Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bernie the bolt 23:20 - May 12 with 4565 viewsstowmarketrange

There is a rumour going around up here that midget bernie ecclestone is set to buy out Marcus Evans at Ipswich.Good or bad news for them?
He can hardly do worse than the current owner.
Bernie the bolt on 23:42 - May 12 with 4512 viewsWindsorHoopMan

He got us into the premier league"..............sort of
Bernie the bolt on 00:25 - May 13 with 4456 viewsCanadaRanger

F1 Tractors... Now there's a thought...
Bernie the bolt on 00:33 - May 13 with 4453 viewsFredManRave

Bernie the bolt on 00:25 - May 13 by CanadaRanger

F1 Tractors... Now there's a thought...

F1 Tractors aka Caterham.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Bernie the bolt on 05:41 - May 13 with 4338 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Bernie the bolt on 23:42 - May 12 by WindsorHoopMan

He got us into the premier league"..............sort of

We got there despite of him, not because of him.
Bernie the bolt on 07:27 - May 13 with 4222 viewsstevec

Bernie the bolt on 05:41 - May 13 by BazzaInTheLoft

We got there despite of him, not because of him.

Oh come on, whether he gave a stuff or not, we'd probably still be a Premier League side if he'd wanted to stay.

You can't base everything on a hatred of anyone with a few bob.
Bernie the bolt on 08:54 - May 13 with 4122 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Bernie the bolt on 07:27 - May 13 by stevec

Oh come on, whether he gave a stuff or not, we'd probably still be a Premier League side if he'd wanted to stay.

Bore off mate.
Bernie the bolt on 12:06 - May 14 with 3713 viewssmegma

Are you serious ???
Bernie the bolt on 13:23 - May 14 with 3611 viewsTacticalR

I feel a bit sorry for Bernie. Mittal only had to pay £125k to get Labour to campaign for him to obtain the Romanian steel industry, whereas poor old Ecclestone had to fork out £1m to get Labour to exempt F1 from the ban on tobacco advertising.

And don't get me started on the £28m bribe he had to pay Gribkowsky...

Ex-banker jailed for taking bribes from Bernie Ecclestone
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-18625773

Air hostess clique

Login to get fewer ads

Bernie the bolt on 13:30 - May 14 with 3587 viewsstevec

Bernie the bolt on 13:23 - May 14 by TacticalR

I feel a bit sorry for Bernie. Mittal only had to pay £125k to get Labour to campaign for him to obtain the Romanian steel industry, whereas poor old Ecclestone had to fork out £1m to get Labour to exempt F1 from the ban on tobacco advertising.

And don't get me started on the £28m bribe he had to pay Gribkowsky...

Ex-banker jailed for taking bribes from Bernie Ecclestone
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-18625773

Ok, allegedly a bit iffy but probably our second best Chairmam after, erm....

.... Jim Gregory.
Bernie the bolt on 10:59 - May 15 with 3237 viewsTacticalR

I am not sure if it's already been mentioned, but according to Ecclestone's biographer, the reason Ecclestone ended up selling to Fernandes rather than Mittal is because Mittal wouldn't buy Ecclestone out completely:

'Among the aristocracy of billionaires, Ecclestone was accustomed to respect. Rupert Murdoch, Lakshmi Mittal, Roman Abramovich and others in that rare breed ruled the jungle by identifying weaknesses and spilling blood. Despite their cultivated courtesies towards Ecclestone, their belief that he was wounded encouraged some playfulness.

First, Mittal, the minority shareholder in QPR, offered to buy enough of Ecclestone's 66 per cent stake in the football club so that they would be equal owners and the Indian's son-in-law would be allowed to manage the team. Ecclestone rejected Mittal's proposition. 'Buy me out completely,' replied Ecclestone. 'The money is nickel and dime and you'll have total control.' Mittal refused and Ecclestone argued with his son-in-law.'

Tom Bower, No Angel: The Secret Life of Bernie Ecclestone (2011)

Air hostess clique

Bernie the bolt on 11:26 - May 15 with 3199 viewsWrightUp5hit___

Ipswich supplier of water and energy drinks should look to find alternative clients.
Bernie the bolt on 14:51 - May 15 with 3064 viewslondonscottish

Bernie the bolt on 10:59 - May 15 by TacticalR

I am not sure if it's already been mentioned, but according to Ecclestone's biographer, the reason Ecclestone ended up selling to Fernandes rather than Mittal is because Mittal wouldn't buy Ecclestone out completely:

'Among the aristocracy of billionaires, Ecclestone was accustomed to respect. Rupert Murdoch, Lakshmi Mittal, Roman Abramovich and others in that rare breed ruled the jungle by identifying weaknesses and spilling blood. Despite their cultivated courtesies towards Ecclestone, their belief that he was wounded encouraged some playfulness.

First, Mittal, the minority shareholder in QPR, offered to buy enough of Ecclestone's 66 per cent stake in the football club so that they would be equal owners and the Indian's son-in-law would be allowed to manage the team. Ecclestone rejected Mittal's proposition. 'Buy me out completely,' replied Ecclestone. 'The money is nickel and dime and you'll have total control.' Mittal refused and Ecclestone argued with his son-in-law.'

That's depressing.

The last 6 years could have been very different....

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Bernie the bolt on 15:34 - May 15 with 3001 viewsTheChef

Bernie the bolt on 10:59 - May 15 by TacticalR

Interesting.

Although probably right, but I always take Tom Bower's books with a pinch of salt. How does he get these quotes?

'Buy me out completely,' replied Ecclestone. 'The money is nickel and dime and you'll have total control.'

I assume they're not verbatim? His book about Branson is full of such quotes. I do think he errs on the side of artistic license, so how he isn't sued to the hilt I don't know.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Bernie the bolt on 16:17 - May 15 with 2962 viewsTacticalR

Bernie the bolt on 15:34 - May 15 by TheChef

Interesting.

Although probably right, but I always take Tom Bower's books with a pinch of salt. How does he get these quotes?

'Buy me out completely,' replied Ecclestone. 'The money is nickel and dime and you'll have total control.'

I assume they're not verbatim? His book about Branson is full of such quotes. I do think he errs on the side of artistic license, so how he isn't sued to the hilt I don't know.

There was an interview with Ecclestone around the time the book came out where it's suggested that Bower 'had got too close' to Ecclestone:

'It was entertaining, but lacked the anticipated revelations. Either Bower had got too close to him, or maybe — as unlikely as it seems to experienced Bernie watchers — there really is nothing to reveal about this most mysterious of tycoons, a man both accessible and frustratingly opaque.

"That's what the problem was. I used to say to Tom — because we've become quite good friends — 'What can I do that's evil for you?' He was upfront with me and I gave him complete co-operation. Anyone he wanted to speak to, I called and said: 'Talk to this guy - tell him the truth.''

The Saturday interview: Bernie Ecclestone
https://www.theguardian.com/theguardian/2011/dec/10/bernie-ecclestone-tamara-pet
[Post edited 15 May 2017 16:18]

Air hostess clique

Bernie the bolt on 16:38 - May 15 with 2935 viewsdaveB

Bernie was bloody dreadful, he had no interest in the club, was only when Flavio took a back seat and let Amit take over that we got promoted. From the minute we got promoted his only aim was to sell the club for as much money as possible and no care about what happened to the club next
Bernie the bolt on 16:46 - May 15 with 2923 viewsTacticalR

Bernie the bolt on 16:38 - May 15 by daveB

Bernie was bloody dreadful, he had no interest in the club, was only when Flavio took a back seat and let Amit take over that we got promoted. From the minute we got promoted his only aim was to sell the club for as much money as possible and no care about what happened to the club next

From Neil Warnock's book (following the 4-1 defeat at Scunthorpe):

'After the Scunthorpe game I didn’t get any calls until Monday, then Flavio came on. He’d heard the result and he was obviously panicking, he always did after we lost a game. Bernie Ecclestone also called. 'We can't afford another result like that, Neil, blah, blah. Flavio is not happy either. It cannot happen.'

I’m thinking, I know they don’t understand football, but does anybody want a result like that?'

Air hostess clique

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024