Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jack Butland - pulling no punches! 11:03 - May 7 with 11173 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Lifted some of his comments off the Beeb. Hmm wondering who he could be talking about?

"There's been transfers that aren't even part of the squad for all kinds of reasons, whether it be discipline, whether it be lack of performance," Butland, 25, said.

"You've got to look at that - what decisions are being made and the type of characters."

"But you look at others and they're not even here to have an input. It's not because they were playing at the top of their game, because if they were they'd be here," he continued.

"Too many of the recent investments, and over the years, are completely unused and that's unacceptable. So before anyone is signed and any changes happen that's got to be looked at because it's been farcical really."

Paul Lambert replaced Mark Hughes as manager in January following Stoke's FA Cup third round defeat at League Two Coventry City. However, Stoke have managed just one league win under the Scot.

"I believe Paul's had an extremely difficult job," Butland said. "He inherited a squad where, unfortunately, there was ill-discipline and players you cannot rely on.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Jack Butland - pulling no punches! on 18:47 - May 8 with 1541 viewschumley

Jack Butland - pulling no punches! on 17:36 - May 8 by stuabd

On the 5live Monday night club, Andy Townsend was adamant that it wasn't 'Sparky's' fault and that the chairman and people in charge of recruitment should take a lot of the blame for the Stoke relegation. The inference seemed to be that Hughes didn't choose these players - laughable!

Some of the media just don't want to offend Hughes. Later on they brought up the subject of Bojan who had been really good. According to Adam he fell out with Hughes after returning from injury and was loaned out. Charlie Adam without putting the boot in said nothing positive about Hughes. What a surprise.

It's not often I agree with Barton but his tweet about Hughes having the ability to make teams continually worse was spot on.

Hughes at stoke had final say on all transfers, but he never went to see them. He signed Imbula for 18m + and only saw him on video, never spoke to him to find out what a mardy arse he is..
Jack Butland - pulling no punches! on 10:21 - May 9 with 1331 viewsTheChef

Jack Butland - pulling no punches! on 22:38 - May 7 by PunteR

JFH was a different mistake to Hughes and Redknap but a similar one to Ramsey by letting an inexperienced manager take over.

Given the hand he was dealt, actually I thought Ramsey did OK (arguably better than JFH at least in terms of the style of football) and might have been given more time.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Jack Butland - pulling no punches! on 10:29 - May 9 with 1316 viewsMick_S

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44046850

He's nuts.

No Neil Warlock, is he?

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024