Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
QPR Opinions 09:37 - Mar 10 with 4180 viewshoof_hearted

Just received this...

"We've recently launched a new research panel, allowing you to have your say on a range of matters affecting the club.

This online community, known as ‘QPR Opinions’, offers you a range of prizes and cash payments as a reward for your contributions to the research initiative.

Simply by registering to the panel, you're automatically entered into the draw to win a visit to the QPR training ground, where you'll have the opportunity to meet the first team squad. Please register before 5pm on the 31st March to be eligible for this prize."

Obviously the fans forums aren't giving the right answer. Does anyone think football teams in the top 2 divisions are still "clubs" or can we all agree that we are mug punters in an entertainment business. Briatore being proved right is making me come over all Ted Hendrix like. Feck 'em.
QPR Opinions on 10:14 - Mar 10 with 4140 viewsPinnerPaul

So did I , but says my email address 'Is already in use"

News to me, but I'm not spending time sorting out their IT issues!
QPR Opinions on 10:36 - Mar 10 with 4121 viewshoof_hearted

Driven me madder than is rational.

They know there's no leg room. sh!t expensive food, sh!t expensive beer. We've told them all this many times.

They know we're hopeless addicts. May as well ask a junkie what they think of the heroin experience but not actually give them free, pure smack.

Maybe it's part of the design for the new stadium stuff to create a panel of attending fans that isn't the same old voices from forums. I could forgive them for that but as I don't want to be a "punter" I'll swerve it.

And to save time. Give us good, reasonably priced food and beer with a bit of space to enjoy it in and we'll continue to be mug punters.
QPR Opinions on 10:39 - Mar 10 with 4114 viewsdaveB

I've been doing it for a month, they have various questionnaires on things like safe standing, food at Loftus Road etc. Usually one a week

Only takes a few minutes to fill in and you earn the QPR Reward points for money off in the club shop
QPR Opinions on 10:49 - Mar 10 with 4096 viewshoof_hearted

Look around the ground next match. Our average fan is a LATE middle aged, middle class (although some pretend to be working class), man.

Asking the last group of supporters who can afford/want to go even though facilities are dire makes no sense when the ground is always going to be nearly full if results are decent.

May as well ask a junkie what he thinks about the spoon he's cooking up in.
QPR Opinions on 12:14 - Mar 10 with 4020 viewsDorse

On the subject of the water pressure in the Ellerslie Road bogs...

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

QPR Opinions on 12:23 - Mar 10 with 4004 viewshoof_hearted

I guess marketing departments have to prove they're use somehow.

If 51% of respondents say the Ellerslie bogs water pressure is "not a significant factor in their decision to purchase a 5XL replica shirt and 2 Ginsters" then there is no need to call a plumber. Practically paying for themselves.
QPR Opinions on 12:33 - Mar 10 with 3981 viewsdaveB

QPR Opinions on 12:23 - Mar 10 by hoof_hearted

I guess marketing departments have to prove they're use somehow.

If 51% of respondents say the Ellerslie bogs water pressure is "not a significant factor in their decision to purchase a 5XL replica shirt and 2 Ginsters" then there is no need to call a plumber. Practically paying for themselves.

on the flip side when they don't ask our opinions we moan at them for not listening to us
QPR Opinions on 12:34 - Mar 10 with 3976 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I think that this is a good idea, to be honest.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Login to get fewer ads

QPR Opinions on 12:47 - Mar 10 with 3942 viewshoof_hearted

QPR Opinions on 12:34 - Mar 10 by BrianMcCarthy

I think that this is a good idea, to be honest.

If I thought for a second they would get some new response or information out of it then so would I.

If I thought for a second that it would be the clincher for acting on the information they already have then so would I.

If I believed it might actually be anything other than finding ways way of getting more money out of fans without them moaning then so would I.

I need therapy.
QPR Opinions on 13:04 - Mar 10 with 3923 viewsBrianMcCarthy

QPR Opinions on 12:47 - Mar 10 by hoof_hearted

If I thought for a second they would get some new response or information out of it then so would I.

If I thought for a second that it would be the clincher for acting on the information they already have then so would I.

If I believed it might actually be anything other than finding ways way of getting more money out of fans without them moaning then so would I.

I need therapy.

Or a holiday.

Here, take five minutes...

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

QPR Opinions on 13:19 - Mar 10 with 3871 viewsPinnerPaul

QPR Opinions on 10:39 - Mar 10 by daveB

I've been doing it for a month, they have various questionnaires on things like safe standing, food at Loftus Road etc. Usually one a week

Only takes a few minutes to fill in and you earn the QPR Reward points for money off in the club shop

Sounds good Dave, but sadly technical issues seem to be preventing me from taking part!
[Post edited 10 Mar 2017 13:20]
QPR Opinions on 13:27 - Mar 10 with 3842 viewskensalriser

QPR Opinions on 12:33 - Mar 10 by daveB

on the flip side when they don't ask our opinions we moan at them for not listening to us

There is absolutely nothing that won't be fashioned by someone into a new stick to beat the club with.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

QPR Opinions on 13:48 - Mar 10 with 3812 viewshoof_hearted

QPR Opinions on 13:27 - Mar 10 by kensalriser

There is absolutely nothing that won't be fashioned by someone into a new stick to beat the club with.

I hate market research, not the club! Recent opinion polls performances have shown that people give the answer that they think they should give and not a genuine opinion.

The marketing department just need to do exactly as they would have us do. Arrive half an hour before the match, have a snack and a drink (any drink - the tea is as sh1t as the beer), go to the toilet at half time and maybe get another cuppa. There would be enough blindingly obvious stuff to improve to keep them occupied without analysing online questionnaires.
QPR Opinions on 13:54 - Mar 10 with 3791 viewsMatch82

QPR Opinions on 12:47 - Mar 10 by hoof_hearted

I need therapy.

Not sure how this is a money grab? Offering a completely optional opportunity for you to win a prize by answering a few questions, the results of which may or may not get acted upon. But no harm in it surely?
QPR Opinions on 14:47 - Mar 10 with 3737 viewsNW10Hoop

Filled it in.

Better beer, better food, better toilets, better legroom. That's about all we can ask for in the current stadium isn't it?
QPR Opinions on 14:49 - Mar 10 with 3732 viewsNorthernr

Love this thread. YOU BSTRDS, ASKING US WHAT WE THINK AND OFFERING US FREE STUFF.
QPR Opinions on 15:02 - Mar 10 with 3705 viewssmegma

I can't remember the last time I bought a drink in the ground ( I don't drink hot drinks). Last week I bought a pie during the Cardiff game. I was Hank Marvin having had 5 pints pre game. After one bite I regretted it. The last time I bought one must've been 5-6 years ago. There's a reason . Food at all games is absolutely pony.
QPR Opinions on 15:02 - Mar 10 with 3705 viewsHantsR

QPR Opinions on 10:49 - Mar 10 by hoof_hearted

Look around the ground next match. Our average fan is a LATE middle aged, middle class (although some pretend to be working class), man.

Asking the last group of supporters who can afford/want to go even though facilities are dire makes no sense when the ground is always going to be nearly full if results are decent.

Sounds a bit like me, although I'm not LATE - last time I checked anyway, at least I think so?

Lovely up here in Elysian fields.
QPR Opinions on 15:08 - Mar 10 with 3690 viewssmegma

QPR Opinions on 10:49 - Mar 10 by hoof_hearted

I don't know ANY middle class football fans , even at QPR.
QPR Opinions on 16:44 - Mar 10 with 3619 viewshoof_hearted

QPR Opinions on 14:49 - Mar 10 by Northernr

Love this thread. YOU BSTRDS, ASKING US WHAT WE THINK AND OFFERING US FREE STUFF.

No. My club wasting valuable resources inefficiently.
QPR Opinions on 16:47 - Mar 10 with 3606 viewshoof_hearted

QPR Opinions on 14:47 - Mar 10 by NW10Hoop

Filled it in.

Better beer, better food, better toilets, better legroom. That's about all we can ask for in the current stadium isn't it?

Exactly. They've been told often enough!
QPR Opinions on 16:57 - Mar 10 with 3593 viewshoof_hearted

QPR Opinions on 15:08 - Mar 10 by smegma

I don't know ANY middle class football fans , even at QPR.

Hahaha!
See the postings today about RICS membership and IR35 for starters.
QPR Opinions on 17:20 - Mar 10 with 3562 viewsNW10Hoop

QPR Opinions on 16:47 - Mar 10 by hoof_hearted

Exactly. They've been told often enough!

Yeah maybe they have. Can't hurt to hear it from loads of people in the same survey though.

Might be naive about making money from selling booze, but if they sold some decent beers and food quickly, and we had the space to eat in drink in relative comfort many more of us would get down way earlier and have a beer there.

If we do move to Scrubs, I think they'd do well to open an away "pub" in or right next to the stadium. Make it easy for the away fans to have a pint, and make coming down to QPR a game they look forward to.

Are we contractually obliged to sell Carlsberg, tetley, etc?
QPR Opinions on 19:59 - Mar 10 with 3470 viewsMatch82

QPR Opinions on 17:20 - Mar 10 by NW10Hoop

Yeah maybe they have. Can't hurt to hear it from loads of people in the same survey though.

Might be naive about making money from selling booze, but if they sold some decent beers and food quickly, and we had the space to eat in drink in relative comfort many more of us would get down way earlier and have a beer there.

If we do move to Scrubs, I think they'd do well to open an away "pub" in or right next to the stadium. Make it easy for the away fans to have a pint, and make coming down to QPR a game they look forward to.

Are we contractually obliged to sell Carlsberg, tetley, etc?

On the last paragraph, almost certainly yes. This is definitely how it works in the US, contacts are negotiated with a stadium to have exclusive rights to be the beer etc provider for a certain amount of time
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024