Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our midfield for next season 14:11 - Mar 19 with 4537 viewsbosh67

If we can keep Morrison and Lua Lua we have a really strong and deep midfield squad ready for next season.

Right now we have...

Manning, Morrison, Goss, Luongo, Freeman, Ngbakoto (kind of a striker and midfielder), Wszolek and, Lua Lua, with Cousins, Shodipo (on loan), Petrasso, Hamalainen and Doughty all fighting for places as well. Have excluded Gladwin, again on loan, because I think he will move on.

It will be an interesting close season. We will possibly need another central defender, but we do have a few youngsters coming through, and another striker, although we do have Grego Cox back to fitness and like Washington, he has blistering pace.

So, a very strong midfield. and not too far off elsewhere. I personally think we have the basis for a very good young squad next season without much work to be done. This is a pretty good bunch, particularly the midfield.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Our midfield for next season on 13:06 - Mar 21 with 399 viewsDorse

I keep forgetting about Cousins. He has the potential to be a box-to-box sort of midfielder but I can't see him getting picked ahead of Manning.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Our midfield for next season on 13:07 - Mar 21 with 399 viewsBAWHoops

I'd steer clear of Ravel

Squad is shaping up very nicely

GK - Smithies, Ingram

RB - Perch, Furlong

LB - Bidwell, Robinson, Haimalanen

CB - Lynch, Onouha, New CB

DM - Hall, Cousins

CM - Freeman, Luongo, Goss, Manning, Doughty

Wing - Yeni, Pawel, Shodipo, LuaLua (hopefully)

St - Smith, Washington, Sylla, Mackie

That would be a squad of 23 with Shodipo, Doughty and Hamalainen the only ones not really guaranteed action around the first team

Majority of those players are improving as well, which is lovely to see

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Our midfield for next season on 13:29 - Mar 21 with 371 viewsDannytheR

For me Doughty was never going to be good enough. Ale Faurlin could get away with being that slow, but Doughty is no Ale Faurlin. Time for a fresh start.

We're looking increasingly spoiled for choice in midfield now, which is barmy when you think how much we've struggled there for years. The really nice thing is that a) these are young players who should only improve and b) their different styles offer us countless different tactics (the only pairing that doesn't seem to work is Hall and Goss). If he can finally resolve the injuries, I think Cousins will shine too next season — remember, all we've really seen of him for QPR is being played out of position by JFH in a lacklustre team. On form he's perfect for a style built around pressing/hustling/irritating the oppo until they burst into tears.

You look at the squad now and think if you could stick a monster of a CB in there, we might just do some damage next season.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024