Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
SkyGo and Catch Up TV when abroad? 14:00 - Feb 2 with 3907 viewshoof_hearted

I know about FilmOn for normal TV but I just wondered if anyone had found a way to watch SkyGo and Catch Up TV in Spain now that they have rumbled Hola and most other common VPN's.

SkyGo and Catch Up TV when abroad? on 18:54 - Feb 2 with 3839 viewsM40R

When in Lisbon last summer we tried loads of VPNs / proxies and failed all the time so I'd be interested in any solutions out there.

I've often wondered if leaving your PC on at home (no sleeping or hibernation) and then using a remote desktop connection app from abroad might work, as you are merely taking over the home PC, which will always have the UK ip address. Not sure if video streaming would be smooth enough though.
SkyGo and Catch Up TV when abroad? on 19:04 - Feb 2 with 3825 viewsdennisbailey92

I use HMA (Hide my Ass) it costs about £6 per month so well worth it if you travel a lot.

I used it last week so it's not a VPN that sky have picked up on yet. It's no good for BT sport so you won't be able to hear Micheal Owen commentary....result all round!
SkyGo and Catch Up TV when abroad? on 19:26 - Feb 2 with 3806 viewsDWQPR

If you want it for sport then download an app called Live Media. You can find pretty much any PL game that is being played plus cup games and any televised Championship game.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

SkyGo and Catch Up TV when abroad? on 11:32 - Feb 3 with 3704 viewshoof_hearted

More research carried out...

VPN's are the only way to go (remote desktop access is too slow for any enjoyable TV usage - I've tried it)

Looks like HMA tries very hard to stay one step ahead but you have to keep up to date and clear your cookies and cache before using it so that other information leaking out of your computer doesn't give the game away. It is £7.99 a month and it can be cancelled instantly and renewed again when needed. 30 day money back guarantee so I'll give it a go and report back in case anyone gives a flying f'ck. Or I'll read a book instead but often my vision goes a bit blurry out there late at night
SkyGo and Catch Up TV when abroad? on 11:55 - Feb 3 with 3687 viewssevenhoop

SkyGo and Catch Up TV when abroad? on 11:32 - Feb 3 by hoof_hearted

More research carried out...

VPN's are the only way to go (remote desktop access is too slow for any enjoyable TV usage - I've tried it)

Looks like HMA tries very hard to stay one step ahead but you have to keep up to date and clear your cookies and cache before using it so that other information leaking out of your computer doesn't give the game away. It is £7.99 a month and it can be cancelled instantly and renewed again when needed. 30 day money back guarantee so I'll give it a go and report back in case anyone gives a flying f'ck. Or I'll read a book instead but often my vision goes a bit blurry out there late at night

downloaded (have to pay for it and cant remember how much) Tunnel Bear, which works perfectly as long as you have good wi-fi
SkyGo and Catch Up TV when abroad? on 12:12 - Feb 3 with 3671 viewshoof_hearted

I'll save that as a reserve. HMA is connected to AVG which gives me a degree of reassurance that photos of me on the beach in my leopard skin posing pouch won't get into the wrong hands. I'd end up as a meme "ugly fat bird topless on beach" (it's cold in Spain in February )
SkyGo and Catch Up TV when abroad? on 20:48 - Feb 3 with 3593 viewsBrightonhoop

SkyGo and Catch Up TV when abroad? on 12:12 - Feb 3 by hoof_hearted

I'll save that as a reserve. HMA is connected to AVG which gives me a degree of reassurance that photos of me on the beach in my leopard skin posing pouch won't get into the wrong hands. I'd end up as a meme "ugly fat bird topless on beach" (it's cold in Spain in February )

Hola is still working for me on catch up, though rarely use it. Filmon just about hanging on in there.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024