Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ollie talks after game 16:22 - Dec 27 with 12859 viewsbosh67

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/teams/brighton-and-hove-alb

Interesting that we have two players in that starting 11 who can't speak enough English. I am sure the club must be addressing this but with what the club has and what the players earn, surely intensive English lessons can't be beyond the realms of achievement?

Ollie is down in this, but not out. He's right, we do need a bit of luck, but overall the players need to be a bit tougher out there and help themselves through this as well.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Ollie talks after game on 17:40 - Dec 27 with 2713 viewsBrixtonR

Ollie talks after game on 16:57 - Dec 27 by HollowayRanger

get on with BREXIT and KICK the lot of them out ,lets see who has the best team then

Yeah get rid of them all., I mean some of the CNTS may not have ever read a book.
Ollie talks after game on 17:46 - Dec 27 with 2689 viewsBrightonhoop

Not sure what he can say really. Besides which he needs to do his talking on the itch and some of them layers need a rocket, screwing up throw ins to concede possession leading to a goal. He needs to get a bit Mr Nasty.
Ollie talks after game on 17:53 - Dec 27 with 2672 viewsAitch

It's the start of the new manager spin campaign. Haven't got enough of the right sort/quality/grafters/proven at this level/etc, etc. Olly's a past master at this tactic in an attempt to pry the Chairmans wallet open at the next transfer window. What happened to coaches actually coaching what they have? Mind you, I'd be surprised if any of our imported players understand Ollys Brizzle accent.

TPFKA Stans_Left_Foot

Ollie talks after game on 17:55 - Dec 27 with 2661 viewsToast_R

Theyll be fine next season in League 1
Ollie talks after game on 18:00 - Dec 27 with 2641 viewsstowmarketrange

Ollie talks after game on 17:53 - Dec 27 by Aitch

It's the start of the new manager spin campaign. Haven't got enough of the right sort/quality/grafters/proven at this level/etc, etc. Olly's a past master at this tactic in an attempt to pry the Chairmans wallet open at the next transfer window. What happened to coaches actually coaching what they have? Mind you, I'd be surprised if any of our imported players understand Ollys Brizzle accent.

It's something we don't seem to have tried at all since we got money.If a player isn't a world beater within a month we've shipped them out and got a replacement.Or left them in the reserves until their contracts run out.
Delaney and puncheon seem to be doing ok in the Premier league but we got rid of them for not being up to our standard.
Ollie talks after game on 18:09 - Dec 27 with 2585 viewsGloucs_R

I started a thread which talked about replacing JFH. I also said within that thread that I didnt think we should at the time we chose because there was nobody to replace him available at the time.

With Ollie, a lot of people said they didnt think it was a good decision but would back him as he is one of us with the hope it wouldnt end in disaster.

But feck me, what do we do now?

Sack Ollie?
Keep Ollie?
Invest in players?
Stick with what we have?

Personally, I think he has to go out and get a really experienced number 2 - like he had with Jackett.

I think he needs a shake up of the squad. 3/4 out and 3/4 in. But we need some solid Championship players, old bruisers who know this league and can help out the younger lads.

Also think Bidwell, Lynch, Cousins all need to step up to the mark and show the others what they can do in the Championship. Lead by example. 3 really solid players there, we need another 3/4 like it.

Finally, I dont think a bunch of loan kids will help at all.

If all else fails, then we'll be a top 6 Div 1 team next season (maybe!!)

Poll: Are we staying up?

Ollie talks after game on 18:09 - Dec 27 with 2585 viewsDejR_vu

Ollie talks after game on 17:55 - Dec 27 by Toast_R

Theyll be fine next season in League 1

Not so sure, think we will keep going.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Ollie talks after game on 18:10 - Dec 27 with 2583 viewsBostonR

Ollie talks after game on 17:09 - Dec 27 by Northernr

I'm not saying it's not difficult to integrate European players into a Championship side. They're cheap for a reason, the Championship is tough, it takes even the best foreigners a long time to settle into the English game etc. Agree with all of that. But this idea that because Sylla and Wzsolek don't speak English (Yeni, Borys and the others do) and that's a big problem I'm not buying.

Holloway obviously does not rate them and I suspect they will be two players who may be warming the bench once he gets his hands on some new toys. He should start by getting the back four sorted and teaching the bulk of the players how to cross a ball. An easy task for any decent coach.
Login to get fewer ads

Ollie talks after game on 18:13 - Dec 27 with 2563 viewsconnell10

I honestly don't think the players can understand what he is saying. Maybe Ollie needs English lessons nog the players.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Ollie talks after game on 18:13 - Dec 27 with 2561 viewsWestbourneR

Ollie talks after game on 16:37 - Dec 27 by Northernr

I'm not having this. Chelsea have won 12 straight matches with one English player in their team. English players are fewer and further between in most Premier League sides now. We're seeing teams doing just fine made up of a dozen internationals or more - look at bloody Watford for goodness sake. We shouldn't be struggling to integrate one Pole and one French bloke.

Again spot on. It's dark ages claptrap to claim it matters as much as he's says. Wasn't a problem before Ollie and shouldn't be now.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Ollie talks after game on 18:16 - Dec 27 with 2546 viewsNoDiddley

Ollie talks after game on 17:22 - Dec 27 by stowmarketrange

I do work with 10-15 people who don't speak English.They have one of their countrymen working in the transport office to translate the instructions to them.
We all work together but we aren't really a team.

I work in a 'distribution' type industry. I wan't our transport office to phone a driver & get him to go somewhere. Answer "No good doing that he can't speak English" Still got his weeks wages though.
Ollie talks after game on 18:19 - Dec 27 with 2528 viewskitkev

Ollie talks after game on 18:09 - Dec 27 by DejR_vu

Not so sure, think we will keep going.

League 1 is now getting as competive as the championship and is not a given coming down will put you in the driving seat to come back up.
Ollie talks after game on 18:20 - Dec 27 with 2527 viewsrsonist

Said this before but Ollie is clearly a man of extremes, and we should know very well by now that the flipside to the breathless rhapsody when he came in is this sort of dismissive petulance. Even if it was a valid point making it in public is totally unnecessary.

It is literally his entire job to find ways to communicate with his players - has he really just been barking at the two foreign lads in English every day for the past six weeks?
Ollie talks after game on 19:06 - Dec 27 with 2412 viewsNoDiddley

Ollie talks after game on 18:19 - Dec 27 by kitkev

League 1 is now getting as competive as the championship and is not a given coming down will put you in the driving seat to come back up.

Jog on to you're own message board.............They are surely words of wisdom
Ollie talks after game on 19:12 - Dec 27 with 2390 viewsdaveB

Ollie talks after game on 17:26 - Dec 27 by dolcelatte

Can anyone name 1 player who has actually showed some sign of improvement under IH?

he's had 7 games and just over a month in charge, unless he has a magic wand then he's not going to improve much in that time
Ollie talks after game on 19:13 - Dec 27 with 2203 viewsGloryHunter

Ollie talks after game on 17:12 - Dec 27 by Northernr

Do me a favour, we've got two non-English speakers.

And it's not as if they have trouble understanding the captain, because he doesn't say anything anyway.
Ollie talks after game on 19:19 - Dec 27 with 2174 viewsSkeppsdal

Ollie talks after game on 16:56 - Dec 27 by R_from_afar

The sort of things that need to be communicated are very simple things and also the sort of things that experienced footballers should be expecting to hear.

It's not as if they are listening out for detailed instructions on how to safely decommission a nuclear reactor. It's stuff like "mark the runner".

RFA

or "John the jogger"
Ollie talks after game on 19:21 - Dec 27 with 2166 viewsdaveB

watched the interview on QPR player and he mentioned that it's hard to fir in Sylla and Wsozleck as they din't speak english but they both did very well and he praised them both.

From what he said I'd expect to see a change to the tactics on saturday but god knows who plays in defence now Lynch is out with a broken rib, Caulker is injured and Ned is suspended
Ollie talks after game on 19:22 - Dec 27 with 2156 viewsdolcelatte

Ollie talks after game on 19:12 - Dec 27 by daveB

he's had 7 games and just over a month in charge, unless he has a magic wand then he's not going to improve much in that time

For a man who is supposed to be such a motivational speaker then you should see improvement in some areas. We are absolutely toothless and getting worse. How we were the better side for 30 minutes according to some (not you Dave) is beyond me, pony doesn't even come close to describing us at the moment.

Poll: Are you sick of people asking if you are sick of polls?

Ollie talks after game on 19:22 - Dec 27 with 2151 viewskensalriser

I'm confused.

Before, the problem was JFH. Now, it's the players.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Ollie talks after game on 19:24 - Dec 27 with 2133 views2Thomas2Bowles

Ollie talks after game on 19:22 - Dec 27 by kensalriser

I'm confused.

Before, the problem was JFH. Now, it's the players.

Well they are his and LF's players

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Ollie talks after game on 19:35 - Dec 27 with 2105 viewsBrightonhoop

I thought the players got forwards on the wings and got crosses in today alot better, what we've all cried out for.
A bit of brass neck against the Divisions best, who are terrible, it was like a bonus practice game.
Weren't Albion terrible?
When we went up we slaughtered this Division,. Albion will never.
They are an also ran history foot note.
Haven't bothered with streams lately but was pleasantly surprised. Getting down the wing and pinging in crosses.
Albion were the most cynical, attrocious and poor side we have played all season. Awful. IF they make it up will be straight back own anyway, dreadful rotten Club despite everything they learned fck all. Ripe pickings for assett strippers. And sh1t at football, as usual.
Ollie talks after game on 19:44 - Dec 27 with 2073 viewsBluce_Ree

"People think I'm going to get sacked in the morning… well that's nice isn't it? Why don't you sing something better and something different?" said Holloway, whose Crystal Palace side beat Brighton in the 2013 Championship play-offs.

"I didn't mean to beat you in the play-offs. It wasn't my fault was it? Why don't you show me some respect."

The bloke's a clown.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Ollie talks after game on 19:46 - Dec 27 with 2063 viewseghamranger

Bob Bradley anyone?
Ollie talks after game on 19:48 - Dec 27 with 2057 viewsbaz_qpr

Ollie talks after game on 17:12 - Dec 27 by Northernr

Do me a favour, we've got two non-English speakers.

Dressing room well and truly lost
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024