Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rotherham Striker - Bid 14:02 - Jan 16 with 8855 viewsGloucs_R

http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/qpr-bid-ward-luke-freeman-bristol-city-talks

Know nothing about him??

Poll: Are we staying up?

Rotherham Striker - Bid on 14:07 - Jan 16 with 6165 viewsLongsufferingR

They mentioned on that Channel 5 highlights show that a number of clubs are interested. If that's the case, I'm not surprised they turned down £1.2m
Rotherham Striker - Bid on 14:23 - Jan 16 with 6073 viewsNorthernr

Ipswich thought they had him tied up but now believe we're the front runners. £1.6m was the fee I heard quoted. Was superb against us in the Rotherham game this season and is bessie mates with Smithies apparently.
Rotherham Striker - Bid on 14:26 - Jan 16 with 6041 viewspaulparker

Lyle taylor OR Bradley Dack would do for me up top

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Rotherham Striker - Bid on 14:33 - Jan 16 with 5984 viewssimmo

Rotherham Striker - Bid on 14:26 - Jan 16 by paulparker

Lyle taylor OR Bradley Dack would do for me up top

I love Dack but he's not really an out and out forward and I reckon he'd cost more than we have to spend. Really surprised nobody else has had a punt though, he was one of the only ones from the best of league 1 last year that didn't get picked up.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Rotherham Striker - Bid on 14:39 - Jan 16 with 5937 viewsrsonist

Ward always talented but lazy and fat while he was at Huddersfield supposedly. Got his act together since.

Could be good but not sure I'd offer more than what we already have done.
Rotherham Striker - Bid on 14:46 - Jan 16 with 5882 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Rotherham Striker - Bid on 14:23 - Jan 16 by Northernr

Ipswich thought they had him tied up but now believe we're the front runners. £1.6m was the fee I heard quoted. Was superb against us in the Rotherham game this season and is bessie mates with Smithies apparently.

Huddersfield Les again.
Rotherham Striker - Bid on 14:49 - Jan 16 with 5857 viewsNorthernr

Rotherham Striker - Bid on 14:39 - Jan 16 by rsonist

Ward always talented but lazy and fat while he was at Huddersfield supposedly. Got his act together since.

Could be good but not sure I'd offer more than what we already have done.

10 goals in the worst team in the division not to be sniffed at. Our top scorer has 6.
Rotherham Striker - Bid on 16:01 - Jan 16 with 5560 viewskensalriser

Not good enough for QPR.*

*In the entire history of the club no more than a dozen players ever have been.
[Post edited 16 Jan 2017 16:01]

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Login to get fewer ads

Rotherham Striker - Bid on 16:06 - Jan 16 with 5516 viewsLblock

I recall when the Millers came to us a while back they had a big fella playing up front who caught the eye and I thought would be a player in the future

I think his name was Clarke but may have been double barreled
Sure he scored against us that day against the run of play while we were 2 up and coasting and we then wobbled like a jelly on rollacoaster????

I'm surprised we're bidding money for anyone if I'm honest

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Rotherham Striker - Bid on 16:13 - Jan 16 with 5474 viewsNorthernr

Rotherham Striker - Bid on 16:06 - Jan 16 by Lblock

I recall when the Millers came to us a while back they had a big fella playing up front who caught the eye and I thought would be a player in the future

Sure he scored against us that day against the run of play while we were 2 up and coasting and we then wobbled like a jelly on rollacoaster????

well in theory we've just brought in several million for Polter and chery, so bank some of that, reinvest it in the next player we might be able to sell. Evil Les' evil way.
Rotherham Striker - Bid on 16:19 - Jan 16 with 5428 viewsenfieldargh

Johnson Clarke-Harris, three footballers for the price of one

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Rotherham Striker - Bid on 16:19 - Jan 16 with 5428 viewsstevenagehoop

Allegedly two higher bids from other clubs already turned down - are we really that interested?

I never lie but I don't always tell the truth

Rotherham Striker - Bid on 16:22 - Jan 16 with 5402 viewsrunningman75

Judging by his tattoo sleeves does he go to the same tattooist as Charlie Austin?
Rotherham Striker - Bid on 16:32 - Jan 16 with 5331 viewsfrancisbowles

A 6ft centre forward who scores goals in the championship! Sounds like he is worth a punt if the deal is ok.

Looked him up on soccerbase and am puzzled as to why he only got 2 in about the last 10/11 games of last season when they were winning six and drawing 2 or 3. Was Warnock using him in a different role e.g target man laying off the ball for others?
Rotherham Striker - Bid on 17:32 - Jan 16 with 5105 viewsRBlock

Rotherham Striker - Bid on 14:23 - Jan 16 by Northernr

Worth that just to keep Smithies happy
Rotherham Striker - Bid on 17:57 - Jan 16 with 5023 viewsdaveB

I've read on social media that he's shit so am more than happy to boo him from day one
Rotherham Striker - Bid on 18:20 - Jan 16 with 4940 viewsWadR

Remember him scoring a cracker of a goal. Did his ACL earlier this season I think so presumably out until at least the summer.
Rotherham Striker - Bid on 19:48 - Jan 16 with 4630 viewsjohncharles

Rotherham Striker - Bid on 17:57 - Jan 16 by daveB

I've read on social media that he's shit so am more than happy to boo him from day one

That's the spirit

Strong and stable my arse.

Rotherham Striker - Bid on 19:51 - Jan 16 with 4611 viewsNorthernr

Rotherham Striker - Bid on 17:57 - Jan 16 by daveB

Saw that thread and your involvement - one of the posters used to be on here winding people up similarly.

The fact is his stats don't look great, but they may be misleading in this case. if he has indeed turned his career around, knuckled down, lost weight (he clearly has, look at the pics of him at Hudds compared to now) then his stats prior to the rotherham move may be pretty irrelevent. Ten goals in a crap side this year, four more than any of ours.
Rotherham Striker - Bid on 19:52 - Jan 16 with 4605 viewstimcocking

What i will say, it p!sses me off to see us losing out on players for a 100k here or there when that's basically the equivalent of 10 quid to our owners.

I understand balancing the books and not being held hostage etc, but 100K here or there, ffs pay it and damn their impudence...

Let us not forget TF spent 3 million quid on watches at christmas.
[Post edited 16 Jan 2017 19:52]
Rotherham Striker - Bid on 19:55 - Jan 16 with 4582 viewsNorthernr

Rotherham Striker - Bid on 19:52 - Jan 16 by timcocking

What i will say, it p!sses me off to see us losing out on players for a 100k here or there when that's basically the equivalent of 10 quid to our owners.

I understand balancing the books and not being held hostage etc, but 100K here or there, ffs pay it and damn their impudence...

Let us not forget TF spent 3 million quid on watches at christmas.
[Post edited 16 Jan 2017 19:52]

FFP. Just because the owners can afford it doesn't mean that we can. Fernandes could probably afford to buy us a £20m striker if he wanted to, but it would breach FFP, then we'd have a transfer embargo until we sold £20m striker and just about everybody else until we complied again.
Rotherham Striker - Bid on 21:07 - Jan 16 with 4395 viewsdanehoop

Add to that how much has already been spent by the most generous but naive owners with minimal sustained long term success, you can possibly understand why they are somewhat reluctant to make large additional investments. Irrespective of what others might perceive about the relative cost, its still their money not ours.

Never knowingly understood

Rotherham Striker - Bid on 21:25 - Jan 16 with 4298 viewsstevenagehoop

Rotherham Striker - Bid on 19:55 - Jan 16 by Northernr

FFP. Just because the owners can afford it doesn't mean that we can. Fernandes could probably afford to buy us a £20m striker if he wanted to, but it would breach FFP, then we'd have a transfer embargo until we sold £20m striker and just about everybody else until we complied again.

Agreed but if what has been reported is true that they had already turned down two higher bids for the player what game are we playing in putting in our lower one to then be considering putting in a second higher one.
No one is suggesting going back to the days of overpriced wasters but we should be making realistic offers if we really do wish to sign the player. If we know we aren't going to pay what is a reasonable amount we shouldn't be going in with offers of this kind.

I never lie but I don't always tell the truth

Rotherham Striker - Bid on 21:30 - Jan 16 with 4272 viewsGloucs_R

Rotherham Striker - Bid on 19:55 - Jan 16 by Northernr

Sold the striker we paid £20m for..... For £4m you mean??? 😏
[Post edited 16 Jan 2017 21:37]

Poll: Are we staying up?

Rotherham Striker - Bid on 21:32 - Jan 16 with 4260 viewsLblock

Rotherham Striker - Bid on 21:25 - Jan 16 by stevenagehoop

Agreed but if what has been reported is true that they had already turned down two higher bids for the player what game are we playing in putting in our lower one to then be considering putting in a second higher one.
No one is suggesting going back to the days of overpriced wasters but we should be making realistic offers if we really do wish to sign the player. If we know we aren't going to pay what is a reasonable amount we shouldn't be going in with offers of this kind.

Different ways to approach transfers

Higher personal terms
Bigger signing on fee
Fee plus player

I know nothing about this lad but if we're being asked to pay than we want and we refuse then fair play

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024