Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gareth ainsworth 11:18 - Mar 10 with 5667 viewstonyQPR

Sorry I can’t do links but could someone please put here the link from news now about ga quoting that he believes QPR are one of the greatest clubs around, he has proper man love for QPR as I do and ga too. 😘😘😘
Gareth ainsworth on 17:01 - Mar 10 with 1451 viewsrsonist

Gareth ainsworth on 15:28 - Mar 10 by PinnerPaul

Does a nice line in post match interviews as well, to quote a description from the ages ago "As honest as the day is long"

https://www.wycombewanderers.co.uk/news/2021/march/gareths-rangers-review/

Interesting we're all saying it got a bit too hairy for our liking while Gaz is crediting us for "shutting up shop" at 1-0...
Gareth ainsworth on 17:02 - Mar 10 with 1448 viewsrobith

Gareth ainsworth on 12:01 - Mar 10 by kensalriser

He's done a phenomenal job at Wycombe. Strange he's still there, really.

Bottom of League 1 when he took over
Gareth ainsworth on 17:06 - Mar 10 with 1446 viewsPinnerPaul

Gareth ainsworth on 17:01 - Mar 10 by rsonist

Interesting we're all saying it got a bit too hairy for our liking while Gaz is crediting us for "shutting up shop" at 1-0...

Indeed. Just the natural pessimist in us all I guess.

I told Mrs Pinner last night (more than once she claims! ) that this was 'bound' to be like the last 10 minutes of the Birmingham game!
Gareth ainsworth on 17:11 - Mar 10 with 1428 viewsAntti_Heinola

Gareth ainsworth on 17:01 - Mar 10 by rsonist

Have to say, other than the sinking feeling of 'one will go in off Bayo's massive back', I wasn't very worried. They never really threatened to score other than maybe getting something in for a set piece.
One of those games that if you're a fan of the team winning, you think it's hairy; if you're a fan of the team losing, you think you'll never score in a million years, and if you're a neutral, you'll turn over.

Bare bones.

Gareth ainsworth on 17:42 - Mar 10 with 1371 viewstonyQPR

Gareth ainsworth on 13:04 - Mar 10 by RangersDave

When he was 'manager' for a while , we played one wet night in Blackpool. Paladini was being feted by some fans standing on the back row of the open side terrace.

Gareth came out during the warm up, came over and thanked me for turning out.

3-0 i think it was to the mighty Hoooooopsa!

What a guy.

On the back off your,at a game post, I was at the ill fated pre season tour of Italy and managed to get on the pitch at the end off the game the first player I drunkenly came across was wildthing,said Gareth mate (or words to that effect) can I have your shirt which he was carrying at the time and humoured me for a few minutes when paladini walked over and said to ga no giving shirts away club can’t afford it (or again words to that effect) to which ga replied he’s a fan travelled to support us it’s the least I can do which he duly signed too, paladini walked off muttering away in Italian anyway when paladini was out of earshot ga said what a f#@cking c@#t shook my hand and said right I’m off to get pissed. Still have the shirt to this day and my top memory of a good 5 days on the piss in sorrento 😉👍⚽️🍺🍺🍺
Gareth ainsworth on 18:05 - Mar 10 with 1339 viewsW7Ranger

Gareth ainsworth on 17:02 - Mar 10 by robith

Bottom of League 1 when he took over

Was it not bottom of League 2 ?
Gareth ainsworth on 18:07 - Mar 10 with 1336 viewsW7Ranger

Gareth ainsworth on 17:42 - Mar 10 by tonyQPR

On the back off your,at a game post, I was at the ill fated pre season tour of Italy and managed to get on the pitch at the end off the game the first player I drunkenly came across was wildthing,said Gareth mate (or words to that effect) can I have your shirt which he was carrying at the time and humoured me for a few minutes when paladini walked over and said to ga no giving shirts away club can’t afford it (or again words to that effect) to which ga replied he’s a fan travelled to support us it’s the least I can do which he duly signed too, paladini walked off muttering away in Italian anyway when paladini was out of earshot ga said what a f#@cking c@#t shook my hand and said right I’m off to get pissed. Still have the shirt to this day and my top memory of a good 5 days on the piss in sorrento 😉👍⚽️🍺🍺🍺

Great story!
Gareth ainsworth on 18:44 - Mar 10 with 1306 viewshantssi

One of my mates son is (was) friends with GA’s wife (partner) cousin or some such thing, anyone at a family visit to GA’s it was mentioned that my mate supported QPR, “that’s a long way from LR” says GA, my mate lives near Nottingham but comes from West Drayton, so GA says if you got his number give him a call and I’ll have a chat with him.
So my mate gets an unexpected call from GA and they talk for about 20 minutes about the R’s!
Can’t see many other ex players doing that!
Long way of saying he is a top, top bloke!
Login to get fewer ads

Gareth ainsworth on 19:14 - Mar 10 with 1256 viewsNed_Kennedys

Gareth ainsworth on 11:50 - Mar 10 by BrianMcCarthy

Echo it all.

The only part I would have had reservations with is wanting him as manager, at least until he proved he could get his team playing decent football, but even at that I thought they played some good stuff last night. Signs of evolution, maybe.

This is always brought up when the idea of GA becoming our manager one day is discussed.
Wycombe must have the lowest budget in the Championship and probably had one of the lowest in League One last year so he does the best he can with the players he can afford and certainly makes them hard to beat at the very least.
Don't forget it was at Wycombe under Gareth that Eze first started to flourish so he can certainly work with skillful players when given the opportunity.

Would love to see him in charge at QPR.
Gareth ainsworth on 19:16 - Mar 10 with 1259 viewsPadulas_Shampoo

Reading this thread has been almost as entertaining as it was to watch this wonderful man play for Rangers. Some great and funny stories. You don’t meet many people in life that are universally liked but Aino must be as close as you get.

He really was a terrific player and was almost psychotic in his determination to give his all, in every single minute of every single match. It’s people like him that make me so proud to support this club.

I remember that away game at Elland Road the first season after our promotion, we’d packed the away end out and when he ran out before kick off he just stood there looking at our fans shaking his head in disbelief. Then he scored a screamer after only a couple of minutes. Let’s not go into what happened after that!!

Anyway, just wanted to echo the nice words throughout this thread. I’ll never forget those days and will be eternally grateful to GA for everything he did for the club and gave us fans. An unequivocal Rangers legend.
Gareth ainsworth on 19:51 - Mar 10 with 1211 viewsCamberleyR

Gareth ainsworth on 18:05 - Mar 10 by W7Ranger

Was it not bottom of League 2 ?

Fourth bottom

https://www.11v11.com/league-tables/league-two/24-september-2012/

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Gareth ainsworth on 20:07 - Mar 10 with 1176 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Gareth ainsworth on 19:14 - Mar 10 by Ned_Kennedys

This is always brought up when the idea of GA becoming our manager one day is discussed.
Wycombe must have the lowest budget in the Championship and probably had one of the lowest in League One last year so he does the best he can with the players he can afford and certainly makes them hard to beat at the very least.
Don't forget it was at Wycombe under Gareth that Eze first started to flourish so he can certainly work with skillful players when given the opportunity.

Would love to see him in charge at QPR.

You may well be right Ned, and I'm not writing that possibility off. But I'd want to see him play good football somewhere else first before I'd hand over the keys.

As I say, though, last night there was some good touched from them. Their style was much shorter than it was in the games I saw last season.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Gareth ainsworth on 22:21 - Mar 10 with 1055 viewsloftboy

The Luton game when he broke his leg, at HT the chap who sat behind me said he’d heard a rumour that Gaz had broken his leg, I replied “ well that’s Bollocks as he had stood on it and tried to run it off “ was absolutely astounded when it was confirmed.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Gareth ainsworth on 22:21 - Mar 10 with 1056 viewssuperhoopdownunder

Gareth ainsworth on 11:56 - Mar 10 by daveB

When we went up in 2004 I was lucky enough to get in the town hall after the parade and mingle with the players. Some great memories that night of Chris Day fuming that someone stole his stella and Gino Padula walking around holding an inflatable alien

I had 5 mins with Ainsworth getting a photo and a quick chat, he looked at me and said that getting promoted with this club is the greatest moment of my career, I laughed and said come on mate we've all had a drink and he got quite firm and said no mate, listen this club means everything to me, to achieve this, he then started tearing up and we had a man hug. He genuinely loves QPR and hope he continues to do well at Wycombe or wherever he ends up. An absolute hero of a man

I came back from Australia for the last few weeks of the 2004 season and also was lucky enough to be in the Town Hall that night. I was chatting with Steve Gallen and Ainsworth came over and said this is a proper football club and he said he loved us.
You could tell he meant it.

Gareth Ainsworth great bloke and a Rangers fan - how good is that?
[Post edited 10 Mar 2021 22:27]
Gareth ainsworth on 22:42 - Mar 10 with 1029 viewskensalriser

Don’t forget Gaz played for Wimbledon, who wrote the book on how to succeed on uncompetitive budgets.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Gareth ainsworth on 22:46 - Mar 10 with 1025 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Anyone go to the Aldershot friendly prior to his last season where he had the raging hump and smashed the Left back right up in the air for no reason.

Bet he isn't a fan!

Well done Wild Thing. Hope to see you as manager one day.
Gareth ainsworth on 10:12 - Mar 11 with 867 viewsW7Ranger

Gareth ainsworth on 19:51 - Mar 10 by CamberleyR

Fourth bottom

https://www.11v11.com/league-tables/league-two/24-september-2012/

Near as dammit then. Still a great turnaround guided by Gaz.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024