Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Best Rangers Free Kick 19:23 - Aug 20 with 12196 viewsBrianMcCarthy

This is the best that I can remember.
We were behind it and anyone who was there will swear that the shoddy camerawork does it no justice. The swerve on it was incredible, impossible even at that pace.
Add in that we were incredulous that he was taking it and that (I think?) it was his first and last free kick for us (he didn't even take our penos) and the shock factor also added to the joy.
Others?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Best Rangers Free Kick on 10:27 - Aug 21 with 1574 viewsted_hendrix

Barton scored from a free kick at the fakes ground, Barton was wearing a t shirt under his top saying something about Alejandro Faurlín's injury, I couldn't see what the t shirt said properly from where I was sat.
Think we won 1-0

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Best Rangers Free Kick on 10:38 - Aug 21 with 1548 viewsRBlock

Apologies for the ropey video, but so much love for Taiwo bollocking in it with so little run up.

Best Rangers Free Kick on 10:40 - Aug 21 with 1542 viewsNorthernr

Best Rangers Free Kick on 10:38 - Aug 21 by RBlock

Apologies for the ropey video, but so much love for Taiwo bollocking in it with so little run up.

Forgotten that one completely and was sitting right behind it.
Best Rangers Free Kick on 10:42 - Aug 21 with 1539 viewsRBlock

Best Rangers Free Kick on 05:39 - Aug 21 by SirNose

[Post edited 29 Oct 2022 4:34]

Neither of these are actually techinically any good. Doesn't get it up and over, keeper should be doing better on both. I'd back Clive to save them tbh
Best Rangers Free Kick on 10:43 - Aug 21 with 1530 viewsFrankRightguard

Seem to remember Paul Bruce getting two in consecutive away games at the end of one season and start of the next. Wolves and Bury possibly?
Best Rangers Free Kick on 10:43 - Aug 21 with 1529 viewsNorthernr

Best Rangers Free Kick on 10:42 - Aug 21 by RBlock

Neither of these are actually techinically any good. Doesn't get it up and over, keeper should be doing better on both. I'd back Clive to save them tbh

I'd be trying doubly hard against that knobber as well.
Best Rangers Free Kick on 10:47 - Aug 21 with 1526 viewsRoller

This one was pretty useful.

[Post edited 21 Aug 2020 10:52]
Best Rangers Free Kick on 10:53 - Aug 21 with 1510 viewsted_hendrix

Best Rangers Free Kick on 10:27 - Aug 21 by ted_hendrix

Barton scored from a free kick at the fakes ground, Barton was wearing a t shirt under his top saying something about Alejandro Faurlín's injury, I couldn't see what the t shirt said properly from where I was sat.
Think we won 1-0

Missed SirNose's post

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Login to get fewer ads

Best Rangers Free Kick on 12:35 - Aug 21 with 1424 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Best Rangers Free Kick on 00:04 - Aug 21 by PBLOCK

Great memory. I'd completely forgotten that.

What a second goal as well.

Best Rangers Free Kick on 12:39 - Aug 21 with 1413 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Best Rangers Free Kick on 10:20 - Aug 21 by Northernr

Just a couple of weeks after the Bardsley one against Southampton, Sinton repeated the dose at The Dell. Away terrace in fine form.

Fugg me. How have I forgotten that one?

Was I on acid for all the early 90's?

Best Rangers Free Kick on 12:42 - Aug 21 with 1407 viewsMickS

Best Rangers Free Kick on 09:32 - Aug 21 by Esox_Lucius

nice one from distance.

I think there are two imposters - there is a great photo where they clearly have been worked out. One of my favourites.
Best Rangers Free Kick on 12:54 - Aug 21 with 1365 viewsPBLOCK

Best Rangers Free Kick on 12:35 - Aug 21 by BrianMcCarthy

Great memory. I'd completely forgotten that.

What a second goal as well.

The main reason I remember it was that I was in a box for that game and the free kick was right in front of us. As soon as he hit it you knew it was in, went like a missile. 2nd goal just shows why he was so sought after and that he was almost irreplaceable.

Was the same day that Man U stuck 9 past Ipswich as there was as small telly in the box with teletext on and nobody could believe the score. Think Cole got 5 that day.
Best Rangers Free Kick on 12:57 - Aug 21 with 1354 viewsJuzzie

I always liked Taarabt's in the 4-2 win at Derby.

Not only 'cos it was a great free kick but pulled us back from being 2-0 down to go into half time 5 mins later at 2-1.
Second half we battered them.
Live on TV and although Magilton was the Manager, it was a pre-cursor as to what was to come under Warnock and that season.
Best Rangers Free Kick on 13:06 - Aug 21 with 1327 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Best Rangers Free Kick on 12:57 - Aug 21 by Juzzie

I always liked Taarabt's in the 4-2 win at Derby.

Not only 'cos it was a great free kick but pulled us back from being 2-0 down to go into half time 5 mins later at 2-1.
Second half we battered them.
Live on TV and although Magilton was the Manager, it was a pre-cursor as to what was to come under Warnock and that season.

I was in England for that one but couldn't go. We had a christening for my nephew in Wards' pub in Harrow and the game was on.

At half-time about 30 friends were piling on us to win. My family chipped in as well. Between us all we put close to a grand on it and cleaned the bookie. Can't remember the odds for the life of me, but it must have been 30 or 40 to 1.

Best Rangers Free Kick on 13:13 - Aug 21 with 1317 viewsMickS

Best Rangers Free Kick on 13:06 - Aug 21 by BrianMcCarthy

I was in England for that one but couldn't go. We had a christening for my nephew in Wards' pub in Harrow and the game was on.

At half-time about 30 friends were piling on us to win. My family chipped in as well. Between us all we put close to a grand on it and cleaned the bookie. Can't remember the odds for the life of me, but it must have been 30 or 40 to 1.

Sounds dodgy
Best Rangers Free Kick on 13:44 - Aug 21 with 1262 viewsR_from_afar

Ravel Morrison in making a positive contribution shock:

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Best Rangers Free Kick on 14:33 - Aug 21 with 1228 viewsBillericayR

This is not a Rangers free kick, but I saw it recently on the BIG MATCH re-visited and do not remember it at the time.
Once again Willie Carr involved.
The clip is 8 minutes but the free kick is the first bit of action.
In fact the whole clip is worth a look for those who remember the names at the time (i.e Allardyce Peter Reid, Alan Sunderland, Richards etc).
Wolves were already promoted - I think Bolton had to win to stay in the race.

Best Rangers Free Kick on 15:46 - Aug 21 with 1183 viewsqpr_1968

Best Rangers Free Kick on 10:20 - Aug 21 by Northernr

Just a couple of weeks after the Bardsley one against Southampton, Sinton repeated the dose at The Dell. Away terrace in fine form.

the winner for me.....everything about it.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Best Rangers Free Kick on 16:54 - Aug 21 with 1138 viewsNoelmc

Best Rangers Free Kick on 09:48 - Aug 21 by francisbowles

Stan in an FA Cup replay, last minute winner!

One of my all time favourite matches at Loftus Rd. There was bedlam when Stan scored the last minute winner from the free kick.

Played Leicester at home in the Quarter Finals and were favourites to win but lost 2-0 with Joe Waters scoring both on his debut for them. Remember being absolutely gutted as we trooped out of Loftus Rd at the end.
Best Rangers Free Kick on 16:57 - Aug 21 with 1132 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Best Rangers Free Kick on 16:54 - Aug 21 by Noelmc

One of my all time favourite matches at Loftus Rd. There was bedlam when Stan scored the last minute winner from the free kick.

Played Leicester at home in the Quarter Finals and were favourites to win but lost 2-0 with Joe Waters scoring both on his debut for them. Remember being absolutely gutted as we trooped out of Loftus Rd at the end.

Brilliant footage. Never seen that before, thanks. The only players that can be made out are Bowles and Mancini!!!

Best Rangers Free Kick on 17:18 - Aug 21 with 1112 viewsMrSheen

There's a lovely one from Fenwick in this one too, though the Leicester defenders weren't too impressed with Ian Andrews. Cracking game, finished 5-2 (despite 6 goals on the video !!). I remember the Robbie James belter, but was that a Sammy Lee goal?

Best Rangers Free Kick on 17:27 - Aug 21 with 1100 viewsqpr_1968

Best Rangers Free Kick on 09:48 - Aug 21 by francisbowles

Stan in an FA Cup replay, last minute winner!

great footage. was standing right at the back of the loft that night.
great atmosphere, and when bowlseys goal went in the whole ground shook.
think the crowd was 28,000.

as someone said, leicester next round, and an unknown joe waters scored their 2 goals to knock us out, then disapeared off the face of the earth....it was as if he was put on it just to knock us out. 34,000 for that game as well.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Best Rangers Free Kick on 19:19 - Aug 21 with 1034 viewsqprd

Best Rangers Free Kick on 19:40 - Aug 21 with 1018 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Best Rangers Free Kick on 17:18 - Aug 21 by MrSheen

There's a lovely one from Fenwick in this one too, though the Leicester defenders weren't too impressed with Ian Andrews. Cracking game, finished 5-2 (despite 6 goals on the video !!). I remember the Robbie James belter, but was that a Sammy Lee goal?

That was definitely a 5-2, Sheen, wasn't it?

Strange days have found us.

Best Rangers Free Kick on 19:41 - Aug 21 with 1016 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Best Rangers Free Kick on 19:19 - Aug 21 by qprd

Triffic.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024