent frustration in a pub or on a messageboard about whether he should be in the team...question whether he's the right fit for the captaincy...but screaming at him from 10 yards away at a match - does that really serve any useful purpose?

For better or worse, we currently now have for the most part a squad of journeymen who never quite made it at a higher level, lower league buys trying to find their feet a level or two up, academy graduates, and bargain basement foreign buys adapting to a whole new life...I can't think of anyone other than the two main keepers who doesn't really fit into one of those categories...

...yet the level of vitriol seems worse than it was for Bosingwa, Barton, SWP etc

I think that era has worn people down and this lot are possibly getting more flak than they deserve.

As a fanbase it really doesn't take much to win us over I feel. Just have a go at the other team. At the moment the plan seems to be to hope Smithies and Chery both play out their skins and we nick a goal from an opposition mistake.
Onuoha spat with fan after final whistle on 12:01 - Dec 19 with 5078 viewsPinnerPaul

Onuoha spat with fan after final whistle on 19:42 - Dec 18 by TacticalR

Onuoha spat with fan after final whistle on 12:04 - Dec 19 with 5059 viewsPinnerPaul

Onuoha spat with fan after final whistle on 11:28 - Dec 19 by TacticalR

Onuoha got a round of applause when he brought down a ball from an oppo goal kick on his thigh.

Yeeeesssss, but hes a 2nd tier professional footballer, so not really a Messi moment.

You agree we need a tad more from him over 90 than one bit of good. not exceptional, control?
Onuoha spat with fan after final whistle on 12:26 - Dec 19 with 5000 viewsHunterhoop

Onuoha spat with fan after final whistle on 11:51 - Dec 19 by ngbqpr

Exactly.

There's a narrative being built up around him by some fans which is simply not true.

He had a much better game at centre half yesterday than Lynch (who kept getting turned by Kodija), yet, Onouha got far more stick.

I think a lot of the issue is expectation with Onouha. He's not as good as fans expected him to be. He hasn't improved as much as fans expected him to. He's not as good as he should be for what we're paying for him (even with the huge pay cut he took). As such, he get pelters.

But judge him as a centre half against our other options....I still think he's the best one.

The centre halves in the Newcastle debacle were Hall and Caulker.

Lynch was far worse on Sat.

Our last clean sheet was against Brizzle City when Onouha man marked Abrahams out of the game.

He's not as good as he should be, but he's still a decent centre half.

And this whole not talking thing is such utter nonsense. He was doing it a lot in the second half, particularly to Sylla. People I know in the paddocks say you can hear him from there often when the crowd is quite, reorganising the midfield. Shodipo called out his support in helping him develop his game. The players call him "Chief". He's constantly getting angry with refs, in their ear (sometimes getting bookings)....3 Managers in a row have made him their Captain.

But, nah, all of that doesn't fit the narrative. So, because he's not banging his chest or kissing the badge, he's not a leader. Could he be a better leader? Of course, but the stick he gets is do disproportionate to what he does.
Onuoha spat with fan after final whistle on 13:39 - Dec 19 with 4831 viewspaulparker

Onuoha spat with fan after final whistle on 12:26 - Dec 19 by Hunterhoop

Exactly.

There's a narrative being built up around him by some fans which is simply not true.

He had a much better game at centre half yesterday than Lynch (who kept getting turned by Kodija), yet, Onouha got far more stick.

I think a lot of the issue is expectation with Onouha. He's not as good as fans expected him to be. He hasn't improved as much as fans expected him to. He's not as good as he should be for what we're paying for him (even with the huge pay cut he took). As such, he get pelters.

But judge him as a centre half against our other options....I still think he's the best one.

The centre halves in the Newcastle debacle were Hall and Caulker.

Lynch was far worse on Sat.

Our last clean sheet was against Brizzle City when Onouha man marked Abrahams out of the game.

He's not as good as he should be, but he's still a decent centre half.

And this whole not talking thing is such utter nonsense. He was doing it a lot in the second half, particularly to Sylla. People I know in the paddocks say you can hear him from there often when the crowd is quite, reorganising the midfield. Shodipo called out his support in helping him develop his game. The players call him "Chief". He's constantly getting angry with refs, in their ear (sometimes getting bookings)....3 Managers in a row have made him their Captain.

But, nah, all of that doesn't fit the narrative. So, because he's not banging his chest or kissing the badge, he's not a leader. Could he be a better leader? Of course, but the stick he gets is do disproportionate to what he does.

We really are clutching at straws here Hunter
the bloke was signed for big money was on 60k a week and was an ex international
of course expectation is high, he has all the attributes to be a good CB but has no football brain at all , with zero positional sense, he should be bossing this league but is looking average as each game passes
he shouldn't be captain because he shouldn't even be in the first team , an awful player who is going through the motions

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Onuoha spat with fan after final whistle on 13:45 - Dec 19 with 4802 viewsLongsufferingR

Onuoha spat with fan after final whistle on 13:39 - Dec 19 by paulparker

the bloke was signed for big money was on 60k a week and was an ex international
of course expectation is high, he has all the attributes to be a good CB but has no football brain at all , with zero positional sense, he should be bossing this league but is looking average as each game passes
he shouldn't be captain because he shouldn't even be in the first team , an awful player who is going through the motions

After "expectation is high" the rest is absolute and utter nonsense. A post typical of somebody who is using exaggeration to try and convince others their opinion is the truth.
Onuoha spat with fan after final whistle on 13:55 - Dec 19 with 4766 viewspaulparker

Onuoha spat with fan after final whistle on 13:45 - Dec 19 by LongsufferingR

After "expectation is high" the rest is absolute and utter nonsense. A post typical of somebody who is using exaggeration to try and convince others their opinion is the truth.

its my opinion its what a message board is for , you either agree or you don't, simple
just by going this year and seeing with my own eyes Onuoha has been poor all year and an even poorer captain

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Onuoha spat with fan after final whistle on 14:25 - Dec 19 with 4686 viewscalHoop

Onuoha spat with fan after final whistle on 13:39 - Dec 19 by paulparker

Why should he be bossing games? Because of how much we pay him or his transfer fee? He's done nothing in my eyes to give me any confidence. He's a 6-6.5 out of 10 player. Our expectations of this rabble are far too high. Not one outfield player there yesterday has done anything for us, or another team, to give us anything other than very average to low expectations.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024