Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Best Performance By A Player You Have Seen 17:49 - Feb 23 with 6338 viewsBrianMcCarthy

In Clive's preview of Saturday's game, he went back to the 2-2 draw at Deepdale where Adel was given a 9.

So that got me thinking - what's the best display you've ever seen by a Rangers player.

I think mine is Clive Wilson away to Everton in Nov '93. Bradley Allen got a hat-trick, the papers gave Super Ray MOTM for being Super Ray but Wilson was out of this world at left back, left mid and left wing all at once.

My Word.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Best Performance By A Player You Have Seen on 11:11 - Feb 24 with 1207 viewsozexile

2 games for me. Wegerle against Norwich at home. Unplayable. Controlling the ball in mid air and passing it before he'd hit the ground. Also John Spencer against Barnsley, Scored a hatrick and coukd have walked on water.
Best Performance By A Player You Have Seen on 11:16 - Feb 24 with 1198 viewsAntti_Heinola

Austin v WBA in the Prem. We were two-down and useless. He scored a hat-trick. As close to a one-man team that day as you'll ever see.

As someone else mentioned, Cookie v Palace was just unbelievable. But also, Cookie away at WBA in a 3-3 draw. They were top of the league, miles better than us, Kamara was killing us. but Cookie just put the ball on a plate for Nygaard and Stewart and somehow we got a 3-3 draw. He was amazing round that time.

Mentioned recently on here: Sommer v Villa was breathtaking.

Adel v Swansea, Adel v Cardiff (home and away).

Sir Les away at Newcastle in that 2-1 win.

Bare bones.

Best Performance By A Player You Have Seen on 11:18 - Feb 24 with 1197 viewsstonebridgers

Age makes the memories go a little so cant remember exact games but growing up I always remember watching performances from Paul Parker, Danny Maddix and Alan McDonald marking players like Rush, Hughes etc and thinking how great they were.

Stonebridgers

Best Performance By A Player You Have Seen on 12:09 - Feb 24 with 1171 viewsJuzzie

Of course there are tons to recall but for me, the one that always sticks out is Paul Parker at home to Everton. LFW paulparker mentioned it to in his list "Paul Parker vs Everton in 87 marked sharp out of the game".

For me it wasn't just the fact Paul Parker marked one of the best strikers of the day out of the game but Kendall put their lanky moustached centre back, Derek Mountfield, up front as an emergency striker to try and get something out of the game and Paul Parker, who was significantly shorter, still managed to out-jump him to all the high balls they were lobbing in.
Best Performance By A Player You Have Seen on 12:49 - Feb 24 with 1145 viewsqueensparker

Great question, age and alcohol makes it hard to be specific!

To echo the above, the first few games after we bought Paul Parker were astonishing, he was the best player on the pitch by far in every game and an incredible leap / tackle. I remember over-hearing a few United fans coming out of one game comparing him to Booby Moore. Was a real shame that Fergie and England turned him into a right-back, best centre-back I've ever seen play for QPR.

Another Adel performance was when we beat Reading at home with 10 men. At the pub afterwards everyone was sitting around in a happy daze finally realising we were going up that season. He actually did that "flick the ball over your head" thing from Escape To Victory that every kid tries in the park (and got nailed by a mob of angry Reading players shortly afterwards).

Les in his pomp, with that Newcastle away game the peak.

Rooney the first season we went up, hadn't seen him play club football live and after decades of lower league games watching him run the show was amazing to watch.

Jurgen Sommer when we drew 0-0 with Villa in the most one-sided game of all time.

Wilkins in the 4-1 victory over Spurs, what a player he was
[Post edited 24 Feb 2017 12:49]
Best Performance By A Player You Have Seen on 12:57 - Feb 24 with 1131 viewsTacticalR

Best Performance By A Player You Have Seen on 18:06 - Feb 23 by CamberleyR

No contest. Mark Kennedy in our unexpected 5-0 demolition of table topping Middlesbrough in early 1998. As perfect a display of wing play you could hope to see.

A real shame we couldn't get Kennedy permanently.

There was an interview with him on Off the Ball this week - he's now U15 coach at Manchester City
https://soundcloud.com/offtheball/mark-kennedy-the-killer-interview

Air hostess clique

Best Performance By A Player You Have Seen on 13:00 - Feb 24 with 1126 viewssmegma

Richard Dunne at Wembley aged 76.
Best Performance By A Player You Have Seen on 13:19 - Feb 24 with 1109 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Not a player but Warnock wearing his shorts for half a season was some performance

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Login to get fewer ads

Best Performance By A Player You Have Seen on 20:29 - Feb 24 with 1021 viewsNoelmc

Best for us

Bowles against Cologne when we beat them 3-0 in 1976

& Sommer against Villa 0-0.

Best against us

Hoddle when Spurs beat us 5-2 on the Plastic pitch & Waddle first half for Newcastle in the 5-5 when they were 4-0 up at HT.
Best Performance By A Player You Have Seen on 20:56 - Feb 24 with 1008 viewsDylanP

Taarabt at Swansea. He was upstopable that game.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Best Performance By A Player You Have Seen on 21:27 - Feb 24 with 990 viewsCamberleyR

The Jurgen Sommer Villa Mastershow was a 1-0 win to us (Gallen scored). I know this because I saw that match with a Villa supporting mate who is still haunted to this day.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Best Performance By A Player You Have Seen on 22:26 - Feb 24 with 970 viewswombat

Best Performance By A Player You Have Seen on 21:27 - Feb 24 by CamberleyR

The Jurgen Sommer Villa Mastershow was a 1-0 win to us (Gallen scored). I know this because I saw that match with a Villa supporting mate who is still haunted to this day.

Big Bob v Regis
Dunne in the play off final
Adel v Swansea
Adel v Chelsea

theres been plenty over the years but they are the performances which will be with me tilli shuffle off my mortal coil.

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Best Performance By A Player You Have Seen on 23:29 - Feb 24 with 929 viewsPeterHucker

Best Performance By A Player You Have Seen on 21:27 - Feb 24 by CamberleyR

If I remember correctly wasn't the Gallen winner a bit dubious too I.e. It didn't actually cross the line
Best Performance By A Player You Have Seen on 07:21 - Feb 25 with 898 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Best goal against us:

Best Performance By A Player You Have Seen on 07:22 - Feb 25 with 899 viewsNLondonHoop

John Burridge away to Charlton 1980. Stopped everything.

Taarabt v Swansea Boxing day massacre

Ferdinand away at Newcastle 95, unplayable

Bobby Hazell semi final 82

Stainrod v Cardiff in 81 topped off with overhead kick

Team performance - turned a 0-2 v Burnley at half time into a comfortable 3-2 under Venables

Parker in 87 didn't give Charlie Nicholas a kick he was subbed after an hour

Dennis Bailey hallelujah
Best Performance By A Player You Have Seen on 07:42 - Feb 25 with 886 viewsAgedR

Waddle against us in the first half of the 5.5.

Extraordinary performance that I'll never forget.

Poll: Who do we want out of the way?

Best Performance By A Player You Have Seen on 08:32 - Feb 25 with 870 viewschris1969

Emmanuel Ledesma debut Hatrick vs Carlisle.......I thought I'd witnessed the second coming!

ANY game where Paul Parker played in the centre and out jumped everyone on the pitch.
Best Performance By A Player You Have Seen on 11:01 - Feb 25 with 824 viewsWatfordR

I think in fairness you should take the standard of opposition into account here. Stan was outstanding in virtually all that EUFA Cup campaign and in particular that night against Cologne. And in general, he was so good so often over a period of years, he'll always be the standard against which any player described as a legend will be compared, by me anyway.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024