Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Best Performance By A Player You Have Seen 17:49 - Feb 23 with 6337 viewsBrianMcCarthy

In Clive's preview of Saturday's game, he went back to the 2-2 draw at Deepdale where Adel was given a 9.

So that got me thinking - what's the best display you've ever seen by a Rangers player.

I think mine is Clive Wilson away to Everton in Nov '93. Bradley Allen got a hat-trick, the papers gave Super Ray MOTM for being Super Ray but Wilson was out of this world at left back, left mid and left wing all at once.

My Word.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Best Performance By A Player You Have Seen on 17:57 - Feb 23 with 4390 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

I have a really weird one.

Richard Langley v Chesterfield at home it ended 0-0 and we were poor but he just shone. Never got a goal or a assist but everything went through him and he pretty much looked like the only professional footballer on the pitch.

My mind has probably exaggerated his contribution over the years.

Would love it if Clive could dig out his report for that one!
Best Performance By A Player You Have Seen on 18:06 - Feb 23 with 4366 viewsCamberleyR

No contest. Mark Kennedy in our unexpected 5-0 demolition of table topping Middlesbrough in early 1998. As perfect a display of wing play you could hope to see.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Best Performance By A Player You Have Seen on 18:07 - Feb 23 with 4359 viewsArgyBargy1982

Brian - can I put forward an opposition player. I'd go for Roy Keane playing for Forest in The Bush in 1994(?). He was playing out of position at centre half against a rampaging Les. Rangers were great; Forest weren't. We won 5-3 and Les got a hat-trick, but it would have been many, many more without Keane.
Best Performance By A Player You Have Seen on 18:17 - Feb 23 with 4333 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Best Performance By A Player You Have Seen on 18:07 - Feb 23 by ArgyBargy1982

Brian - can I put forward an opposition player. I'd go for Roy Keane playing for Forest in The Bush in 1994(?). He was playing out of position at centre half against a rampaging Les. Rangers were great; Forest weren't. We won 5-3 and Les got a hat-trick, but it would have been many, many more without Keane.

I remember the game. Met Keane after for pints actually through a workmate who grew up with him. As lunatics go, he's a very nice fella.

He definitely played very well in that game, but that's for another thread! I have my answer for that thread, too. I think!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Best Performance By A Player You Have Seen on 18:24 - Feb 23 with 4306 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Best Performance By A Player You Have Seen on 18:17 - Feb 23 by BrianMcCarthy

I remember the game. Met Keane after for pints actually through a workmate who grew up with him. As lunatics go, he's a very nice fella.

He definitely played very well in that game, but that's for another thread! I have my answer for that thread, too. I think!

I imagine any drink with Keane being similar to having a drink with Begbie from Trainspotting.
[Post edited 23 Feb 2017 18:24]
Best Performance By A Player You Have Seen on 18:31 - Feb 23 with 4288 viewsFDC

Taarabt v Swansea on Boxing Day immediately springs to mind.
Best Performance By A Player You Have Seen on 18:34 - Feb 23 with 4274 viewsdavman

Best Performance By A Player You Have Seen on 17:57 - Feb 23 by BazzaInTheLoft

I have a really weird one.

Richard Langley v Chesterfield at home it ended 0-0 and we were poor but he just shone. Never got a goal or a assist but everything went through him and he pretty much looked like the only professional footballer on the pitch.

My mind has probably exaggerated his contribution over the years.

Would love it if Clive could dig out his report for that one!

I have an even weirder one.,.

Georges Santos (REALLY) v Crewe (a) back in the third tier days.

Everything he tried came off that day - fantastic in a 2-0 win.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Best Performance By A Player You Have Seen on 18:38 - Feb 23 with 4263 viewsNov77

Saw Clive Allen's debut hat trick.
For sheer excitement wegerles home debut was special.

At his best, Les was unplayable. Beat them for pace, beat them in the air, beat them with sheer power.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Login to get fewer ads

Best Performance By A Player You Have Seen on 18:39 - Feb 23 with 4260 viewsloftus77

Best Performance By A Player You Have Seen on 18:17 - Feb 23 by BrianMcCarthy

Remember it well - but I don't remember a 5th Rangers goal....?? That came at Goodison a few days later.
Best Performance By A Player You Have Seen on 18:41 - Feb 23 with 4253 viewsloftus77

To answer the OP, I'd always go for Bobby Hazell on Cyril Regis ..Highbury...1982
Best Performance By A Player You Have Seen on 18:41 - Feb 23 with 4249 viewsCamberleyR

Best Performance By A Player You Have Seen on 18:39 - Feb 23 by loftus77

Remember it well - but I don't remember a 5th Rangers goal....?? That came at Goodison a few days later.

Yeah, 4-3 after being 3-2 down IIRC.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Best Performance By A Player You Have Seen on 18:48 - Feb 23 with 4223 viewsmcqpr10

Lua Lua for Colchester in the cup the year we got relegated to league 1. Tore Matt rose apart
Best Performance By A Player You Have Seen on 18:55 - Feb 23 with 4203 viewsMedwayR

The only one that springs to mind for me was Faurlin vs Man City at home when we lost 3-2. He was up against the likes of Toure & Silva but was a cut above everyone that night.

Poll: Who’s better?

Best Performance By A Player You Have Seen on 18:58 - Feb 23 with 4196 viewsBucksRanger

Rodney Marsh against Birmingham back when I was young.

Best Performance By A Player You Have Seen on 19:00 - Feb 23 with 4195 viewsTHEBUSH

Gerry Francis in so many games, hard to pick only one game out.
Best Performance By A Player You Have Seen on 19:18 - Feb 23 with 4146 viewsFredManRave

Best Performance By A Player You Have Seen on 18:06 - Feb 23 by CamberleyR

No contest. Mark Kennedy in our unexpected 5-0 demolition of table topping Middlesbrough in early 1998. As perfect a display of wing play you could hope to see.

Agreed. 'twas breathtaking but then was it not so stand out because of what we'd been used to over recent seasons and the players around him in that particular game. Easier to shine and stand out?!

FYI, SunBet are sponsoring this thread and I've just got 8-1 that Pommy will be on linking the video of Taarabt in the Chelski game. Lump on...

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Best Performance By A Player You Have Seen on 19:32 - Feb 23 with 4110 viewswelwynranger

Best Performance By A Player You Have Seen on 19:00 - Feb 23 by THEBUSH

Gerry Francis in so many games, hard to pick only one game out.

Stan Bowles with both goals in a 2 nil win at White Hart Lane. He tormented them all afternoon
Best Performance By A Player You Have Seen on 19:43 - Feb 23 with 4075 viewsNoDiddley

Best Performance By A Player You Have Seen on 18:31 - Feb 23 by FDC

Taarabt v Swansea on Boxing Day immediately springs to mind.

Seconded & I've been going since the 60s!
Best Performance By A Player You Have Seen on 19:48 - Feb 23 with 4064 viewsTripleR

Best Performance By A Player You Have Seen on 18:55 - Feb 23 by MedwayR

The only one that springs to mind for me was Faurlin vs Man City at home when we lost 3-2. He was up against the likes of Toure & Silva but was a cut above everyone that night.

Agreed. Stand out performance, Ale at his very best considering the opposition.
[Post edited 23 Feb 2017 19:56]
Best Performance By A Player You Have Seen on 20:05 - Feb 23 with 4029 viewsenfieldargh

Smithies most of this season

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Best Performance By A Player You Have Seen on 20:12 - Feb 23 with 4008 viewsMrSheen

Cook against Palace about 10 years ago.

Clive's Wigan preview re-ran a report of a 1-0 win against them in 2004, which we pinched with a goal from Furlong at the end. Jimmy Bullard was fantastic for them that day.
Best Performance By A Player You Have Seen on 20:14 - Feb 23 with 4003 viewsHayesender

There's been many over the years, but one that always stands out for me is Lee Cook at home to palace.

He absolutely tore their right back a new one that day

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Best Performance By A Player You Have Seen on 20:14 - Feb 23 with 3999 viewsLblock

Random one from me.

Simon Royce up at Pride Park years back in a 0-0 on a Tuesday night.
They had Indigo Idakaez (SP) playing for them and he ran the show but Royce kept everything out that night and seemed to be playing some mad form of World Cup doubles with rush goalie rule.

Many Adel memories as they're more recent.
However my all time R's legend is Clive Wilson so I agree with Brian!!

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Best Performance By A Player You Have Seen on 20:18 - Feb 23 with 3988 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Agree the Bobby Hazell suggestion above, utterly immense!

Wilkins up at Newcastle in 93.

Beckham in that qualifier against Greece. Singlehandedly got England to 2002 WCF.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Best Performance By A Player You Have Seen on 20:29 - Feb 23 with 3950 viewsessextaxiboy

Best Performance By A Player You Have Seen on 20:18 - Feb 23 by PlanetHonneywood

Agree the Bobby Hazell suggestion above, utterly immense!

Wilkins up at Newcastle in 93.

Beckham in that qualifier against Greece. Singlehandedly got England to 2002 WCF.

2 oppo players against us
Suarez in the 0_3 defeat at LR
Craig Bellamy at Ewood Park in the Cup .
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024